Making Our Dreams Come True

I Still Remember

 

The roar of applause was deafening.  Jin releases the breath he was holding when they announced his name as best new artist.   He thought his heart would burst from happiness when he saw his mom's tears of joy and his father's pride at his son's success.  He hurries to the stage to accept the award gushing with gratification.  He thanks his mother and father, his manager, etc. but he has one more person on his mind he knows is responsible for his success.  

"I also want to thank a friend of mine.  His dedication and hard work have led to his ultimate success as one of the winners here today for best producer.  He has inspired me and so many others to work hard and follow their dreams.  I've known him since high school and I'm proud to call him my friend, Min Yoongi.  Thank you.  This award is yours too."

Jin holds up the award and blows a kiss at the audience. 

He walks backstage for photos and greets his friends that are waiting for him.  A black-haired boy is one of the ones waiting to congratulate him.

"Hey, Egg-bread."  Yoongi says. His adorable pouting face literally saying hug me hyung.

"Yoongi!  I can't believe you still remember that nickname you gave me.  It's nice to see you again."

"Wow, Jin congrats.  I really love your music.  I hope you let me produce a song for you one day.  Oh, and thank you for the nice things you said about me.  I may have inspired you but you did the work."

Jin smiles shyly.  Thinking this may be the proudest day of his life.  "Thank you.  I'd love that."

"Great." Yoongi says with a shy smile.

"You must be so proud of winning best producer."  Jin gushes.

"Yea. I got so shy when I went to accept the award.  It was hard to get my thoughts straight."

"I know right.  How's Jimin?  I know you guys work together."

"He's great but we've had our problems. I don't want to talk about it on such a happy day."

"Sure. I understand. Why don't we meet up and catch up on old times?  I've always wanted to be your friend but Jimin was so jealous I thought it best to stay away from you.  I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch."

"It's okay. You're actually the main reason I'm so successful now.  If you hadn't helped me back then with the scholarship, I wouldn't be what I am today."

"I think you would still be successful, but it makes me very happy that you think that."

Jin pulled Yoongi closer and hugged him.