Chapter III

I'm your guardian

It takes almost a week for Leo to finally granting Hongbin’s wish. He’s double checking Hongbin’s outfit with Hongbin almost stomps his feet in annoyance. Leo sighs, ready to hear another comment comes from Hongbin’s lips.

“Yes, yes, now Mister, please take me outside. I’m getting bored here already”

Leo glances up at him before finally finishing tying Hongbin’s sneakers.

“Remember the rules Hongbin?”

Hongbin lifts his arms up exasperatedly, lips begins pouting, “I have said it all for like.. ten times today. Do you really want to take me out or not?” Hongbin asks in annoyance, his patience begins to thin out. But he sees the look on Leo’s face and sighs.

“alright, don’t steal someone’s ice cream, don’t scare the cats or dogs, don’t run and there, don’t talk to the strangers, don’t trust the strangers and, don’t go too far from you” Hongbin says with his index finger up.

Leo nods, a small smile adorning his face.

“Alright, let’s go” he grabs Hongbin’s hand in his and they walks out.

“Yayy, where are we going?” once they sit inside Leo’s car

“where you want to”

Hongbin thinks for a moment, his eyes seems busy scanning around him. it’s pretty cold today.

“Hmm, I really want to go to the bookstore and get us a cup of coffee sounds good to me, what about you?”

Leo only nods in response.

It seems like Hongbin already broke their promises as they steps on the book store. Hongbin who seems so mesmerized by the Christmas decoration on the front door, quickly untangled himself from Leo. He runs forward and starts scanning from one aisle to another. He really looks like a 5 years old, Leo’s thought. But he reluctantly follows after him. He waits till Hongbin’s arms full with novels, with different genres.

“Are you going to read all of them?” he asks as he eyed Hongbin with doubt.

He sees Hongbin nodding his head behind those books, some of it are threatening to fall from Hongbin’s arms.

“Woah, woah, let me help you” he spots something like shopping bag then quickly grabs one. He puts the novel one by one into it.

“Wait, I still need more” Hongbin already gone as Leo about to comment.

Hongbin looks so happy as he helps Leo carrying the box.

“I’m so lucky to have you as my boyfriend” Hongbin says without looking at Leo when they walk toward the latter’s car. But Leo snorts, he couldn’t believe himself that he is doing this. Robbed a bank then used all the money for Hongbin’s happiness.

“What do you mean?”

Hongbin playfully nudges his shoulder, “I can buy anything I want”

Leo snorts, again, this time he doesn’t comment.

“But you know, I’ll leave you once you’re broke”

Still Leo hides his smile as he puts the box down on the trunk. He takes the box from Hongbin’s hands without meeting the other’s eyes.

“I am serious Taekwoon!”

Leo only rolls his eyes and nods, knowing how to annoy Hongbin easily. He walks toward the driver side and hears Hongbin stomps his feet in annoyance, he can imagines the slight pout on Hongbin’s lips, and it’s cute.

“I am serious!”

Leo knows that Hongbin only joking, he know the reason why Hongbin always like that, because..

Leo turns around and walks back toward the sulking Hongbin. He grabs the other’s cheeks and nuzzling his nose onto Hongbin’s.

“Yes sweetheart, but I won’t let you go easily like that. You have to pay the price”

The mischievous smile slowly creeps on Hongbin’s face, “hmm really? How do you do that?”

Leo leans closer and whispers in Hongbin’s ear, “I have my way to make you on your knees Bin-ah” he can hear the gasp escaping Hongbin’s lips. That he knows, he already makes Hongbin helpless against him. He loves to tease Hongbin, loves to see the blushes on Hongbin’s chubby cheeks, so he likes to make the other like this.

“w-what are you talking about” Hongbin manages to whisper even though his legs are about to give up.

Leo leans away, he smiles sweetly to Hongbin and nods his head toward his car, signaling Hongbin to get in.

“Nothing, I’m just kidding. Now, would like to get in so we could buy your coffee?”

Hongbin nods frantically, he almost runs to the passenger side and without a glance he gets in. Leo chuckles, he doesn’t realize that his body also reacts toward their small intimacy earlier.

 

 

 

It almost night when Leo pulls over the car onto the parking lot, it doesn’t on the agenda going to the fancy restaurant.  

“Ah you’re so caring boyfriend” Hongbin says as he takes off the seat belt, he jiggles his feet waiting for Taekwoon to open his door. They walk hand in hand as the waitress greets them.

“Mr Taekwoon? Follow me please” she says in a good manner and leads them to the private area with beautiful scenery around them.

She places the menu onto their table and leaves.

Hongbin looks confused there, he really couldn’t decide so he asks Taekwoon.

“Umm, I don’t know which one is delicious.”

“Everything in here is delicious” Leo says simply.

Hongbin shrugs, he closes the menu and starts looking around them, “I’ll order same as you then”

Leo sighs, yet he order the different dishes for them, so later Hongbin can taste his meal too.

“I told you just same as you”

“Trust me, you’ll like it and you can taste mine too”

Hongbin nods, they talks like usual as waiting for their meals to come. They ends up eating in silence, Leo let Hongbin to get a try of his meal too. As they finishes, the waitress also gives them a dessert and a bowl of some fruits.

“Taek-ah? I’m full already. I can’t eat all of this”

Leo let out a chuckle as he sees how uncomfortable Hongbin looks.

“They don’t tell you to eat all of this”

“B-but-“

“It’s okay Bin-ah. This just an extra”

A minute later, Hongbin bounces on his seat, “I need to pee”

Leo shakes his head at how funny Hongbin acts.

 

 

Hongbin is just about to walk back toward their desk when he bumps into someone’s shoulder hard, making him fall on his back. Hongbin grunts, he hears the stranger says sorry and offers his help but then the stranger stops talking, and suddenly.

“Hongbin? Is that you?”

Hongbin looks up, still feeling pain on his back, he wants to glare to the stranger but seeing how the stranger’s shock expression, he let it go.

Hongbin wants to take the stranger’s hand, but remember quickly his promise to Taekwoon, he quickly pulls himself off of the ground. Avoiding the stranger’s eyes, he’s quickly excusing himself.

“W-wait” the stranger grabs his arm causing him to stop on his track.

He doesn’t turn around to meet the stranger’s eyes, he could feel the stranger eyeing him up and down.

“But please, answer me. A-are you Lee Hongbin?”

Hongbin is feeling confused, he slowly lifts his eyes to meet the stranger’s one. He blinks up, he realizes that he stares too long. The stranger looks quite handsome too, but, oh, Taekwoon’s promise.

He quickly let go from the other’s grip but seems like this man quite strong enough than him.

“Let me go, I’m not L-lee Hongbin” he manages to say that and he stomps the other’s feet hard, making the other reluctantly letting him go.

Hongbin runs to their desk and is greeted by the confused Taekwoon.

“What is it Hongbin? Is something happened? I heard noises there” Leo already pays their meals and tries to see what happened on the other side of the restaurant. But Hongbin grabs him and leads them back toward Leo’s car.

“It’s nothing. Just a stranger tried to talk to me so I, I stepped on him”

Leo can see the fear on Hongbin’s face, he runs his hand on Hongbin’s side as calming him down, “alright, alright, let’s go home, shall we?”

Hongbin nods, but seems like it’s not his luck,

“Hey please, stop! I know you are the Lee Hongbin I knew!” that handsome stranger approaches him again, he doesn’t bother to glance to the driver side, he only focuses on Hongbin, he looks so desperate to know Hongbin’s name.

And then someone is approaching them again, great! Now Hongbin is about to burst into tears, he looks so scared, because he doesn’t know who this person is and suddenly this person knew his name! Hongbin sends a look toward Taekwoon.

“Sanghyuk! He’s not Hongbin!” a blonde guy is trying to get the handsome one’s attention.

So his name is Sanghyuk.

“Tell me your name” Sanghyuk demands with tears already ruining his face.

“Yes, his name is Hongbin. But he is not Lee, he is Kim and soon to be Jung” Taekwoon finally says something to save Hongbin from Hyuk’s grip. It slowly loosens up.

Hyuk searches his eyes to find a lie there but Hongbin turns away, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.

“No! I know it’s-“

“Han Sanghyuk!” All of them now turns toward the blonde guy.

“Get over it! he’s not the Hongbin we knew! It’s just a coincidence that they look alike. Besides didn’t you hear? He’s a Kim and soon to be a Jung!”

Hyuk feels embarrassed, he ducks his head, letting the tears slips past his eyes onto the ground, he nods and sniffs a few times before he take a step back,

“Ah, I’m sorry for making you scared then Hongbin-ssi. And I’m sorry Mr..um Jung, for making a fuss here” he bows toward both of them

“It’s fine, now, will you please let us go? It’s getting cold here”

Hyuk nods, he bows one more time before slowly turns around and leave. The blonde guy also apologizes and gives one glance toward Hongbin before he leaves.

“Get in Bin-ah, it’s getting cold”

Hongbin obeys, Taekwoon is right, he already freezing to death, don’t know from the night air or from the situation he is in.

‘I know what you’ve done, Leo'

Leo stops abruptly and glances around, there, he must Ravi that Hakyeon had mentioned earlier.

Ravi shakes his head at him then leave to follow Hyuk.