Chapter Six - All a Joke?

Shadows

!You’re gonna hate me for this chapter but I felt that it needed more drama. Also I am really sorry for the hiatus, I just was full with school work

Mina started with giving her the benefit of the doubt, she didn’t want to believe anything different. She couldn’t accept it. Yet here she was on the pavement (otherwise known as a sidewalk) looking at her phone. Watching the time tick by, the seconds she waited turned into minutes. Now she saw that she had been waiting for an hour. 
“I knew it was a joke, I’m so stupid.” She shouted aloud, thankful everyone walking down the street was listening to music or anything else to even acknowledge. 
Before she waited five minutes, Mina marked it up to traffic. With ten she said public transport was late, it wasn’t that farfetched. But when it had been thirty minutes, she attempted to convince herself that Tzuyu was still getting ready. But when it was nearing forty five whole minutes, she became more sceptical in her assumptions. Though she tried to convince herself that maybe Tzuyu was just a perfectionist, that was something Mina could relate to, at least to an extent. But once her phones time read 7:30 in the evening she began to feel beyond stupid. 
Stupid for all the minutes she’d wasted, how strange she may have looked to people passing by. Her heart hurt more than anything, was the next thing she realised, and only then did it dawn on her that she actually like Tzuyu. She wasn’t capable of love, she always believed God or whoever controls fate had set out the most insufferable and torturous life for her. 
But then she met Tzuyu, she saw her and everything stopped. Like her brain realised there was something good in this evil world. But the more her feelings flourished inside she ignored them harder. That was until Tzuyu asked her out. 
It was too good to be true, someone like Tzuyu asking Mina out. That wasn’t a thing that happened but Mina should’ve went with her gut. She wouldn’t be walking with tears slowly falling from her eyes, this caused her to panic and look down. She could hear someone calling her name but she wasn’t in the mood, her brain was too focused on sorting her heart out so she walked without caring, she stepped on a few cracks but she couldn’t care. At least not at that moment. Not when her world felt as though it was squeezing life out of her. 
Why did she have to go to that place?
Why did Tzuyu have to be there? 
She decided that she would ignore Tzuyu because she couldn’t deal with this sort of reaction, that didn’t seem to be letting up any soon. So she walked into the empty house and ran up the stairs collapsed on her bed and cried her heart out. She knew deep down that she was over reacting, she knew that somewhere in the texts she has received since walking home, and there was an explanation for it all somewhere in them. But her brain was telling her there was no such thing that the excuse would just be a lie. She just wanted to vent and then she’d be fine. She needed to let it out, walk down and up the stairs once her eyes weren’t pouring tears and she would be able to see. 
She needed to shut her brain up, before she set her anxiety off and so she wiped away the final tears and walked up and down the stairs in her house. Once, twice.., twenty times and soon her mind was at rest, it wasn’t telling her who would die if she didn’t listen to it. She felt serene for a while, but she knew it would never last. It never did. 
Now with a level head she walked to her phone and saw only a few texts and that is when she knew the person she’d walked away from was indeed Tzuyu. She saw that she apologised but she said she would honestly tell her tomorrow. 
But Mina sat frozen. Was she just a joke to Tzuyu? She wasn’t sure what sort of outcome would come out of meeting Tzuyu tomorrow. On a Saturday, without the excuse that she has to go to class. But above all else she wanted to know why, why Tzuyu always complimented her, why she even asked her out if what the end result would be was this. 
She’d face Tzuyu and get answers then she’d leave. Let them both be on their separate ways. It had to go this way, because Mina said that is how she is doing things.