Chapter IV

I'm your guardian

Leo just came back from his work, he finds the apartment is dark and quiet. His hand is searching for the switch to lighten up the room.

“Hongbin? I’m home” he calls softly, he bought a snack for Hongbin on his way home and put it on the table. His eyes wander on Hongbin’s bedroom and begin to walk over there. He peeks through the small crack and there is Hongbin sitting on the chair with a book covering his face. Leo chuckles softly and steps inside.

“I thought you were gone”

Hongbin who was too focus on his book jumps on his seat. The book is flying somewhere on the floor and he glares at Taekwoon.

“You could knock first before come in” he is about to take the book back but Taekwoon beat him first.

Leo inspects the cover first as his eyebrows burrowed.

“DOOOON’T” Hongbin screams as he lunges forward to snatch his book back but Taekwoon moves fast so Hongbin falls on his face. Taekwoon ignores him but he laughs anyway.

“I never know that you’re into adult novels” Taekwoon exclaims with a big grin on his face, he turns back and wiggles his eyebrows at Hongbin. The other only scowls and demands his book back.

“So Hongbin? Is this excites you more?”

Hongbin already blushing hard, feeling so embarrassed he quickly hides himself under the blanket.

“I’m sure you do”

Hongbin only grunts. Leo throws the book onto the bed and starts to tiptoe toward Hongbin. He quickly grabs the blanket to reveal the shy Hongbin.

“Noooo” Hongbin howls as his hands try to keep the blanket covering him but Taekwoon is faster than him. He quickly hides his face with his hands and tells Taekwoon to go away.

“Alright alright, I won’t tease you again”

Hongbin believes him just like that, when he looks up he’s meet with Taekwoon hovering above him and his eyes look so intimidating to him.

“What?” Hongbin whispers and tries to look away, but he realizes that Taekwoon is caging him between his strong arms, Hongbin’s mind wanders back to the book that he just read. Hongbin shakes his head quickly, jumps when he hears Taekwoon chuckling in front of him.

“Are you thinking something… dirty now?”Leo loves to , he sees a faint red hues on Hongbin’s cheeks, his fingers itch to touch them.

“N-no” Hongbin closes his eyes as he stutters on his words.

Leo realizes their small distance, did I scare him now? He slowly leans away and clears his throat to gain Hongbin’s attention.

“I bought something for you, think you want to eat it before it turns cold”

“Oh? Thanks” before Taekwoon could say a word, Hongbin already flee away.

 

 

 

“Hyung? Did they inform us something?”

“Well yeah, they actually called me this evening”

“What? What did they say? Did they know where they live?” Sanghyuk gives all his attention to Ken who sits beside him.

Ken sighs and fishes something out from his pocket, a piece of paper, he gives it to Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk snatches it from Ken quickly and without a second thought, he yanks the latter’s arm suddenly.

“Hey? Where are we going?”

Ken just arrived at Sanghyuk’s house, he’s already feeling tired since Hyuk asked him to track that Jung’s house.

“Bring Hongbin back with us”

Ken stops and yanks his hand back, “No. We can’t do that Hyuk-ah”

“What do you mean hyung? He is the Lee Hongbin we both knew, he’s my fiancé, I’m sure of it!”

Ken shakes his head, “don’t you remember? He’s not Lee, He’s Kim and soon to be Jung”

“No”

“Maybe he’s just look alike with our Hongbinnie, or maybe he’s some doppelganger, I don’t know” Ken almost yells exasperatedly, he’s tired arguing this with Sanghyuk, this young man needs to learn something, he can’t always have what he wants.

“Ken hyung! Why are you like this? I’m sure! He’s our Hongbinnie! He’s mine!”

“Han Sanghyuk! Listen to me-“

“No! you listen to me hyung! I am very sure, he is the Lee Hongbin we knew! That guy! Is kidnapping him and maybe gave him some drugs so that he forgot about his past!”

Ken looks at him in disbelief, “are you insane!!! We don’t have any proof to say that he’s Lee Hongbin!”

“Yes! I’m already insane now hyung! How are you feel? When you expecting your fiancé to come home but he got a plane crash and they couldn’t find his body! And with almighty God, I met someone who really looks like my fiancé! But I know! I can feel it that it was him! And he looked scared and lost hyung! I am sure! He’s Lee Hongbin!”

Ken shakes his head, he couldn’t believe this. He knew how stressed Sanghyuk be, but,

“What if he’s already dead from the plane crash? And some fishes ate his body”

“hyung!” Hyuk yells, his tears welled up in his the corner of his eyes.

“sorry hyuk-ah, I just want you to wake up from your dream!

Hyuk is feeling his anger boiled up, he grips the paper harder and leaves Ken alone in the living room. Ken doesn’t stop him, he’ll apologize later after Hyuk calm down, and it’s probably tomorrow.

Hyuk kicks his door shut and punches the wall beside him. he hates it when arguing with his friend, he hates it if it’s Ken hyung, he hates it because Ken was right. Maybe Hongbin’s body is somewhere under the ocean. What if…

Hyuk shakes those bad thoughts off of his head, he can’t believe what Ken just said, he can’t believe that. He’s sure, that it was Lee Hongbin he knew, he can feel it in his heart.

Slowly as he tries to calm himself down, his eyes shift toward their engagement ring.

Yeah, the Lee Hongbin he knew wears the same ring as his, with a letter “H” craved on the inside of the ring. 

 

 

Hongbin always spends his time reading all his novels, but he makes a note to himself to be careful reading the adult novel whenever Taekwoon around. So he would wait till Taekwoon went for work or when he’s going to sleep.

But actually Leo knew it all and he let it go. It’s better than Hongbin asking him to go out again. He doesn’t want to meet with Sanghyuk again. He’s scared if suddenly Hongbin remembers something about his past. He’s not ready for that yet.

Leo runs his hands over his face as he sighs, it’s already messed up. He begins living like a human do. He hasn’t used his power lately or his wings. And he hasn’t see Hakyeon from these past few days. And it’s scaring him. is he slowly turning into a human?

Leo shrugs his shoulders off, he doesn’t care anymore, it’s all about Hongbin and only Hongbin.

Wait, what is this feeling. Leo clutches his chest, his heart is thundering against his palm, why he always feels like this whenever he thinks about Hongbin.

A knock disrupts his thought, he clears his throat before tells Hongbin to come in.

“Am I interrupting something?”

“No, what is it Bin-ah?”

Hongbin walks shyly toward him with his hands are in his back.

“Shouldn’t you go to sleep?” asks Leo curiously, he eyes Hongbin for a moment, the latter seems want to ask a question. He stops before Leo and looks down at his feet.

“Well, if you don’t mind… you said that I… that you’re my boyfriend, and I remembered the other night you said, that I soon to be ‘Jung’”

“Y-yeah?” Leo braces himself for what is coming.

Hongbin looks up shyly, “c-can I kiss you?”

Leo stuns, before he could say a word, Hongbin already postions himself on his lap, arms around his neck, and next thing is a sweet soft gasp coming from Hongbin lips as the latter pushes his lips onto his. It happens too fast, it was only a peck, and his heart keeps thundering inside, he shouldn’t feel that.

“Umm, I thought, a couple do that a lot, so, I thought, you want it but you’re too shy to ask it from me, so, I, um, T-Taek? Are you angry?”

Leo manages to shake his head slowly and let a soft chuckle, “of course not babe, ah I’m sorry for treating you bad, I should have spoiled you more”

Hongbin smiles shyly, “I knew you had spoiled me before, I apologize for couldn’t remember it, but, here, I just realized that I always wear this ring. You’re the best fiancé ever”

Leo’s eyes shift to Hongbin’s right hand and he sees a simple but elegant ring on his ring finger.

“But why don’t you put a “T” letter instead of my initial?”

Leo is silent for a moment, “ah that’s, actually, it wasn’t from me. it’s… it was from your late mother” he sees Hongbin’s face fall so he quickly adds, “but I was going to purpose you that day when you lost your memory. “

“oh, I’m sorry, I thought-“

“I promise to give you the real ring tomorrow night, maybe we could go for a date too to celebrate? Sounds good to you?”

Hongbin smiles a bit, he bit back the tears, why he suddenly feels hurt.