Chapter Five - Hidden Past

Shadows

As she walked into her class, realisation hit her. She’s never been on a date. With this hanging over her thoughts, she sat down, and quickly lined her pen and book up together and made sure they were straight. Looking up she saw her teacher start the lesson, but as much as she attempted to drown her thoughts out she knew she would have to face the inevitable. She’d have to talk to them about it. 

 

Turning to her side she saw Sana and Momo talking, not focused on the lesson. How would she be able to get into their conversation and turn it on her? She thought as she watched them animatedly gossip. 

Opening to ask them, she was cut off by the teacher saying, “Mina, stop talking and work.” Which left not only her, but the entire class confused. Including the two people next to her, “who were you talking to?” Sana whispered to her, with a hint of a joking tone and Mina just half smiled. Not that they’d know the difference, and replied “myself obviously, but was what you two were talking about important?” 

She was impressed at how easy this ‘other mina’ came out when she was talking to this group of girls, since she knew that this was the only way she’d be able to talk and have them understand her. “Only as important as air! We were talking about how this teacher needs to relax, take a shower.” She heard Sana respond, “ahh so only the essentials?” She responded and earned an excited giggle and nod in response. 

“Anyway, I need your help?” She proposed and this gained Momo’s attention too, “our help?” They asked in unison. “Yes, it’s your expertise I’m after.” Mina replied and spent the entire lesson discussing casual outfit ideas, because Mina wouldn’t want them to know her wardrobe could only cover up to that. 

 

 

Lunch came slower than Mina wanted and she felt her feet move on their own, her heart racing at the idea of seeing Tzuyu again. After spending an hour on different types of casual outfits, that Mina herself never thought were different. She thinks she might know what to wear for the date that she knows little about. 

 

Stepping into the clearing, she saw that Tzuyu seemed to be waiting for her. 

 

“Great, you’re here. Here’s my number and I’ll text you the details. But I really need to go so bye.” Tzuyu said quickly as she handed Mina a small bit of paper. Before Mina could even process a thought, Tzuyu was gone and she left a slightly sad Mina behind. 

 

“But I wanted to eat together” Mina moaned aloud to herself. 

 

Sitting down in the same spot she does, almost, everyday she stared up and let herself finally think things over. 

Her mind went to her getting her first job last week so she can finally help mum pay everything, because since a certain day her mum hasn’t been in the best of conditions. And she stopped thinking when her cheeks became wet with tears, “not just anyone should see you cry.” She repeated to herself. Remembering what her dad once told her. And just with that her heart began to break a bit more. 

 

!not proof read and merry Christmas. What about Mina’s past? And why did Tzuyu rush away?