Chapter I

I'm your guardian

Leo's pov
I've seen death many times, and I always heard their scream of pain when the grim reaper doing their job. I'm not one of them, I'm just someone's guardian angel. And here I am, waiting for my human to come home. I can sense him from far away, and I can guarantee that he's fine and come home safely. I've been doing this job for like, I don't know, thousand years? can't count it. It hurts when I have to see the human that I protect have to deal with death when the time comes.
Speaking of it, there's him
Han Sanghyuk, 25 years old, working as an actor in Jellyfish company. He's dating his senior/best friend, Lee Hongbin, a year older from him. They are planning to get married this year, and it's already October. I heard that they're talking about that last night, probably they'll be married in this December. 

No one's pov
Hyuk smiles as the maids greet him. He casually throws his coat to the coach near him and walks toward the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. One of his hand is busy scrolling up the phone contact and presses the call button. He walks toward his bedroom while waiting for the other to pick up. And he smiles widely as he heard the person he love greets him.
"Aah, I miss you so much" he said then making a peck sound from his lips.
"I miss you too Hyukkie. Wait for me, kay?"
"Yes babe, what time is your flight?"
"in 15 minutes, I'm already on the line now"
"alright babe, safe flight, kay? I'll get you in the airport"
"alright, bye babe"
"bye" followed with a peck on the phone then he hang up.
It's already midnight, and he'll go to the airport in the early morning. He undresses and just with his boxer then jumps onto his bed for sleep.

 

Hyuk is already asleep. 
It's been 2 hours when suddenly Leo heard screaming Sanghyuk's name. 
Leo look over at the sleeping form on the bed beside him, he seems fine. No, it's not from Sanghyuk then. Leo quickly dissapears and flies up high to looking for the screaming sounds. He hears a loud crash beneath him. He quickly averts his gaze to the grim reapers that already forming a line beside him, then towards the crashed plane on the ocean.
Then Leo hears the slow heartbeat, the familiar smell, that he knows so well. Hongbin.
He quickly dips down and searching for the brunette man. 
"What are you doing!" one of the grim reaper stops him, he blocks Leo's way and Leo clicks his tongue in annoyance.
"I'm saving someone's life"
"No you can't! It's all their time!"
"No! I'm his guardian angel!"
"Haven't you got the annoucement? We already inform you that this is their time!"
Leo without another thought quickly kicks the grim reaper, he follows his senses to search Hongbin in the ocean. He hears many heartbeats but focuses on one man. When he finally spots Hongbin he lifts the man up to his arms and swims faster before another grim reapers spots him.
When he senses that they are safe, he brings Hongbin back to the earth and search for an empty and safe place. He hears soft whimpers as he put Hongbin down. Hongbin's heartbeat become slower and weaker and he knows that Hongbin couldn't make it if he brought him to the hospital. So Leo sighs frustatedly, 
"I have to!" he says then he put all his energy to healing Hongbin with his power.
Minutes passed. Hongbin hasn't wake up yet, but he can sense the heartbeat is going back normal again. 
Slowly Hongbin opens his eyes and blinks consciously.
"W-who are you?" Hongbin asks hoarsely, he tries to get up but Leo quickly hold him down.
'wait? what did Hongbin just say?' Leo stared at him with shock. 
Normally, human couldn't see him but why Hongbin? 
"who are you?" asks Hongbin again
"I'm, I'm... Taekwoon" he tells him a random name.
Hongbin frowns, he glances around and suddenly he asks again, "Who am I?"
Leo is taken aback. 'How can Hongbin get amnesia? perhaps, he got an injury in his head earlier?'
"Your name is Hongbin"
Hongbin nods slowly, he suddenly whimpers again and holds his head saying "hurts" multiple times. Leo puts his hand on Hongbin's head and begin the healing time again.
"ah, now it's better." Hongbin says with a yawn.
"you should sleep"
Hongbin nods in agreement, slowly he drifts to sleep.
'I have to find Hakyeon' Leo thinks, he left and searching for Hakyeon.
He is trembling hard when he finds Hakyeon.
"What's wrong with you?" asks Hakyeon when Leo forced him to follow him.
"Just follow me!"
Hakyeon is Hongbin's guardian angel, of course he thought that the grim reaper already took his Hongbin.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING! ARE YOU INSANE!" hakyeon practically screaming as soon as he sees Hongbin sleeping on the old bed in a small bedroom.
"Ssh! he can hear you!"
Hakyeon gapes at him, "HE CAN'T HEAR US!"
"he can!"
"No Leo! HE CAN'T! HE IS HUMAN AND WE'RE ANGELS"
"SSSHH!" Leo shut him up.
"Taekwoon? is that you?" Hongbin stirs in his sleep and rubs his eyes.
Leo looked at Hakyeon with the "i told you" look and walks toward Hongbin. He assures the younger to go back to sleep and Hongbin obeys.
"What have you done! And who the is Taekwoon!"
"You're an angel, you shouldn't like that. Well, I just save him"
Hakyeon gapes at him again, he looks like he wants to smack Leo's head.
"It's not your job Leo! You can just save him like that!"
"I know but he is.. he is Sanghyuk's fiance"
"And what if it's that? you don't have a right to save him! I'm his angel. But they told me today that it's already his time, so I stick to the rules, Leo! you know our job is only to look out for our human, and if their time has come then we can't stop them. THIS! this is breaking the rules Leo!"
Leo just realized that, Hakyeon is right, he shouldn't have interfere the other's job. Leo slumps down to the floor and buries his head between his knees. 
"What have I done!"
"Leo? I guess, you're cursed now"
"what?"
"if you break the rules, you'll lose your power one by one. And now you can be seen by human, i'm scared, your wings! what are you without your wings"
Leo doesn't answer, he regrets everything now.
"Look, Just leave him here, I'll take care of him here"
"no! what if they.. they find you and they will bring you to the court for breaking the rules"
"It's fine Leo"
"No!" he gets up, "I'll take care of him. besides, don't you already got the new task?"
"Leo?"
"It's fine. it's my fault. I'll take care of this. I'll protect him too and Sanghyuk. It's easy for me, don't worry"
Hakyeon nods slowly, "just call me when you needed help" and then he's gone.
Leo notices that it almost sunrise, he closes the curtain and walks toward the bed. He watches the steady breath on Hongbin's chest and smiles.
"I'll be back Hongbin" he announces and left.

He is back to Sanghyuk's house, he hides his wings back into his body and hears a loud crash beside him.
A middle age woman gasps and shock written all over her face.
Leo raised his eyebrow, he turns to his side but sees nothing except himself and the woman's reflection in the mirror.
wait!
then the woman screams.
Leo quickly ran upstairs to Hyuk's bedroom.
"Hey! who are you!"
Leo closes the door behind him with a loud thump and stared back with a confused Sanghyuk.
"Who the hell are you?!" Hyuk screamed at him.
'They can see me'
Leo quickly runs toward the balcony before Hyuk could catch him and he jumps from the balcony and falls to the ground, he groans in pain, probably he already broke some of his bones. The securities see him and begin run to catch him. Leo thinks he should find an empty place so he can pulls out his wings. He keeps running faster, he almost trips on his feet as he glanced on his back. Lucky him, the road is empty so when he doesn't see them in the back, he pulls out his wings and fly high. He doesn't care if people saw him, at least he is save now.
He folds back his wings as he enters the house.
Hongbin is still sleeping. He walks toward the bed and dips beside him. He slowly lifts his hand and starts rubbing Hongbin's face softly.
"Guess I have to take care of you now" he mumbled softly. He is thinking maybe he should keep Hongbin with him now for awhile, and maybe, trying to live as a human like Hongbin.