NINE

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

The week went by quickly and Saturday came, to quickly for Jungwoo’s liking. Today would determine everything. Today was the day he’d confess to Lucas.

 

Right as he finished getting ready and making sure he looked good, he got a text from Lucas. The text said that he had just got there and is waiting outside.

 

Jungwoo slowly paced himself down the stairs not sure how to feel. He was incredibly nervous, but also really happy. He really just wanted to make the most out of this day. He wanted to be happy, for Lucas, and himself.

 

As he walked up to his front door he took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He prayed the day would turn out fine. A few seconds passed, then he opened the door with a smile.

 

Lucas smiled brightly as well seeing the sight of Jungwoo. He slightly moved to the side and gestured outward, “Let’s go,” he said nodding his head, then began to walk forward.

 

Jungwoo closed to the door behind him, and caught up to Lucas, “So, where are we going?” he asked looking up to Lucas with a grin.

 

Lucas turned to Jungwoo and smirked, “Just wait and see.”

 

After taking a bit of a long bus ride to their destination Jungwoo found himself even more confused about where they were going and what they were going to do. They got off in front of some apartment buildings and there didn’t seem to be anything nearby that seemed relevant.

 

“Okay Lucas?” Jungwoo said taking a hold of Lucas by the arm, “Where the heck are we going?

 

“Don’t worry,” Lucas replied placing his free hand over Jungwoo’s, “We just have to walk a bit now.”

 

The two walked slowly side by side, their shoulders brushing up against each other every once in a while as they walked. This reminded Jungwoo of last weekend when they bought those bracelets. He glanced down to Lucas’s wrist to see if he was wearing the bracelet and he was. Jungwoo took a hold of his own wrist feeling the bracelet in his hands. He realized that he kind of had forgotten about it all week because of all the nerves that were leading up to this day.

 

After walking a bit Lucas suddenly came to a stop, and looked to Jungwoo, “We’re here,” he smiled and pointed out.

 

Jungwoo looked to where Lucas was pointing. There was lots of green grass, picnic tables, and many people enjoying their weekend. They were in front of a park. He wondered what Lucas had in plan for them that day. “It’s a pretty park,” he smiled towards Lucas, “But what are we going to do here?” he asked feeling curious.

 

“A picnic,” Lucas grinned excitedly.

 

“A picnic? A picnic without any food?” Jungwoo said letting out a small laugh.

 

Lucas’s eyes widened and put his hands in the air, “I’m so stupid, I completely forget,” he said panicking as Jungwoo began to laugh, “This isn’t funny. How could I forget,” he said sarcastically putting his hands on his head.

 

“It’s not a big deal,” Jungwoo said calming himself down.

 

Lucas shook his head, “No, no I got this,” He said then quickly took Jungwoo by the wrist and started walking away.

 

Thankfully there was a cafe nearby so the two stopped there. Lucas stopped Jungwoo outside the cafe, and held him by the shoulders, “You stay here I’ll get some stuff for our a picnic,” he said with a way to serious look.

 

Jungwoo let out a small laugh, “We can just eat here.”

 

Lucas shook his head, “Nope, we are having a picnic,” he said then left from Jungwoo’s side to go into the cafe to order some stuff.





 

Lucas walked out with a nervous smile as he held one juice box, and one sandwich in his hands, “I uh, didn’t bring much money.”

 

Jungwoo busted out laughing and held his stomach with his hands, “You- I can’t believe Lucas, you’re so funny,” he said trying to calm himself.

 

“Sorry,” he simply said pouting.

 

“Lucas it’s fine. To be honest, I’d be happy just hanging out with you without even buying anything,” he said after calming himself and feeling for Lucas.

 

Lucas smiled, “Thanks, should we go back to the park then,” he said raising his hand and gesturing.

 

Jungwoo nodded and smiled then the two went on there way.





 

The two found a seat on the grass underneath a tree. It was a bit cooler that day so Lucas had worn a jean jacket, but took it off to use in replace of a blanket. Jungwoo refused and said it wasn’t a big deal to sit on the grass, but Lucas consistently insisted, so Jungwoo gave in.

 

“The least I can do it this,” Lucas said patting the fabric of his jacket as he looked up to Jungwoo waiting for the other to sit down.

 

Jungwoo signed, and let out a small laugh “can we even both fit on there?”

 

Lucas reached up and grabbed Jungwoo’s wrist, “Of course, just sit close to me,” he said then pulled Jungwoo down.

 

Jungwoo fell down gently next to Lucas and their eyes met when he reached the floor. The two were really close to each other, Lucas was practically hugging the other. Jungwoo got shy and turned away, “I can move over,” he mumbled and scooted over a bit.

 

Lucas put his arm around Jungwoo’s shoulders and pulled him back over, “No stay here,” he said slightly pouting, Jungwoo’s ears getting slightly red in response, “Let's eat,” Lucas said holding the sandwich up to Jungwoo’s face.

 

Jungwoo turned back and laughed, “Okay, let's eat,” he said giving into Lucas’s actions.   

 

The two split the sandwich and shared the one juice box. If today were to end badly, he’d sure miss sharing food with Lucas, he thought to himself as he took the last sip of the juice box.

 

Lucas’s eyes widened as he could hear the last sips being taken by Jungwoo, and turned to him, “No! Not the last sip?” he joked and reached out for the juice box.

 

Jungwoo laughed, “ for you,” he teased pulling the juice box away from Lucas’s reach.

 

Lucas leaned forward trying to grab the juice box, while Jungwoo leaned back trying to keep the juice box away. However while attempting to move back further, Jungwoo’s hand that was supporting himself slipped on the grass and he fell to his back, Lucas followed and fell slightly on top of him.

 

The two stared at each other, and Jungwoo’s heart was racing. He wanted so bad to give in to his feelings and just kiss him right then and there, but not yet. The day had only begun, he had to wait.

 

Jungwoo dropped the juice box in his other hand and pushed Lucas off with both hands. Lucas kinda catching himself off guard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter