Enough is Enough

Dream High 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What did he told her back then? Love is only an obstacle that put her career at risk. At some point in her life, she just want to believe it and just go with the flows. But then she wanted to be happy. She has everything; money, fame and the luxury of life. But no love. That itself triggered the event 3 and half years ago. She met her and they fall in love. Simple. But beyond that simplicity came the complications. The differences. The invisible wall that built between them holding her from going through.

 

“Tzuyu.” Her thoughts were interrupted when her named was called by her father. Tzuyu can’t face him right now not after her lost yesterday.

 

“Look at me.” He sounded calm but she knew better the rage he’s holding back. She lift up her head and she was right; that murderous looks on his face. She screwed up.

 

“You lost your qualifying open.”

 

“I still qualified dad. I just didn’t get first place.”

 

A loud bang on the desk startling Tzuyu. Yi Tian just slamming his knuckle on the desk out of rage. He’s practically drilling a hole through her head by just his stare.

 

“You broke the record only to lose in the final heat. How is that still make you happy? Here.”

 

Yi Tian threw today newspaper in front of Tzuyu. She didn’t have to read because the headlines were screaming right back at her.

 

Alexandrea; Chou Tzuyu kryptonite?

 

Kazan, Russia – It was a wonderful day for the United States athlete as she bag another success in the women’s 200m butterfly event against her arch rival, the South Korean, Chou Tzuyu. Tzuyu who just broke the games record by an astounding 1.58.80, in the semis was beaten in the final as she came late by 0.2 seconds trailing behind Alexandrea. This is Chou Tzuyu’s second lost against Alexandrea in back to back competition leaving experts with a question in mind; is this the downfall of the South Korean swimming genius? She did qualified but with the likes of Liu Keirin, her another arch rival in Tokyo, Tzuyu needs to step up her game or it could be her last especially after the scandal goes viral.

 

“They are mocking us Tzuyu. Our family names are being troll around because you can’t stay focus.”

 

What can she say? Media, they always turns things around just to sell well. It was unfair for her.

 

“Dad...”

 

“I thought you’ve got over Minatozaki Sana. She left you Tzuyu for the sake of her own self. Don’t waste your time on her.”

 

Tzuyu right eyes twitch and her lips slightly parted as she can’t believe her ears. Did her father just badmouthing her fiancée? She balled up her fist as her eyes turn fierce.

 

“You don’t talk about my fiancee like that dad. You thought I didn’t know what you did back then that chase her away from me?!” She lost her calmness. Rage of years holding back can’t be contain anymore.

 

“You forced her to leave me! For months I hated her because of it! I was so miserable! Can’t you understand?! She makes me happy! Is my happiness means nothing to you and mom?!”

 

She pushed her chair back as she stood up looking mad as hell and what Yi Tian did was just remaining calm again. Tzuyu is practically exhaling smokes from her ears and nose.

 

“Happiness? Did you even know the whole truth Tzuyu? Did she ever told you the whole truth? Yes we made a deal. A deal that she agreed upon.”

 

“She only agreed because you promise not to play dirty! You purposely screwing up  my mind so that I’ll lost that match!”

 

“I did? It was your own choice. You made that decision and she made hers. If you two are really in love with each other, why are you both keeping secrets? What other secrets she’s hiding from you that she didn’t want you to know? Do you even know her past? Do you?”

 

One or another, the fact that his words does make sense is scaring the hell out of Tzuyu. It started because of secrets. Then she remembered the black diary Sana kept away from her. There were too many secrets. She shake her head in disapproval.

 

“I don’t care! I love her! Be happy for me dad or don’t bother at all.” Tzuyu answered as she politely bow in respect as she make her way towards the door. This discussion is going no where. As her hand reaching out for the door knob, Yi Tian called her names. She stopped just to listen.

 

“Ask yourself Tzuyu. Who’s Minatozaki Sana really is? It is okay to doubt me but when you starting to doubt yourself, there’s going to be trouble.”

 

And hell she regrets it.

 

.....

 

Is it wrong for her to wish that Tzuyu would leave everything and come to Paris and be with her right now? She selfishly want Tzuyu to come over and never to go back. But of course, Tzuyu didn’t know about the video that was sent to her. That damned video of her girlfriend kissing Naeun. Jihyo put down a mug of coffee as she settling next to Sana.

 

“Here. Your favourite.”

 

“Thanks.” Came her murmuring as she’s spacing out once again. It became her usual activities once she woke up; staring into nothingness and grieving silently.

 

“Nayeon call me again asking where have you been. You should let her know that you’re staying with me.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“For how long? Thankfully Mina is already back to America. She might eat me alive if she knew that I kind of help you hiding.”

 

Sana didn’t say anything as she sips her coffee. It was a little bitter than her usual morning coffee but it was nice to mend the pain for a while. Jihyo sigh.

 

“What are you going to do now?”

 

“I....I don’t know.”

 

“Sana. You need to stop hurting yourself like this. Do it for yourself. It’s hard for me just watching you hurting.”

 

“You don’t understand.”

 

Jihyo gave up trying to be rational or even understand what Sana meant. As long as the plan is going well then she’s more than happy to let Sana stay in her place. She pats Sana's thigh and smile.

 

“My schedule is a bit pack today so I’ll be back by night I think. Don’t do anything stupid okay? Love you.” She leans forward and kissing the crown of Sana’s head as she gathering her bag and left her apartment. Sana just watch Jihyo body disappear behind the door. The silence came in again. 2 weeks and she had  done nothing at all other than weeping and feeling sorry for herself. She wondered what Tzuyu is doing right now? She must have been so worried but couldn’t come here. Nayeon is for sure going to nag her once she’s back at office. Did Jeongyeon tells Tzuyu that she’s disappear? She might.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter