Destiny

Wilted Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Luckily Chaewon managed to end her interview safely and actually early than she ever expected. It's barely passed the time for lunch. She still had a lot of time to spend with Yuri till the end of the day. 

 

Plus she will presumably obtain the result of the interview by tonight so she has extra good news to be shared with Yuri. 

 

Chaewon excitedly took out her phone and dialled someone's number. It hadn't even taken a second before the other side answered it. 

 

The girl serenely smiled upon listening to her voice. 

 

Damn. Chaewon was already deep in love with Yuri. 

 

"Are you done with your interview?" Yuri urged without even waiting for any words from the older girl. 

 

Chaewon clearly answered with an eung and Yuri instantly said she would get ready now for their date. 

 

Should she even consider it a date? Maybe a girls' day out would do somehow. 

 

Chaewon then grabbed a taxi to go home. Well, she couldn't go out with her interview outfit right? That's plainly awkward and makes her feel like she somehow a worker when in fact, she has been doing nothing for the past 6 months after she graduated. 

 

The girl reached her house about after 15 minutes she spent in the taxi. She nervously pressed the code for her door and took a step inside her house. 

 

And now, she grasps why she's feeling nervous. Chaewon was greeted by a girl in an orange floral dress sit on the sofa in her living room. She had her hair loose with a simple braid and... it stunned Chaewon, a lot. 

 

"You---you're so," The girl halted her words as soon as she realized she was about to blurt something she shouldn't say. 

 

Yuri frowned to the older girl's reaction but shrugged her shoulders nevertheless, "You should go and get yourself ready. We have a lot to do today," She justly claimed with a dazzling smile plastered on her face. 

 

. Not now dear heart. 

 

Chaewon awkwardly take her leave to her room and she actually spot a dress being put on her bed. She furrowed her eyebrows, headed towards it to have a look on it. 

 

A mint dress laid on her bed and she was reasonably sure it wasn't hers. Chaewon rarely wore a dress, so it would be odd if she ever has one. 

 

"I bought it for you because I think you would look great in it," A familiar voice managed to startle Chaewon that she dropped the dress on the floor. 

 

Her eyes widened while she met Yuri's eyes then quickly picked the dress up as Yuri might get offended with her actions just now. 

 

"H---how did you know I love mint?" 

 

She knows that's really a silly question, but she needs to keep the conversation going. 

 

Yuri chuckled, "We've known each other since a long time ago and you're my closest friend, obviously I know about it." 

 

Friend. 

 

The 'friend' word somehow sounds like a needle pricking in Chaewon's heart. 

 

She knows she was nothing but a friend to Yuri but why she wants more? 

 

Why now when she could most likely have her heart a long time before Yuri met Yena? 

 

Why now only after Yuri at present gives all of her heart to someone else? 

 

It's all too late for Kim Chaewon. She was a little bit too late to have herself in Jo Yuri's heart. 

 

"I should get ready," Chaewon bitterly allowed a smile form on her lips before she went inside the bathroom to change for her outfit. 

 

The two girls decided to grab for a lunch first because Yuri has been waiting for Chaewon so they could eat together. Yuri realized she has not been spending her time with Chaewon when Chaewon was the one who supported her the moment she had no one by her side. 

 

Chaewon stepped in first, introduced herself and offered herself to be Yuri's friend. Yuri owed a lot to Chaewon. 

 

Yuri ended up choosing a pizza restaurant because she's craving for one. While Chaewon who rarely eat pizza, ordered a dish of spaghetti for herself. 

 

As long as it makes Yuri happy, she will be happy as well. 

 

Damn. She really sounds like someone who was madly in love right? 

 

The two shared an ordinary conversation they habitually had before but this time was a bit different. 

 

If before, Yuri would constantly take a look at her phone because she was afraid Yena contacted her but now... she solely focused on Chaewon, and the older girl couldn't deny the fact she's happy with it.

 

Because finally there's no Yena in their conversation. 

 

"Where do you want to go next?" Chaewon had urged, and Yuri clamped her lips, thinking of something. 

 

She placed her fingers under her chin and hummed, "I want to eat ice-cream," Yuri flashed a cute expression towards the older girl and it caused her to blush. 

 

But heck, obviously Chaewon would want to suppress her redden cheeks. 

 

The girl then quickly agreed with her choices and told Yuri it's bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter