I Should Have Kissed You

I Still Remember

It was time to go home. Yoongi and Jimin were the last to leave the birthday party. They stepped out onto the chilly courtyard after their goodbyes. Yoongi hesitated then asked Jimin to wait outside with his presents. He went back in to thank Jin again. Yoongi felt bad cause his friend looked so lonely all of a sudden in that big empty house.  He wanted to make sure he was okay.

"Yoongi, you don't have to thank me again," Jin says.

"But I do. I'm so grateful to you."

Yoongi leaned in to give him a hug. Jin holds him a tad too long prompting Yoongi to say.

"I know you like me. Admit it."

"What gave you that idea?" Jin asks surprised.

"Well, the kiss." Waving his hand. "And all this."

"I do." Jin confesses, "I don't love you though. Not like Jimin does."

"You think?" Yoongi says scrunching his face in doubt.

"How do you not see it? He's so possessive with you. He wouldn't let you go tonight, always behind you or holding your hand."

"Are you mad?"

"No. It made me realize something, it's just a man crush. I'm straight."

"Oh, really?"

"Okay, straight-ish."

Yoongi laughs. "I thought so."

"Stop it! Or I'm gonna kiss you again, you little ."

 "You're whipped." Yoongi eggs on and runs before Jin tries to grab him nodding his head no and yes in a confused manner.  

Jin stares at him longingly. "You better go before your boyfriend gets jealous."

"Okay bye, but he's not my boyfriend yet. By the way, you're so hot."

"I know," Jim smirks with confidence.

Yoongi laughs again as he leaves and says, "You should have kissed me."

Jimin is waiting not too patiently. He looks annoyed, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Did you kiss?" His little face angry and jealous.

"No, Jimin."

"What took you so long?"

"Are you jealous Chim-chim?" Yoongi suddenly hopes he was.

"No, I'm tired." Jimin denies the obvious. They start walking home. "What were you doing?"

"Talking about a cute boy," Yoongi says trying to get him to admit it.

"Oh?"

"You silly."

Jimin looks at Yoongi to see if he's kidding.

"You think I'm ugly."

"I think you're adorable."

Jimin's heart is racing. He thinks Yoongi is playing with him. He doesn't know what to say. He wants to confess to him that he loves him but he's scared Yoongi doesn't feel the same so he just keeps walking.

"Liar," Jimin says tucking his chin into his coat collar. "It's getting colder."

They get to their little home and Yoongi smiles. It's so much cozier and charming than Jin's big house. He is happy here. This feels like home and he can't wait to cuddle with Jimin in their warm bed. When did it become their bed? He wonders. Yoongi takes off his coat and pulls Jimin closer by his little sweater paws. Jimin looks so cute with his little chin hiding in his sweater.

"Are you going to give me my present now?" Yoongi asks sheepishly.

Jimin nods bitting his lip.

"You know what I would like?" Yoongi says.

"What's that?" Jimin whispers.

"To cuddle with you," Yoongi says.

Jimin can't hide the love on his face. He finally says what Yoongi wants to hear, "I love you Yoongi." And this is the best present he's ever had.