Hot Chocolate in the Winter

Drabbles with YukiTo

It was the rarest weather in Tokyo's history, with temperatures low enough to inspire panic and enough freezing rain to cause accidents all over the state.

 

Yuki absolutely hated the cold and she was left shivering in jackets that weren't warm enough and desperately tried to keep her temper positive. She was currently huddled in the passenger seat of her boyfriend's car. Unfortunately, the heat was broken and Hokuto has been finding the sight of Yuki shivering this much amusing.

 

He had been smirking at her all day as she grumbled and shivered, hating every minute of the cloudy weather and cold temperatures. Yuki was wishing desperately she was home and wrapped in a hot blanket. Yet meanwhile, Hokuto was driving easily on the slick roads, deftly navigating around fishtailing cars and people. 

 

As the wind picked up, Yuki wasn't sure she could think over her teeth chattering. She longed for the warmth of Malaysia's sun, glazing everything in oranges and yellows. These dull clouds were unnatural, and worse, depressing. Everything was cold and harsh and miserable – a perfect reflection of her mood.

 

Then the snow started to fall, Yuki looked at the huge white flakes feeling as if she were being punished for something. She hadn't seen snow for a while, and while she could appreciate the picturesque beauty of falling snow, that appreciation was confined to watching through a window, not shivering outside in it.

 

A heavy weight settled over her shoulders, and Yuki found Hokuto behind her arranging his jacket over hers. "You looked like you needed this more than me," he said with laugh.

 

Yuki made a face, but didn't complain at the added warmth. "This is all your fault, you know," she said, hoping he had processed his part quickly and she would be able to escape back to the car.

 

"Who, me?" he replied innocently, but the smirk on his face showed he knew exactly what she was talking about.

 

She poked him hard on the shoulder, satisfied when he winced. "Yes, you. You had to drag me with you to work today, we could've ditched!."

 

"I thought you said you said you hated missing a day of pranking the girls. Besides, they'll be there too." Hokuto replied, grinning widely as she scowled.

 

"I hate you," Yuki muttered sulkily, finishing up her processing and closing up her kit. Her only consolation was the added warmth of Hokuto's jacket over her own. It almost made the cold tolerable. Almost.

 

"No you don't," He countered cockily. "And I'll order you hot chocolate when it's time for lunch."

 

Yuki walked into the school and stood back against her locker with her arms crossed. "With whipped cream and red sprinkles?" she asked.

 

"I'll even throw in some marshmallows. Anything for you, baby," Hokuto said with a roll of his eyes. His smile, though, was genuine.

 

The warmth of the building bolstered Yuki's mood. Once they got back from the first meeting, she only had an hour left until lunchtime. After 3 hours after that, she could go home, turn her heat up to seventy-five, and pretend that it wasn't freezing in Tokyo.

 

"I'm going to need a little more than spiked hot chocolate to warm me up, Hokuto," she said with a wink.