Chapter 5

Find me, Romeo

Dressed in a black suit and pink tie, Kibum put on his mask and joined Jonghyun and Jinki on their way back to the Opera House. Some genius had picked the same venue for both the play as well as the Masquerade ball which made it easy for them. Careful not to third wheel Jinki and Jonghyun in their black and white couple mask, Kibum started walking around trying to find his mysterious partner. Although he knew it was a gamble to assume that he'd have worn the same mask as the play, he felt it was worth a try. Spotting the familiar Phantom of the Opera style mask worn by someone at the corner of the room, Kibum quickly made his way there only to find that the mask was worn by a teenaged girl.

"Where did you get this mask? I feel like I've seen it before"

"I got it from the actor who played X character in the play earlier. He gave me this mask just a few minutes ago when I went to get his autograph"

So his hunch was right. His partner was here.

"Do you know where he is now?"

"He's wearing a black satin mask with black rhinestones and feathers. I hope you find him"

This made it much easier now that he knew the exact mask that he wore, all he needed to do was ask around and continue his search.

*************************************************************

"He's looking for you, you know. How long are you planning on hiding?"

"I'll let him 'find' me soon, Jinki. Don't worry, I know what to do"

*************************************************************

Kibum spent quite some time just chasing after this person. Who the hell was this guy? It really seemed as though they were playing hide and seek, with the way the guy kept appearing and disappearing. This was the first time in his life that Kibum had ever chased someone and it really annoyed him. Feeling weary and strangely dejected, Kibum gave up and walked towards the stairs that led to the balcony. Leaning against the banister was his partner or someone who professed to be him.

"I didn't think you'd give up so easily, Kibum. I expected better from you"

"Who the hell are you?"

"Come now, don't tell me you've forgotten already. We just shared the stage this morning"

"How can I believe that? For all I know, you could be some kook who's trying to take me for a ride"

"Ah, so you want proof? Sweetly and a little more sweeter...let's see you complete the line, Kibum"

"Whisper my serenade"

"Now that I've proved who I am, if you'd excuse me, there's somewhere I need to be"

"I'm not done with you. Was it you who had sent me all those notes?"

"It was"

Extremely indignant and also rather ashamed that he'd yelled at this guy so much that he'd wanted to leave, Kibum cleared his throat and spoke again.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I really didn't appreciate the whole cat and mouse thing"

He saw the guy relax, and smile slightly.

"They're going to start playing the Waltz now. May I have this dance, Kibum?"

Smiling shyly, Kibum nodded as he was led to a private hall where there was no one except them. Feeling his heart beating louder and louder as they swayed to the music, stepping even closer to bridge the little bit of gap between them. Just this feeling of being close to someone gave Kibum quite a high. Wondering how on earth he had developed such strong feelings for someone whose name he didn't even know, Kibum took a chance at kissed the man lightly. Almost immediately, he found himself being pulled even harder towards the guy, who dipped his head backward and kissed him deeply and intrusively, his tongue touching Kibum's. He ran his fingers through that lush dark brown hair and found himself wondering why he felt comfortable with this person. Almost as if he knew him. More than anything, he wanted to take off that mask, but knew he mustn't at his current state. Breaking free from that spine-tingling kiss, he whispered the one word that he knew would be his undoing. "More"

"Kibum, this isn't the time or place. Are you completely sure?"

"I don't care about the time or place. All I know is that I want you right now"

Kibum felt himself being lifted and marveled at the guy's strength, as he was carried to one of the dressing rooms. The guy locked the door and looked at Kibum with hunger in his eyes, and started removing his tuxedo. Kibum struggled not to drool at his chiseled body as he quickly started removing his own clothes in a hurry. The kiss they shared seemed more frenzied than romantic as if they had both waited for each other for years.