Chapter 6

Remnants of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What did you say?" Joy raised her eyebrows, asking for a repeatition about what Seulgi said. Does Seulgi even know what she's saying? She thought. 

Seulgi shook her head lightly, indicating that she wanted to set Joy's question aside. 

"He's bowing now." Wendy suddenly muttered on their side. They turned their heads at the same time, looking at Wendy then to where Irene and Donghae are standing. "She's going here now." Wendy said. 

Seulgi jumped lightly to fixed Seulhyun on her arms. The young girl is still sleeping. 

Irene knows Seulgi felt something after meeting Donghae. As much as the chances of them meeting again are low, there are still instances that they will meet again. And they can't stop it. 

"Seul--" Irene hasn't done speaking when Seulgi met her half way and wraps her arm around her neck. 

"It's okay." The taller woman whispered to her. "I understand." Seulgi gave her a comfort smile. And that made her breathe out the air she was holding for so long. Irene sneaked her arms around Seulgi's waist too. 

"Say goodbye to your best friend, to Joy." Seulgi instructed calmly. "To Sunmi." Irene meet her eyes, hesitated. "Go on." Seulgi smiled at her assuringly. "I'll wake Seulhyun before you go so you could say goodbye to her properly." 

Irene still hesitated, then Seulgi kissed her forehead. That gave strength to the shorter woman to move forward. She wants to go but she also doesn't want to go. 

Seulgi laughed at her. "Baby, what's wrong?" 

Irene rolled her eyes when she noticed Seulgi started teasing her. Irene bid her goodbye to Wendy. Her bestfriend hug her tightly one last time. Joy hug her too. 

Joy raised her head to meet Seulgi's eyes. But all she saw was a cry to not tell her wife about her situation. Don't tell her please.

Seulgi's eyes were begging, and though Joy hesitated to do it, because she wants the older woman to know about Seulgi's condition, it's her obligation to follow what her client wants. So, she kept shut. 

Seulgi smiled at her defeatedly. Irene doesn't have to know. She tells herself. She want Irene to succeed so she can succeed, in a different way. 

Sunmi hugged Irene, telling her I'll call you if Seulgi has another woman, and,  take care of yourself.'

The shorter woman nodded, Seulgi was laughing softly at the corner. Then, it hits Irene suddenly. The feeling of nostalgia. The feeling of home. The feeling of comfort. She suddenly hug her lover tightly. She will definitely miss her smell, her warm, her laugh, and her kisses. Her good night talks. Her good morning baby and good night baby. Those things suddenly kicks in inside her. 

"It's okay." Seulgi whispered to her, embracing Irene with her long arms. "You can cry if you want to. I'll cover you." 

And just like that, just like a cue, Irene started crying. Her silent cries turned into loud sobbings. 

Wendy ran to them. She then extended her arms and embraces the family. Joy did the same. Sunmi wants to follow but she decided not to. It feels like she'll crossing the lines. It's family time.

"I will miss you." Wendy pinches Irene's cheeks. "Go. Or you will miss your flight."

"I'll go with you." Seulgi said. She the  waking up her daughter. "Seulhyun, darling? Mommy's go now." She said softly to her daughter's ear. "Wanna say goodbye?" 

Seulhyun immediately woke up. She was finding Irene and felt like she lost her world when she wasn't able to find her. She wasn't fully awake. It suddenly feels heavy inside of her so she started crying. 

"Oh, why, why, why?" Irene suddenly comforted her. Seulhyun hang her arm to her mother. Irene carries her. "What's wrong?" Irene asked.  

"I don't want you to go." Seulhyun said while rubbing her eyes using the back of her hands. Irene's tears started falling again. 

Seulgi laughed at the corner with tears on her eyes. "What did Daddy told you about Mommy going to the US?" Seulgi asked slowly. 

"That's she will fight the monster so the monster won't come after me." Seulhyun explained slowly. 

"That's right," Seulgi get her daughter from Irene's arms and let her stand on the floor. She crouched down to level her daughter's height. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter