Tea in Bed

Drabbles with YukiTo

Yuki Arioka wanted to be patient but she didn't how much longer she could wait. After all, it had only been a year since she last saw the love of her life. 

 

One whole freaking year.

 

"Damn, You have no idea how much I miss you..." Yuki whispered to herself under her breath. When Yuki first went abroad to Canada to study at a popular University, the two would talk every single day. Hokuto would call her the first thing in the morning from Japan to wish her a good night and right before he heads to bed, he'd call her again to start her morning off right. 

 

However, eventually these calls had been limited to once every week and now, it's been a month since they've talked and that was only to schedule a time for them to meet- and that time happened to be today.

 

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress asked Yuki the third time. She was already at their favorite cafe and they were supposed to meet here 30 minutes ago.

 

There was no way to reach out to him too because her phone had died. Yuki usually brings her charger with her but she just landed this morning and forgot to grab it from her other bag since she was in such a rush to be here. 

 

Having sensed the slight tone of annoyance in the waitress's question, Yuki reluctantly answered. 

 

"Hoji Tea. Just Hoji Tea please." 

 

"I'll be right back with your order."

 

After the waitress had finally finished pressuring her, Yuki sighed and began to drift off and before she knew it, the cup of tea was at the table and a familiar man appeared sitting in front of her.

 

"Am I dreaming?" Yuki asked. 

 

Hokuto chuckled and reached out for her hand. "If you're dreaming then tell me if this feels real to you" 

 

And in the next second, the man leaned over the table to place a heart-warming kiss on her lips. 

 

After pulling away, Yuki folded her arms across her chest and stared at the teacup before taking a sip of it. "You're late..." 

 

"I know... I wanted to get you something but the shop was closed today. I had to run to the next nearest store to grab it. I tried letting you know but I couldn't reach you" Hokuto said, grabbing a small box from the bag next to his chair. "Open it" 

 

"Sorry for getting so upset" Yuki apologized as she began to untie the ribbon the box. "I just missed you so damn much, my phone also died, and the waitress was-" 

 

After lifting the lid off the box, Yuki's lips curved into a smile and she stopped her sentence.

 

"These are so pretty" She complimented in awe as she lifted the teacup set from the box. 

 

"I got them so next time, we can have a cup of tea anywhere together- even in the comfort of our beds."