Chapter 7

Find me, Romeo

Knowing that Jonghyun would be looking for him, Kibum hugged Romeo tight before he left the room. Although they'd shared a private moment that had felt really good, this was still a public area. It wouldn't look good for either of them if they got caught. All he had to do was get home and dig out his old high school yearbook, and he'd be a lot closer to finding his answer. Filled with excitement and anticipation, he drove home as quickly as he could and climbed to the attic to bring out a dusty box filled with his memories from high school. Keeping aside a few goofy pictures of Jonghyun to give Jinki, he emptied the rest of the box. There it was. The yearbook. Quickly flipping through the faded pages, he struggled to find the picture of the football team, as most of the pages had become severely worn out. He could either spend the whole day separating pages with a ruler, or he could just visit the one person who was known to keep memories carefully. Logic won, and Kibum shortly found himself ringing Jonghyun's doorbell.

"Hello Kibum, It's great to see you"

Following Jinki inside, the impatient Kibum felt like he couldn't wait another minute to find out Romeo's identity. After dutifully presenting the old polaroids of Jonghyun making goofy faces, he felt he could use an ally in his search.

"Jinki, I want to tell you something. I need your help to find someone"

"Who is it?"

"I'm not really sure, but I know that it's someone I used to know"

"Where did you meet them?"

"It's the actor who I shared the stage with. I need to find him, Jinki"

"How can I help?"

"I need Jonghyun's old yearbook"

Jinki and Kibum spent an hour rummaging through Jonghyun's things before they found what they were looking for. Kept in almost pristine condition, they flipped through the pages to find that Jonghyun had gotten signatures of all the members of the soccer team right next to their names, and now that the ink had run, there was no way to figure out Romeo's real name. All they could do was try to imagine how the possible people would have aged, and try to figure out mentally if they were who Kibum had been looking for. Although it was a tedious process, Kibum refused to give up. If only he'd seen Romeo's face. All he could see was his dark brown eyes and longish hair, which would probably fit with half the men in the country. 

"Kibum, I've got an idea. There would definitely be some programs on the Internet that would give you an estimation of how a person would look in the future if you uploaded a picture"

Searching among the rest of Jonghyun's stuff, Kibum found a faded photograph of the men's soccer team which he swiftly scanned and uploaded. With Jinki's help, they were able to enhance the image where they had a 50% chance of figuring out what the person could look like. With his heart beating faster, he opened the link to the enlarged, enhanced image, only to gasp in wonder. The site had also provided a list of celebrities with similar features. At the top of the list was the celebrated artist, Choi Minho.

Choi Minho was someone who had evoked his hidden feelings and brought them back to the surface. However charming he was, there was no way he was Romeo, as Kibum personally knew the art club in his high school. If only he had just accepted Minho's feelings rather than chasing after someone whose face he had never seen. It would have been much easier to have accepted the one who liked him, rather than following the one whom he liked.

Meanwhile, Jinki kept focusing on the expression on Kibum's face as he continued to stare at Minho's picture. This may be the perfect time to get those two together, or atleast to nudge Kibum a little.

"Kibum, why don't we ask Minho to try his hand at creating a portrait that could help us find the mystery guy?"

"I'm not even sure that I want to find him"

"Don't lose hope just yet. Let's try this idea"

Already having second thoughts about this whole search process, Kibum reluctantly agreed to ask Minho to try to do an age progression from an artist's point of view. What worried him was the fact that his heart seemed to flutter a little at the very mention of Minho's name. How on Earth would he be able to explain to Minho about wanting to find someone else, without hurting him? Before he could voice out his concerns, the enthusiastic Jinki had already set up a session for the following day. Filled with dread mixed with a slight twinge of excitement at seeing Minho again, he continued about his day as if nothing had happened.