[intermission] innocent desires

The Lost Kindgom

This is a Sehun/Xiumin side story + a little Suho :)
The story takes place before Minseok's mother falls ill.

+++++++++++

 

It's not rare that Sehun runs away from his lessons.  But now that they are older, Sehun finds that Minseok is, more often than not, away from his room.  Minseok himself is busy - busy helping his mother, busy with lessons, and busy reading in the royal library.  Sehun himself knows for a fact that there is a student scholar that also frequents the library - a scholar named Kim Junmyeon.  Sehun also knows that Minseok and Junmyeon are becoming fast friends, much to his displeasure.

So, it's to Sehun's surprise one day, when he runs away to hide in Minseok's room, to find Minseok there in the middle of the day.  Sehun's face breaks out into a smile but soon, he sees the other person in the room.

"Oh!  So this is the famous Prince Sehun!" exclaims Junmyeon, upon seeing the young prince run into the room.

Sehun frowns.  He knows of Junmyeon because Minseok has pointed Junmyeon out to him several times, but this is the first time meeting face to face.

"Sehun-ah, are you hiding from Scholar Hol again?" asks Minseok.

Minseok's face looks stern and disappointed and this makes Sehun more than a little miffed.  After all, Minseok himself is here playing with student scholar Junmyeon, isn't he?  If Minseok should play with anyone, it should be him.

Sehun turns his head haughtily.  "It is none of your business."

"Ah, missing lessons once in a while isn't so bad, is it?" says Junmyeon good-naturedly.  He bumps Sehun lightly with his elbow, looking toward asking for confirmation.

Sehun contemplates calling for the palace guards to cut off this young man's head as Sehun brushes off his arm, where Junmyeon had bumped.

"Well... maybe once in a while is alright, but..." Minseok trails off.

It's the fact that Minseok acquiesces to Junmyeon that makes Sehun even more upset.

 

 

 

After Junmyeon leaves, Minseok starts to tidy up his room.  They had been discussing some historical documents they had found in the archives.  It had been very interesting because they had been documents sent back and forth by the earlier Kings of the Three Kingdoms.  There was something there that puzzled them, something about a different Kingdom that was never mentioned before in any other document.  However, Minseok guessed that the topic had been a little dry for Sehun.  Junmyeon and Minseok had been in animated talks, leaving Sehun to seethe in the corner.  Sehun had remained in his corner of the room, sulking until Junmyeon had left.

"Why were you in your room alone with student scholar Junmyeon?" Sehun demands, arms crossed over his chest.  He's finally out from his corner.

Minseok turns around with his brows raised.

"Isn't that none of your business, young Prince?" Minseok half-teases, borrowing the earlier words of the Prince.

"It's Sehun!" exclaims the Prince.

"Hmm?"

"I told you to call me Sehun when we're alone!"

Suddenly, everything is so unfair.  It's unfair that Minseok should meet people other than Sehun.  It's unfair that Minseok is too busy to play with Sehun.  And it's unfair that Minseok seems so unfazed when Sehun had missed him so so so much.

At the tears threatening to fall from Sehun's eyes, Minseok lets out a sigh and allows a small smile, putting down the book in his hands.  Little did Sehun know, Minseok had been chastised by the scholars for being so lenient with Sehun.  ("Don't you know that your coddling will only ruin the personality of our future King?!")  Though he knew that Sehun was a good boy despite his mischievous deeds, Minseok didn't want people to think less of Sehun.  So perhaps, Minseok had been a little tough on Sehun these past few weeks.

It's at times like these that Minseok is reminded again that Sehun is only eleven years of age.

As if reading Minseok's thoughts, Sehun says, "I turn twelve next month you know."

"Yes, Your Highness, I do know."

The Prince sports puffed out cheeks at Minseok's reply and Minseok has to hold in the resulting laughter.

"I mean, yes, I do know Sehun-ah" Minseok corrects himself.

Cold looking eyes, even at that age, turn into half moons as Prince Sehun smiles.  Thin arms wrap around Minseok's body, eventually pulling Minseok down onto the floor.

"Come on, Hyung.  Let's take a nap!"

"It's only a little after noon, Sehun-ah."

"After lunch is the best time.  Come on" Sehun insists, tugging.  

The bedding isn't even laid out properly, but Sehun kicks the soft mats haphazardly so that the two boys make it onto padding instead of hard floor.  As always, Sehun nestles into Minseok's chest.  Sehun lets out a content sigh.

"Ah, this is the best" Sehun murmurs.  "Hyung is the best."

The embroidered silk of the Prince's garb rustles as Sehun squirms to find a perfect position.  It's only when Minseok hears the rhythmical breathing of slumber that he allows himself to fall asleep next to the warm body of the Prince.  When Minseok's own breathing falls steady, the younger boy opens his eyes.  He hasn't been sleeping at all, only pretending.  But now, as Minseok sleeps peacefully, Sehun is happy to stare at the older boy's face all he wants.  He traces Minseok's handsome brow with his eyes.  Next is Minseok's nose line and the curves of his cheeks.  Sehun suppresses a giggle when Minsesok mutters something indecipherable in his sleep, but soon, Sehun's pupils unconsciously dilate at the sight of Minseok's pink lips.

There's something alluring about those light pink lips that seem to be plumper than Sehun's own.  The Prince swallows involuntarily.  He knows he shouldn't but... it's not the first time he has given into his desires.  Sehun closes his eyes after making sure that Minseok is still firmly asleep.  Gently and carefully, Sehun presses his lips to Minseok's.  It's an innocent kiss, pressed as lightly as a butterfly's wings on the skin of an angel.  But when Sehun leans back, his eyes grow dark and he wonders why that, as each day passes, he can't help but feel a thirst for more and more.