TEN

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 

 

Mark answered the call, “Hello?”

 

“Mark, I did it. I told him how I felt,” Jungwoo replied his voice shaky.

 

Marks eyes widened. He had completely forgotten Jungwoo was going to confess that day, he was to absorbed with everything that was going on with him, it had completely gone over his head, “Let's meet up right now,” he quickly replied. Jungwoo agreed and he hung up.

 

Mark quickly placed his phone back into his pocket and got up from his seat, he turned to face Sicheng, “I’m so sorry, but something came up,” he said kinda feeling panicky.

 

Sicheng could tell something important had happened, and he felt incredibly worried for Mark, “No it’s totally fine, go ahead and go,” he said shaking his hands in the air.

 

Mark nodded, then quickly turned away, but stopped and turned back before leaving, “I’m glad how things turned out,” he smiled.

 

Sicheng smiled, “Oh, and can we talk about...us next week?” he said kinda feeling shy.

 

Mark nodded, “Of course,” he smiled then quickly left.





 

Mark ran up to Jungwoo’s house, and there, sitting on his porch steps was Jungwoo. He was bent over his knees resting his face on his arms. Mark sat down next to the other and placed his arm around Jungwoo’s shoulders. Jungwoo looked up surprised not realizing Mark had gotten there.

 

Mark glanced at Jungwoo and his heart slightly stung seeing that Jungwoo’s eyes were swollen from crying. He felt sad knowing Jungwoo was hurting and for a second there he swore he might've let out a few tears, but he bit his lip and forced himself to stay strong for Jungwoo. He pulled Jungwoo over a bit holding him closer, and Jungwoo reached his arms around Marks waste into a hug. Knowing Mark was there for him made him feel so much better.

 

Jungwoo let out a few sniffs and tried not to let out any more tears, “It’s hard, but it had to be done,” he said sighing into Mark’s shoulder.

 

Mark patted Jungwoo on his back and leaned his head down against Jungwoo, “Even though I worry about you Jungwoo, I know you are strong, and honestly I’m glad you told him. If you didn’t, who knows how things would have turned out in the long run, it could have been more straining on you,” he said nodding his head thinking to himself, “And you know I’m here for you, so if you need anything, I’ll be right here next to you,” he smiled.

 

Jungwoo looked up with a weak smile, then held Mark tighter, “I’m so glad to have you as a friend,” he said softly.

 

Mark nodded, “But,” he began, “I think we should get you to bed, a nice long night of sleep would be good for you,” he said, then began to peel the other one off himself.

 

Mark stood up from the porch steps and Jungwoo sluggishly got up after with the help of Mark. Mark opened the front door and helped Jungwoo all the way up to his bedroom on the second floor.  

 

Mark plopped Jungwoo down on his bed, then walked over to his dresser and pulled out some pajamas and threw them over to Jungwoo.

 

“Thanks,” Jungwoo said as he took off his shoes, “You going to spend the night here?” he asked.

 

Mark shrugged, “You want me to?”

 

Jungwoo nodded, “please, you can borrow some of my pajamas,” he said with a pouty face.

 

Mark nodded, then grabbed some extra clothes. He went to change into the pajamas in the bathroom, and when he came out, Jungwoo was tucked into his blankets already. His desk light dimly lit the room, and Mark walked over to the other side of the bed and got in under the covers.

 

The two talked a little bit but before they knew it they both had fallen asleep.

 

It was the middle of the night and Mark had woken up to sobs beneath the blanket. It was Jungwoo. Jungwoo was facing away from Mark hiding under the blankets curled up in a ball. Without hesitation, Mark turned over to the other underneath the blankets and moved close to him touching his chest to the others back. Immediately the sobs stopped, as Mark put his arms around the other. Holding Jungwoo close to him he hoped he could be of some comfort. The sobs turned in to sniffs, and soon enough they were back sleeping again.





 

It was Monday and Jungwoo and Mark came into class together a bit earlier than usual. Jungwoo glanced at Lucas’s desk and it was empty. Instead of sitting in his usual spot in front of Lucas’s desk, he walked up with Mark.

 

Mark discussed with his partner a bit about the situation not going into detail and thankfully his partner was nice enough to switch seats with Jungwoo. It was kinda unnecessary but Mark insisted Jungwoo change seats next to him and as far away from Lucas as he could. He felt it was for the best.

 

After a bit, the class had begun. Mark glanced towards the back of the class to see if Lucas had gotten to class and he did. He wasn’t like his usual self and he could clearly see that. Jungwoo, on the other hand, was resting his head down on his desk. He was tired from lack of sleep through the weekend.

 

Soon enough it was lunchtime and students began to leave the classroom to go to the cafeteria, while a few had stayed. Mark turned to Jungwoo and tapped him on the shoulder, “Should we go to the cafeteria?” he asked quietly.

 

Jungwoo hummed, “Should we?”

 

Mark nodded, “let's go, I’ll get you something good to eat,” he said with a smile.

 

The two got up from their seats and began to walk towards the door. Mark glanced to Lucas but noticed he was looking past him at Jungwoo. Mark looked back to Jungwoo and of course, the two were making eye contact. He quickly pulled Jungwoo along and out of the classroom.

 

“Jungwoo,” Mark said with a firm grip around Jungwoo’s arm, “Don’t.”

 

Jungwoo nodded, and looked to the ground, “I know.”

 

When the two reached the cafeteria they were greeted by a large crowd of students, many of which were just waiting in line to get their food. “I think I remember now why we stopped coming here,” Mark said, then sighed.

 

“Forget it, let's just go find a seat. I actually brought some food,” Jungwoo said with a half smile.

 

“Okay,” Mark nodded, “Jungwoo you never fail to have food,” he laughed.

 

The two began to walk back towards the table, passing lots of students along the way. “I think there’s a seat back there,” Jungwoo pointed, a bit ahead of Mark.

 

Mark looked to where Jungwoo was pointing when suddenly he was pulled by the wrist and turned back. It was Sicheng. Jungwoo noticed and turned his attention to the two.

 

Mark’s eyes widened, and his body felt warm. He swallowed, “Sicheng,” he managed to get out.

 

“Who’s that?” Jungwoo said curiously.

 

Mark kinda turned slightly towards Jungwoo, “uh, no one, don’t worry about it, go find a seat,” he quickly said, then turned his attention back to Sicheng.

 

Sicheng furrowed his eyebrows, “Mark?” he said confused.

 

“Sicheng, not right now, please,” Mark replied with a sorrowful look on his face.

 

Sicheng looked to Mark so lost a confused. He didn’t understand. He thought the next time he’d see him they would be all happy to see ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter