My Blood Beats Faster

I Still Remember

Jin tries to forget his encounter with the pink-haired boy but he is not successful. After all, how often does one find such an aesthetically pleasing human being? 

'I can't help myself.' Jin thinks. Every time he spotted the cute boy at school, his blood beats faster, his ears flush, and he forgets what he was doing. 

'I've never had a crush on a guy before. What is happening to me? I'd pay for your breakfast anytime if you'd be willing to be my friend. He is so compelling, so cool. I have to get to know him.' 

'What's on your mind boy? Where do you go? What do you do? I should talk to him. I should ask him to come over. I'm too scared though. I'm too tongue-tied. Why does he not notice me? I stand by the spot where we met but he never comes. He probably doesn't have money to buy the egg-bread. I wish I could buy it for him.' He thinks all these jumbled thoughts effectively disconnecting him from his surroundings. It's as if a love spell has been cast on him by a mischievous pink-haired fairy.

Not surprisingly, Jin thinks about him on his way home. Suddenly a blissful smile comes to his face. The object of his fascination just passed by on a scooter delivering pizzas. Jin quickly writes down the number on the scooter. "Gotcha!" He says to himself.

Jin rushes home and gets ready for his plan. The machinations in his mind coming up with varied scenarios where he ends up kissing him. Of course, he doesn't really think that will happen. When he's finally done getting ready, he nervously calls the number and orders 3 pizzas. He figures this way he can give the delivery boy a bigger tip without looking suspicious. That way the boy will be able to buy himself some egg-bread in the morning. Jin is hoping he will get to see him again by the food stall the following day.

Jin keeps a look out his window hoping they send the cute boy in the red scooter and not someone else. He's not disappointed when he spots him parking his scooter. Jin is so nervous that his hands are shaking with anticipation.  The pizza guy makes his way to the building. Jin's heart is pounding and his cheeks are flushed. He checks himself in the mirror to make sure he looks perfect. 'I'm so stupid,' he thinks.

Jin slowly opens the door finally fixing his gaze on his crush without feeling weird. Pizza boy looks back at him recognizing him from school. His pretty eyes sparkle with mischief.

"Hi Egg-bread, nice house." Yoongi greets.

Jin giggles at the nickname. "I'm Seok-jin" He clarifies. "Call me Jin.

"Min Yoongi, call me Yoongi," he mimics handing him the pizza boxes.

"Thank you." Jin says receiving the pizzas and adds, "Hey, I ordered all this and now my family isn't coming. Would you like to join me?"

Yoongi hesitated. He hated turning down free food but he was still on the clock.

"Sorry, Egg-bread you'll have to try some other time. I'm still working."

Jin liked his coy little smirk. He thinks I like him! Oh well, I do.

"Come back after work then. I'll wait." Jin insists.

"Are you always this persistent? .... Okay, I get off in an hour." Yoongi agrees and walks off.

Jin bites his lip trying to hide his smile. Once the door closes he does a little celebratory dance.

Not much later, after getting off work, Yoongi made his way to Jin's house. He hopes he doesn't smell like pizza but then again Jin likes pizza so it's ok. Jin lets him in ecstatic that Yoongi came back and offers him a drink.

"I'll have a beer. Thanks." Yoongi says looking around the spacious place. "Do you live here by yourself?"

"No, but my parents are out. Make yourself at home."

"How about you? Do you live around here?" Jin says taking a bite of pizza.

"I live close to school with a roommate, Jimin. He's my best friend."

"What do you do when you're off?"

"Sleep!" "Just kidding. I'll sleep when I'm old. I perform my music on the street and sometimes at open mic nights. I rap. You should come with me sometime. It's fun."

"Sure, I'd like that." 'I knew you were cool.' He thinks to himself. 'That's why I wanted to know you.'

Yoongi looks around the room a little nervous being in this rich guy's house.  Everything in Jin's house looks expensive. "Hey! There's a piano here. I'd love to play it. Do you play?" Yoongi says excitedly.

"No, but I sing and play the guitar. I also love to cook."

"Me too. My mom is a cook. She taught me." Yoongi says expertly playing on the piano that Jin has never even opened.

"Maybe you can come over and we'll cook together." Jin offers enthralled by his long elegant fingers. 


Yoongi says, "I like meat. Especially bar-b-q!"

"Is that a hint?"  Jin thinks that's cute. He smiles thinking he wants to bar-b-q meat for Yoongi. Poor thing probably never gets to eat it. "I'll make you some."

"Okay." Yoongi leans back on the couch making himself at home. He feels comfortable here. This place is nice.

"You mentioned you rap. Can I hear some of your music?"

"Sure." Yoongi plays his music on his phone.  He is confident when he raps but one on one he's actually shy and hopes Jin likes it.  Jin seems impressed making Yoongi smile and share his passion.  "I recorded this on my phone yesterday. I'm always coming up with stuff. It's my passion, you know, what I want to do in life."

Jin nods understanding better what makes him tick increasing his strong attraction. "I have a passion too. I want to be an actor."

"I can see that for you. I'm sure you'll be very successful." Yoongi encourages him.

After listening to the music and finishing the pizza, they decided to go out. Yoongi is so excited to share his interests with Jin that he doesn't go home. Jin's enthusiasm for his interest makes him want to show his new friend some of the places he goes to watch live artists and where he himself performs. 

Jin was up for a fun time and he can't believe how well the night is going. He really didn't have many friends and he certainly wasn't used to going out on a school night. This was more than he hoped for and he didn't want it to end. The fast-paced night got rowdier and rowdier as they both drank and enjoyed themselves. Jin didn't know it was possible to have this much fun with someone. They explored the city well into the night ending up in a mob of people at some underground club. Yoongi's swag getting them into places they shouldn't be at their age. Yoongi pulling him by the hand so he wouldn't lose him, they finally step out of the noisy club into the street.


Jin sees his chance as they walk by a dark corner of an alley. He confidently pushes Yoongi against the wall giving Yoongi no choice but to look up at the taller boy. The younger's lips are slightly parted surprised by the boy's boldness. Jin seizes the moment and plants a kiss on his lips. Yoongi pushes him off and takes off running down the dark street towards the crowd.   He is confident in most things but not this.  Being ambiguous about his uality, Jin's boldness surprises him and scares him a little.