Lost Reflection: Zero

Abandoned Stories

Lost Reflection: Zero
by AyaniELF

Description


        Lost Reflection: Zero

Â

In this world, couples were formed by bonds created long before their birth. It was a bond that automatically matched one person to another. They were born with one distinct ability and their partner, the opposite. As if they were two-halves of a mirror, reflecting one another.

Pairs did not have favored ualities. Heteroual and homoual couples were both welcomed.

The only one unloved were Zeroes.

Zeroes were the potholes in the order. They were born without a soulmate. Stories were told of zeroes creation. How they devoured their partner's soul long before birth. And pairs who had given birth to a zero, usually killed off their child without remorse. To even be the parent of a zero would cause complete isolation.

Â

                                                           Lee Hyukjae was a Zero.

Â

Foreword


Read, subscribe, and comment if you like ^_<


Chapter 1
Imagination

"Look at the zero. I can't believe they allowed him to come here." whispered a girl named Amber. Her mate was a man named Henry. Her ability was telekinesis and his was ice.
"Come on Amber baby, it's school. You know powers don't exist here." Henry said, kissing her on top of her head.
"Zeroes don't exist either, but there is he walking."
There Eunhyuk was walking down the cafeteria, all eyes on him. No matter where he moved, no matter how many times he changed his name, everyone knew who he was. He had just arrived at the school a few days earlier before some boy decided to pick on the new kid. He tried to stay calm, tried his very hardest by running to the bathroom, but then the boy whose ability was basically blowing up, blew the bathroom door right in his face resulting in some very bad bruises. But the bruises he gave the kid made him end up in the hospital. The principal was too afraid to kick him out, instead choosing to use their handy loud speaker as a way for everyone to know that there was a 'zero' in their school and with all eyes on him and the small bruise still visible on his face, they knew it was him and so he was alienated.
His eyes darted across searching for a table and he finally found one after twenty minutes of walking in circles and hearing whispered curses being thrown at him. He sat down and dug into his turkey sandwich.
"Hey there, I'm Donghae~"
Eunhyuk choked on his sandwich and was given a carton of milk by an invisible hand.
"Thank you" he said and drank it, smiling on the inside because of the strawberry contents before choking slightly again after realizing he grabbed milk from a ghost.
"G-ghost!" He exclaimed, pointing to the spot where he was given the milk.
Donghae entered the cafeteria through the window using his abilities to guide him down. He sat down a few inches away from Eunhyuk. "As I said, I'm Donghae. No, there are no ghosts, just Sungmin who is testing his boyfriend's abilities. He can turn invisible which is why you thought he was a ghost, his boyfriend, Kyuhyun can sense auras which is how he always finds him."
Eunhuyk finally calmed down, wiping his face with a napkin to clean up the bits of milk leftover. "Then are you invisible too?"
"No silly. I can control plants, that's how you didn't see me, I was outside on the tree." Eunhyuk blushed feeling stupid after asking such a question. Duh. How can there be two invisible people? Everyone's powers were different. No two people with the same powers existed, unless you were a zero.
"Tree?" Eunhyuk asked while taking another bite to cover up his foolish question. But then he said something stupid again. "I didn't see any trees outside."
"I can control plants remember?" Eunhyuk facepalmed. "I grew it myself. It's an apple tree." Donghae used his ability and a fruit, that was not red nor green nor yellow, was placed in his hands as he smiled widely.
"Then why is it orange?" Eunhyuk asked.
"Orange?" Donghae looked at his hand. "Darn it!" He frowned and gave the orange to Sungmin who was still invisible, but now peeling the orange which creeped Eunhyuk out. After all, it looked like a floating, peeling-by-itself, orange.
"Minnie! There you are. Sheesh. The lunch line was long-"
"Ah Kyu meet...ummm...."
"Eunhyuk. My name is Eunhyuk and you are?" He stuck his hand out for Kyuhyun to shake it.
Kyuhyun looked at it with a stoic face and then turned away. "Not interested. Anyway, Minnie I see you, stop being invisible, I don't like using my powers that much. Some people's auras ." He sat down, tray in hand with his body completely turned towards his boyfriend. Sungmin sensing his boyfriend's frustrations re-appeared in front of everyone and Eunhyuk took to mind how different the two looked. Whereas Kyuhyun was tall, skinny and angry looking, Sungmin was short, a bit chubby, and...cute.
Eunhyuk cleared his throat. "Why are you even talking to me? I'm the Zero or haven't you heard?"
The Kyumin couple's eyes widened in shock while Donghae smiled happily. "Of course I know silly. That's why I want to be friends with you."
Sungmin looked at Donghae worriedly. "Hae"
Donghae nodded his head. "Everyone deserves a chance. Just because they call you zero doesn't mean I will. To me, you're number one already. And that's just for being kind! Imagine how much you can rank up. Next thing you know, I'll call you number 15!" He laughed loudly to himself.
Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun then titled his head wanting him to say something. When Kyuhyun stood quiet, Sungmin kneed him in the shin. "OUCH! Okay." He sighed, rubbing his bruised shin. "Minnie here doesn't talk much to strangers. He's very shy. I guess that's why he was given invisibility. But if anything, he trusts Hae wholeheartedly. They grew up together since Hae was kic- since they were kids. So he welcomes you to the group. By the way there are more of us you'll meet eventually. It's just that they didn't come today, something about training and whatnot."
Eunhyuk nodded his head listening intently, it felt like Kyuhyun wanted to say something about Donghae, but stopped. Either way, he was welcomed and he didn't want to ruin that so he stood quiet.
As the days passed, Eunhyuk met more members of the group and soon enough all of them. There was the HeeTeuk couple which was Heechul and Leeteuk. Heechul controlled fire which matched his bright red hair, while Leeteuk controlled water, thus his short blonde crop. He learned that the hard way when he thought Heechul was a female, and even harder when he thought Leeteuk topped. And then there was the YeWook couple. Yesung had super vision and short jet black hair while Ryeowook had super hearing and short brown hair. Strange combo, but then again he learned they were strange people who touched philtrums and had a huge obsession with giraffes.
"So Eunhyuk, what are your powers if you're a zero?" Heechul asked one day while smoking a cigarette.
They were all gathered at the park. YeWook, HeeTeuk, KyuMin, Donghae and himself. YeWook, HeeTeuk and himself all sat on the grass in a semi circle. Donghae and KyuMin played on the swings.
"Chullie, you know I hate it when you do that. Put it out!" Leeteuk exclaimed. "Fine" He huffed, drew in a deep breathe and then threw the bud to the ground, smashing it with his foot while breathing out. "But I still want to know."
"Ooh I know! I know! Pick me! Pick me!" Ryeowook bounced up and down excitedly.
Heechul rolled his eyes. "Yes Wookie?"
"Maybe he has super strength like how I have super hearing and Sungie has super vision." He said smiling widely.
Heechul reached sideways to pet Ryewook on the head as if that was his prize for getting the answer....
"Wrong. Shindong has super strength and his girlfriend Nari has super speed."
Leeteuk held Heechul's hand in his. "Yes dear, but remember Eunhyuk is a zero, which means he has the same abilities as one of us."
Heechul nodded and kissed Leeteuk's lips gently. "That is why I love you so much."
"I love you too, Chullie~" He kissed him back while Eunhyuk sat and watched Donghae on the swings. He looked so happy...and stressed at the same time. He wondered what was his story.
"-Hyuk"
"Earth to Eunhyuk"
"Hey!" Yesung gently tapped his shoulder. "You zoned out there. Ya never answered Heechul's question."
Heechul followed where Eunhyuk was looking and smirked. "Answer my question and I'll tell you about Donghae." Leeteuk gently nudged his shoulder nodding his head furiously no, but Heechul shrugged.
"I can control the elements." He said while playing with a blade of grass.
"Which ones?"
"All 5. Earth, wind, water, fire, and metal." He said sighing. Leeteuk looked at him with sad eyes. "You don't look too happy though."
"My parents abandoned me when I was 5. I've been in a foster home, but they kicked me out eventually. Ever since then, I've been on my own. People think it's cool to be so powerful, but I don't want that. I don't want the judging, fearful eyes. I just want 1 simple power and a mate." He thought back to Donghae and frowned.
"I know. I saw you with drool halfway down your mouth gazing at Hae." Heechul said.
"You like our Hae?" Leeteuk said sharply. The air grew colder and even Heechul shivered. "Babe. Calm down. It's summer, I should not be feeling like I need 2 jackets on."
Heechul noticed Leeteuk glaring at Eunhyuk and spoke up. "Well YeWook, how about you two go and...look for some ant colony or something ya know? Like way over there where KyuMin and Donghae are."
The couple shrugged and went hand-in-hand to where the others were at.
"I know I shouldn't because he probably has a boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever, but I can't help it. He's an amazing person and somehow he caught me immediately."
Leeteuk growled. Yes growled and ice started forming in his hands. "You.will.not.touch.my.Hae." He said, emphasizing each word by surrounding Eunhyuk with ice.
Heechul was getting cold...and tired. But he knew better than to interfere. Donghae was Leeteuk's baby ever since the accident happened. He was fearful over Donghae and kept an eye on him at all times, always making sure either Sungmin, Kyuhyun or himself was near him. And he knew that right now, Leeteuk's protective instincts were on fire. How ironic.
"Do I make myself clear?"
Eunhyuk cowered and whimpered. "Y-yes."
"Good." Leeteuk said smiling and all the ice instantly vanished. "His mate is....away at the moment, but he wouldn't like for someone to touch what is his."
"His? As in he?"
Leeteuk coughed and his eyes darted away. "Yes. So don't touch him okay?"
"Yeah. I got it" Eunhyuk replied full of sadness. He didn't know why, but he was pulled every second towards Donghae and it was hard enough keeping his distance. But now that he knew he had a mate, according to Leeteuk, a very possesive one. He knew he had to try harder, even if it meant he had to cut their friendship off completely.
Yet his eyes still wandered off to a happy Donghae who was smiling with such radiance, that even from the large distance that was between them, caused him to smile widely too.

 


Chapter 2
Oh No

"Hey Hyuk, you coming over to our sleepover this Friday?" Heechul asked him while they were in a bathroom. He was sitting atop of the window sill while Eunhyuk washed his hands.
Eunyhuyk scrunched his eyebrows and grabbed a paper towel to dry his hands off. "Sleepover? Isn't that a bit-"
Heechul cut him off. "Feminine? I know. It was Leeteuk's idea though."
Eunyhuk looked up at him and noticed how his hair was in a ponytail. Which later on Heechul would reply was also Leeteuk's idea. And a cigarette in his mouth, which Leeteuk was never to know about unless he wanted a plate of fried .
"So ya coming or not? I still have to go to Yesung's house, he was absent today because he got a cold which god-knows-how that happened. That kid is always playing with something."
"Um, I'm not sure." He scratched the back of his neck.
Heechul smirked and jumped off from the window sill. "Donghae's coming. He looooves sleepovers. Which is also why Leeteuk planned one. And you'll get to see him in a tight tanktop and-"
"-I'm going." Eunhyuk quickly replied.
"Heh. I thought you said you weren't sure."
He cleared his throat. "I wasn't, but ya know since everyone is coupled up, Donghae would be alone."
Heechul circled him like a Hyena observing it's prey. "Oh I see. So you wanted to 'couple' up with Donghae." He emphasized the word couple using his fingers.
Eunhyuk blushed a dark red. "No! That's not the reason at all. I just know that he gets lonely."
"Define lonely." Heechul asked.
"W-what?"
"Do you mean lonely as in a bed warmer? or lonely as in he just needs some company?"
Eunhyuk looked down and laughed nervously. "The second one of course!"
Heechul laughed. "Of course you meant warming up his bed. He's a after all."
Eunhyuk squeaked and then ran for his life blushing furiously.
Heechul frowned. "That kid sure can hall . He'll be hard to catch if he gets me angry. Maybe I should work out more?" He turned and looked in the mirror. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt and caught sight of his muscles. Flexing he grinned. "Nah. I look damn good." And walked out the bathroom laughing, before running back inside to dump his cigarette before his boyfriend dumped him.
"So Hyukkie, I heard that you said you were going to Leeteuk's sleepover. Is it true?"
"Jesus, Hae! You scared me!"
Once again, Donghae happened to pop up out of nowhere. Literally. Eunhyuk was sitting on the grass quietly reading a book on elements when a tree suddenly burst up from underneath him, pulling him 15 feet up into the air and causing him to drop his book.
"Oh. Sorry." He pouted, but then suddenly smiled and said, "I've gotten better though right?"
True. Eunhyuk nodded his head. The last time Donghae tried this same trick, Eunhyuk ended up with 50 splinters on his back because a branch went underneath his shirt and lifted him up into the air, scraping against his skin and causing him to yelp very loudly. Donghae apologized profusely as he removed each splinter as gently as possible and said he would do anything to make it up to him.
Eunhyuk's mind went straight to the gutter and he thought long and hard about what punishment to give him. No pun intended. That ended quickly when Leeteuk noticed the y look on his face and sent Eunhyuk slipping in the cafeteria, straight into a trashcan. Donghae ran to help him, but was caught by Leeteuk who distracted him with miniature ice sculptures of fish. Great.
"So are you going?"
"Yeah. I didn't want you to be alone." Eunhyuk said shyly.
"Alone?" Donghae tilted his head. Why would he be alone when surrounded by friends?
"Yeah ya know since your mate is out and about."
"My mate?" Donghe said before quickly covering his mouth. Eunhyuk stared at him questioningly. "I mean yeah, she's been very busy."
Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "She?"
"Uh. Yeah. I got to go. See ya Friday Hyukkie!" Donghae used his powers to lower the branch he was on, down to the ground and then he sped off.
Eunhyuk was flabbergasted. First Leeteuk said "he" and now Donghae said "she", so who was it exactly? A person with both female and male ia? Eunhyuk laughed. He was overthinking things and being nosey. And so, forgetting that he was on top of a 15 foot tree, walked right off....into the ground, face first. He lifted his head out of the dirt and screamed, "DONGHAE!!!" scaring away all the birds.
Finally it was Friday. When he got a mouth full of dirt on Wednesday he wasn't looking forward to Friday, he was looking forward to his three friends, Colgate, Listerine and Irish Spring. But then Donghae hooked his arm in his as he led him to their lunch table full of smiles and unicorns and suddenly, Friday became the best thing ever.
So here it was, the day of the sleepover. Eunhyuk was waiting patiently for Donghae to wash up. They had P.E. and Eunhyuk managed to wash himself first within 2 minutes citing how it was a skill he polished.
"Hae, you take forever! Come on it's been 10 minutes already! I've taken a shower and gotten dressed within 5."
They had to meet up with the gang by the orange tree Donghae created weeks ago at 4 pm. It was already 3:55 and Heechul lacked patience. For Donghae, he would be understanding because of Leeteuk and the fact that he was coughwhippedcough. Eunhyuk? He would burn him alive.
"Sorry. I just finished showering." Said a calm voice and out walked Donghae in nothing but a small white towel covering his lower half. From head to toe he was dripping wet and Eunhyuk gawked at the 8-pack he kept well hidden. Soon enough he was mentally drooling.
"Hyukkie? Hyukkie!?"
Eunhyuk shook his head to wake himself up from his very naughty fantasies and was stunned. Donghae was standing directly in front of him, no more than a few inches between them and his eyes darted towards Donghae's pink lips. He gulped loudly and then Donghae bit his bottom lip and it was all over for him. He grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him in, his lips capturing those pink lips and he was in heaven. At first, Donghae tried to pull away shocked, but then he opened his mouth and allowed Eunhyuk to slip his tongue between his lips. The taste of menthol filled both of their minds and it was addicting.
They both craved more and soon enough, moans filled the air. Their minds were at complete ease. Minutes passed and each time they tried to separate they were brought right back together. It was as if they were magnets. Tongues painted across the caverns of their mouths. The air was growing thicker and without them realizing things were changing around them. Electricity sparkled, all the showers started running and the small windows within the locker room burst from branches growing right through them.
"Donghae!"
They broke apart, electricity tingling between the separation of their lips. The showers stopped and the branches withdrew from the windows. When their minds started working again they looked around to find the room in total chaos, and a very angry Leeteuk looking right at them. His fierce glare was aimed more towards Eunhyuk and he found himself scowering backwards.
"How dare you! I told you to stay away from my baby."
It seemed as if Leeteuk hadn't noticed the room, which only meant he was seeing red and Eunhyuk in the same picture.
Leeteuk's eyes flashed silver and then returned back to their natural brown as Eunhyuk found himself wrapped from the neck down in ice.
"That should cool you down you ert." He grabbed Donghae's hand and dragged him away. Donghae's eyes still gazing into Eunhyuk's and as soon as Leeteuk left, the ice melted. Steam surrounded his body momentarily. He looked to the side and found Heechul standing in the corner of the shower stall smoking a cigarette. Fire surrounded his body and Eunhyuk's mental question was answered as to why there was so much steam in the room.
"How long have you been there?"
Heechul drawled in a long smoke and then breathed out, the fire around his body dissipating. "Long enough to see sparks fly...literally."
Eunhyuk sat on the bench with his hands in his head. "I messed up didn't I?"
"I guess so." Heechul sighed. "Teukie won't be too happy tonight. I'd be amazed if you're still allowed to attend. As you witnessed for yourself his over-protective status for hae."
Eunhyuk looked at him. "Why are you here though? We were supposed to meet up at 4." He looked at his watch. "And it's now 4:15. Wow. I can't believe we made out for...10 minutes."
"Me neither. I came here around 4 looking for you guys, but then I saw you two eye-ing and I decided to smoke a bit. Never knew you had it in you though."
"In me what?"
"To make the first move. I assumed you were a bottom. But the way you grabbed the back of his neck proved that you're a top. I'm kinda proud, kid." He took another long drawl before discarding his cigarette into the water left over from Eunhyuk's grand makeout session.
"Oh god. It was bad enough that Leeteuk saw and now his mate has the entire story start to finish. Great."
"Well. I'd help you out, but Teukie is already calling for me. Maybe I'll see you later. Bye."
And with that Heechul left Eunhyuk to his own thoughts of Donghae's perfection and Leeteuk's punishment later. He sighed heavily and facepalmed.
"What were you thinking Hae!?"
They were sitting outside on a bench. Luckily Leeteuk had grabbed Donghae's clothes so he was able to quickly change.
"I didn't. He grabbed me and it all happened so fast Teukie. I'm sorry."
"Sorry!?" He yelled before taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "He cannot get close to you. This is the last time. You have to separate from him, it's becoming too dangerous."
"But Teukie he's my friend-"
"-I know." He held Donghae's head in his hands gently. "But you will be in danger, not him. I cannot take the risk of almost losing you again."
Leeteuk held Donghae's head against his chest as the latter cried. He didn't want to lose his friend, but Leeteuk was right. He and Eunhyuk could never be friends. There was too much pulling them towards each other which would end up in flames later on.
"Welcome guys to my sleepover!"
Crickets sounded. "Yesung stop making stupid sounds that's my boyfriend talking." Heechul exclaimed and smacked the back of his head. Everyone was sitting on the floor in Leeteuk's living room.
"Ow!" he pouted and Ryeowook kissed his imaginary bruise.
"I wish I had a smoke" Heechul whispered and huffed.
"Teukie, Heechul said he wish he could smoke."
Leeteuk glared at Heechul before smacking the back of his head and he could only pout at Ryeowook who was smirking happily about revenge.
"Okay okay. Now as usual we start off with a movie and popcorn and then move on to truth and dare okay? Now let's watch Wolverine."
Donghae shyly raised his hand. "We're not in a classroom, Hae." Kyuhyun deadpanned as Sungmin snuggled into him.
"I know, but um...Eunhyuk loves Wolverine. So why not re-invite him?"
The entire room went silent as all heads turned towards Leeteuk. Donghae was giving him the best puppy dog eyes he could create and Leeteuk's icy heart towards Eunhyuk was melting....slowly.
"Hae-"
"I know the rules. I am to keep my distance, but he really likes Wolverine and I'm sure he feels left out. If anything, we're the ones making him feel like a zero."
Leeteuk could only nod in agreement before sighing. Donghae was right. They became friends with Eunhyuk and to dump him like that, they were the ones marking him as zero, as someone of no importance.
"Okay fine, but you know the rules! NO touching whatsoever. If you even sit next to each other, I will kick him out you hear me?"
Donghae didn't because he was already running to the door to open it to a pajama clad Eunhyuk with a wolverine pillow in his hands.
"I'm not too late am I?"
"Nope" Donghae beamed. "You're right on time."
Leeteuk's mouth was hanging open. Donghae already knew he would get his way. "Careful dear. You'll get flies in your mouth." Heechul said as he lifted up his mouth to close it and gently kissed his lips. "He's your baby alright. You two act the same sometimes."
"No-no we don't!"
"You always get your way too. Remember last night?" Heechul winked. Leeteuk blushed and turned to play the movie.
"Let's-let's start the movie."
By the end of the movie, both Donghae and Eunhyuk were asleep....next to each other. Leeteuk scowled and tried to pull Donghae away, but Heechul shushed him stating that he might wake him up and then he'll be hyper for the rest of the night. So Leeteuk left him as is. The point was that in the beginning they both sat divided by 4 people; the KyuMin and YeWook couples. Somehow along the way, they ended up right next to each other as Kyuhyun went to the bathroom and then Yesung left to buy more snacks. Each time someone left, they moved closer in, not to be with each other, but to get a better view of the movie. Donghae was a fan of Iron Man, but he couldn't lie that the action packed scenes hadn't left him on the edge of his seat...on the floor. And Eunhyuk, well he loved Wolverine, but he sat all the way at the side of the screen and couldn't see that good because of the semi-glare from how many times someone shut on the kitchen light. Just like that, they ended up right next to each other and by the end, they fell asleep. Not holding hands or on top of one another, but just facing each other and that was enough to upset Leeteuk.
"They're too close."
"Dear, they're asleep."
"I can't take this." Leeteuk stood up and gently shook Donghae to wake him up and then threw a splash of freezing water in Eunhyuk's face. He jumped up screeching and then wiped his face off.
Donghae stretched and then yawned cutely. "What's wrong Teukie? is the movie over?"
"Yes it is. You fell asleep, but it's time to play Truth or Dare."
Eunhyuk stretched and yawned like a wild beast. "That was a great nap. Truth or dare? I love that game. Who goes first?"
Heechul stood up alongside his princess. "Well, rules go that the eldest go first. But seeing at how you're new, how about you start?"
"Really? Okay."
They all gathered in a circle and watched Heechul ask Eunhyuk the most dangerous question: Truth or dare?
"Dare. I like to think of myself as an occassional badass."
Leeteuk sighed. "Not this again."
"What?" Eunhyuk look around at all the sad expressions. "Did I say something wrong?"
Donghae spoke up. "More like you chose wrong. We usually stick to truth for a reason. Chullie always comes up with the craziest dares. One time he dared me to jump off a building."
"Which let's not remind me of." Leeteuk rubbed his temples.
Heechul scowled. "You're telling me. Teukie here made me sleep on an ice bed for a week. I almost got hyperthermia!"
"Oh please you wuss. You control fire. You could've easily kept yourself warm." Leeteuk playfully smacked his arm.
"And risk melting the ice? You'd probably wrap me up in an ice cocoon after that!" Everyone laughed. "Alright. Let's be serious. I've been waiting months for someone to choose dare and I have the perfect thing. I dare you, Eunhyuk, to hold hands with Donghae for the rest of the game."
Eunhyuk gulped loudly and Donghae looked away shyly, before he grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers. "There. Easy enough." If possible, Donghae turned 3 different shades of red before settling on the darkest one. Leeteuk glared at their intertwined fingers and his eyes darkened considerably.
Controlling water, you'd have thought Leeteuk would have a better temper. In fact, he had the worse temper between the two of them. The irony!
"Okay, let's get back to order. My lovely Teukie is next."
"Truth." Heechul frowned. "No fun baby." Leeteuk rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. Next thing you know you'd have me holding Eunhyuk's hands. Uh. No thank you."
"First off-" He grabbed Leeteuk's hand and intertwined their fingers. "-these hands are mine precious. Second off, you are mine. I don't do kindly to sharing. And third off, is is true that you don't like Eunhyuk?"
Everyone gazed at Leeteuk who was left stuttering.
Sungmin spoke up, "Well come on Teukie. You're taking forever. Just say yes, we're all friends right?"
"No." He whispered.
Ryeowook gasped. "He said 'no'!"
"W-what?" Eunhyuk asked. "You don't like me?"
Leeteuk's time was running short. He had to be honest, he only disliked Eunhyuk because of the prophecy, not because he was a bad kid or anything, but he couldn't let that piece of information out. Not even Donghae knew the whole story.
"Because you're a zero." He said calmly.
Collective gasps filled the air. Sungmin was frightened and quickly turned invisible as Kyuhyun grabbed his body quickly to calm him down. Yesung held Ryeowook in his arms tightly.
"I'm a zero." Eunhyuk looked down to the floor. He could feel Donghae's hold grippen as if to tell him he was wanted and loved. But he knew better, after all, Leeteuk resended his invitation.
Heechul could feel the tensions growing and spoke up. "Look Hyuk, you're a part of us. Don't listen to Teukie, he's just a little upset about earlier that's all."
"No. That's not all. You don't have to speak for me Heechul." Leeteuk spoke sharply and it had Heechul's eyes searing at him.
"I get it already. I don't want to cause any problems between you two or anyone else. I'll just-I'll just take my leave."
Eunhyuk tried to release Donghae's hold on him, but he held on tighter. And when Eunhyuk looked down, he could see Donghae's teary eyes pleading with him to stay.
"Hae, please. Let me go."
But Donghae wouldn't. He couldn't ever let him go. There was something about him that kept him holding on, that kept him wanting more. With Eunhyuk around he felt more safe than ever and the most at peace. He couldn't let that go, so he held on with all he had.
"Hae."
Eunhyuk's patience was wearing with Leeteuk's never-ending glares thrown his way. The longer he stayed, the more he felt like a zero. Soon enough he had enough.
"LET GO!" He screamed and the force threw Donghae backwards into the wall. He was knocked unconscious instantly.
By the time he realized what happened, he was surrounded in a block of ice with several icicles aimed at his throat. When he looked around he saw Leeteuk's eyes full of tears and the other couples surrounding Donghae who was in Heechul's lap, his forehead bleeding.
"I didn't-"
"Don't you dare say another word you bastard. I knew this would happen. I knew you would hurt him!"
And that was the last thing he heard before darkness blinded him.


Chapter 3
Sunday

When Eunhyuk woke up he was in a cold, dark room. The only thing he recognized was the searing pain on the side of his mouth. When he tried to touch it, he felt something thick, probably ropes binding him. His legs felt numb for the same reason.
He distinctly remembered what happened and grew anxious. Maybe Leeteuk had given him to the zero hunters? They were a group created solely for the purpose of destroying zeroes. And as far as he knew, he was the only zero that existed.
He pulled and tugged against the ropes eventually falling on his face with a loud groan.
"Oh. I see you're finally awake."
He recognized that voice, it was...
"Leeteuk."
He walked over and pulled him up from the side, inspecting the ropes to make sure they were still on tight. Eunhyuk eyed him, or whatever he could given that it was still dark.
"You're in my basement, that's why it's so dark. My parents went on vacation for a week. You were out for 2 days."
Eunhyuk coughed to clear his throat. It suddenly felt dry. "What about Donghae?"
Suddenly the light switched on and when his eyes adjusted he could see Leeteuk. It was not a pretty sight. The tall blonde was tired, very tired. From looks alone, one could guess he hadn't slept in days, if the dark rings under his eyes were anything to go on. And he could see that he was laying on a dingy bed.
Leeteuk sighed and pulled up a chair. "Donghae is fine. The cut on his forehead will leave a small scar, but he's not complaining."
Eunhyuk studied his face. "Then why do you look so tired and why am I here?"
Leeteuk frowned, got up, and grabbed a knife. Eunhyuk saw it and started panicking. He knew he didn't like him and he hurt Donghae so he would have no problem with killing him. "Okay I'm sorry for asking! Please don't kill me!" He pleaded. Leeteuk stared at him with a curious face and then looked at the knife in his hands and laughed.
"Why are you laughing? You enjoy this don't you!?"
"Shut up." He said and Eunhyuk's mouth closed immediately. "I'm tired because Donghae was unconscious the same as you and I haven't slept watching over the both of you. As for the ropes, it's just because I can." He smirked.
Eunhyuk watched with cautious eyes as Leeteuk approached him and used the knife to cut the ropes off. "He's been asking for you ya know."
Eunhyuk rubbed his sore ankles and arms. "Who? Donghae? Why would he?" Eunhyuk's voice wandered off. "I hurt him just like you said remember?"
Leeteuk smacked the back of his shoulder, Eunhyuk winced. "I know, but I think the bruise you have on your mouth is good enough and I can't keep telling him you left to America. He had a whole fit and claimed that he can feel your presence." Eunhyuk smiled. "So you do care about me." The latter huffed. "As if, I still dislike you and I'm watching you more closely than ever. Try something and I'll-" His eyes flashed silver and then back to his brown color, as he made karate sounds and demonstrated. "Sungmin knows a bit of karate, even though the kid never uses it. He managed to teach me a bit."
Eunhyuk laughed and then they both heard a loud rumble. "Chullie please stop randomly appearing."
Heechul came out of the shadows and kissed Leeteuk on the lips. "Of course my dear." He held onto him by the waist. "How do you feel Hyuk?"
"Like I got beat with a bag of bricks."
Heechul laughed and squeezed Leeteuk's waist, gazing gently into his eyes. "I know my Teukie packs on quite the punch. Thanks for testing his karate skills out, now I know better than to mess with him. But can we please pick up Donghae from the hospital already? Oh by the way Teukie, YeWook and KyuMin gave me the word that they won't be with us today. Both are practicing in the art of gymnastics."
"In bed" Leeteuk deadpanned. "I guess it's just us then. You coming Hyuk?"
Eunhyuk smiled widely. "You called me Hyuk!" He jumped up on nimble legs to hug Leeteuk, but was blocked by a wall of fire that dissapaited as soon as he backed off.
"I appreciate the love and kindness going on, but back off. I may not be jealous of you sardine lips, but it still doesn't give you the right to touch my Teukie." Heechul said as he hugged his lover.
Eunhyuk nodded. "Fair enough. Let's go see Hae!"
"MY Hae." Leeteuk reiterated.
"YOUR Hae. Right."
At the hospital, Donghae was laughing while talking to a male doctor. The HeeTeuk couple walked right in, joining the fun, but Eunhyuk's anger grew.
"Oh Dr. Siwon, you're so funny!" He said and playfully hit the said doctor on the arms. In Eunhyuk's mind the doctor was love gazing at what was his. He pushed the door open and asked, "What's so funny?"
"Hyukkie!!" Donghae threw the sheet off his body and stood up quickly only to collapse into Dr. Siwon's arms. "Careful there, you've still got quite the head wound from falling."
Eunhyuk stomped towards the two and pulled Donghae into his arms who hugged him. "Hyukkie~" He said drowsily.
He glared at the doctor before looking back at the bundle of joy in his grasp and his eyes softened as he placed him back onto the bed.
"Hae, you have to watch your health."
"I agree. You have you a mild concussion. It's best that you rest a bit for the time being."
Eunhyuk looked at Dr. Siwon and then turned back to face Donghae. "Don't worry. I'll stay with you okay?"
"But Hyukkie, what about you? You don't look too good yourself."
"Um..I think it's best if we give them some time alone, don't you think Teukie?" "What!?" Heechul covered his lover's mouth and pulled him outside. "We'll just be right outside, so no funny business sardine."
"Hmm." Dr. Siwon looked at the latter and began to inspect his body. "A few minor bruises, but he'll be good as new!" And then left.
"What was that all about?"
Donghae blushed. "N-nothing". Eunhyuk pouted and crossed his arms. "Didn't look like nothing to me. You're blushing AND laughing." Donghae hugged him. "Looks to me like you're jealous~"
"Am not"
"Are too"
"Am not not not!" Eunhyuk moved in closer to Donghae.
"Are too too too!" Donghae moved in closer to Eunhyuk.
"Am-" They kissed, but separated quickly when the contact shocked them both.
"What was that?" Donghae asked first, but the latter was still wrapped up in his emotions. "More.."
"Hold on Hyukkie wait!" Eunhyuk started kissing Donghae's neck. "Hyukkie stop" When he looked up he saw that Eunhyuk's eyes were dark red and that's when he started panicking. "Stop! Please! Hyukkie!"
Heechul and Leeteuk who were sitting quietly outside heard the commotion and jumped up. They ran to the door, but found they couldn't open it.
"Hae? Hae!? Open the door! Open it!"
Inside, Eunhyuk's abilities were slowly revealing themselves and Donghae found his arms and legs being held by vines. "More...I need more..."
"Hyukkie stop!"
"Chullie! My hae!!" Heechul nodded and used his powers to burn the door. It went up in flames, but diminished instantly.
"What the hell!?" Leeteuk pushed Heechul and froze the door, then attempted to kick it, but alas the same thing happened.
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" They heard a scream inside and tried everything to open the door. Tears were falling heavily from Leeteuk's eyes as he chanted "my baby" over and over.
After a few minutes, the screaming ended and the door opened. What Heechul saw frightened him. What Leeteuk saw made him panic.
After all, Leeteuk was the only one who knew Donghae's entire history....


Chapter 4
Reincarnation

There, was Donghae was completely covered in vines and Hyukjae standing in front, his eyes still red.
Leeteuk ran inside and scrambled to untangle his baby, while Heechul grabbed Eunhyuk and pulled him outside.
"Eunhyuk! Eunhyuk!? Can you hear me?"
Slowly, tears cascaded down his pale cheeks and he turned sharply at Heechul.
"I-is he?" He couldn't finish his sentence. The shock of it all still fluttered within him.
Heechul glanced inside the room. "I'm not sure. It all kind happened too fast." He squeezed his nose with his thumb and pointer finger before sighing heavily.
"I don't blame you. Leeteuk-" He glanced at his lover who was steadily crying, holding a lifeless Donghae in his arms. "-I'm not sure."
Hyukjae crouched holding his head in his hands. "I don't understand what happened. I just couldn't stop ya know?" He looked up at Heechul who crouched alongside him. "It was a pull, so intoxicating, a rush." Heechul peered at his eyes and realized they turned red again so he smacked the back of Eunhyuk's head.
"And I couldn't help myself. Donghae noticed it. He kept pushing me and I'm so sorry." Eunhyuk stood up, slowly backing away from Heechul. "I-I have to keep a distance between us. I know that now."
Heechul could only sigh as the young teen walked absentmindedly, bumping into people and bowing deeply. He nodded his head sadly and turned back to join Donghae and Leeteuk.
A week passed by as Eunhyuk used his ninja skills to avoid contact with Donghae. Of course, the latter knew nothing about what was going on. Sure it was traumatic, but he felt Hyukjae trying to stop himself. It was something neither of them could avoid and he didn't want their friendship to end on such a note.
"Teukie why won't he talk to me?" Donghae slid down a tree branch alongside the group who were all sitting outside, eating lunch.
Leeteuk glanced at his lover who put his arms up in defense saying "This is your job not mine."
"Uh well. It's a very delicate thing. Something that just is and has to be. Ya know?" He quickly munched on an apple.
Donghae looked curiously at him and then back at Heechul who, once again put his arms up saying, "Just because we're lovers doesn't mean I know everything he says."
Donghae shrugged and then reached to grab a fruit cup. When he looked up he saw Eunhyuk who was staring back at him as if in a trance. When he realized that Donghae was staring back, he quickly turned his head and slowly walked away.
"WAIT!" he called out.
The group all stared. Donghae picked up the fruit cup and bowed, saying he will return in a bit.
While running to catch up with Eunhyuk, the latter noticed his speed and began running himself.
"Wait Hyukkie! Wait!" He yelled and then as cliche as it is, tripped over a rock. He did a full body roll as the fruit cup was crushed underneath him. Hyukjae heard the scream and stopped, choosing to look back, but he didn't dare approach him.
On the otherhand, Donghae was pissed. First, he was ignored. Then, he tripped over a stupid rock crushing his beloved fruit cup. And now, Eunhyuk didn't even have the decency to help him.
Laying flat on his back, he stood up on shaky legs and faced Eunhyuk, eyes full of fire.
"I told you to wait!" He lifted one hand and within a split second, Eunhyuk was dangling from a tree branch.
Leeteuk was relaxing in Heechul's arms on the grass when he jolted up, anxiety apparent on his face.
"What's wrong honey?"
Leeteuk didn't speak, but got up and ran as fast as he could to where Donghae was at.
Heechul looked at the other guys, the KyuMin couple had long left for their "extracurricular activities" and YeWook was forever in a different universe as they meditated together, hand-in-hand. He gagged. Damn YeWook. And went off to find his lover.
"Really Donghae!? This was necessary?!" Eunhyuk screamed as he burned the branch off and cooly fell to the ground on a bended knee. Eyes full of anger glaring at the boy.
Donghae was still with a frown on his face.
"I-I didn't mean to do that."
"Yeah right. So what if I ignored you! You're not worth a second of my attention." he stood on two legs and walked towards Donghae. "I may be a zero and mocked by everyone, but what are you? In the negatives of course."
Donghae held his own shoulders, he didn't feel well and the tears filling his eyes didn't help that feeling.
Suddenly like a warrior, Leeteuk appeared wildly in between the two. "Don't you get any closer Eunhyuk." He held his hands up, ready to fight.
Eunhyuk threw his hands up then pointed to himself. "So I'm the one wrong here? I get blamed for every little ing thing that happens! I'm not gonna harm your man-child, Leeteuk." He pointed directly at Donghae. "I want him to apologize and then I'll- OOF!"
A branch whipped against Hyukjae's body, throwing him backwards 15 feet.

"You have a lot of nerve! You're my friend and as much as I don't like using violence, I won't take you talking that way about me!"

Leeteuk could only watch in shock as Donghae defended himself. He knew exactly what it meant, that their bond was growing, but he felt helpless to stop what fate had begun.

Eunhyuk was laying flat on his back, his brown eyes turned black and he jumped up, his arms covered in flames.

Panic set in Leeteuk and within a few seconds, Heechul came running, breathing loudly.

"There you are-" He looked at Eunhyuk's fiery appearance. "-this isn't good."

Leeteuk looked at his lover gravely. "It's started." He grasped at Heechul's waist, holding him tightly. "It's our mission, Teukie. He told us what was necessary. I just never expected it so soon."

 


Chapter 5
Beginning

Leeteuk held onto Heechul as they focused their abilities with their eyes tightly closed. They held hands and Heechul concentrated on the fire surrounding Eunhyuk.

Â
They opened their eyes and counted down from 3.


"3"

"2"

"1"

"AGH!" Eunhyuk fell down to the floor at the same time Donghae did. The fire was extinguished and the vines Donghae grew had shrunken and disappeared.

Heechul collapsed slightly onto Leeteuk's chest.

"Are you okay? I know that took a lot out of you." Heechul looked up into his lover's eyes and gently kissed him on the lips before he regained his balance and they walked towards the two.

Luckily they reacted in time for they had collapsed a few feet away from each other.

Leeteuk looked at Heechul. "It's time we told them right?" Heechul sighed. "Yeah. Before this gets worse."

Â

In Heechul's house, Eunhyuk and Donghae were both tied to chairs by ice and fire. They were wide awake and struggled at first, but slowly understood that there was no escape for them, especially when it came to Heechul's stubborn (fiery) personality.

"So you two are gonna listen to what we have to say alright?"

The duo nodded.

"Good. This might be a bit long and any questions you have, leave them for the end. We're starting from the beginning."

Â

"Many centuries ago, the bonds between humans was created. It was the creation made by a scientist named Hangeng. At the time there was a plague circulating and he worked on the cure. He worked on it alongside his wife, Heenim. They had yet to be affected by it so they used their blood to test it out. It worked, but it altered their DNA and gave them abilities. Unknown to them, Heenim was pregnant. Not yet fully devloped, the cure replicated the embryo's DNA and completely altered the copy while it eradicated the original one.

But it wasn't until a few hundred years that scientists figured out that the altered DNA worked with a mind of it's own and began replicating and dividing itself. They did a study by testing several thousand people over the course of 15 years and found that the replicated DNA in one person matched the replicated DNA of one other person. Out of those people, they were able to match a few hundreds together, but there was an anomaly. One person from the huge group they tested had the second strand of DNA, but not the original.

Yet it wasn't until a few dozen years after that, that they began calling the anomalies, Zeroes because no matter how much they studied them, they could never find a pair."

Leeteuk took a deep breath. "Is there anything you wish to ask, Eunhyuk?"

Eunhyuk stretched his sore neck as much as he could behind the icy bonds and asked Leeteuk, "So that's our history and my history, but what does that have to do with Donghae and I?"

Leeteuk looked back at Heechul who swallowed dryly before nodding.

"Because you are both Zeroes."

 


Chapter 6
Middle

The shocked expression on Eunhyuk's face didn't match Donghae's expression. And before he realized it, the icy bonds evaporated around him.

He looked towards Donghae whose fiery bonds had faded too and frowned.

"Why aren't you as surprised as I am?"

Donghae remained indifferent and instead rubbed his palms against his biceps. "I already knew."

"What?!" Eunhyuk looked at Heechul and Leeteuk who both forced a smile.

Donghae glanced towards Eunhyuk and then looked back towards the ground. "I learned a few weeks before you arrived. It doesn't make a difference though."

"How can it not?!" Eunhyuk got up off of the chair as it fell behind him, he threw his arms up in the air. "We're both Zeroes! We're the same, that means we can-"

"We can't, we never can." Donghae lifted himself up and walked silently up the stairs. Eunhyuk's arms fell down by his side.

"What is he talking about? We're a pair, I found my other half. I can't let this past me." Eunhyuk tried to follow Donghae, but he was held back by Heechul.

"We didn't tell you everything yet."

As they all settled down again, Eunhyuk couldn't help but to fidget. He was anxious. He had finally found his mate and he couldn't stop smiling to himself. He wasn't alone like everyone said. He wasn't alone.

"Zeroes are not mates."

Eunhyuk's head shot up. "W-what?"

Leeteuk firmly grasped Heechul's forearm. "I think this one is for you, Chullie. I'll go see how our Hae is doing." Heechul kissed him briefly on the lips and his eyes followed Leeteuk's retreating figure.

"What's going on? I have so many questions. I just-ugh." Eunhyuk's head fell into his palms as he groaned loudly.

Heechul leaned back on his chair. "Well let's start from where we left off."

Â

Leeteuk knocked gently on the door of the room, Donghae was in; it was a guest room and so he took refuge in it. "Are you okay, Hae?" He frowned when he heard a shaky mumble reply to him.

"I'm fine."

Leeteuk sighed and his eyes turned silver reflecting his abilites as his body formed into a puddle of water and he glided underneath the door and reformed back into his human state.

Donghae looked up and chuckled through tears. "You know I hate when you do that, Teukie."

Leeteuk sat beside his crumpled form on the bed. Donghae was sitting cross-legged with his pillow held tightly between his arms.

"I know kiddo, but you left so suddenly. You of all people know what he's going through now."

Donghae wailed loudly. "I like him so much it hurts! Why can't we hyung? Why! You never fully told me."

Leeteuk pulled Donghae into his arms as he leaned against the headboard. "I'm sorry, Hae." He kissed the top of his head.

"Sometimes things don't go our way. Love doesn't always find a happy ending. Life ends differently for each person. There will always be a beginning, middle and end, but there will not always be happiness. We go through things as an experience. Maybe you'll find someone else in the future."

Donghae pulled away from Leeteuk's arms and crawled off the bed. "There won't be anyone. Most have already found their happy ending. If I can't have mine, then I have to take a chance."

Leeteuk reached out for his young friend. "Please Hae, do not act recklessly."

"I know what I want and I will fight for it."

Donghae walked out of the room leaving Leeteuk blindsided.

After he had left, Leeteuk went downstairs to the kitchen to get them some drinks.

Â

Heechul gently tapped Eunhyuk's thigh. "Are you paying attention?"

"Uh yeah."

"You can sense him can't you?" Heechul looked up towards the stairs. "That's how it starts. Before I even met Leeteuk I could feel him a mile away. It's stronger when he's more emotional. If he's happy, I get giddy. But when he's angry or sad, I can feel the fury rise up inside of me."

Eunhyuk placed his palm over his heart. "That's what I feel now. Fury."

Heechul sighed. "I'm sorry about all of this, I know how badly you want to be with-"

"Hyukkie!"

The duo looked up to find Donghae running down the stairs. The latter quickly jumped into Eunhyuk's arms and kissed him on the lips before pulling away.

Heechul stared desperately into Eunhyuk's eyes trying to send a message to him.

Eunhyuk gently pushed Donghae away.

"What are you doing, Hyukkie? Don't you want this the same as me?" Donghae pouted and Eunhyuk found himself crumbling, but he couldn't. Not after what he just learned.

"Donghae, I don't feel the same way as you. I'm sorry if you misunderstood and I can make up for it somehow."

"Don't lie!" Donghae's emotions sprung forward and Eunhyuk gasped for air. "S-stop Donghae!"

"You let them get in between us!" Eunhyuk fell to his knees. "Ssstop!!"

Heechul reacted and threw Donghae backward into the wall. Donghae fell with a thump and went unconscious. He quickly ran to Eunhyuk and helped the poor guy up.

He glanced towards Donghae's limp form and then back at Eunhyuk.

"I guess I was wrong. You're the weaker one."

 


Chapter 7
End

Heechul helped Eunhyuk up onto his feet as they sat by the couch. Donghae was still unconscious on the floor and Eunhyuk sat, staring at him in despair.

"Leave it be." Heechul said and used his body to block Donghae from Eunhyuk's view.

"I love him."

"I know."

"I want to be with him."

"I know."

"I need him."

Heechul patted Eunhyuk on the shoulder. "Everything you could ever say about your feelings, I already know. Did I not tell you earlier that I feel the same way about Leeteuk? I know you're tired of hearing stories, but maybe it's best I tell you now."

"Tell me what?" Eunhyuk leaned back helplessly. "Unless it's something that is useful to me, I don't really want to be bothered, Hyung. I'm tired." Eunhyuk closed his eyes. "So tired of being alone." He mumbled.

"Trust me you'll want to hear this one."

Â

By the end of Heechul's story, Eunhyuk sat on the edge of the couch with a wide eyed expression. Donghae groaned and lifted himself up as he glared at Heechul. He didn't wake up during the story, but afterwards and seeing the man he loved with such an expression scared him.

Did Heechul say something bad about him?

Â

"Leeteuk and I were once zeroes, Donghae."

Said man gasped and reflected the same expression as Eunhyuk.

"How do you think we know so much? And that we wanted to keep you two separated. We know exactly what happens. For us, we were lucky, but Leeteuk almost died. What you feel now, that powerful pull between you two is that your abilities, your body, are all trying to connect. Your body is trying to fix itself, so to speak, by attaching to another similar to it's own. Like two powerful magnets."

Donghae got up off the floor and walked towards the love seat that was empty beside the large couch. Heechul adjusted himself so that he could see the two boys clearly.

"Where are the others? I haven't seen them in a while. I mean, do they know about...you know, you two?"

Heechul nodded. "We told them a few days prior, which is why they aren't here. They know what we have to do. So they gave us space."

Eunhyuk frowned. "I still don't get any of this." Donghae agreed. "I mean you say you were once zeroes, not that you still are. How did you "fix" yourself?" Eunhyuk asked, using air quotations.

Suddenly Leeteuk appeared with a tray in hand from the kitchen with 4 mugs in it. Two had hot chocolate, one with tea and another with coffee. He promptly handed them out. Eunhae both had hot chocolate, Heechul had coffee and he had tea. He had heard their little fight, but chose to ignore it. He knew Heechul would handle it properly. He could feel it through their bond.

"Ah thank you, Leeteuk." Eunhyuk smiled widely. Donghae thanked him as well and Heechul too. And then he went to sit on the love seat opposite of Donghae.

Leeteuk took a sip of his tea and then began speaking. "Zeroes aren't pairs." He reiterated.

Eunhyuk glanced towards Donghae and then back at Leeteuk. "You already told us that."

"I'm just reminding you." He frowned. "Zeroes aren't pairs. Yes they are attracted to one another, but that's mostly genes and as Heechul bluntly put it, trying to fix itself to adapt. Through adapting, Zeroes pair off with those that are closest to their abilities. In our case, we were polar opposites. Heechul's main ability was always fire and mine had always been ice. Naturally, we had other abilities, but when you..." Leeteuk paused for a few seconds to sip his tea again and then continued. "...when you pair off in a sense, the other abilites are destroyed completely."

Donghae looked over at Eunhyuk who was staring back at him. "What do we do?"

Â

Â

The gang met up the next week around 10 pm in an abadoned lot miles away from civilization. It was a Friday night and they had taken the day off earlier to rest themselves. Heechul and Leeteuk had explained to each of them, not to interfere until the end.

It was going to be a battle to the end.

Donghae and Eunhyuk had spent the week seperated, the others made sure of it. Donghae stayed with YeWook and Eunhyuk stayed with KyuMin. Even at school they made sure to keep their distance. After a few days, the pull was stronger, more intense and it wore Donghae out a few times but they had to keep going. Heechul and Leeteuk insisted countless times that they do so.

The week prior when their conversation had taken place, everything was muddled and then became clear towards the end. Both Eunhyuk and Donghae were terrified, as was Heechul and Leeteuk. For them, the only known case of zeroes "bonding" was their own and anything could happen. Especially with what they were going to do.

Â

"One must absorb the other's powers."

"WHAT?!" Eunhae had jumped up from their seats in shock.

"Calm down you two!" Heechul exclaimed and rubbed his throbbing temples as he leaned back with his legs crossed. "I know, it sounds insane, but it's the only way."

"One absorbs the other's powers and then they cancel each other's out from within." Leeteuk butted in.

Eunhae sat back down, but they were still wary. It sounded dangerous.

"And yes it is dangerous, but no I can not read minds." Leeteuk exclaimed, chuckling.

Heechul faced Eunhyuk. "As the weaker one, you will have your powers absorbed by Donghae who will complete the rest."

"But I thought you said Leeteuk absorbed your powers before!" Eunhyuk yelled. "I won't let Donghae get hurt because of me."

"Shut up you idiot!" Heechul screamed making Eunhyuk immediately calm down. "That was the mistake we made before, I won't tell you how since it's personal, but just know that things will be different." "I hope." He mumbled.

"What do you mean you hope?! I-I can't take that chance."

Leeteuk gazed directly into Eunhyuk's eyes which were glistening with unspilled tears. "If you love him, the way that I truly hope you do, then he can take it. The more love you have between you, the stronger the both of you will be."

Suddenly, Donghae spoke up. "I'll do it."

"H-hae"

Donghae got up and sat beside Eunhyuk. He took his hands into his own and kissed Eunhyuk on the cheek all the while, blushing.

"For you, I'd do anything."

Â

That single quote spoken from Donghae's heart is what gave them the incentive to move forward.

Finally, after one week, the wait was over. Everyone was fearful of what could happen on the inside, but kept warm smiles on their faces.

They all gathered together. Eunhyuk on one side with Leeteuk, Sungmin and Ryeowook beside him. Donghae on the opposite end with Heechul, Kyuhyun and Yesung.

The lovers gazed at each other and their expressions towards one another spoke a thousand words.

Leeteuk and Heechul had been telling Eunhae exactly what would happen, what could happen and what they must do.

No matter what, they couldn't stop. If they ever wanted to be with each other, they had to keep going to the end. It was something HeeTeuk had experienced themselves and when they did, they didn't have anyone to coach them on it. It was wild, intense and because Heechul had out and then woken up later to a bleeding Leeteuk, he never really knew what happened. So they explained what they could from their point of views to try and help the other.

Heechul lifted up his wrist and checked the time on his watch. 10:30. He nodded off to Leeteuk and then told Kyuhyun and Yesung beside him. All of them backed away, at least 20 feet away from Eunhae.

It was time to begin.

Â

"Are you scared Hae?" Eunhyuk called out. They were separated by 20 feet.

"A little." Donghae signled off with his fingers pinched closely together, but not really touching.

They began walking towards each other slowly and the others behind them groaned loudly. There was static surrounding their bodies and filled the air with electricity that was now slightly shocking their friends who backed off more until they were almost 40 feet away.

The closer the got, the more intense the static became. Even the air picked up and everyone's hair and clothes flew wildly against it.

Heechul stared across with squinted eyes as his hair occassionally blocked his view. He couldn't see Leeteuk, so he pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

By the time they had walked a mere 10 feet closer to each other, the air and static became unbearable to take. They fell to their knees and clutched their throbbing heads. The cut on Donghae's forehead was re-opened and bled down the side of his face. The headache became a full blown migraine and the static and wind were whipping harshly against their skin, cutting the surface. Donghae who had worn a short sleeved shirt and skinny jeans, whereas Eunhyuk wore a dark long-sleeved shirt and skinny jeans. Donghae had larger gashes than Eunhyuk and was already bleeding.

Heechul, through the dusty wind, noticed the hesitation and screamed out to them "Keep going!". They had to, or all of it would've been for nothing.

When they tried to get up, they could feel the pressure weighing them down. So instead, they began crawling towards each other. Their hands and knees burned from the rocks beneath them, but they didn't stop.

As they got closer, they could feel their powers slowly spilling and soon enough Eunhyuk's ability of the elements overflowed. The clouds gathered and rain poured heavily upon them. The earth shook beneath them and cracked causing a large split between them. The air whipped harsher until it had formed a tornado around them, throwing the others backwards. His ability over magic caused everything to float in the air, but because of the lack of control they were yanked into the air roughly.

Donghae's own abilities were heightened. Plants shot from between the cracks and followed the pattern of the tornado, winding around it. Heechul's cigarette which had fallen out of his hand when he was thrown upwards, dissolved and bursted into a flame that grew until fire scorched the plants.

It was at that moment that Eunhyuk's eyes widened in realization that Donghae had the ability of fire, the same as Heechul. He attempted to float towards Donghae, but the fire surrounding them made it impossible to pass through.

"Hae!" He called out desperately. "Hae please answer me!"

"Hyuk?" A nimble voice was heard. The full fledged fire dissolved into two, leaving a small passage way for one person to go through.

"Hae, I'm coming for you. Stay right there." He said and tried to push himself through the air to the other side.

Unfortunately, Donghae didn't hear him. As soon as the fire had split, he took the chance to go and when he was halfway on the other side, the fire combined, scorching Donghae's waist.

A loud piercing shriek was heard. The tornado and fire dispersed and everything crashed to the ground. Donghae fell with a thunk, lifelessly onto his stomach and Eunhyuk fell on his back. The others had fell as well, colliding into each other.

Eunhyuk flailed around from the burning pain and called out for anyone to respond.

One by one, the others replied. Sungmin had a broken arm, Yesung's ankle was twisted and the rest had various bruises and aches. But they were all fine.

The only one that didn't reply was Donghae.

Eunhyuk sobbed from his own pain and crawled slowly towards Donghae. The pain was numbing out, but he knew it was badly bruised and possibly bleeding, for his body had skidded a bit when it hit the ground.

"Hae?" He groaned. "Hae?" He was a few feet away from the unmoving body and the air was still significantly thick with dust.

When he finally made it to Donghae, he cried out.

Donghae's waist was completely charred down to the bone. Thick, burnt pieces of flesh hung loosely around his waist and Eunhyuk could see the deteriorating muscles underneath where blood spewed. He swallowed the bile filling his throat and lifted himself up to lift up Donghae's own body slightly to gently turn him around, where he had sat with his legs spread, with Donghae in between.

"Hae" He sobbed. Donghae's skin was cold and hardened. His eyes were wide open and dulled. He held onto Donghae's upper body and then he remembered Heechul's words.

Â

"When you meet, you hold onto each other tightly. It'll be painful, very much so, but you hold on. When you feel the pull at it's strongest, you yank against it, pulling it into yourself."

Â

"I'm sorry Hae. I'm so sorry." He mumbled and lightly kissed Donghae's forehead. He intertwined their left hands. He concentrated his hardest, yet he couldn't feel the pull. He didn't want to believe he was dead so he kept yanking at it, over and over again until his screams filled the air.

"Don't do this to me! Don't!" He pulled again as hard as he could, his tears soaking his face and falling onto Donghae's hair.

"I love you!" He yelled and the tornado picked up full force. It was a small tug against his own, miniscule at most and he screamed with all his might as he ripped it from Donghae.

The rush of powers collided into his body, throwing him backwards away with a yelp from Donghae who fell limp to the floor without a flinch.

Within him, they crashed against each other and Eunhyuk's body was breaking apart on the inside. It was intense and agonizing. Almost like someone was tearing his organs and skin apart with their bare hands.

It continued for a few minutes as his body spasmed uncontrollably until it spewed from his mouth in a blackened gas, causing his body to arch painfully and then it vanished.

The tornado quickly subsided and he lay gasping for air until he passed out.


Chapter 8
Epilogue

                                                       One Year Later...

Â

"So Kyu, what are you guys up to today?" Heechul asked, playing with the olive in his martini.

Kyuhyun sighed and took a sip of his red wine. "Nothing much, Min wants to visit Japan. I kinda just want to stay here."

"Why not though? Yesung and Ryeowook are in Australia and soon Teukie and I will travel to Greece."

Kyuhyun glanced towards Leeteuk and Sungmin's dancing forms and then back at his red wine as he played with the rim of the glass.

"I don't know. Everyone's leaving, but is it right? Ya know after what happened?"

Heechul leaned back in the booth. "It's already been a year. We can't stay locked up over it. What's done is done."

"But Donghae-"

"Hey Hyuk! Come join us!" Heechul exclaimed. Said man, was clad in dark skinny jeans, a deep blue v-neck and a leather jacket. He slid in the booth and cocked his head for the waiter to come.

"I'll have beer thank you. Finally I found you guys. The line outside is long! Thank goodness I'm friends with you, Chul or I wouldn't have ever been able to get in."

Heechul chuckled. "What can I say? I'm a masterpiece on my own."

Eunhyuk smiled widely. "So are you guys gonna heat up the dancefloor or are you planning on sitting here forever?"

"In due time, Teukie and Min are turning it up already. Feel free to join, I want to finish my martini."

"What about Donghae?" Kyuhyun blurted out.

Eunhyuk's expression immediately changed and Heechul smacked the back of Kyuhyun's head.

"Why would you ask idiot!"

Kyuhyun rubbed his bruise gently. "I-I'm sorry, Hyuk. You don't have to tell-"

"It's okay." Eunhyuk mumbled.

Â

The subject of Donghae was never easy to discuss. A year ago when Eunhyuk woke up after the whole fiasco, he woke up alone. He had a few cuts and bruises, here and there, but his injuries were nowhere near Donghae's. His entire waist was seared down to the bone. By the time doctors had gotten to him, he had almost bled out completely. There were lacerations across his chest and small cuts on his face from the gale-force winds. His temperature had dropped to the point of hyperthermia and doctors worked for hours repairing the damage. 

No matter what they did, it was inevitable. Lee Donghae went into a coma.

Â

"I visited him the other day, he's been doing a lot better."

Kyuhyun gnawed on his lower lip. "I'm really sorry Hyuk, I shouldn't have asked."

"It's okay, really." Eunhyuk patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder. "At least he isn't dead right?"

Â

That was the truth. Lee Donghae went into a coma for several months; 5 to be exact. Then he woke up. He had temporary amnesia and it took two months of deja vu, to return his memory. Thus began the process of practicing both movement and his newfound ability.

"It can't be easy though, not when what he has become is what he's most afraid of." Heechul exclaimed.

Donghae's new ability was fire. The very same element that left his waist charred and a thin scar which remained, wrapped around his body. A constant reminder of what killed him for a few moments. It was a very strange occurence, but somehow through the transformation their abilities criss-crossed and entered a new body. Doctors exclaimed that it could've been the heat left over in Donghae's waist that attracted the element to take place. Donghae thought otherwise. It was a battle to train him.

Fire was and has always been a temperamental element. It's fueled by powerful emotions that disrupt the balance of it's host. Donghae full of fear, was a time-ticking bomb. At random moments, even in his sleep, he would burst into flames.

"I intervened, since we share the same ability."

"And what happened?" Kyuhyun asked.

Heechul and Eunhyuk began laughing. "He's perfectly fine you moron. He's in the bathroom." Eunhyuk explained, still rolling about in the booth.

Kyuhyun pouted. "That's not funny, you know. You've kept us out of the loop, and we were busy with college applications."

"Yeah, yeah. He's coming now." Eunhyuk slid out of the booth and walked to gently kiss Donghae on the lips. "How are you feeling baby?"

"Eh a little better. The doctor says I shouldn't drink though."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened as Donghae slid into the booth followed by Eunhyuk. "You-you aren't pregnant right?"

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk and they both laughed. "I wish, my temperature keeps fluctuating because of my ability. It's nothing serious, but until I can fully control it I should avoid alcohol."

Eunhyuk pulled Donghae in closer. "It's okay baby I'll cool you down."

Donghae immediately blushed.

Kyuhyun scoffed. "Or heat him up you idiot." Eunhyuk pouted. "My element isn't fire anymore, it's air." He demonstrated his powers by forming a small tornado with the twist of his pointer finger.

Heechul smiled. "Polar opposites, cute. Anyway, let's get going. The alcohol is setting in and I'm ready to show off my handsomness."

"HA!" Eunhyuk exclaimed and Heechul sent a small flicker of fire towards him, which Donghae evaporated.

"Aww I hate that you can do that, it ruins my charred monkey abilities." Heechul frowned.

"Charred monkey?!"

"Gotta go~"

Heechul slid out of the booth followed by a laughing Kyuhyun leaving Eunhae behind.

"That-that monster."

Donghae quickly kissed Eunhyuk on the cheek. "He isn't serious about burning you ya know."

"Not that. He called me a monkey!"

Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk by the chin and turned his face towards him, examining his features.

"Well sweetie, you kinda look like an ape."

"WHAT!?"

"Gotta go~"

Donghae slid out of the booth and quickly ran to catch up with Kyumin and Heeteuk, leaving Eunhyuk with both hands on his cheeks, mouth wide open in shock.

"HEECHUL WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TEACHING MY BABY?!"

                                                                      THE END

Thank you all for commenting and subscribing. You al truly motivate me to do my best and I hope you were satisfied with the story~! See ya next time~ <3