Entangled Feelings

Abandoned Stories

Entangled Feelings
by AyaniELF

Description

  Donghae is a pauper.   

                                     Hyukjae is a prince.

Â

Hyukjae likes Donghae, the feeling isn't mutual. So Hyukjae goes out of his way to make Donghae his, but who will try and stop him? Who will succeed?

Foreword

Edited: September 4, 2013

A/N: This has a rushed ending.


Chapter 1
Crush


"Are you kidding me? Who told you that!"

Donghae grasped his hair and fell to the fell dramatically. Yoona, his best friend just told him that Hyukjae, Mr. Hotstuff in her eyes, just checked him out.

They attended Calvary High School for the wealthy and royal. Yoona, a Junior. Donghae, a Sophomore.

"Hae please. Can you stop being a drama queen for once? No wonder you bottom." Yoona sighed.

Donghae just gasped at Yoona.

"I am not a bottom! I top Yoona! I top-"

"Lots of girls yada yada. But really, you're 15 about to be 16 in 6 months and you've never had a girlfriend, nor a confession. I'm pretty sure you'll live from being checked out. In fact, that's a blessing considering your...choice of clothing."

Yoona winced at what her best friend was wearing. Blue bell bottoms with a red checkered top. Yup, he was gay and without a sense of fashion too.

"This top is in style."

"Not those pants. Are those mine? Shisus Hae. You dress like a female. Ugh, I blame Heechul if anything." She facepalmed.

"I know, but my skinny jeans don't fit me anymore. I think I'm fat!" Donghae pouted while sitting on the grass.

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Fat? Pfft. It's because of that fat ! Have you seen your behind? You have more than every girl in our school. Sometimes I even check you out" She exclaimed, looking at how Hae was kneeling trying to look at his own voluptous behind.

"Will you stop it! Hyukjae is hot, not to mention he's a prince." She said dreamily.

"Prince? HA! Choi Siwon is hot, that is a monkey."

"And Siwon's a horse. Humans are 99% related to monkeys, you sleep with Siwon you're committing ."

Donghae stood on his feet and started to walk away. "I can't with you. I can just feel the wrinkles forming and I can already see yours. I have to get away from this."

"HEY!" Yoona checked her pockets to find a mirror. Donghae who looked back saw her, walked back to her, gave her his Nemo compact mirror and walked towards their high school's food court.

"Of course you'd have a mirror Hae. Tch. I don't have any wrinkles you midget." She told herself, closing the mirror and jogging to catch up to him, before they both heard a loud screech.

"DONGHAIIIIII!!!!!!"

Yoona looked at Donghae in shock and whispered, "Oh god, it's Heevil"

a/n: 60 subbies in total from all 3 stories -crumbles into the ground- I never even thought I would get 1 ;__; YALL ARE JUST SO PRECIOUS!!!


Chapter 2
Heechul


"DONGHAI! YOU KNOW YOU HEARD ME"

"Quick Donghae you can still escape, no way he's running in those stilettos" Yoona said trying to push Donghae behind a tree.

"Aish. Yoona I happen to like Heechul and those heels are gor-"

SMACK!

"OW!" Yoona slapped the compliment out Hae's throat. "Shisus Yoona, you're more manly than I am"

"1: Your gay is the feminine out of me and 2: Calm yo s"

"Moobs. Yoona. The combination of 'man' and 's' equals 'moobs'. Don't you know anything?"

SMACK!

Donghae grabbed his head and cowered. "You're going to give me a concuss-HOLY CRAP! He can run in those!"

"WHAT!?" Yoona's eyes widened. Yup, Heechul was running with 4 inch stilettos on towards Donghae.

"DONGHAI!" and right onto Donghae, they fell to the ground. Somehow Donghae ended up at the bottom....how ironic.

Heechul started kissing Donghae all over his face while Yoona gaped in horror. Heechul was much older than the both of them. He was 18.

"How *muah* much *muah* I've *muah* missed *muah* you~"

Yoona pretended to throw up making very ugly, exaggerated faces.

Eventually, Hangeng came running up behind mumbling something like 'how did you run faster than me when I had a headstart?' and pulled Heechul up.

"Now now Chullie, you've given the poor boy a heart attack."

True. Donghae was sprawled on the floor, eyes and mouth wide open frozen in fear and shock.

"I can't help it Hangeng, the school year just started! We have so much to talk about Donghai, Hangeng and I had a wonderfullll time in China. You know we even had -"

Hangeng covered Heechul's mouth, but he pulled the offending hand off.

"-on the Great Wall of China. It was mindblowing."

Everyone's left eye twitched.

"SHISUS. I can't believe you walk out with that foul mouth." Siwon popped out of nowhere. He was a Senior like Hanchul.

"Oh Wonnie when did you get here?"

"As a matter of fact. My mouth is very clean, it's only foul when it's used for oral-"

Heechul stopped Hangeng's hand. ""

Donghae in the middle of it all, ran to Siwon. "Wonnie~ let's go to lunch!"

Siwon with his breathtakingly blinding smile said "Alright. My cute dongsaeng~"

And off they went, leaving a raging Queen, a startled chinaman, and a statue to stare at their departing bodies.

"Geng"

"Yeah?"

"Who is that chick?" Heechul asked looking behind himself, where Yoona was standing.

"That would be Yoona, Hae's best friend for the last 6 years."

"Oh. Anyway, let's go to lunch! I have to watch that religious prick. He might taint my baby Hae."

"If anyone is tainted it's you-"

ATTEMPTED SMACK! DENIED!

"HA!" Hangeng turned to face Heechul, "Ya missed me!"

PUNCH!

"I don't believe I did." Heechul said, walking over Hangeng's body, giving him a good view of what was underneath his mini skirt. With a sight like that, blood spewed from Hangeng's nose.

Â


Chapter 3
Dramatic


As Siwon and Donghae entered the food court, all eyes were on them since all grades ate at the same time. The food court was as big as a football field. A couple thousand teenagers fit easily.

As they went to sit down, Jessica, Princess of Aries, a very large Kingdom, stepped in front of them blocking the way.

"Ugh. Look who showed up! Donggay. First you tried to touch our Prince and now you're going after our Shisus. Who's next?"

Donghae's eyes got blurry. He was holding back tears while holding Siwon's arm in a death grip. He looked to the side of the Jessica and saw Hyukjae standing there, face expressionless.

Jessica and Hyukjae were Juniors like Yoona.

Siwon saw Donghae's face and yelled, "YA! Hyukjae! Aren't you going to do anything? Didn't you say you liked him? What now? Because little miss princess is here you won't say a word? How dare you!"

"We're engaged and what do I look like chasing after some poor, ugly boy?" Hyukjae scoffed.

Jessica's smirk brightened when Hyukjae grabbed her by the hand and led her away.

Siwon removed Donghae's hand from his arm, other than the fact that he was losing the feeling in it, to comfort him.

He grabbed his face with both hands. "Now don't be bothered alright?"

Hae sniffled. "Why...why does everyone think he's so kind? He's always...always been mean to me."

Siwon sighed and let Hae's face go. "I'm shocked myself. Hyukjae has never behaved this way before. He's a Prince, it must've been Jessica that got to him. Are you still hungry?"

Donghae's stomach growled. "I can see that you are" He blushed embarrassed.

"Wonnie?"

"Hmm?"

"If anything, in my eyes you're a prince..." He looked away, suddenly shy to be so close.

Siwon laughed and the sound echoed through the small hallway.

"Why are you laughing?" Hae pouted.

"Because, you're still as cute as ever. You make me feel guilty for being straight."

"Oh" Donghae's pout left and he felt empty. The very guy he had pined for, was straight. 'Oh well' he thought. 'He's missing out on rainbows and unicorns'.

Â

As they made their way to their special table, they saw Hanchul making out, and a blushing Yoona barely touching her food.

"YOONA!" Hae called, running towards her.

As he ran, someone stuck their foot out and tripped him.

"AH!" He fell over the trashcan that was nearby and fell, food was everywhere.

"Aww, little donggay can't walk. Is it because you've had a little fun today? I was wondering who was in the Janitors closet."

Everyone laughed and pointed at Hae who was covered in trash.

"Trash suits you." She said as she went to sit next to Hyukjae.

Once again his eyes met with Hyukjae who had been silently playing with his food.

Jessica saw their stares and knew what Hyukjae was thinking so she whispered menacingly towards him, "If you help him, you know what will happen." And so, he turned breaking the eye contact between them.

All eyes were on Hae. Even his friends who got up to help him, but were stopped by Hae who said, "Don't help me. Don't make it harder on yourselves."

Hae got up and walked away as calmly as he could.

Little did everyone know that the second he escaped from there, sobs spilled from his mouth and tears poured from his eyes as he ran to the boys bathroom as fast as he could with a broken wrist.


Chapter 4
Saved my life


Donghae lived in Yoona's house. Donghae was disowned by his family for being gay, and Yoona was an orphan.

She was older than Donghae by a few months, she was a Junior. Her parents had died when she graduated middle school, so she took a few months to get situated. Instead, being tutored at home.

Yoona was the reason Donghae was still in school. He couldn't afford it, but because her parents were rich, she was given a large inheritance of over $200 million.

Donghae's family was poor. They could barely afford anything and when Donghae came out, it was the easiest choice they ever made, so they kicked him out. He had heard later on that his family was doing fairly good considering their circumstances, thus he never tried to contact them again.

They became best friends within a few months after meeting each other.

Donghae was on his last dollar and living in the alley across the street from where Yoona lived. At the time she was living in an apartment, a few blocks away from a grocery store.

As she was walking down the block from the library, books in hand, she heard whimpers and sniffles. At first, she thought nothing of it, until she grew closer to her house.

Looking around, as it was nighttime, she saw a young boy in the shadows of an alley. She crossed the street and called out, "Hey? Um...is there anyone there?"

Suddenly, something fell with a loud clanking sound. She followed the noise to find a teenaged boy sitting, his clothes were ragged and his hair which was up to his shoulders was filthy.

"Oh hey there. Are you okay? I...I won't hurt you. Tell me what's your name?" She bent down to his level, placing her books gently on the floor, and watched as he scooted backwards in fear.

"....." He said nothing.

Sighing she knew she had to save him. After all, she did have the resources to do so. Approaching him softly, she grabbed his arm. He instantly cowered and started crying loudly. So she let him go. "Woah there, easy. I won't hurt you. My name is Yoona, I live there across the street from here." She pointed to her apartment. "Come with me and I'll help you alright?"

Feeling somewhat safe after those men had tried to him earlier, he grabbed her, hugging her tightly while still crying heavily.

"Ah. It's okay shhh." She cooed. Rubbing his back gently, she pulled him onto his feet, grabbing her books as well. "Lets go and get you cleaned up."

It took a bit of time getting him to go with her and after many stares and whispers of 'who is that guy?' and responses 'I don't know but he stinks', they entered her apartment.

It was a simple 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment. Even though Yoona had the means, she was never one to show off.

She dropped her books and led him to the bathroom.

"Just take your clothes off and get cleaned alright? The soap is to your right, just turn the knob for the water to the left. There's a towel on the shelf up there. Don't forget to wash your hair too." She gently caressed his hair as he flinched. "You need a haircut...I wonder how old you are." She said, whispering to herself.

"Call me or just go to the living room, it's downstairs if you need me."

It happened just like that. Donghae took a shower and smelled of vanilla when he went downstairs. Yoona was watching Finding Nemo.

Yoona hearing some noise, turned to find Hae jumping excitedly.

"All cleaned up I see. Oh do you like Finding Nemo?"

Hae nodded enthusiastically.

'A 5 year old huh?' She thought. But then when she looked down she realized he was only wearing a towel.

"OH MAH GAWD! I FORGOT TO GET YOU CLOTHES! HOLD ON!"

Running past Hae, she looked back to see him sitting on the couch. For someone she found in an alley, he was pretty fit, not to mention very skinny. She was going to have to take him to the doctor in the morning.

Hae on the otherhand was clapping his hands and staring at the tv in deep concentration. He loved fishes, that much was known about the poor boy.

"Here you go" Yoona said passing him some nemo pajamas. "My...aunt bought me these a few years back, but I'm not a huge fan of Nemo. I was about to change the channel when you walked in."

Hae smiled, grabbing the pajamas and running up the stairs.

'He fits in quickly'

Less than 5 minutes passed before Hae came back down, rubbing his eyes.

"Aish you baby, you're sleepy aren't you?"

He nodded his head, pouting cutely.

"Come on, you can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep here on the couch, it's only 1am. I usually don't sleep until 2."

Yoona pulled Hae upstairs to her bedroom. She pushed him to lay down on the bed as she tucked him in.

"Goodnight alley boy."

And Yoona swore she could hear the faint whisper of 'goodnight' before she closed the door.


Chapter 5
The hell you will


Donghae eventually cleaned himself up and went to the Nurse's office.

As the nurse wrapped a bandage ace around Donghae's wrist, she smiled

"You're a brave young boy"

Donghae who was still sniffling a bit looked up with bright, round eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I hear the rumors going around, the chit-chats and I know what you've been through. So here's an extra strawberry lollipop." She said as she handed him 2.

"Wahh! Thank you!!" He opened the package and began happily on one.

"Your left wrist should heal in about a week to 2 weeks. Don't over work it. Be thankful it wasn't the one you write with."

The nurse patted Donghae's head. "Now get going, you've got a lot of friends and they're taking up too much space in the lobby."

"Alright. Thanks again!"

As Donghae exited the office, he was immediately jumped upon by Heechul, Yoona and Sungmin who had just arrived. Hangeng and Siwon stood and watched while smiling, happy that their friend was okay.

"OOF!"

"Are you okay?"

"Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"That mean nurse wouldn't let is in."

"Woah! woah! Chullie, Yoona, Minnie, I'm fine. Just a sprained wrist. I thought it was broken earlier so I'm happy it's not that bad." Hae said while smiling.

They could all just stand in awe.

"Come on haehae, I'm taking you home." Heechul exclaimed. "No way are you going back to class with those jerks, you need some rest."

"You mean WE'RE taking him home. I'm not leaving my best friend." Yoona said.

"Who are you again?"

"I'm Yoo-"

"OH as in 'you not important'? Good."

Yoona scowled as Hangeng stepped in. "Woah ladies, Hae is injured we should worry about him first."

Donghae who had been walking during their argument stopped as he was 10 feet away.

He could see Hyukjae walking towards him....alone.

"What do you want?" Hae turned to see Heechul glaring at Hyukjae as he walked towards them.

"I just want to talk to Donghae if that's al-"

"No, it's not ing alright." Heechul stepped in front of Donghae, his heels giving him an extra boost to tower over him.

"I could care less if you were king. You get treated the way you treat my friend. So what does Hae look like listening to an ugly moron?"

Hyukjae frowned. He was a Prince and sure he didn't expect the royal treatment from everyone, but he did expect respect. But before he could speak, Donghae stepped in. An unwanted act on Heechul's side.

"I'm listening." Heechul gasped. "Hae!"

"Can we go somewhere private?"

"The hell you two can!" Once again, Hae ignored his comment. "Sure" "Hae!"

Hangeng grabbed Heechul. "Let them talk, it's only Hyukjae and if anything happens I give you full permission to kick the kid's ."

"Fine. But if anything DOES happen, I'll be kicking your too."

Hangeng gulped. "Maybe we can spy?"

"Good answer" Heechul kissed him on the cheek.
Â


Chapter 6
Asking out


"Ah! Ah! Ugh!"

"Geng will you stop acting like a baby! You're too loud! Shush or they'll find us out!"

Hanchul were currently squeezed inside of a small janitor's room, watching as Hyukjae and Donghae chatted. It was already 2pm, so most kids had gone home.

"Hard for me to do that" Hangeng scowled. "When your heel is using my big toe as a stepping post!"

Heechul gasped. "OH MY BABY!" He turned, stepping on more of Hangeng's now-dying toes to kiss his cheek.

"Please chullie don't move anymore, you've already cut off several toes." he begged.

"Okay, shush! I can't hear them..."

Â

"I wanted to apologize and ask you out."

Hae's mouth cracked, split and fell off, rolling on the floor. "Are you serious?"

The prince smiled. "I am very much so. Tomorrow is Friday. I figured it would be the perfect time."

"No."

It was Hyuk's mouth's turn to crack, split and roll like a buffalo.

Â

Inside the closet of course was Heechul slightly dancing in victory, step dancing all over Geng's crippled toes.

Â

"No?"

"No."

"NO?"

"NO."

"NOOO?"

Hanchul shot out the closet, Geng falling to his knees sobbing and Heechul shooting fire from his mouth.

"I believe my gorgeous dongsaeng said 'no'."

Donghae's mouth gaped. "CHULLIE!!!"

"Ah Hae, you're ripping my ear drums." He covered his ears.

"You were spying on me! I told you I can handle this hyung."

"Well....well..." Heechul's foot tapped repeatedly on the tiled floor. "I thought he would try something."

Everyone's mouth gaped. "In a school hallway!?"

"I've done it in a classroom this is nothing."

Hangeng whistled embarrassed.

"Give me a chance." Donghae looked at Hyukjae. "I honestly really like Donghae and I want a chance to take him out on a date."

Heechul's left eye twitched. "Friday night, 8pm. He better be home by 10. Since you're a Prince, you better take him somewhere nice. And don't worry, I'll dress him."

"CHULLIE!"

"Oh please" Heechul exclaimed waving his hand for emphasis. "You dress worse than a blind person. Even if they can't see color at least they can match."

Donghae sighed audibly.

"8pm it is. Be ready Donghae." Hyukjae winked.

Donghae shuddered. "Why chullie?"

Heechul strutted towards him like the feline he is and pet the top of Hae's head.

"Simple. I want to see what the monkey has in store. Plus, you won't be going alone. I still don't trust him."


Chapter 7
Before date pt 1


"Isn't my Haehae beautiful!?"

-crickets-

"TELL ME HE'S BEAUTIFUL" Heechul screamed.

Everyone started applauding even though Donghae wasn't there.

"Um...chullie baby, we haven't seen him yet."

Heechul looked around and frowned. "Oh...well I've seen him and he's gorgeous! Better looking than that Jesswhore"

"Jessica", Siwon piped.

"Do you not understand what an insult is Shisus?" Heechul deadpanned.

Siwon just smiled happily. Not even understanding that Heechul was insulting him.

"Anyway, he's so beautiful."

"I wish I could marry him!" Yoona exclaimed happily.

"No....and who are you?" Geng facepalmed. Yoona gasped.

Heechul rolled his eyes and continued. "As I was saying, First I want to see that monkey drool, then we can-"

DING DING DONG!"

"Monkey's hereeee! Haehae get your down here!" Heechul yelled from the bottom of the stairs. "Alright! Give me a few minutes~" "Okay"

Heechul saw Hangeng at the door and stopped him.

"Hangeng what are you doing!?"

He looked at the doorknob he was about to twist open, then at Heechul. "Opening the door?"

"NO! Wait till I'm sitting down."

"Why do you need to sit down?"

"So I can look like a Queen! Stop asking questions!"

Heechul ran to the small love seat facing the door and sat down, crossing his legs.

"I only asked 1 ques-"

"Open the door." He waved his arm dramatically.

As Hangeng opened the door, a well-dressed Hyukjae entered to find several pairs of eyes and creepy smiles directed towards him.

"Welcome Hyukjae."

Heechul glared at him while checking him out. A black button up shirt paired with a pair of black slacks. 'Classy' he thought.

"Donghae will be down in a minute or two. Please sit down let's chat."

Hyukjae gulped nervously. Everyone knew that when Heechul wanted to chat, it usually meant he wanted to stick his claws down your throat.

"Where are you planning on taking my lovely dongsaeng out to?"

"Well um...I didn't actually mean to wear this. I just came back from a royal meeting. I was going to take Donghae to the movies and maybe some pizza."

Everyone's jaw dropped and they all stared in fear at Heechul who's evil aura was boiling over.

"Are you serious?"

Siwon and Yoona yawned. "Well would you look at the ti-"

"SHUT IT SIWON! YOU DON'T EVEN OWN A WRISTWATCH!"

"You were planning on taking Donghae to eat some pizza?!"

Â

Heechul was beyond furious. It took him 2 hours to get Donghae pampered up and for what? Pizza?

Unbeknowest to him was Donghae, who was standing at the bottom of the staircase listening.

Â

"Look. I don't want to make a huge scene."

"So you've only been thinking of yourself? Even a nice restaurant would've sufficed. What's the point of going out and doing something you could do right in your own damn house!"

Â

Donghae listened to them before coughing to make his appearance.

"Haehae" Heechul's eyes warmed.

"It's okay Chullie"

Donghae walked down so everyone could see him. Some gasped and some checked him out like Hyukjae and Siwon.

He was wearing tight dark blue skinny jeans that showed his curves with a white button up.

It was simple, but he looked breathtaking.

"Are you ready Donghae?"

"Bye everyone, be back later~" he blew kisses towards everyone and waved while walking right past Hyukjae to his car; a Shiny silver Lexus while swaying his hips.

Hyukjae was stunned for a few seconds, his lips, waved and walked to the drivers side of the car where an already buckled in Donghae awaited.

"Ready?"

"Yup"

And they drove off.

Â

"That was...awkward."

Heechul sat there smirking, eventually getting up to walk to the kitchen laughing to himself.

"Uh...geng if you ever need a spiritual cleansing I'm here." Shisus patted Hangeng's back.

"No thank you Siwon. I know that laugh, he knows something."

"I do too" Yoona came around and grabbed Siwon by the arm. "And we should get going. See ya geng, say goodbye to Heechul for us!"

"Alright"

They left leaving a laughing Heechul and a curious Hangeng.

"Mind to tell me what you know?"

"Donghae's toying with him."

"What?"

"Oh geng. You really should stop hanging out with Shisus too much, you're both always so clueless."

Hangeng sat down on the kitchen chair, pulling Heechul into his lap.

"Behave Chullie." He tapped his nose cutely.

"When do I ever?"

Hangeng gave Heechul a look that could light a match. He shivered.

"Fine. Donghae's trying to tease Hyukjae."

"Ah..." Hangeng caught on. "Care to tease something else?" He wiggled his eyebrows seductively.

"Of course" Heechul sat up accidentally stepping on Hangeng's toe.

"AH SHISUS HEECHUL TAKE THOSE TOE CUTTERS OFF FIRST!"


Chapter 8
The date pt 2


"Sooo..."

Donghae tried to break the awkwardness which was hard given the fact that he was awkward himself.

"um, ya know the movie theater is that way right?" He pointed to the left.

"Really?" Hyukjae smiled.

Donghae jumped up in his seat.

"You don't know where it's at!?" He yelled.

"Actually I do, but I was never planning on taking you to see a movie."

"Then-" Donghae blushed.

"We're going out to dinner. I got us a reservation."

Donghae's blush grew. "But you told Chullie-"

"It was a lie. I know he doesn't like me much and I wanted to see his reaction. I really did have a royal meeting though, but I wore jeans for that."

Donghae bit his lower lip trying to hide his smile as Hyukjae continued driving.

Â

Eventually they made their way to the restaurant. All eyes on them and a few whispers here and there.

"Um...are you sure it's okay for us to be here? There are a lot of people staring."

Hyukjae handed Donghae a menu. "Let them stare. My family comes here all the time. No big deal."

Donghae lifted up the menu and examined the prices. Mumbling to himself he said, "It's a big deal for me"

"Good evening Prince Hyukjae and....guest. I will be your waiter tonight. My name is Ray. May I interest you in some wine?"

Donghae looked up at Hyukjae who nodded. "Red wine please. Serve it now, we'll order in a bit."

"Yes sir." The waiter bowed deeply, one eye closed and the other glaring at Donghae before he walked away to retrieve the wine.

"You drink wine!?" Donghae yelled a bit causing every head in the restaurant to turn towards him. "Ah sorry" he bowed.

Hyukjae laughed. "Of course. Drinking wine is customary for a royal. Even for someone as young as I am."

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed. "How old are you?"

"17."

Donghae smiled brightly at Hyukjae who returned the gesture. But their moment was soon interrupted by the waiter. "Your wine, Prince Hyukjae."

He filled Hyukjae's glass first and then turned to fill Donghae's when his elbow got in the way and spilled a bit of wine onto Donghae's shirt.

"Oh my! I am sincerely sorry. My arm slipped a bit, sir."

Hyukjae frowned at the man as Donghae apologized as well. "It's okay. It will come off with some water if I act now. Excuse me for a bit, Hyukjae."

The waiter smirked at Donghae's retreating form, but it was quickly replaced by a frown when the prince got up to join him in the bathroom.


Â

Â

"Scooch over will ya? Getting kinda chubby there Geng. Too much fried rice maybe? Take pilates with me!"

Heechul poked Hangeng's stomach as said person, scowled.

"You're not too light yourself Chu-"

SLAP!

"Oww"

"These are curves baby."

Hangeng looked at him up and down. "You're a guy. We don't have curv-"

SLAP!

"And girls can't slap that hard!"

Heechul waved his hand. "I'm not some wimpy chick."

Hangeng huffed. "Fine. Why are we hiding in a bathroom anyway? Oh. Ohhh. Bathroom se-"

"Get your grubby hands off of me! We're here because Donghae is here!"

"Uh...you kinda lost me when you said 'no' to . How are they here? Hyukjae clearly said they're going to the movies."

Heechul slapped Hangeng's forehead. "Will you stop that!?"

"What did you learn on your little island!"

"China is a country. And it's 3x the size of Korea."

"Irrelevant opinions. I could smell cologne on Hyukjae, his shirt was neatly ironed and he wasn't sweating. He lied. No way would you dress that professional to be in the dark. That's something you showcase!"

Hangeng leaned against the stall wall. "Out of every restaurant in Korea, they'll be here?"

"Yes! This place costs a fortune! Plus I heard that Hyukjae's family regularly eats here. That's why we snuck in through the bathroom window."

"Yeah when your heel almost poked my eye out."

"At least you got a good view-SHH!" Heechul covered Hangeng's mouth. He moved closer so he could peek through the crack. With one eye open he saw Donghae rubbing at a stain on his shirt, Hyukjae watching intently.

"Ah I'm sorry Donghae, we haven't even been here for 5 minutes and this happens. Is your wrist okay?"

"Eh it's nothing a little detergent can't fix and it's fine. Just a sprain."

"Good, so why don't you come to my house then?"

"Ugh. We might have to, it's sticky."

Donghae ed the bottom half of his shirt, revealing his creamy, milky skin as Hyukjae's eyes wandered down and his thoughts darkened.

Donghae grabbed some tissue, wet it and wiped away at his chest.

"At least wine is good for the skin."

Donghae sighed. "I smell like fruit."

A small moan echoed the room. Eunhae's eyes widened in shock.

"Is anyone in here?"

"Hyukjae, I don't think it's proper to-"

"UNHH"

"So my place?" Hyukjae spoke.

"Yeah let's go."

Â

"Heechul! What was that for?"

"Heh-low, I just helped our Haehae. This date was going nowhere. We need to follow them."

"Following them should be the least of your concerns."

"Why?" Heechul fidgeted. "Geng, this seat is hard." He gasped. "Are you serious!?"

"No one told you to moan."

"I was trying to hel-"

"Well now you can help me with my problem."

"Damn you."

a/n: idk if you guys could tell, but I'm so not inspired to write this xD I'm not good with fluff and humor at all -.-'' I prefer darker themes.


Chapter 9
Afterwards


"So..."

"So...."

The re-appearing awkward silence was killing them both as they sat on Hyukjae's couch.

"The mansion is lovely Hyukjae."

It really was. From the large golden doors, to the plush red sequined carpet laying on top of the cherry wood floor, the photos of Hyukjae's ancestors and one of himself, and the beautiful pale yellow victorian styled walls. It was beautiful.

"Do you have a shirt I can borrow for the time being?"

"What?" hyukjae wiped his mouth, he was drooling over Hae's body. "Oh shirt, yeah. Make yourself at home. I'll-yeah I'll get one." And he damn near flew out the room to cover his problem wanting to take a peek at Hae itself.

Donghae walked to what he assumed to be the kitchen as he looked around.

The house he shared with Yoona was nothing compared to this. His house was very....homey even with all of Yoona's money it was still very simplistic while Hyukjae's house was intricate.

As he searched through the kitchen, he found the cups to be way high behind a clear glassed cupboard, almost as if no one ever drank there.

Reaching up, a pair of smooth arms rubbed against his back, causing instant goosebumps, as it reached up to grab 2 cups.

"You looked like you needed help."

Donghae gasped. "You scared me!"

"How?" Hyukjae smirked. "There's no one here, but us."

"How-how long were you there?"

"Long enough to see you tip-toe"

Donghae blushed. "They were too high." He muttered.

"Yeah well we never eat here."

"You don't?"

Donghae leaned his back against the countertop while Hyukjae observed him. "We practically live in the restaraunt we just visited. My family is there almost everyday."

Soon enough, Hyukjae found himself directly in front of Donghae. "Wh-what are you doing Hyukjae?"

"I was serious about my feelings. I really do like you, Donghae."

"Yeah well that's hard to believe" He whispered to himself.

"What did you say?" Hyukjae leaned forward, inches away from Donghae's thin lips.

He couldn't think as his eyes wandered down to Hyukjae's plump ones.

"I-I. Kiss me." he whispered.

"Gladly"

And he captured Hae's lips instantly reaching to grab the back of his neck, bringing him closer as they kissed, , bit and moaned. Hands exploring various places.

Not able to hear anything except the blood rushing through their bodies, someone entered through the front door and was slowly making their way to the kitchen, opening the door as they saw a half Donghae and a un-zippered Hyukjae, who's belt was dangling.

"HYUKJAE!"

Â

"Siwon are you serious?"

Apparently he was. Yoona and Siwon were meditating for almost half an hour, well he was anyway, as Siwon said 'it's necessary to cleanse the mind of Hee- negativity'. So they sat, legs crossed, and eyes closed (only him, she was checking him out).

Everyone knew (well Donghae did...) how close those two really were. To outsiders, Yoona hated Siwon. But for Hae, he knew bette, how they had been dating for 6 months, but kept it a secret because of Heechul and his big mouth. So he usually teased Yoona about Siwon's handsome looks, even though he wasn't serious about it. It was their inside joke.

"Siwon, I brought you here so we could talk about us."

He stopped, uncrossed his legs and faced her. "What do you mean?"

"You're a Senior, you'll be graduating soon."

"So?"

"SO!" She flailed her arms to show the importance. "What will happen to us?"

"We've been dating for 6 months, we're fine."

She glared at him through teary eyes. "So you don't care that you'll be off to uni and I'll still be here?"

"It wasn't that serious to begin with, it's only been 1/2 a year."

"This is just a fling?"

He sighed, understanding what she meant. "I didn't mean it like that." He pulled her into his arms, her head laying on his shoulder as her tears soaked his short-sleeved shirt.

"You are important to me Yoona. Someday I wish for you to carry my name, and maybe my child."

She blushed, but he couldn't see it since she snuggled closer into him, enjoying his masculine scent.

"I love you Yoona."

She tried to lift her head as she panicked slightly.

I know how hard it is for you to say the same, but I hope that one day you will. I'll wait for you okay?"

She nodded lifting her head up fully to look him in the eyes.

"Okay Wonnie." And kissed him passionately, hoping to show him how much he meant to her.
Â

a/n: i can't write anything lovey dovey for my life. I was giggling and blushing the entire time. >///<


Chapter 10
Shock


"HYUKJAE! DONGHAE! I am quite shocked."

The unexpected guess was none other than.....Heechul.

"This isn't what it looks like." Hyuk tried to explain, but Heechul laughed.

"Yeah right. GENG YOU CAN COME IN!"

Hyukjae walked forward, but realized his pants were unbuckled so he turned towards a blushing Hae and zipped them, his cheeks red too.

Heechul on the other hand sat on the couch as a deflated, unsatisfied Hangeng entered a few seconds later.

"Guess who else was about to get busy?"

Hangeng cocked an eyebrow towards the 2 guilty souls.

Hyukjae was shell-shocked. "How are you even in my house?"

Heechul checked his fingernails. "Easy. I told your maid that we were great friends. She let me in easily."

Hyukjae facepalmed.

"Why are you here Chullie? We were on a date" Donghae pouted.

"Geng go make some popcorn" Hangeng sighed.

Heechul turned towards Hyukjae, fire in his eyes. "He was trying to taint my baby so I had to rescue you."

Donghae coughed.

"See just being near his monkey hormones is making you sick, come here my haehae." he said with arms opened wide.

Donghae looked at Hyukjae and slightly smiled as he made his way into Chullie's arms.

As they snuggled on the couch, Hyuk pouted and sat down on the kitchen chair.

"Jealous eh?"

Hangeng cocked his head towards a snuggling ChulHae.

"You get used to it after a while. It's nothing more than motherly love. It just increased because of you know, Donghae's situation."

Hyukjae was nodding absentmindly as he listened to the kernals in the microwavable bag popping until he heard that last sentence.

"W-what!?" He yelled as ChulHae stared at him. He smiled and responded, "Eh nothing. The popcorn isn't ready yet, ya know 1 1/2 minutes should be 2." He got up and pressed random buttons on the microwave as they looked away.

"Donghae's situation. You're trying to date him yet you know nothing."

"I know he's handsome." Hyukjae said sheepishly while grinning.

Hangeng smacked his head. "OUCH!"

"Idiot. His family disowned him for being gay."

Hyukjae turned his body in the chair towards Heechul tickling a laughing Hae.

"You just never would have thought that way because look at the boy, he oozes innocence. But he's always been that way. Always laughing and smiling and I guess that's what attracts everyone to him."

Hyukjae stared at Donghae dreamily as his thoughts turned from Hae crying on a rainy day to him in a black latex dress dancing. But Hangeng smacked the back of his head again, disrupting his thoughts.

"What was that for!?" He rubbed the back of his head.

"You were thinking dirty weren't you!?" Hangeng picked up a knife and started cursing in mandarin when Heechul and Donghae rushed in.

"It's okay shhh it's okay" He cooed towards his lover, taking the knife out of his hand and pulling him into the living room.

Hyukjae stared at them in shock and stood silent as they left.

"I-I can't believe he tried to kill me with my own cutlery."

Donghae rubbed his back soothingly. "Well, I guess Heechul's rubbed off on him." He shrugged.

"What was he saying anyway?"

Donghae chuckled. "Something about how he never ate monkey before, but that he's willing to try new things."

Hyukjae paled. "I don't feel so safe anymore."

Donghae hugged him. "Aish you'll be fine. You're with me!"

"Easy for you to say, they like you! He tried to kill me in my own house!"

Donghae looked down shyly. "So um...does that mean we're together now?" He played with his fingers.

"No" Hyukjae said bluntly.

Donghae gasped as tears filled his eyes. "HAN-" Hyukjae covered his mouth.

"I was joking!"

Donghae huffed and looked away.

"Will you be my boyfriend Lee Donghae?"

Donghae pouted. Hyukjae kissed his pout. "Hmm? HAN-" and Donghae kissed him back.

"So I guess that makes us a couple."

"Eunhae couple~"

"You mean Hyukhae, baby~"

"Is something burning!?" Heechul yelled.

Eunhae looked at each other before Hyuk's eyes widened. "THE POPCORN!"

a/n: The fluff *.* gomen if it's not good, I'm not that great when it comes to fluff :(


Chapter 11
Waiting


"YOU TWO! TIME OUT!"Â

Heechul was furious! They burned 2 bags of popcorn. The first one they were flirting too damn much and then the second one because they were making out and could only hear their moans.Â

"Chulli-"

"Don't you Chullie me CHINESE MAN!"Â

Hangeng sat back down on the love seat, feeling dejected.

"But hyung-"

"You neither Donghae! Food. My precious food! What kind of movie involves sitting there and watching it? I need popcorn, what part of 1 1/2 minutes don't you understand? 10 minutes REALLY? Are your mouths glued to each other? Do you even need oxygen anymore?"

Eunhae sat down on the couch as Heechul yelled at them. "We're sorry" They said.Â

"Sorry? Sorry you will be when you cook me dinner! Forget popcorn, I'm starving. I want kimchi fried rice now."

"But hyung, doesn't Hangeng hyung usually make it?"

"I DON'T CARE. GET IN THE KITCHEN AND IF YOU DON'T I WILL SHIP DONGHAE TO CHINA MONKEY BOY!"

Donghae gasped and pouted. "I don't like Chinese food." Once again being the cheesy couple that they are, Hyukjae kissed his pout. "It's okay, I'll take you to Japan then. Don't ya love ramen?"Â

"Yeah I do" he blushed. "And then I'll feed you~"

"You can feed me in another way~"

"YAHHHHHHHHH!"

The couple yelped when their heads hit each other from fright.

"Oww"

"You'll get more than that. Stop ruining my appetite and go make me some fried rice! If it doesn't taste good you'll pay monkey boy."

"What? Why do I have to pay?"

"One, you're rich. And two, Donghae's cuter and he can do aegyo unlike you, which makes me barf."

Donghae kissed his cheek. "Thankyu Chullie~"

He pulled a saddened monkey along with him.

Â

"I would've made you some fried rice."

"I know, but it's so they can get to know each other better."

"What? But I thought-"

"Don't think dear, your plans are never as good as mine."

"I know a way to make you speechless though."

Heechul slapped Hangeng's sneaky hands away. "Not when my haehae is here."

He got closer and whispered "Later on though~"

Â

"So..."

"So..."

They looked at each other.Â

"Hyukjae-"

"Donghae-"

They said at the same time.

"Um..you go first Donghae."

"If you want me to make it I can."

Hyukjae stared at him curiously.

"I know how to make kimchi fried rice. That's what happens when you don't live with your parents."

"Where do you live then?"

"With Yoona in a beautiful house."

Hyukjae's eyes wandered to the fridge. "So now you can teach me how to make it?" He said in order to distract himself from revealing his jealousy.

"Sure~ First we need to chop up the kimchi into smaller bite size pieces. Oh um-" Donghae scanned his surroundings. "-I kinda forgot this isn't my house and my wrist." He smiled feeling a bit awkward and waving his bandage wrist around.

"It's okay, it will be yours-" Hyukjae paused biting his tongue. "-to search freely for some kimchi." He opened the fridge, searching through it. "Ah here it is! I'll just sit down and watch" He handed him the kimchi before rushing to sit down, a faint blush coating his cheeks.

Â

Meanwhile, Hanchul was listening in on their conversation.

"I can't hear anything Geng!"

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"NO! If they aren't -maybe Hyuk isn't doing it right. You should teach him."

Hangeng's face burned up. "No thanks"

"Why not!?" He whispered a bit heated.

"I'm not teaching another guy about g-gay ."

"You idiot. I meant teach him how to swoon Donhgae." Heechul said emotionless.

"Oh...well let's see how good this Prince is first."
Â


Chapter 12
Dust


"And then you wait till it gets golden brown on the outside and there ya have it! kimchi fried rice. Luckily its my left wrist and not my right. So I can still cook."

Hyukjae grabbed a fork quickly, his mouth watering and dug right into it.

"Wait it has to cool first-"

"UGH!" he dropped the fork quickly as Hanchul ran in.

"What's going on here!"

Donghae who was trying to cool down Hyuk's heated mouth took the time to take in their appearance. Their clothes disheveled, hair a mess, and they both were sporting swollen lips.

"Really Chullie. You ask what's going on here? Seems like you were pretty busy." he smirked.

"Enough about us. What's with the flaming monkey?" Heechul quietly tried to fix himself.

"He ate some rice as soon as it was finished."

"What!?" He yelled and everyone jumped up. "Geng, take Hyukjae out and teach him a few things. No way is my beloved dongsaeng dating an idiot without patience."

"Where did you get that he was an idiot?-" Donghae scratched his head.

"-I'll stay with Hae and teach him what I can. Let's hope it's not too late."

Heechul grabbed a pouting monkey and sent him out the door, pushing Hangeng with him. "Love ya Geng~ Take care!"

He closed the door behind him, right in Hyuk's face and stared evily at Donghae. "Shall we begin?"

Â

"Gweat now my nose ish hurt and my tongue." Hyuk said rubbing his nose.

"Aww, we were getting to the good part!" He turned towards Hyukjae with fire in his eyes. "Let me tell you one thing and one thing alone-"

"You thust said two."

"-Silence monkey!" He circled around him like a hawk. "I will teach you the ways of love and if you don't understand tell me, but either way listen carefully because men like Donghae and Heechul are VERY hard to come by, let alone date. Do you hear me monkey!?"

"Yes, but you thust told me to be-"

"SILENCE! Now onward to the park!" Hangeng pointed while walking dramatically like a soldier off to war.

Hyukjae followed behind like a puppy with it's tail between it's legs.

Â

"Look in the mirror from every angle. Even if you have to snap your neck to see. We must be flawless and beautiful."

At the moment, Heechul and Donghae were checking their looks. It was Beauty 101.

"We must be more beautiful than women. There isn't a large percentage of gay people out there ya know. If we look our best though, we can weed them out, or at least find who's trapped in the closet. But let's be serious, it's us, we're always beautiful."

Donghae watched as Heechul checked himself out in the mirror, cooing at his own reflection.

The doorbell rang and he looked at Heechul to see if it gained any reaction. It didn't. Sighing, he got up and opened the door to find Jessica, Princess of Aries, staring right at him with a disgusted look on her face.

a/n: I'm amazed I even wrote this much. Gomen guys I've been so tired lazy but heyyy cliffhannnger.


Chapter 13
Liar


"What are you doing here? Where's Hyukkie?" Jessica looked at Donghae with a disgusted look on his face and swiveled her head to try and look inside as she stood with her arms crossed.

Heechul hearing the commotion, sprung forward and gently pushed Donghae aside.

Smirking he asked, "What are YOU doing here? I don't believe this is a place for trash."

She gasped, "I'll have you known that I am a Princess, THE Princess of Aries, the country of War."

Heechul laughed. "Pfft. Princess of Ugly. State your reason for coming here."

"Hyukkie is my boyfriend, why wouldn't I be here?"

Donghae's eyes widened and he spoke softly. "B-boyfriend?"

"Yes boyfriend. Did I stutter?"

Heechul glared at her. "No, but if you keep talking like that you'll leave here stuttering."

She flipped her hair dramatically. "Anyway, we've been dating for 6 months with the intention to get married. I just came here to drop off his shirt since he left it last night, not like it's any of your business."

Donghae looked at Heechul frantically, as Heechul bent down to whisper in his ear, "Calm down it might not be what it seems."

He snatched the shirt from her hands and said "Thank you, I'll make sure he gets it." And closed the door in her face.

When he turned around he saw Donghae breathing heavily as if he were about to have a panic attack. Running to him, he grabbed his shoulders and spoke calmly to him, "Breathe in and out. Easy there." And pulled him to sit on the couch.

"B-but w-what i-if he-he's u-using m-me?" He hiccuped.

Heechul crossed his legs and was deep in thought, his eyebrows furrowing. "I don't think he would. Forget it, unless it comes out of his own mouth, forget what she said. She's probably just trying to get under your skin. Everyone knows that would do anything to get what she wants."

Donghae sighed and glanced at the shirt. It was a blue v-neck, and as he looked closer he could see the slightest tinge of pink around the collar. Biting his lip he forced himself to look away. Heechul was right, he always was. Unless Hyukjae said so himself, he couldn't believe the blonde girl's words.

Â

Hyukjae looked at his watch. Hangeng had been going on and on about the 57 different ways to swoon someone, and he couldn't wait to see Donghae again.

"Hangeng hyung?"

"-And then you grab them and pull them into your arms and-" Hangeng was demonstrating using a fallen branch he found on the ground.

"Hyung? Can we go now?"

"-kiss them, then walk away." He threw the branch down. "It always works and they'll come running into your arms."

"Yes, yes I understand, but we've been here for an hour, I want to see Donghae, and you're only up to number 28."

Hangeng huffed. "It's not my fault that I had to demonstrate! You were confused about the very first one!"

"Yeah the first one! Not all of them! Let's head back already, please?" He used Donghae's infamous puppy dog eyes, to which had Hangeng wincing.

"Oh god. Fine! Just stop, please! Only Hae can use that. You make me feel as if I'm watching someone get tortured." They both chuckled and began walking towards Hyukjae's house.

"But really hyung? Number 11 is to buy him flowers and leave them somewhere random?"

"Yup. Works every time. Well except that one time I left it at Heechul's workplace. I didn't know where his office was, so I left is somewhere that looked gay enough to be his."

"And?"

"It wasn't." He deadpanned. "It was some other guy's office and Heechul made me take him out to dinner everyday for a week! My poor wallet was never the same."

"Ooh." Hyukjae laughed.

As they grew closer to his house, Hyuk could barely make out the body of a female, and when they peered closer, he saw it was Jessica. She looked angry about something and so did Heechul who was standing at the door. He frowned, but when he saw Heechul slam the door in her face he laughed. Up until she saw them and practically skipped her way over to them.

Â

"Chullie I'm going to go see what's taking them so long, I have to leave soon. Watch the rice and don't eat any"

"I'll watch it enter my mouth!"

"Chullie!!" He whined.

"Alright, alright."

"Thanks!"

Â

"Hyukkie!" She caught up to them and wrapped her arms around Hyukjae's neck. Hangeng backed away slowly.

"I dropped off your shirt, how come you didn't call?"

Hyukjae gently pulled her claws arms off of him. "I like Donghae, we've talked about this before."

"Really?" She put her hands on her hip. "You weren't talking about him last night."

Angry, he put his hand over . "SHH! Last night was a mistake, I was drunk and really I don't remember what happened. All I remember is waking up."

She crossed her arms. "How many times do I have to tell you? You were a beast last night. We almost woke up the whole neighborhood."

"I-"

Someone gasped. When they turned to see the culprit, it was Donghae, his eyes watery with tears already falling.

"D-donghae, it's not what you-"

"I told you we've been dating. No matter what you do, he'll always be in my bed."

"NO! Donghae please, it's my parents, I-" He tried to walk towards Donghae, but Jessica was quick to grab him, and before any of them could react, kissed him on the mouth and moaned.

Hangeng ripped them apart, throwing Hyukjae to the ground. By then Donghae was long gone, having ran away as soon as Jessica did that.

"Are you serious!?" he roared. Heechul who heard it, ran outside just in time to see Hangeng punch Hyukjae on the mouth.

"What the hell!"

"He used our Donghae! Him along with that !!"

Heechul ran forward and slapped Jessica. Her glare hardened as she screamed, "You'll pay for this!!!" and ran off to the awaiting limousine.

Heechul grabbed Hangeng's arm which was cocked back to deliver another blow to the newly bleeding Prince's face.

"Geng no. Let's go."

"Chullie he-" Hangeng was furious"-our baby!""

Heechul sighed and kissed Hangeng on the forehead. "I know but things aren't always as they appear and right now haehae needs us more."

And so they left leaving Hyukjae to clean up his own mess.

Â


Chapter 14
Enough


"Donghae? Hae? Sweetie? Will you please come out of your room?"

Donghae had been locked inside of his room for 2 days, only leaving when he thought the coast was clear. Yoona had kindly allowed the Hanchul couple to persuade him, hoping that they could get him out. Hyukjae hadn't visited since the incident.

"Hae?-"

"Chullie, I think we should give him some space."

Hangeng walked up to Heechul who was leaning against the door hoping to hear that life existed within the 4 walls. He rubbed his shoulders to calm him down.

"-I know, but he can't stay in there forever!" Heechul stared at the door and said a little louder, almost yelling. "It's 9am. You can't stay in there forever Lee Donghae! Tomorrow we have school and I'm not leaving until you do!!"

Hangeng sighed and pulled Heechul to follow him to the kitchen where Yoona was preparing some coffee.

She put a cup down for the both of them. "Any luck?"

"None. And that damn prince still hasn't visited." Hangeng sipped some of his coffee.

Yoona looked out the window she was standing by. "Maybe he doesn't think he has a right. Siwon has been telling me how he's been silent, not saying a word while that Jessica yaps away."

Heechul who had been quiet for a few minutes, slammed his fist down on the table causing Yoona to yelp and Hangeng to jump up a bit. "He doesn't have a right. If he really cared about Donghae, he would've been begging outside your door to see him. I know that this is all that 's fault, but still, he should be here!"

Yoona stood silent, as much as they were family, she hadn't been there so it wasn't really her place to talk.

"We have to get him out of there, Geng. Even if he doesn't want to go to school. He needs fresh air and to be surrounded by people who love him, he needs support and he ain't getting any stuck in that room-"

THUMP!

Yoona turned her head to look at them. "Did you just hear that?"

"DONGHAE!" They all yelled and raced forward.

Â

"So like we should buy me a new dress, new shoes, ooh I need a skirt for the party and a matching shirt-"

Hyukjae just nodded his head along as he walked lifelessly to sit down at the royal lunch table.

"-and I need to go to the salon, get a manicure and a pedicure, ooh the spa as well! About time I get some relaxtion after- Hyukkie are you listening!?"

He continued nodding his head which was drooping to lay on his crossed arms.

"HYUKKIE!"

He shot up. "What!?"

She pouted. "You weren't paying attention sweetie."

"Yes I was." He huffed. "I'm just...tired."

"Tired my " She mumbled.

"What?"

She stood up, eyes full of anger. "Ever since that dongwhore left, you've been acting as if someone died! You're mine Hyukjae. Don't you get that!?"

"I am not yours and he's not a . Don't call me Hyukkie! This is all your damn fault! I don't even want to be here but you just had to force your parents to enforce this ing marriage on me! I like him! Is that bad? I don't care if it is. You can love and hold and pet me all you want, but that's it. I'm a pet for you, but I will never be your lover."

He stood up. "And how many damn clothes could 1 person need!" And left.

She gasped and clenched her teeth. "This means war Lee Donghae."

a/n: SORRY SORRY SORRY! For the short update and for taking over a week to do so >_< It's just been a very long week for me (sorry for lying about updating ;__;)


Chapter 15
Innocence


"DONGHAE!" They all yelled as they pushed through the door at the same time.

"Move it!"

"You're in my way!"

"Haehae!"

Donghae peeked from underneath the blankets he was currently trapped underneath. "Guys?"

Heechul sprung forward first, causing Hangeng and Yoona to fall face first.

"HAEHAE!" He crouched down to kiss the little bit of forehead that was shown beneath the blankets. "My baby are you okay?"

"Ehem" Hangeng cleared his throat. "It looks like he fell off the bed, maybe we should pick him up first chullie."

Heechul gasped and grabbed what he could of Donghae as Hangeng grabbed the other side. They worked together to pull the blue nemo blanket off of him.

"Thanks guys. I was going to open the door cause I felt a lot better, but then I kinda slipped on the floor and spun around in my blanket before I fell." Donghae rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm sorry Chullie~" He pouted using his cuteness to his advantage.

"YOU-" He smacked Donghae on the back of his head. "OUCH! Whyyyy~?"

"-moron. I was-" He looked at Yoona and Hangeng who gave him looks that it wasn't just him. "-okay WE were worried about you. Why did you lock yourself up in here?"

"Ah well....about that...."

Heechul stood with his hands on his hips. "Well?"

"I had the stomach virus and I didn't want you guys to get sick. It must've been all that seafood I ate the other day."

Everyone's face dropped when they heard the reason.

"Are you kidding me!?" Heechul smacked his head some more before Hangeng had to pull him away citing possible brain damage.

"For once I agree with Heechul. How could you be so stupid!? We were worried sick! We thought you were trying to kill yourself!"

"WHAT!? I just didn't want you guys to catch it! I read online that it's contagious." He pouted.

Heechul pushed Yoona aside. "HEY!" "Whatever" "So it's not about-"  The bell rang.

"I got it!" Yoona said happily. She ran downstairs and opened the door to find Hyukjae with a dozen white roses in his hand.

"Hi?" He smiled nervously. Yoona yanked the flowers from his hand and slammed the door in his face.

"Chullie, it's for you!"

Â

Hyukjae sat on the couch uncomfortably as Yoona and Hanchul circled around him like vultures.

"Mind telling me why you're here." Heechul said.

"I-"

"OH looky here. He's here to see Donghae. Well no one can do, so why don't you walk right through that door."

"But I-"

Yoona laughed. "I guess he is Heechul. Shall we remove him forcibly?"

"I just-"

"I guess so Yooni."

"It's YoonA."

"Irrelevant"

Hyukjae annoyed by their consistent interruptions yelled, "CAN I SPEAK FIRST!?" When they both glared at him while scowling he shrinked into the couch. "Nevermind" he said with a low voice.

"YOONA! HEECHUL!" They looked up to see Donghae leaning over the handrail. "Come upstairs while I talk to Hyukjae, Hangeng go with them please."

"But Haehae-"

"No buts Heechul. You heard him, he wants us all to go up." Hangeng finally spoke, holding Heechul's hand he led them all upstairs as Donghae walked down in his nemo pajamas.

"But-" He stared directly at Hyukjae who shivered a bit. "-if you hurt my son one more time, I'll break your entire body...like a toothpick."

Hyukjae gulped as they left. "You sure have a crazy family." He looked back at the staircase to make sure they weren't watching and when he didn't see anyone he let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding.

Donghae sat on the couch leaving a whole cushion space between them as he pulled his knees up to his chest. He laid his head upon his knees and observed Hyukjae, waiting for him to say something.

Too bad at the moment, Hyukjae was transfixed by Donghae's beauty and his innocence that radiated off of him like steam in a hot shower.

"-hyuk"

"-jae"

"HYUKJAE!"

He jumped up a bit startling Donghae. "I called you 3 times. Are you okay?"

"Um yeah" He shifted to put one leg over the other. While he glanced at Donghae he noticed a few buttons were...ed and the smallest sliver of his chest was showing and damn was it smooth and milky.

"I uh, I should be asking you though after what happened."

"Thank you for the flowers."

"No problem" Hyukjae said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Does it hurt?" Donghae asked.

"Uh-w-what?"

Donghae crawled over to Hyukjae, reaching to touch his lip which was bruised from where Hangeng had used the power of Hadouken on his face.

Hyukjae turned and realized how close he was to Donghae and of course, how far down his Nemo pajamas he could see, which he could almost see his s. Gulping harshly he changed the subject.

"Yeah it's fine, but are you still mad at me?"

Donghae went back to his previous state of cuddling his knees. "A bit."

"You never gave me the chance to explain though."

He his bottom lip and bit it slightly while Hyukjae groaned. "What?"

"What?"

"Did you say something?"

"OH YEAH!" Hyukjae exclaimed a bit too loudly. "You never gave me the chance to explain."

"Go ahead then. Better make it convincing. Siwon takes tae-kwon-do"

Hyukjae merely blinked.

"I was angry at how I treated you the other day. My feeling are real believe me, but I got drunk, drunk as in I out completely and had no idea what happened. When I woke up the next morning, she was next to me... and I was too."

Donghae sniffled.

"But I don't remember anything! I don't even know if it really happened!"

"Idiot"

Hyukjae stared at him in confusion. "I know I am and I would like to ask for your forgiveness and hopes that you'd allow me to take you out on another date-OOF!"

Donghae jumped ontop of Hyukjae hugging him tightly. "I forgive you. But if you ever do that again I will personally watch as Siwon and Hangeng drop kick you from your throne."

Hyukjae hugged him tightly. "Which I hope no one will cause that to happen. My lip really hurts. Care to cure it~?"

Donghae slapped his chest lightly before he locked his lips with his prince.

a/n: All is well that ends well....up until more drama comes. Nothing dramatic peeps but ya know. Hyuk is a Prince and Hae is a Pauper. You never watched Barbie??? :O


Chapter 16
Patches


"So he explained and apologized, I accepted and bam! We're together again!"

Currently sitting on the couch was a twitching Heechul, an indifferent Hangeng, a clueless Siwon and a glaring Yoona. While Donghae stood holding Hyukjae's hand while Hyukjae was sweating and slightly shaking from fear.

"Um...I'm still confused as to what happened entirely and why my girlfriend looks as if she wants to murder someone, but okay. As long as your hap-OOF!"

Yoona elbowed Siwon in the stomach. "-py" He fell clutching his stomach.

Hyukjae tried to pull away from Donghae who had a death grip on his hand.

Heechul stepped over Siwon and stopped directly in front of Hyukjae.

"Fine. You can date my dongsaeng again. But I swear this time if you do anything at all to hurt him or make him cry, I'll be taking him out of the country for good. I always wanted to visit Paris."

"WHAT!?" Donghae frantically looked at Hyukjae before looking at Hangeng who's expression seemed almost mannequin-like.

"But right now Haehae, excuse us because I need to talk to this LOVELY person for a few minutes."

As Heechul dragged Hyukjae upstairs, he looked at Donghae with eyes full of terror. Too bad his boyfriend was laughing at Siwon's pain. He gulped, thinking this so-called family was insane.

Â

Â

When they reached the bedroom, Heechul flung Hyukjae's body like a rag doll onto the bed.

"Talk"

"W-what?"

"Talk. I'm giving you 2 minutes to tell me why you think you're good enough for Donghae"

Hyukjae's face lit up.

"And a good reason is not because you're a Prince." Heechul crossed his arms.

Hyukjae's face darkened.

"Honestly I can't think of any reasons-"

"I think we're done here. Goodnight Hyukjae."

Heechul uncrossed his arms, sighed and got up to leave.

"-because he's better than me."

Heechul turned and sat back down on the bed.

"He's better than me in so many ways that even if I could list my being a Prince as a good reason, it still wouldn't be good enough. He's perfect and I know I'm not good enough, but Donghae should be able to cross out my flaws."

"Okay."

Hyukjae breathed in deeply and then breathed out. Even if it was just an 'okay' it meant that Heechul liked his answer, thus he could go out with Donghae again.

"Go ahead and call Hangeng up here."

"Um- okay?"

Hyukjae rushed down the stairs happily, latching himself onto Donghae and spinning him around before remembering what Heechul told him to do.

"Um...Hangeng?"

"Yeah"

"Heechul told me to tell you to go up there. I'm not really sure what, but-"

Hangeng shot up off the couch and ran upstairs. Everyone stood silent, looking at each other for a few minutes before loud moans filled the house.

"And I guess that's our cue to re-do our 1st date, what do you say Donghae?"

"Donghae?"

Hyukjae looked down at Donghae who was blushing.

"What's wrong?" He caressed his cheeks gently.

"Call me hae~"

"Hae?"

Donghae blushed more. "And I want to call you Hyukkie~"

Hyukjae shivered slightly. When Jessica said it, it made his skin crawl. But hearing it from someone he liked greatly, sent blood rushing throughout his body.

"We should get going Hae"

"AH HANNIE~!"

He intertwined his fingers with Donghae and led them out the house, Yoona helping a limping Siwon to escape as well.

"I hope you two enjoy your date"

"Yoona what about Wonnie?"

"Ah him?" She poked him in the stomach while he groaned. "He'll be fine. Nothing my horse couldn't handle."

"Oh alright. Bye!"

Â

"That's one way to get things moving Chullie."

The Hanchul couple sat on the bed, fully clothed.

"They take too long and I kinda am ."

"For you my dear, always."

"AH! AH! HANNIE~!"


Chapter 17
Parents


"Why are we walking underneath the cherry blossoms?"

"You don't like it Hae?"

"Well..." Donghae's cheeks turned pink. "I like it, but something's missi-"

Hyukjae grabbed onto his hand, intertwining their fingers. "Is it safe to say it's found?" Donghae kissed his cheek.

"Come on Hae, let's sit on one of the benches."

As they sat down, Hyukjae realized how far Donghae sat from him, other than the fact that his arm was outstretched towards Donghae's body.

"Hae."

"Hmm?"

"You're too far and as much as I'd love to give you space, my arm hurts like this."

Donghae quickly dropped Hyukjae's hand and slid across the bench to sit closer.

"I'm just nervous"

"About what?"

Donghae turned to face Hyukjae, looking him deeply in the eyes. "That things will go wrong again."

"Well stop thinking that way. I promised to make up for it, didn't I? And I will."

"Yeah, but-"

"Don't think, just do"

Hyukjae moved in closer, his eyes directly watching Donghae's mouth, as Donghae did the same to Hyukjae.

They were an inch apart and could feel the other breathing heavily on their lips when the phone rang startling them.

Donghae jumped back, falling into some blossom petals.

Hyukjae looked at him sorrowfully and said "I have to take this".

He walked a bit away from Donghae who pouted at the possible bruise forming on his and who could be that important that his own boyfriend would abandon him for; several minutes passed before Hyukjae returned.

"We have to go."

"We?"

"Yeah that was a call from my-"

Hyukjae had to think twice about what he was going to say. If he were honest, more than likely Donghae wouldn't go with him. If he lied, he'd feel like crap later on, but he needed them to meet the one he planned to marry in the future, not Jessica.

"-butler. Yeah he says I'm needed to organize somethings. Let's go so you can see my mansion again."

"Sure!"

Â

"WOO! How many rounds was that?"

"5 Hannie, before we could do 14. Are you getting too old?"

"For you baby never. I'm just getting started."

"UNF HANNIE~!"

Â

"Do you think it's safe to return Yoona? You have more movies than me."

"Nope. Pass the popcorn, Wonnie. Don't ever think about returning today."

Â

Hyukjae and Donghae had finally made it to Hyuk's mansion.

"IT'S FREAKING HUGE! This is your garden!? It's like having a mini forest in front of your house."

"Let's continue."

Hyukjae linked his arm with Donghae, holding him as if he were a Princess, as Donghae fangirled over everything they walked past.

"Prince Hyukjae, The King and Queen have awaited your presense. Shall we move forward?"

"Yes. I take it you know how to address my boyfriend right?"

The butler coughed. "Yes, Prince Hyukjae. Right this way."

He led them to a gigantic sized gold door with intricate detailings and opened the door as if it weren't made of steel and rather feathers.

"His royal highness, Prince Lee Hyukjae, and his boyfriend, Lee Donghae."

Donghae bowed then realized what was happening and looked up to see the very angry faces of Hyukjae's parents.


Chapter 18
Disaster pt 1


"Who is this Hyukjae?"

His mother stepped down from her royal chair, face void of emotion. She observed Donghae carefully, looking him up and down before her nose wrinkled in disgust and then giggling.

"Oh my! A new butler! He's so cute. This one will do well to please our Hyukjae, won't he Eric?"

The King stared Donghae straight in the eye, before looking at Hyukjae who had an abnormal nervous posture.

"I don't think he was joking Hyuna. Look at Hyukjae. Do you think our son has ever been so...nervous?"

Queen Hyuna looked at her husband then at her son whose eyes were slightly wide and down his body to where she saw his hand reaching out for...Donghae.

She looked back at her husband who frowned.

"What is this Hyukjae?"

She walked quickly towards her son. Her dark ruby gown flowing behind her as she ripped the boy away from her son and stood with her back facing him as she yelled at Hyukjae.

"What is the meaning of this!? You dare bring this...trash into our home? This is not a shelter. We are royals who stick with royals. You're a prince!"

She called for her butler who kneeled before her, a dark ruby cushion with a crown adorned with silver diamonds on top of it.

"My lady~"

She grabbed the crown gently and placed it onto Hyukjae's head. She stepped backwards, enough for Donghae and Hyukjae to see each other. As if she were holding the mirror between them, they looked at one another. One was amazed and the other humiliated.

Hyukjae relished in Donghae's beauty and fell head over heels again. The words his mother spoke quickly vanished from his mind. All he could see was the glow that surrounded Donghae. As if he were followed by God's light with every step and breath he took.

Donghae on the other hand, cried internally. He felt horrible. Looking at Hyukjae brought back fears he pushed aside after the whole Jessica incident. Hyukjae was....royal and flawless. His dark brown hair contrasted with the silver crown he wore, but it was all kept together by the beaming gummy smile he wore and those rich chocolate brown eyes that held his reflection. And in his reflection he saw how he truly looked, like trash. He couldn't even begin to compare himself to Hyukjae for he would fall short a couple hundred adjectives and stutter with syllables as he lost words looking at him.

Hyukjae's mother observed them both and could see the very different expressions they wore. Hyukjae was pleased and smiling while Donghae's was of turmoil. Hook, line and sink.

But it wouldn't be that easy. She knew her son. She knew he would fight to the grit against her and her husband. He would even relinqish his place as prince and all for that mangy mutt.

"So Donghae, welcome to the family".

a\n: Short yes. Been a looooooong time, yes. But I promise there will be a pt 2. I just like cliffhangers but I never write much :| #failureatlife


Chapter 19
Strike pt 2


The Lee family and Donghae all sat at the dinner table. Hyuk's mother having politely ask him to join them.

"So Donghae, when will we be able to meet the people who created my son's boyfriend?"

Hyuna scowled and bit her lip quietly hoping not to be seen when she said that word, since it left a bitter taste on her tongue.

"Um...actually..."

"He's an orphan, mother."

Hyukjae held onto Donghae's left hand as he felt him squeeze it tightly.

"An orphan? I see."

Hyuna looked at her husband and smirked. It was just too easy.

"So you're telling me that this lovely boy has no parents? It's fine. We all have our own hardships that separate us from one another. I mean, yours is exceptionally big, but Hyukjae still loves you...right?"

She bit into the piece of steak she had just cut and looked her son dead in the eye.

"Well?"

Donghae took a sip of his water and coughed. "I-I don't think that was wa-water"

"It was wine my dear. Is something wrong?"

"Mother! He's not much of a drinker. You should've warned us."

She laughed. "He has no parents. He's not a drinker. He's poor. What does he have?"

Donghae drank the entire glass. "More please"

"Good"

"Hyuna please!" Hyukjae's father yelled. She looked at him and closed .

Everyone began to eat their dinner. It was an awkward, deathly silence. Hyuna's mind was churning with ideas.

"Donghae, please join us for the ball next Friday."

Hyukjae's eyes widened. "But moth-"

"Silence. It's Donghae's choice after all. Won't you please join us?"

"This Friday I actually have plans. I'm really sorr-"

She took a sip of her wine and slammed the glass down on the table. "It's Hyukjae's birthday. Or did you not know? Or are you the rowdy type? I see that brace on your arm. Seems you recently sprained your wrist. I'm guessing, given your nature it's gang related?"

"Mother that's enough! We're leaving."

Â

Hyukjae grabbed Donghae's good hand and led them outside.

"I'm sorry you had to endure that. You-you don't have to go ya know. I know every Friday you and Yoona have your movie night. It's perfectly okay."

Donghae kissed Hyukjae on the cheek. "I'm disappointed you didn't bother telling me, but I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Â

Still sitting at the dinner table were Hyukjae's parents, Eric and Hyuna.

"Hyuna are you satisfied!? We haven't had a single dinner with our son in months! If he's happy with a...person of the same gender, then so be it."

"That's the point, Eric. He's not happy, he just needed something to get away from Jessica. Perhaps he needs another bride?"

"This will blow up in your face. All because you only ever see yourself."

"It already has. Isn't another bride the reason we're getting a divorce? Cause your little fella downstairs only ever saw it's own needs. It takes two to tango, but three's more than company. Try telling Hyuk that when your second child is born."

She stood up, throwing her napkin on the table and walked away. Her heels clicking and echoing throughout the large dining room.


Chapter 20
Balance


Rated for some really vulguar language towards the end. I apologize if it offends someone, but please try not to take it to heart. This is merely a story.

"Gah I look stupid Yoona!" Donghae sighed.

"No you look beautiful. Now keep still!"

She put eyeliner on his eyes while he scowled and pouted.

"There all done."

She gave him a handheld mirror. "Oh my god, you look so handsome! If I weren't dating Siwon, I'd be all over you. Thank goodness you finally let me take you to the salon. That dark red hair is doing wonderous things for you."

Donghae grabbed the mirror and inspected himself. Yoona was right. He was drop-dead, cheat on your boyfriend or girlfriend, gorgeous. Try as hard as they might, no way was Hyukjae EVER going to leave his side tonight.

"I'm so nervous though Yoona."

"Don't be." She said, cleaning up all of the makeup and whatnot to put them back in their proper places.

"But his parents, they hate me. They absolutely hate me and I know his mother is planning something for today. I can feel it. The way his mother was glaring at me the other day, I'd swear in her mind, I was chopped up into bits and 6 feet under dead."

"Just ignore her okay? Today is Hyukjae's birthday. All he wants is you. Now stop getting all teary eyed. You're messing up my makeup!!"

He crossed his arms, pouting heavier this time. "And no slouching either!"

DING DONG!

"I'm guessing that's your man."

Donghae shot up out of his seat. "Oh my god. Oh my god. How do I look? Oh my god. What if he's so handsome and I look frumpy compared to him. Wait. He's a prince, of course I look worse! What do I-"

Yoona gently smacked him on the cheek. "Get it together. Be confident or some other is gonna steal him away. Go downstairs and go to that party arm-in-arm with him and your head held high. Do you hear me?"

"yes" he whispered.

"I said, DO YOU HEAR ME!?"

"YES YOONA SIR!"

"Good. Get going and I hope you have a lovely time." She gave him a comforting hug and let him go about.

"That kid better not mess up...and did he call me 'sir'?"

Â

Donghae opened the door quickly and his eyes immediately caught sight of Hyukjae leaning against the frame, James Bond style, fixing the collar of his sleeve.

"Hyukkie" he mumbled, suddenly feeling a lack of confidence run through his nerves.

"Hey Hae-" Hyukjae stumbled a bit and then cleared his throat while straightening his tuxedo jacket. "Wow. You look wow."

"Yeah, yeah I know." He waved his hand absentmindedly. "Let's go."

As he stepped out and closed the door behind him, he waltzed right past Hyukjae to where his limo awaited. The chauffeur stepped out and opened the door. Right as Donghae was about to enter, Hyukjae grabbed his arm and kissed him on the mouth. When he let go, Donghae breathed out heavily and puffed his reddened cheeks.

"What was that for?"

Hyukjae smiled sheepishly at him and pointed at him. "Just for being you"

They entered the car full of blushing smiles and chatted along the way.

When they finally arrived, Donghae was breathless. There were thousands of royal families and important people who filled the room with chatter. They all wore certain colors to represent their royalty or importance. And then there was Hyukjae's parents, the King and Queen who sat on their thrones and chatted with those who arrived. His mother looked gorgeous in her red and silver gown while the father was in gold and red. They complimented and matched each other perfectly.

And then he looked at his boyfriend, Hyukjae, the Prince and his face fell. He wore a gold, silver, and red sash across his chest, symbolizing his stand in the castle. Donghae looked down his body and felt like a commoner. So plain with his all black suit.

He looked around to find an opening to escape, let alone he embarrass Hyukjae, but then the latter grabbed his arm and hooked it in his and suddenly, all was right. He didn't feel as pathetic and instead put on his best smile, the one Hyukjae claimed made him an "angel".

"Presenting, King Eric and Queen Hyuna's son, Prince Lee Hyukjae of Sophix and his friend, Commoner Lee Donghae."

Commoner. Friend. Those words struck Donghae like a broken record. He winced and Hyukjae paused as they walked down the stairs.

"Are you okay Hae?" He gently held Donghae's face in his hands, staring deeply into his eyes.

Â

"If my sight wasn't so poor, my dear Hyuna, I'd say that our prince's friend was actually his boyfriend." A young woman whispered into the Queen's ear.

Hyuna's face grew red and she gritted her teeth before smirking. "I'd say your hearing was poor too, Hyori."

Said woman scowled and walked away.

"It's time." Hyuna whispered to herself.

Â

"Ah I'm okay." Donghae laughed nervously and removed Hyukjae's hands from his face. He didn't want to make a scene. He was embarrassed as is and making a scene would make things worse.

"Yeah." Hyukjae frowned.

Â

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the King and I welcome you to our wonderful son Prince Hyukjae's ball! I hope you are all having a wonderful time. Really? Good. Now I have planned a little something to showcase his life up until now in hopes that any young princesses would take the time to learn more about our son. Please take a seat and enjoy."

Queen Hyuna went to sit back at her throne when her husband pulled her to the side. The lights had been turned off so no one could see them.

"What are you doing Hyuna!?! You never told me anything about this!"

Hyuna removed her estranged husband's hand from her arm. "Oh please Eric. You obviously don't have enough balls to stand up to the boy, but I do. He'll be gone for good this time. Now if I may, it's already started."

She walked around him and resumed her seat on the throne. Eric covered his mouth in shock. What has he created?

Â

Meanwhile, Hyukjae held Donghae's hand firmly in his as the audience around them laughed at his baby photos.

"See Hae, it's all fun."

Donghae smiled. "You were cute as a baby."

"What do you mean were?" Hyukjae pouted.

All of the laughter around them stopped. Collective gasps filled the air.

"W-what?" Donghae looked at the screen and his eyes glistened. "N-no."

On the screen were actors that looked exactly like Donghae and his parents in a jaw dropping potrayal of when they found out he was gay and kicked him out.

His heart raced and his palms grew sweaty. He couldn't believe it. The one thing he wished never to see again was in front of his face, in front of his boyfriend, and in front of thousands of complete strangers. He stood up and looked around as the film kept playing. The words swirling around him as they all stared in horror at him.

Â

"What do you mean you're gay?" His fake mother asked.

Â

"No son of mine will ever be a !" His fake father slammed his fists on the table. The plates rattling against the utensils delicately placed.

Â

"You ing prancing ballerina. What? Seeing guys gets you off? How about me huh? Your own father! We bathed together! Probably got hard over seeing my right? You digsust me!!" His fake father jumped out of his seat and punched fake Donghae square on the mouth.

Â

In reality, Donghae could still taste the metallic substance surrounding his mouth. Could still taste the salty tears cascading down his cheeks.

Â

Fake Donghae scrambled to run upstairs to the safety of his room, to sleep this nightmare away, but his father grabbed at his calves yanking him down the stairs as he tumbled, his head colliding with the hardwood floor.

He clawed and held onto whatever he could as his father threw him outside and onto the cold pavement.

Â

All Donghae could do was watch as his past replayed itself, watch as his mother threw ice cold water in his face. He looked down at Hyukjae who was silently crying and he prayed to never forget that face as he pushed his seat behind him and ran outside, never looking back.

Never looking at the car heading straight towards him.


Chapter 21
Touche


The car hit Donghae dead on, his body smashing into the windshield harshly before tumbling down. The car reversed and then swerved around him, quickly leaving the scene of the crime.

On the floor, Donghae groaned in pain, blood mixing with his saliva. He knew his right arm was broken and the rest of his body felt as if it was on fire. Even while in pain, he didn't think of himself. He thought of Hyukjae and how he never got to give him his gift. A gift that meant the world to him. Reaching into his tuxedo pocket, he held the item tightly in his right hand. His left hand in a bloodied cast.

His vision slowly started fading and he could barely register his name being called out and the suffocating sobs that followed after. Within minutes his body went limp as the clock struck 12, ending Hyukjae's birthday.

Â

Inside the ballroom, Hyukjae watched as Donghae left and decided to give him some room to breathe. He chose to confront his mother while the video played. Standing in front of his mother he grabbed her arm and pulled her to the room hidden behind their thrones. It was a private resting room for them only, to keep them away from harms means.

"Mother, why would you do that?"

She pulled her arm away and folded them, looking away. "I had no other choice. He's a pauper, a civilian." She stuck her tongue out as if those words left a bad taste in .

"He's the love of my life and I fully plan on marrying him, with or without your consent."

She laughed harshly, unfolding her arms. "And what would he become? The Queen? More like the Queer of the Century. What are you expecting my dear? That he'll be loved just because you love him? I'm saving you the trouble of reality. Get the picture, Hyukjae. Homouality isn't welcomed."

Hyukjae growled and spoke through clenched teeth. "I don't care. If I love him, I expect you to do the same! At least he could be accepted by our family, forget everyone else. People will always have something to say no matter what you do."

She walked to the side of Hyukjae and firmly grabbed his shoulder with one hand as she whispered in his ear. "His family abandoned him. What makes you think you won't? Mistakes happen. Even someone who holds power cannot stop the inevitable." She released his shoulder and left with a smirk.

Hyukjae gnawed on his lower lip and faced towards the mirror. His eyes were filled with anger and he felt it was time to search for his lover.

He fixed his tie and exited the bathroom smoothly. Looking around he saw that their guests were eating and he saw it as the perfect time to sneak out when his father grabbed his arm.

"Hyukjae where are you going? It's dinnertime."

"I've got to look for Donghae, he went out to get some fresh air."

His father stared at him with a heavy heart. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't know your mother would do such a thing. Fortunately it looks as if it's already left the mind of our guests."

Hyukjae ignored what his father said and quickly dismissed his words. "I'll be back soon."

When he was finally able to leave, he took a deep breath and looked at his watch. 11:56 pm. He didn't expect it to be so late. Exiting the mansion, he saw all the expensive cars parked and sighed. He didn't care about money or royalty as long as he had Donghae. Since the first time he laid eyes on him he just knew. He quietly laughed to himself walking down the long flight of stairs. It sounded so corny when he thought about it.

Love at first sight.

He still never told Hae those 3 words. He wondered when he would.

"HAE!" he called out and listened to see if he could hear anything. "Hae where are you?"

He slowly walked around the parked cars to see if Donghae was playing a game of hide-and-seek. "Hae! If you're hiding it's not the time. We need to talk."

After a few minutes of searching the cars he heard a loud groan.

"Hae?"

He wasn't sure where the sound came from, but he began walking faster towards the pavement.

"Hae? Are you here!?"

Another groan ensued and he ran immediately towards the road. What he saw stopped him dead in his tracks.

"Ugh oh god no, no."

Hyukjae fell in a heap next to Donghae's body. Cuts marred his delicate skin and dirt tainted his flesh. His arm was bent at an awkward angle and blood formed a puddle underneath him.

"Help me!!" He screamed. Sobs filled his throat and his tears poured down.

"Donghae! Hae! Wh-what ha-ppened t-to y-you?" He asked through choked sobs, pulling his body as gently as he could into his lap. Donghae was still awake, but his eyes reflected him in another world.

When he looked down at his hands, they were covered in blood. Donghae's blood. He screamed loudly. And that's when he heard a loud bell tone.

It was 12:00 pm. And Donghae's body went limp, his eyes still staring straight into Hyukjae's brown orbs.

Hyukjae went into shock as a wave of screams and gasps followed behind him. Everyone must've heard his screams. He could feel his body being pulled away, but he tugged against them.

His eyes wandered and he saw something shiny in his lover's hand. He ripped himself from those arms and fell to his knees to grab whatever it was.

It was a silver wedding band with roman numerals: XII, XV, XXII, V.

Love.

As the ambulance arrived and the paramedics worked quickly on Donghae, Hyukjae flashed back to the conversation they had, a few days prior.

Â

"Why do you wear a ring around your neck, Hae?" Hyukjae asked. He hadn't noticed it from far away, but up close, it seemed he always wore it.

Donghae held the chain in his hand. "It belonged to my grandfather. This was his gift to me before he passed away some 10 years ago. It's his wedding ring. Grandma died before I was born and he wanted to give me something to pass along in memory of the both of them. He told me to wear it as a necklace, that way no one can ever take it from me. And to only ever take it off when I'm sure that I'm in love."

Donghae blushed, but it went unnoticed by Hyukjae who was looking closely at the ring.

"What does XII, XV, XXII and V stand for?"

This time, Hyukjae looked directly into Donghae's eyes when he responded, "Love".


Chapter 22
Shake it Out


Hyukjae watched as Donghae's limp body was pulled onto a stretcher and shoved into the ambulance.

Nobles circled the prince asking questions and mumbling about the car accident, but Hyukjae was numb. He sat on the pavement with his knees bent, still covered in Donghae's blood as he squeezed the ring in his hand.

"Hyuk dear, we must get you cleaned." Hyuna bent down and touched Hyukjae's shoulder.

Eric appeared and pulled Hyuna to the side.

Â

"What are you doing? We have no time to talk, our son needs us." She yelled.

"Our son? Since when was he our son? This is a private area, Hyuna. That car didn't magically appear then disappear."

Hyuna gasped before slapping her husband on the face. "I would never do such a thing and it pains me that you would accuse me of trying to murder our son's close friend."

She tried to walk off, but Eric grasped her forearm firmly. "I'm warning you Hyuna. If I find out that you had any part in this, I will handle it personally."

She laughed and yanked her arm from her husband. "Like you did that ?"

Eric stayed silent. "Thought so." She said and walked beside Hyukjae.

Â

"You can't stay here all night. The others have left, your father sent them home. Let's get you cleaned alright?"

She helped her son onto his knees with an arm over his waist as they made their way slowly back to the castle.

A few feet away from the entrance she felt her son's weight increase. She stopped to adjust the pressure when she heard quiet sobs.

She tilted her head and found Hyukjae crying as he leaned over her shoulder.

"Hyuk." She mumbled.

"I l-love him, mom. You w-won't accept h-him though. W-why?"

She continued walking before they reached the steps of the castle and she helped Hyukjae to sit down.

He buried his face on top of his folded arms and cried harder, sniffling every now and then.

She rearranged her gown and sat beside him, resting a hand on his left knee.

"You would never understand, Hyuk. The things I do, the things I have done have always been for you."

The sniffling stopped. Hyukjae stood up, his mother's hand falling off and stared directly into her eyes. His own were bloodshot and full of unshed tears.

"For me? For me you would kill another?"

Hyuna frowned. She knew that question meant more than what it sounded like. "What do you mean Hyuk?"

She stood up as well and reached out for her son who slapped her hand away.

"Don't you dare talk to me as if I'm a child!" He yelled.

Hyuna sighed. "Don't talk to me that way, Hyukjae."

"How can you do this to me!"

"Hyu-"

He pointed a trembling finger at her. His other hand still holding the ring tightly. "I know you tried to kill Hae!"

Silence followed. His hand fell down by his side when his mother didn't respond. He backed away weakly and whimpered.

With a shaky breath he said, "Y-you d-did?"

Once again she was quiet and he accepted her silence as the answer.

"I-I have to go, Hae needs me."

He ran off stumbling while she stood there, a lone tear slowly cascaded down her cheek.

Â

"You should've expected this."

She wiped away her tear and took a deep breath. "Did you clean up the mess you made?"

"Nice and clean as always, Hyuna."

She growled. "You are to refer to me as Queen."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. A lone country bumpkin has become a queen, as if." The person rolled their eyes.

"Shut up!" She yelled, glaring at the person. "I am not trash like you."

"So asking me to kill someone isn't a trashy retaliation? You should really learn your place."

She approached the person and lifted her hand as if to slap them, but they grasped her wrist midway.

"And a Queen never raises her hand that way."

She tried to pull her arm away, but the person pulled her into them.

"Shouldn't you reward me?" They ghosted over her lips, but she turned away and pushed their body.

"This is my home. I will not allow you to taint it."

The person raised their arms up as if showing they mean no harm.

"Until next time then."

The person vanished into the shadows. Hyuna sighed and mumbled underneath her breath.

"Until next time, Kyu."

a/n: I've been lazy updating, I know. It's almost been a month since I updated this one. I sincerely apologize, but I won't make promises that it will not happen again. One can't predict these things, but stay positive alright? FIGHTING!

Â


Chapter 23
Tainted


Hyukjae sat on the bench within the hospital. His hands and his tuxedo were covered in blood. He tried his hardest not to be seen, but everyone knew who he was and he begged the hospital staff to protect his identity. They agreed given how distraught the prince looked.

When the doctor appeared, 4 hours had already passed and it was almost morning.

Hyukjae shot up off the bench and ran to the doctor who introduced himself as "Dr. Yunho". Hyukjae shook his hand firmly and the doctor noticed who he was and quickly brought him inside his office.

"Please sit down Prince-"

"Just call me Hyukjae, Doctor."

The doctor cleared his throat and then began explaining his lover's diagnosis.

"Well, Hyukjae. Your friend-"

"My boyfriend, sir."

The doctor's eyes widened and he stared at Hyukjae with a confused look, but thankfully the prince did not look back up at him. Instead he was looking towards the ground, broken.

"May I ask what is his name? There was no identification present when we took him in."

Hyukjae looked up. "Lee Donghae."

"Donghae had a cerebral hemorrhage due to a small skull fracture in the temporal lobe and a concussion. His right arm was broken and a few ribs were fractured as well. We've done surgery so the repairs have already been made. But I'm most concerned about the fracture. When he arrived, he was already in a coma and we don't know what to expect until he wakes up."

Hyukjae's chest burned when he listened and tears filled his eyes.

"What could happen when he wakes up?"

The doctor fixed himself more comfortable on the leather chair. "I don't want to alarm you."

"Please doctor, tell me."

"There are possibilities of memory damage. The hippocampus responsible for memory is located in the temporal lobe and very well could have been affected."

"Thank you doctor, I wish to be with him now."

Hyukjae shook the doctor's hand and then made his way out of the office towards Donghae's room. When he made it to Donghae's room, he slumped in front of the doorway. He whimpered when he saw the tubes throughout his body and the pale, scratched skin. He covered his mouth as tears fell and raw sobs threatened to make their way out. He quickly shuffled towards his lover and grabbed the pale hand in his own. He sat down on the chair beside the bed as he leaned forward and cried into the sheets.

"I'm sorry, Hae. I'm so sorry."

a/n: Yes this chapter is short, but I will update tomorrow with another. I wanted this to be on it's own so you can read about what condition Donghae is in :<


Chapter 24
Timeline


Day 2:

This day was full of anxiety. Hyukjae had prayed and hoped that all Donghae needed was a goodnight's rest and that he would wake up refreshed, or even groggy in the morning. But it didn't come. And so, he left that night at the very last possible second he could just to make sure Donghae wouldn't awaken without him. Heechul and the gang appeared. Hangeng had to calm his lover down, many angry words were spat towards Hyukjae and he was called a devil. Hyukjae stared off into space and nodded absentmindedly.

Â

Day 3: Hyukjae was still as anxious as the night before. He walked in, a tray full of breakfast and a smile on his face. But then he realized that Donghae was still asleep and he had no one to feed but himself.

Â

Day 4: Hyukjae's anxiety and wariness had increased. His parents noticed the change in their son. He refused to leave Donghae's side, even for his duties as the royal heir to the throne. He couldn't leave. Not when it was his fault.

Â

Day 5: Hyukjae took a day off, he was forced to. Heechul wanted time with his precious dongsaeng and Hyukjae was always there. Always in the ing way, so Heechul kicked him out. Told him to prepare his kingdom for war. And when Hyukjae asked why, Heechul responded, "because I'm gonna kill your entire family if I lose him".

Â

Day 6: Yoona made an appearance. When news struck of Donghae's accident, she fainted. She struck a high fever and Siwon had to admit her to the same hospital. When she woke up a few hours later, she wailed in Siwon's arms and begged him to take him to her. But as she still had a high fever, the doctor heightened the dosage of medication and she went into a delirious breakdown. A few days later, when the fever was gone and she was calm enough, Siwon wheeled her into Donghae's room where she cried for hours by his side until she fell asleep.

Â

Day 7: Hyukjae begins reading "Arashi No Yoro Ni" from one of Donghae's favorite dramas, "The Master's Sun" in his bedroom.

Â

Day 8: Hyukjae finishes "Fubuta no Aa", the 6th book of the series and by the ending, he runs out and calls his chauffeur to take him to the hopsital. In the ending, the wolf dies because he loved the goat too much. And Hyukjae thinks that maybe he is the goat, because he never truly protected the wolf from getting hurt.

Â

Day 9: Everyone is out of words to say. Heechul doesn't fight against Hyukjae anymore and they all take turns to sit beside Donghae. Everything is full of frowns and silence.

Â

Day 10: Hyukjae visits Donghae later than he normally would, but he's figured that maybe because he's there, Donghae doesn't want to wake up. And sadly enough, Heechul agrees.

Â

Day 11: Hyukjae has a heart-to-heart with Siwon. They don't say much except for their concerns for their loved ones. Hyukjae understands though. Siwon had known Donghae for years, they're like siblings and even though he is an only child, he can imagine what it feels like and does it add to the pain he feels.

Â

Day 12: The doctors return with bleak news. They said if he didn't awaken with 48 hours, that he would be declared brain dead due to the hemorrhage he had suffered from earlier and the lack of response. Heechul hollered and screamed at the doctors. Yoona collapsed into Siwon's arms and they both cried and Hyukjae, he held onto the railing of Donghae's hospital bed. He didn't know what to do anymore. He didn't have magical powers, even with all the riches one could possibly have, the best doctors, he had everything and yet absolutely none of it could save the man he loved.

Â

Day 13: It passed as soon as it came. They now had 24 hours left with the boy they all loved so dearly.

Â

Day 14: Not a single eye in the room was dry. The doctors had allowed Hyukjae and the others to stay in the room. It was against safety policies, but they knew what was coming and so they allowed it, just one last time. They had all stayed, someone would leave, someone would return. In the end, they decided to take turns. That they all deserved a moment with Donghae. But it was just that, a moment. Not a final one. Neither of them could say it, it would be setting Donghae's fate in stone. They wanted to believe he would be back, so instead of calling him off as if he were gone already, they said what was in their hearts.

How they had met, the happiest moments between them and why their relationship was the way it was. Some of them knew what the other would say, like Hangeng who knew that Heechul would mention the time he made Donghae wear a tight latex dress and 4 inch stillettos for fun. Or with how Yoona made Donghae dress up as a y bunny for the Halloween dance and had half the school begging for a dance with him. And then there was Hyukjae whose memories with Donghae had always been innocent kisses and compliments so sweet they'd give a newborn baby a cavity.

And by the end of all their tearful stories, they gathered in the room hoping Donghae would respond. That he would wake up blushing from the things Yoona and Heechul had made him do and Hyukjae who complimented him for the 250th time. At that exact moment, no one cared if he didn't remember them. They could teach him all over again the same way Heechul taught him how to walk in high heels. They just wanted him alive and with them.

Â

And that's when the heart monitor went off.

Â

"HAE!!!!"

a/n: ;_; do I have a right to apologize? I was supposed to update this a month ago and I didn't. I'm sorry I'm such a fail author T^T


Chapter 25
Turning Out


The heart monitor went off and the doctors came rushing in.

"I need everyone to leave. Now!"

Everyone quickly left, looking behind them as the doctor grabbed the paddles, rubbing the gel against one another and pressed firmly against Donghae's chest. The sporadic jump that occurred after had Hyukjae in tears.

Â

As they waited outside, minutes passed by in what felt like hours. The doctor exited the room with a frown on his face. Hyukjae rushed up, his eyes bloodshot and pleaded for an answer.

"It was a bit of touch-and-go there. There was a sudden drop in his temperature that caused his heart to react so strongly. But as far as I am concerned, he is fine now and will be able to leave tomorrow morning, after some extra tests will be done. You may see him now."

Hyukjae bowed deeply to the doctor and ran inside of the room to see a lively Donghae.

"H-hey Hyukkie." he spoke in a raspy voice and Hyukjae's eyes flooded with tears. He reached down and kissed Donghae on the forehead, gently rubbing his fingers through his hair.

"We almost lost you." Hyukjae croaked and his head fell onto Donghae's chest, sobbing softly.

"I-I'm s-sorry." Donghae lifted up his arm weakly and placed it onto Hyukjae's back, caressing it.

Â

After a few minutes, the rest of the gang flooded in full of tears and half smiles. It was a joyous occasion. They all told him about what had happened and in the end when Donghae exclaimed that he was sleepy they left him alone with Hyukjae.

"There is something that I wanted to give you, Hae. I wanted to do so on my birthday but well-" Tears filled Hyukjae's eyes and he cleared his throat loudly.

"-well this happened and-"

"-and I am fine now." Donghae replied, his hands playing upon Hyukjae's hands.

"Here, it is something that I treasure greatly and has been passed down for the last two centuries within my family."

Hyukjae dug into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small burgundy case and opened it revealing an antique wedding ring. The ring itself was gold with intricate designs and a single princess cut diamond in the middle.

Donghae gaped at the beauty and looked up at Hyukjae, his eyes moist.

"No way."

Hyukjae shifted his body and stood upon one knee. "I know it is too soon to be thinking about marriage, but I am sure that no matter the time, you will be the one for me. If you cannot accept this as a proposal, then please accept it as a vow to be my one and only. I love you Lee Donghae, will you marry me?"

"Yes"

a/n: Short chappie cause tomorrow I will update again *so serious about this, I mean it* also, this story will end soon (maybe 35 or less)


Chapter 26
Next


The next morning, Donghae was released from the hospital. Everyone was full of smiles. He didn't need a wheelchair, but his balance was a bit off from not having used them for 2 weeks.

Hyukjae who wanted to proudly show off Donghae, brought him to the castle. Hyuna was not happy at all.

She wasn't expecting her son's boy friend to return and Kyuhyun had been bothering her more often, threatening her place as Queen.

When they arrived she had been sitting on the large golden throne, her blood red gown twinkling in the sunlight. Eric had gone off to hunt for the day with a few guards and royal friends.

"What do we have here? A prince and his mutt."

Hyukjae scowled. "Please mother. Enough of this."

"And why is that-" Her eyes glazed over when she saw the faint sparkle on Donghae's finger. "You are married?"

Hyukjae smiled, all gums. "I proposed to him and he said yes."

Hyuna stood up from her throne. "Oh well why didn't you tell me? We must welcome our future queen." She bowed 90 degrees in front of Donghae who blushed and repeated the same action.

"M-mother you are fine with this?"

She giggled. "Why of course! I am proud that you have found someone to match your happiness at this very moment."

Hyukjae didn't trust her, although he smiled and politely bowed he knew something was up. He wasn't sure what, but he would have to protect Donghae with his entire life.

Â

"I think the is planning something." Heechul exclaimed while checking out his newly painted fingernails. Heechul, Yoona and Hyukjae had gathered to chat, courtesy of Hyukjae in a nearby cafe.

"What? don't look at me like that, you know it too monkey. And surely Yooha, as a female your instincts are going off."

Yoona sighed. "It's Yoona, Heechul not Yooha. Secondly, I agree with him. I almost lost our fishy once, never again."

Hyukjae held his hot cocoa tightly in his hands. It was almost May, but the weather was still brisk.

"I can't believe this at all. What do I do?"

Heechul smirked.

"Simple. You catch the rat with a bit of bait."

Â

Hyuna was resting on her throne tired of the mishaps that occurred throughout the day. First, her slave dropped her fork on the floor, a bad omen. Then her bath water was colder than usual and lastly, her other slave messed up her makeup giving her a black eye instead of smokey eyes.

And to top it all off, her only son will soon be marrying a guy; a commoner.

She accepted it, only because she had a plan. Why else would she accept it? Donghae was the same as a persistent rash.

Her plan, would be the ointment.

"Guard, I'm going to the gardens alone. No one is to enter the palace unless it is myself, Prince Hyukjae or the King. Do I make myself clear?"

The guard on standby bowed. "Yes your majesty."

"Good. I'll be back in a few minutes."

She stood upright from her throne, flinging her blood red gown behind her as she quietly walked outside to the gardens.

"Kyu?" She called out in a hushed whisper. "Kyu are you here?"

A figure appeared, but a shadow was casted over it by the midday sun.

"I need you to do something for me."

The figure loomed closer. Speaking in a deep whisper it replied, "and what will you do for me?"

"Whatever you want, Kyu baby."

The figure cackled. "A title closer to you."

Hyuna sighed. "Fine. You can take the place of my personal guard."

"What if I want to be King?"

Hyuna scowled. "Know your place!"

The figure retreated a few steps back. "Well then, how about as your lover?" Hyuna stepped forward and the figure retreated again. "Fine. You can have me in bed, but only if you fulfill my request."

"That is?"

"Kill Lee Donghae the second he married Prince Hyukjae."

The figure nodded and Hyuna swiftly ran inside as to not get caught.

When she left, the figure stepped halfway into the light removing his hood. A few choked sobs spilled.

"H-hyuna..."

a/n: CLIFFHANGER YALL.


Chapter 27
Truth against Lies

As Eric sat upon his throne, his eyes wandered around the hall. When had he failed his people? When did it begin? He felt remorseful and sat full of woe as he remembered the previous conversation.

"Kill Donghae..."

Kill. Donghae.

She wanted an innocent man, her only son's boyfriend to be killed. He hadn't expected such a reaction. Surely it was odd for a homoual couple to exist within the kingdom, but it was not frowned upon nor considered treason. Love is love. He had always felt that way and many decades before his birth, there was a homoual queen who ruled just fine. The peace and joy she had left the kingdom traveled throughout into his legacy.

All of this, even her own willingness to bear open her legs for another man was caused by his own infidelity. He too, had spread the chambermaid's apart. A moment of weakness, of desperation for the love his wife hadn't given to him in years and now he would spend the rest of his lifetime, repenting.

The pressing issue at hand was Donghae. His life was irrevocably in danger.

"Eric. Why are you here at such an hour? Surely a King has much more important things to handle, like banging the chambermaid?" Hyuna fluttered her eyelashes in disgust.

It took Eric the strength of ten men to hold back the bile burning in his throat.

"Or is it disgusting for you to think of when her womb is quite filled already?"

Hyuna's eyes glimmered, knowing she had struck Eric's temper with a hatchet.

"Enough, Hyuna. There are more important matters, starting with you."

Eric stood up from his throne, with steady eyes casted on following his Queen like a hawk as she grew closer to him. Her blood red gown drifting behind her like a sea of bodies.

"Me? Whatever have I done? I've saved our son from perdition." She gleamed.

Eric took a deep breath, his eyes glaring through her soul. He knew he had to remain calm. Hyuna had a special gift of knowing exactly what someone was thinking.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked as calm as possible.

She cackled. "Oh cut the crap Eric. You honestly thought I didn't recognize you? The man I've been married to for almost 20 years?"

She grazed closer to him, her eyes darkened within the small shadows.

"Why? Why would you even ask such a thing to anyone! He's innocent, Hyuna. Have you even thought about how your son would feel, do you care?"

Hyuna's face contorted with anger. Her eyebrows arched deeply, mouth open ready to strike. "Care?! It's all I've ever done! Did you care when your was shoved up that 's gaping hole? Did you care when you screamed her name with gusto? I'm saving our son from another mistake."

Eric ran up to Hyuna, shaking her arms furiously as he had done so previously. He gazed into her eyes, desperate to find the woman he had married and not this demon that plagued her. "Please Hyuna. I was the only one with a mistake. Do not take on those faults."

She struggled against him before allowing herself to be captured in his arms.

"I love you Hyuna, no matter what."

She laughed in his arms, tears streaking down her face. "I'll take that as your final words."

"W-what?"

She pulled away slightly before stabbing into his chest with as much force as she could muster. Then she pulled the knife out and repeated the process thrice.

He slipped from her arms and staggered backwards, falling onto his throne drenched in blood.

She quickly slid the knife under her sleeve and walked up to him, dropping to her knees. She placed her hand on his wound as if trying to stop the blood and called out for help.

"The king has been wounded! Help! Please help!"

Almost immediately did a few maids and guards appear. She played off her hysteria as if she were reading a book.

"Eric?! Eric?!" She screamed as a maid pulled her off of the King.

"Your highness, please calm down."

A guard hurried towards the King and checked his pulse. Grief filled his expression and he shook his head.

"Nooooo!" Hyuna cried out and promptly fainted in the maid's arms.

"Your highness!"

Â

Hyukjae received the news a few hours later.

Hyukjae was in distress as he broke down in Donghae's arms. The latter held him close as the tears which seemed endless poured on. Between his parents, he was closer to his father. A man who kept his word and bathed him with love and life lessons.

The funeral processions were to be held in the morning and as the soon-to-be-King, he had a responsibility to make a long-lasting appearance. His rightful place would be to spend the rest of his life in Sophix as King.

"Y-you must co-come with m-me." Hyukjae sniffled, rubbing his nose gently against Donghae's stomach.

"I cannot and you know the reason. We are no longer under the protection of your father. My appearance would cause more stress upon your kingdom. It is your duty."

"My duty and my life are with you. They will know sooner or later and I choose now. Surely there are enough secrets."

Donghae gently patted Hyukjae's back in a soothing manner as he leaned against his headboard. He knew that Hyukjae's sooner-or-later would come much sooner than he'd like to think. But with the love and want that the prince held him by, he felt vulnerable and useless. He wanted so badly to stay with him and yet he couldn't. They weren't married and the reaction he felt miles away from the queen, would be thrown full-force at him from the commoners that resided there. In other words, the hate towards him would reflect on Hyukjae, and that was the last thing he wanted to do; to complicate things further.

Pulling Hyukjae up towards his face, he kissed him gently and peered into his eyes lovingly.

"You will make a great king. I will always be here whenever you need me."

They kissed passionately for what felt like hours yet only a few minutes. Hyukjae pulled away and with a final kiss, he got up, grabbed his coat and left.

The second Donghae heard the door close, his heart dropped and he cried himself to sleep.

a/n: It's been two months...please feel free to berate my laziness.


Chapter 28
Stress

Hyukjae was in distress as he broke down in Donghae's arms. The latter held him close as the tears which seemed endless poured on. Between his parents, he was closer to his father. A man who kept his word and bathed him with love and life lessons.

The funeral processions were to be held in the morning and as the soon-to-be-King, he had a responsibility to make a long-lasting appearance. His rightful place would be to spend the rest of his life in Sophix as King.

"Y-you must co-come with m-me." Hyukjae sniffled, rubbing his nose gently against Donghae's stomach.

"I cannot and you know the reason. We are no longer under the protection of your father. My appearance would cause more stress upon your kingdom. It is your duty."

"My duty and my life are with you. They will know sooner or later and I choose now. Surely there are enough secrets."

Donghae gently patted Hyukjae's back in a soothing manner as he leaned against his headboard. He knew that Hyukjae's sooner-or-later would come much sooner than he'd like to think. But with the love and want that the prince held him by, he felt vulnerable and useless. He wanted so badly to stay with him and yet he couldn't. They weren't married and the reaction he felt miles away from the queen, would be thrown full-force at him from the commoners that resided there. In other words, the hate towards him would reflect on Hyukjae, and that was the last thing he wanted to do; to complicate things further.

Pulling Hyukjae up towards his face, he kissed him gently and peered into his eyes lovingly.

"You'll be a great king, Hyukkie. I will support you no matter what."

Â

The funeral lasted two days. The first day was the most depressing. Tears were shed, bodies collapsed to the floor in grief, and thousands of "I am sorry for your loss" rang through Hyukjae's ears as he sat in his throne. The King's body had been delicately cleaned and wrapped in cloth, then placed into a gold coffin with a red cotton interior. It had been his father's wish to be buried like an Egpytian Pharoah without the removal of his organs, or being incarcerated into a massive pyramid.

His mother was completely unresponsive. Others took it as a sign of grief, that she was attempting to be strong.

Hyukjae knew better, he knew that she didn't give a damn and her expression reflected what she felt on the inside; nothing. If anything she probably wanted to take his place as King, not that he'd fight for it.

He sat in his father's throne for most of the funeral though he had not been sworn in yet. As the head male, he would become King first for the funeral processions and then told his promises to Sophix. One of which included, a wife.

"Prince Hyukjae, when will you be getting married?"

Hyukjae shifted in his seat, crossing his legs, one over the other as he stayed upright.

"I do believe this is my father's funeral. Such conversation should be left for after I am sworn in, bishop."

"Ah yes, your highness." The bishop deeply bowed and went off to mingle with the other guests.

Hyukjae's brown bangs fell over his eyes and he flicked his head to move them back over. It was bad enough that he had to wear such an outfit. His royal one. Black slacks, black dress shoes, tucked in white shirt, black vest, a fitted royal jacket in red with a large gold sash over his left shoulder ending underneath his right shoulder near his waist and held by a thin black belt. On his hands were small white cloth gloves. Atop his head was a small golden crown.

"Hyukjae dear, do you wish to take a break?" Hyuna asked politely.

"No, mother. It can wait."

Â

The next day was of celebration. The King had always said that he wanted his life and his legacy to be celebrated not mourned. The tears were unavoidable, but they could laugh and cry. Dance in his name and drink to his honor.

Hyukjae was on the look-out for Donghae the entire time, yet he never made an appearance. Of course, he understood that even if he had come, they wouldn't be able to meet. Too many rules and laws and then there was Hyuna. He could see from the corner of his eye the slight extension of her neck, as if she too were searching for him.

"Mother, are you not going to join in the festivities?"

Hyuna frowned. "Whatever would make you think I would? Your father was murdered, now is not the time for celebration."

Hyukjae played with his fingers. "And you wouldn't know anything about it right?"

"Enough." Hyuna's jaw tightened and her fists slightly balled up with fury. "I will not have my son make a fool of me. Stop insinuating what you do not know."

Hyukjae laughed and leaned in closer to whisper.

"What makes you think I don't know?" The prince quickly removed himself from the throne. "Lovely of you to keep it warm for him." And he walked off to join the rest of the guests, smiling.

Hyuna scowled and walked away from the throne, her golden gown flowing behind her. She walked to the gardens where no other person was allowed to step foot within, it was her private area amongst the castle.

"Feeling some type of way Hyuna?" A shadow appeared behind a rose bush.

Â

Donghae was never going to go to the funeral. He wasn't a fan of death and he knew his appearance would create a heavy tension. There was also the queen, someone he knew hated him enough to wish for his death. It wouldn't be a good decision.

So why was he there for the second day? He didn't know. It was a reflex to be near Hyukjae. Yet he couldn't at the same time. He was proud of their relationship, but embarrassed by his commoner status. He decided to enter from the back. Surely with a gathering the size of a small state he could squeeze in without being noticed. He wore a fitted black suit, courtesy of Siwon's money and his hair was gelled upwards revealing a handsome face.

As he walked cautiously, thank goodness that the guards had easily let him in citing that anyone could join, he quickly headed for the backyard. What he entered was a large labyrinth.

"Aww no, oh no. I've seen this in horror movies. Okay breathe in, breathe out. How you got in is how you'll get out." Donghae looked behind him and gasped, quickly covering his mouth as not to attract anyone. "How could I get lost?!"

He continued walking for what felt like hours. The sounds of the party dimmed in the background as he twisted and turned down every possible path until he heard voices.

"Thank g-" He covered his mouth again when he saw who it was. He ducked and tip-toed a little further behind the bush trying not to say a word.

"What are you doing here Kyuhyun?! This is my husband's funeral!" Hyuna smacked away the young man's hands.

"Like that ever stopped you. Only I know how to make you scream in bed."

Donghae bit his lips as he listened to the conversation. How could he tell Hyukjae?

"You did a job you know that right?" Hyuna sat down at the small bench that was against a garden bed of tulips. "All I asked for was the death of that kid and even that didn't go as planned."

Kyuhyun picked up a pair of rose clippers and snipped one off. "Every rose has it's thorns, even you. I don't exactly believe that he deserves death. Wouldn't that be too easy?"

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed. Too easy? Who was he talking about?

Hyuna sighed and grabbed the rose in anger, slightly pricking her finger. "Donghae is still very much alive and I am still unhappy. If you and I are to ever get what we want, he needs to be dead!" She threw the rose down and stepped on it, crushing the petals underneath her dark heels.

Donghae in shock, stepped backward, crunching a twig underneath his foot and falling on his behind.

"Who's there?!" Hyuna shouted. "Go check." She whispered to Kyuhyun.

Donghae scrambled to get up and when he did, he ran for his life. Kyuhyun managed to see his form and laughed. "Looks like I've got a little spy to catch." He exclaimed and ran the opposite way. He knew the labyrinth by heart, but that poor soul didn't.

Hyuna quickly ran threw another area. The labyrinth was divided into 4 parts, but only 2 were the escape routes. She had to get back before anyone noticed her disappearance.

Donghae on the otherhand ran for his life. Tears streamed down his face as he breathed heavily, turning around every corner. His suit was covered in dirt and his hair had tiny twings and leaves on it. 

Kyuhyun appeared right in front of Donghae and the latter stepped backwards cautiously. Every step forward was two steps back for him. "There ya go little birdie. Why so fast to leave? Didn't your parents ever teach you manners?" Kyuhyun cracked his knuckles and then turned his neck as if cracking it too.

"I'm an orphan."

Kyuhyun cackled loudly, the sound loud enough to alarm a few birds nearby who flew off.

"Then there'll be no one to miss you."

Donghae sprinted. He was probably going back to where the garden was, but he didn't care. His lungs ached terribly and his heart thumped painfully against his chest.

"Come on little birdie, let's play!" He could hear Kyuhyun's voice echoing throughout the labyrinth and his fear increased, not knowing where it was coming from until he tripped over what looked like a leg as he spun 360 before tumbling down onto the ground harshly and he rolled before crashing into the edge of the labyrinth, out cold.

Kyuhyun walked slowly towards the unconscious body before kicking it harshly repeatedly. "You sure can run, I'll give you that. But don't ever. ing. try. that. again." He reiterated with a harsh kick to the boy's side after every word. He crouched down and gently caressed the bruised face. "Now, let's go home shall we?"

Kyuhyun hoisted the boy over his shoulder and whistled as he exited the labyrinth behind the gardens.

a/n: I never know where these plots go, I just write and write. But holy balls, Kyuhyun has Donghae.


Chapter 29
Absence

a/n: Italics are the past. Just in case you didn't know.

Â

"Donghae is missing."

Those few words changed Hyukjae's life. An hour, a day, a week, a month....all had passed by without a single word. Donghae's birthday was right around the corner and even though Hyukjae held the gift in his Kingdom, it would more than likely never reach the receiver.

Hundreds of men had swarmed Sophix in search for Donghae. As the newly sworn in King, he didn't tell a single soul what Donghae meant to him, but turned the reason into Sophix's problem. That the young man had disappeared during the funeral, a time of mourning, and it could only have been someone from Sophix.

Everyone was under scrutiny. Hyukjae had done his best to stay calm and be a fair King, but his grief was endless. He wanted to curse everyone, chain them to the wall and torture them until they revealed who it was. How could someone escape when everyone was in the same area? How could no one have possibly seen anything?

His pain built up.

Â

"We've checked the four corners of Sophix. Nothing my lord."

"Be gone." Hyukjae mumbled.

"W-what was that my lord?"

"Be gone! Every one of you! Leave my presence now!" Hyukjae yelled, the guards shivered in their boots and left immediately.

"Where are you Hae?"

Â

"Where are you Hae?"

Â

His mother was living luxuriously. She wined and dined across the kingdom with her wealthy friends. Hyukjae noticed the difference. She was happier than ever without Donghae around, and with Donghae she was free to invite as many girls as she pleased to marry off her son.

"Hyukjae dear, lovely girl here from Abermania. Lovely little kingdom 20 miles from here."

"No mother."

Â

"Hyukjae. Potential wife at 3 o'clock. Name, Samantha. Princess of Trudia."

"No mother."

Â

They were both fed up in their own ways. Hyuna, because her son refused to get married. Even though his fiance was probably recently deceased. Hyukjae, because his mother was unrelenting in shoving the opposite down his throat.

"Listen Hyukjae, as King you must follow the proclamation of your forefathers."

Hyukjae dismissed her words as he walked around the library within their castle. He had searched through book after book in search for something. Maybe an ancient spell, he didn't know. But if witches exist, he'd sell his soul to find him.

"I will not have you ignoring me! Within 3 months you must be married. One has already passed." She instructed.

With his nose in a book, he waved off her words again. "Yes mother, whatever you-what?!" He lifted his head and stared wide-eyed at Hyuna.

"You have 2 months to find a bride or be dethroned." She repeated with purpose.

"T-this can't be. I-I will not marry some to be king!" He threw his book to the couch and she slapped him across the face, her earrings bounced against her skin.

"By becoming dethroned you will shame our family and shame your father! You know damn well I cannot become Queen, this hole will not allow that. Though I would've been a better queen than your of a father."

Hyukjae held his reddened cheek in shock. His mother had revealed her true intentions. Through him, she aimed to be queen.

When she took in his appearance she realized what a grave mistake she had made.

"H-Hyukjae I am sorry. I didn't-"

"You killed him." Hyukjae stepped backwards, cautious of her. "You killed dad and now you've killed Donghae!" He pointed an accusing finger at her. "How dare you call yourself my mother!"

"Now now Hyukjae. I did this for us. Donghae would've prohibited you from your true nature, to be King. And your father was no good. A liar and a cheater. He earned his death rightfully." She explained and quickly grabbed Hyukjae by the shoulders, turning him forward and she pulled him back into her chest. "I am protecting you. The very best way a mother knows how." She circled her arm around his neck and dug into the sleeve of her lavender gown and pulled out a needle. "You will feel better cause mother knows best." She stabbed it into the skin of his neck and he dropped lifelessly against her like a doll.

She looked around before dragging him closer to the bookcase. She pulled out a book which opened a secret passageway and then she dragged the both of them inside while the passageway closed behind them.

A man appeared behind the shadows.

"What are you doing? Take him!"

The man hoisted Hyukjae over his shoulder and followed behind her like a dog with his tail between his legs.

She continued walking down a long underground tunnel. "What did you do with the other one?"

"As you have told me."

Hyuna scowled. "Then I should have had his heart in a glass jar already as proof."

The man chuckled. "It's unbecoming of you to behave such a way Hyuna."

"Kyuhyun, you are irritating me beyond capacity."

"Continue walking your highness."

Hyuna flipped him the bird and stopped upon a large metal door. She pressed the numerical buttons for her password and the door opened.

"Let's begin then."

Â

Kyuhyun threw Hyukjae on top of a king-size bed and then hog-tied his arms and legs to the banisters to keep him in place.

Hyuna sighed in contempt as she looked around. The underground lair was dark and dank. It was a small area, capable of fitting no more than 10 people, but provided many ways of escape through all the tunnels she had her men build. They were killed immediately afterwards by Kyuhyun to keep it a secret. In the lair, there was a king-size bed where her and Kyuhyun had their many flings. A tiny bathroom with a shower and a toilet. Then there were two closets. One was large enough to fit two people and the other was small and held only her clothes as a need to change, less she enter the kingdom smelling of and .

In the large closet, that was where Kyuhyun left Donghae. 

Kyuhyun approached Hyuna and threw an arm lazily off of her shoulder which she shrugged off violently.

"Fiesty my lady?"

"My son is here." She exclaimed through clenched teeth.

He threw his arms up and laughed. "I get it. Care to see his boy toy?"

She hitched an eyebrow in amusement. "Of course, lead the way."

Kyuhyun walked towards where the large closet was and opened it, revealing a tied-up and bloodied Donghae. His suit had been ripped at various places, the jacket was tossed to the side and his shirt was torn to the point that you could clearly see his toned body underneath. In his mouth was a gag meant to keep him silent.

"He's a fighter, a scratcher, and a screamer all wrapped in one. I can see why your son likes him so much." Kyuhyun his lips and Hyuna nudged him. "Keep it in your pants."

Kyuhyun frowned. "Sorry, but you know my taste....varies."

Hyuna rolled her eyes. "Get on with it. When will you handle this?"

"Whenever you want, but are you sure that's a good thing?" Kyuhyun tilted his head towards Hyukjae.

"He'll live." Hyuna said and roughly grabbed Donghae's shoulder, yanking him out of the closet. He awoke with a start and squirmed on the floor. She immediately released him. "I thought you had this covered!"

"I never said I killed him! Just maimed him a bit for the time being. He's been here for a while now. Since you won't let me touch him the way I want to, I've had to settle for beating him every other day. I assure you that he may be alive, but he is nowhere near healthy. It's probably a reflex from how many times I've attacked him. So what's the plan?"

Hyuna kicked Donghae in the gut a few times out of anger and sheer pleasure. "That felt better."

Kyuhyun quickly kissed her on the mouth. ", I like it."

"Shut up you fool. The plan is to kill him here, wrap up his body and then bury it far, far away."

"THE HELL YOU WILL!"

a/n: cliff? not really.


Chapter 30
Trice

A/N: Bunch of excerpts here. I knew Hanchul and Yiwon are rarely talked about because they're side characters. So alas their point-of-view.

"Get away from him!" Hyukjae struggled against the confines of the rope. When he had awoken, he saw the duo hunched over and as his eyes cleared, he saw a bloodied Donghae...again.

Hyuna laughed and smirked at Kyuhyun. "Deal with this while I talk to my dearest son." She catwalked towards him, looming over his body. "You should rest, all this stress isn't good for our future king."

"The hell I will be king, let him go! He doesn't deserve this!"

Hyuna squeezed his ankle roughly causing him to groan in pain. "You brought him here. Had you not, I would've never known of his existence. Your father, him, all of it will be of your decisions."

Her fingernails pushed into his skin. "Is that what you want? I'm giving you a choice. Say the word and he will be free. I will never hurt him again. But your actions must follow."

"I...."

Â

The month before....

Â

"Where the hell is Hae?!" Heechul yelled. He had ran into the mansion, heels and all, screaming wildly at everyone. When Hyukjae heard the commotion, he quickly ran downstairs to find a furious Heechul, Yoona, and their boyfriends following behind like lost dogs.

Upon seeing Hyukjae, Heechul charged at him. A guard reacted to defend Hyukjae, but was no match for Heechul who had been learning a few tricks from Hangeng. He grabbed the guard's arm, pulled it towards himself and flipped the guard onto his back and his forearm was pressed against Hyukjae's neck. Guards surrounded them, guns pointing at Heechul, but Hyukjae held up a hand telling them that he wasn't in danger. They stayed in place.

Heechul growled in Hyukjae's face. "You better be playing hide-and-seek or the kingdom will be searching for your hide."

Hyukjae stood firm and held eye contact. "H-he was kidnapped."

Heechul swiftly kneed him in the groin. He cried out loud, but the fiery man kept him in place. "What do you mean kidnapped?!"

His voice echoed and a shocked Yoona fell into Siwon's arms.

"You were supposed to protect him! You promised! You allowed that to harm him before. This is what I get for trusting like you. A prince? Don't make me ing laugh. You're nothing but a spineless puppet who can't even defend his own boyfriend from his wittle m-mommy."

By the end of the speech, Heechul's voice cracked and he kneed the prince once more before releasing his hold. Hyukjae immediately fell onto the floor, hands grabbing at his package to soothe it.

Heechul ran his fingers through his hair. "This..how am I? how can?" He crumbled onto the floor and Hangeng joined him on the floor, holding him in his arms. His composure broke and sobs spilled from his mouth as he shouted at Hyukjae.

"He's alone and probably calling out for me. My baby. You hurt my baby!"

At that moment the queen chose to reveal herself. "Who are you people?!"

"You !" Heechul, if not for the tight grip Hangeng held, would've easily jumped at her. "Let me go! I'll get you, I'll ing get you! What did you do to him!"

The queen laughed. "Whatever do you mean? Who is this person you are referring to?" She responsded sweetly.

Heechul clawed at the hands that were wrapped around his waist. "Donghae! Give me him back! We'll leave this disgusting kingdom, give him back!"

The queen her lower lip. "Charming I'm sure. Now remove them from my home." She flicked her wrist and turned away from the violent Heechul, walking to sit on her throne. She sat, lifting one leg over the other, and leaned against the cushioned back.

Hyukjae who had finally caught his breath, dismissed the order. He raised his hand and silenced the guards.

"Let them leave on their own."

With out another word, Heechul allowed Hangeng to drag him outside. Yoona on the other hand had been quiet the entire time and said one sentence that left Hyukjae open for the world to see.

"At least we have the dignity to do so."

They left directly afterwards. Hyukjae was pulled onto his feet by two guards and his eyes caught glimpse of the queen grinning.

Â

The month after....

"Wonnie take Yoona with you and go on vacation. The poor girl needs some rest."

It was true, except they all needed rest. Countless flyers and posters were pasted everywhere and each day they spent 3 hours searching a new area with no leads at all. No one ever called and there were no traces of him.

Siwon gaped at the man. He actually remembered Yoona's name for the first time. "We can't just leave now, Chullie. We'll find him, I know we will."

Heechul patted the younger boy on the back. "Of course we will. I will not give up, but this is different. You'll get married soon and I've been hearing that Yoona doesn't want to go through with it."

Siwon sighed. "She said she can't without him. To be honest, I couldn't do it either."

"We need Donghae, which is why I won't ever stop finding him. But please, she's been with him long before any of us have, she needs to rest or that girl will drive herself mad."

Siwon smiled and sauntered off. Heechul laughed to himself, but the joyous sound didn't reflect his gloomy appearance.

Â

"No! No! Stop!"

Smack. Grab. Throw.

"Please! Hyuk save me! Chullie! Anyone?!"

Punch. Punch. Punch. Kick.

"Help me!!"

"You worthless !" Kick. "Leave her alone!" Kick. "She'll be with me after this." Kick. "She promised. So be a good boy and shut up." Kick.

Grab. "This will be your new home." Throw inside. Lock door. "It'll be like living in a casket. You'll be used to it soon enough. I did too."

Â

"-I'll leave him."

a/n: Before you say you're confused, I did mention that these are excerpts, merely to fill in the gaps. This will be ending in 5 chapters or less. Comments are well loved :3


Chapter 31
End + Epilogue

A/N: Before you all brick me, I have two announcements to make. One, I will not make another chaptered story after this. That is not a promise, but I am trying not to. Second, I know this is rushed, but I lost the inspiration to write. I sincerely apologize if this was a gaping disappointment.

Hyukjae had to think fast, time was running out and he wasn't sure if anyone was coming to save them. At the top of his mind, he chose to let go, to give himself time to come up with a plan.

"I'll leave him"

The look on his mother's face said it all. She wasn't expecting him to let go so easily. Even her husband had put up more of a fight, even if she killed him all too easily. He still fought to survive and be just.

"And to think, you swore you loved him." Those words escaped her lips. Unconsciously, she was placing her son in the same boat as her newly deceased husband. Love? Such empty words. Eric had said the same to her and he just as easily sheathed his love into another woman. She gave the signal to Kyuhyun and the latter began dragging Donghae away.

She sat at his bedside and sighed. "He was going to learn sooner or later. Royals don't love. You too my boy, I raised you to be a King. You have everything thrown at your feet. Women, money, and whatever else you want and yet you dare to blow it away for what you mindlessly considered love."

"He too threw it away for your treacherous love. You honor your father so much and I left it at that because business never mixes in with pleasure. Royalty is a business, Hyukjae. Whether you learned it at your coronation or your death, that fact remains the same. We're politics, we're an empire, we're the leaning tower of Pisa. Your little trist with that boy almost cost us that. Now smile they're waiting for us."

She reached down and untied his legs. "Be on your best behavior." She got up and untied his arms as well. "Let's get you clean-"

He swung his fist at full force and it collided violently against her cheek, sending her backwards.

She spat out blood and smirked. "You're going to have to do better than that, Hyukkie. Your father hit a lot harder."

She swung her leg forward and tripped him. "A royal stays on his toes. Lack of practice has made you clumsy my dear."

Hyukjae's head collided against the hardwood floor, knocking the breath out of chest. He gasped and took in shallow breaths. Leaning onto his elbows he watched as his mother smiled evily at him, blood covering her teeth. She took out a handkerchief and wiped at .

"My my, violence runs in the family. I'm merely introducing Donghae to it."

Hyukjae's eyes filled with tears as he hoisted himself up. There was no saving her, she was too far gone. It would never end with Donghae. Everyone in Hyukjae's life would be knocked down one-by-one until he became the only obstacle in her life. Eyes filled with tears, he ran head-first into her chest. They both crashed into the wall leaving a huge dent.

When he came to, she was still unconscious. He ran towards the exit to find Hangeng beating up Kyuhyun. In Heechul's arms was an unconscious Donghae. He was bleeding heavily, but he would make it.

"Geng stop!" The man continued. Hyukjae weakly tackled into him, falling onto his knees as Kyuhyun was flat out. "Why did you stop me?! This man hurt our Hae!"

"It is not your jurisdiction! My mother...she conspired with him. Please Geng, allow me to handle it as...King."

Heechul sobbed in the background. "What of our Hae then?"

"If you would accept it, the same for Yoona and Siwon, I would love to make him my queen. I'm sorry about all of this. If it's anyone to blame, I must take fault. I caused this."

Hangeng quickly hugged the now crying Hyukjae. "What's done is done. The best news is that we are all safe. Now let's get to a hospital and get some police. Are you sure you will be fine with...your mother being in..."

Hyukjae placed his hand on Hangeng's shoulder and gripped firmly. "I am sure. She killed my father and was trying to take away Donghae too. Enough damage has been done."

Â

Months later:

Hyukjae and Donghae were married, much to the distress of the public. All the while they had many followers, they had just as many haters. But Sophix had never had a greater King and Queen. Yoona and Siwon were married a week after Donghae's re-appearance and are now expecting a son, whom they plan to name Aiden. As for Hangeng and Heechul, they own a small tea shop and all live happily.