2. LUCKY

Discography: VOLUME III
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                         LUCKY

artist: Jason Mraz


 

Hi! Here’s part 1. At least we got Yulsic in fiction right? Be Happy always. Comment me your thoughts. :)


 

ㅡㅡㅡ




 

Languidly taking herself out of the damp hammock, Yuri ripped off her crooked sunglasses away from her already aching nose. The sun is barely up and it’s rather uplifting to witness the ball of fire take its place in the sky, although it is amazing Yuri heed no matter to it.


 

“I fell asleep. Sorry,” Finally witnessing the solemn face of her best friend, she balled up her fist and held it up, enough for the other one to punch it sideways.



 

“You expect me to fist bump you after you ditched me?” She haughtily laughed. A chime like giggle, a music to Yuri’s ears. Perhaps it is that time of the year again, wherein she would marvel through her features like a lovestruck fool.



 

“You know Sica I don’t mind coming with you but not on your dates. Do you expect me to be that third wheel?” Yuri dusted off the sand away from her shorts.


 

She counted herself as lucky as she passed her with a steady way of walking, surprisingly these past few unavoidable moments, Yuri could pass as a zombie actor.


 

Or perhaps she is not in the mood to brush her shoulders on top of her feminine and smooth ones. Because after every brushing shenanigans, it would all resort into an explosion of foreign feelings Yuri does recognize quite well.



 

“I want you to be there. See if he is good enough for me.” She bashfully looks at her with her eyes twinkling.



 

“You are good enough. Way too good.” Yuri unconsciously blinked when Jessica’s eyes faltered into an unreadable expression. She caught her tongue with her teeth, slightly biting on it for mere punishment.


 

“What?”



 

“Let’s go. Dinner’s getting cold.”



 

In fact over the course of their push and pull, Jessica had wondered why Yuri is so dense. Attraction is however in that department she is adamantly sure that the tanned woman is breaching her sanity just to stay calm on such instances wherein Jessica gets to advance.


 

Solely with the reason of ual attraction can only be justified when the attraction itself is too close to say or describe it as ual. As such she had fun teasing Yuri at times.



 

“But you are so damn dense.” She huffed whilst following the taller one into the humble home of the Kwons. Her second family.



 

———


 

In the morning she was toppled by Yuri waking her up over a great body slam, just the right force to wake Jessica up. In those several layers of comforters she was greeted by a grin, so beautiful like the morning sun.



 

“Get up now Sica. We need to get into town...w..why?” She eventually stuttered in her words, that cold foreboding eyes of the girl underneath her caused her insides to rush on the nearest terminals of her consciousness, rendering her eyes to dawn on Jessica’s dark brown ones.



 

Subtly taking some rational thinking outside the box, Yuri leaped back, taking herself off from the end. Jessica had this disheveled luscious mop of hair. Her body hidden on her pastel pink covers, she looked like those estranged cocoons in the amazons.


 

Yuri gulped. She never looked different, well her best friend is a gem that she holds dear. Yuri has a few knacks of jokes regarding the information sharing of Jessica’s features over to those hunk bodies that harbours interest on the hot surfer.


 

But enough of that. The moment Jessica fully opened her eyes, Yuri gulped.



 

“It’s 6:30. AM.” She squinted her eyes, almost on the verge of throwing that poor alarm clock at Yuri.


 

“We need to get to town today.” The other girl pouted. Sitting back at the edge of the bed as she caressed Jessica’s toes under the cute covers.



 

“Why?”



 

“I mean we need to go sign up for college and then we could buy some more surfboard wax…” Yuri had some agenda in mind. Come to think of it, she finally gets to open up to Jessica about college.



 

Regardless of what decision her bestfriend might take, they both know that outside the island, is a new world. Yuri wanted to take a step into it. And she would wanted Jessica to be there for her. Even if it is a selfish act to be that controlling. At the end of the day, she will always be just, a bestfriend.


 

It does not help that nowadays Jessica has been really preoccupied in dating the new guy in town, a guy named Taecyeon who only had a nice body to be cooperatively handsome in such ways Yuri felt a tad insecure over.



 

“College?” Jessica asked. Yuri has bowed down in reply, more so she is embarrassed.



 

“It is not really impossible for me to have some dream for myself?” Yuri replied, edged in her shining eyes is the sadness and forlorn.

 

Jessica wanted to say something but what would it be? That selfishness she had gained in having Yuri all by herself is nothing compared to her desire to see her happy. She ended things with Taecyeon a good three days ago and she doesn’t have the heart to tell it blatantly to Yuri that she is somehow ready for the reciprocation.  Not that the little dense dork had said anything but she is certain about something, is that her best friend liked her all along too.


 

Although in quite an unexpected timing of events Jessica is swerved with the dilemma to even try as per which the other side of the boat is currently ready to submerge herself.  How would they sail together if ever the first step of a relationship is currently riding the surfboard, just waiting for that perfect wave of timing? No one is saying anything. Nothing at all.  It is in her nature to be the girl, or yeah, the one who is getting wooed at.


 

She could wait a little bit more.  Reluctantly, Jessica pushed the covers around her.




 

“Come on.”



 

---------



 

Jessica is utterly dead quiet in the car, manually maneuvering the brand new Wrangler off the side of the road Yuri looked at her passenger, intently.


 

“Okay, anything the problem?”



 

Jessica deadpanned her attention towards her, the looming quality of the dead horizon of her attention panged Yuri out of the oblivion. Perhaps, it is not her position to ask what is wrong when the usual Jessica is a passive little she-devil molded into a kiln with ice.



 

“Is there anything the problem?” Came the expected reply of Jessica that caused Yuri to start the car again.  Another few kilometers and they would reach the little booth of college signing just behind the large grocery store Choi Sooyoung’s family, their friend, owned.


 

But Yuri turned back, huffing as a cloud of invisible smoke erupted from her rather tall nose.


 

“Whoa. Aren’t we going to sign up your name up the college entrance exams?” Jessica faced her, her hands clutching the seat belt tight.



 

“Just my name? I should’ve known it by now, you are never going to be there with me.” Yuri says.  Her gloomy exterior forces Jessica to make a reply, but just right when her lips opened for an answer,


 

“Okay, if you think that being with that homeless jock would be enough to stain your future, Do you think he is enough to know everything your high maintenance self would ever demand? If so then I should say my goodbye to you now.” A bombed coined her into a loud slap.  Resonating all through the vast empty body of the car.


 

Yuri stopped the car, and it is evident that she hurt Jessica in the most agonizing way.  Accusing her of something, or did she ever asked the reason why the older woman is fazed with the thoughts of going out he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter