If You Leave

I Still Remember

"I'll move out okay,"  Jimin said running his fingers through his hair. "I can't live here. Everything would remind me of you."  He looks around the room at all the things they have bought together. "Will you stay here?"

"Yes, for now," Yoongi says sitting himself on the floor. His eyes still sting from the tears he's shed. "I don't know where to go."

"Don't move in with him, please. Wait, no. It's none of my business. Do what you want." The frustration is building making it hard to keep his cool. Yoongi isn't his anymore and it's killing him.  Why Jin of all people?

Yoongi just looked at him.  Knowing full well that he still loves him, he still wants him, but they don't work.

"What about work? Will I still see you?" Give me this at least. Jimin thinks.

"Yeah. If it's okay with you. We don't have much right now since Tae and Jhope are in the military."

Jimin nods and walks in the bedroom. He pulls a suitcase out of the closet and starts to pack some clothes. Yoongi follows him in and sits on the edge of the bed. "Need some help?"

"No Yoongi. How am I supposed to get over you with you sitting there cutely sulking?  What are you thinking about?" Jimin asks. Why was Yoongi making it so hard to leave him?

"I still remember that day you put your arm around me. When you found me freezing on a park bench, I was so cold but you gave me your warmth and at that moment I knew I had never been warm."

Jimin smiles glad that Yoongi remembered that.  He never told him how he searched all night for him worried that he had nowhere to stay.  Yoongi didn't know that Jimin was already obsessed with him before they even spoke for the first time.  How he followed him around too shy to speak to him.  After reflecting he finally speaks.

"I don't think we were destined to be together. I think we just found it really hard to be apart. It's so hard to let go now.  I feel lost."

"I understand what you mean. We've been together a long time but we'll get used to it."  Yoongi tries to smile but fails miserably.

"I got to go," Jimin says. "I'll finish this when you are not here. This is too difficult."

Jimin heads out the door not looking back. He doesn't want to remember this. He doesn't want to remember leaving. 


But Yoongi will never forget how he walked out of his life.

~~~~

If You Leave

If you leave, don't leave now

Please don't take my heart away
Promise me just one more night
Then we'll go our separate ways

We've always had time on our sides

But now it's fading fast
Every second
Every moment
We've got to, we've gotta make it last

I touch you once I touch you twice

I won't let go at any price
I need you now like I needed you then
You always said we'd still be friends someday

If you leave

I won't cry
I won't waste one single day
But if you leave, don't look back

I'll be running the other way

Seven years went under the bridge
Like time was standing still
Heaven knows what happens now
You've got to, you've gotta say you will

I touch you once, I touch you twice

I won't let go at any price
I need you now like I need you then
You always said we'd meet again

I touch you once I touch you twice

I won't let go at any price
I need you now like I need you then
You always said we'd still be friends

I touch you once I touch you twice

I won't let go at any price
I need you now like I need you then
You always said we'd meet again someday

If you leave

If you leave
If you leave
Don't look back
Don't look back