Chapter 1

Find me, Romeo

Sighing, Kibum headed back to the office. Although it was more than six months ago, it still seemed like it was just yesterday when Kibum had got his heart broken. In order to distract his mind, he’d thrown himself, heart and soul, into his work, and was now the owner of one of the top Event Management companies in the country. With his blonde hair, dashing good looks and charming personality, he was never short of admirers, both male and female. However, he would never succumb to any of their advances, as he knew they were only after his handsome face. Although he was happy for Jonghyun and Jinki, he was still hung up on Jonghyun. True, he had never told him how he’d felt. Instead, he had stated that he was happier just living in the moment. Off late, he’d started feeling rather lonely in his big house. Try as he might, but he couldn't force his mind to leave the thoughts of Jonghyun behind. Even if he read a book or watched a movie, he was always tortured by his memories. Fighting his mind’s voice of protest, he picked up the phone to call Jinki.

“Jinki, this is Kibum. I just wanted to check on you”

“Thank you Kibum. I was just about to call you, actually. A friend of mine is interested in having an art exhibition and is looking for a company to help him with the details. Would you be interested? His name is Choi Minho”

After taking down the details from Jinki, Kibum researched the artist before sending him a quick email with his proposal. Choi Minho seemed to be getting rather famous with his abstract style, and Kibum was surprised to find out that he had bought a painting from him many years ago, during his first exhibition as an art student.  From his picture, Kibum noticed that he looked exactly like how one would expect an artist to look. He was wearing a white shirt, with long dark hair, till his shoulders. He was rather handsome, but not exactly Kibum’s ideal type. Not that he was looking for a relationship anyway, but it never hurt to look.

He’d spoken to Minho a few times to confirm the location where he wanted to hold the event. Minho had a rather husky voice which always made him sound as if he’d just woken up, which seemed quite at odds with his formal manner of speaking.

Meanwhile, Choi Minho was in his studio, working hard at his easel to have enough paintings to be displayed. Kim Kibum was as impressive as he’d heard, with him being able to get everything ready in a short span of time. He obviously knew exactly what he was doing, as even the light suggestions given by him were spot on. He had one day left, before the launch, and was rather excited about it, more so about meeting Kibum face to face. He’d spotted a picture of Kibum the last time he’d visited Jonghyun and Jinki, and was rather enamored by him. It wasn’t fate that had connected them, but Jinki who’d insisted on playing Cupid, but he knew he’d have to keep that little detail to himself, lest he angered Kibum who was known for his short temper. Minho’s weakness was blonde men and Kibum was exactly that.

It was the day of the exhibition, and he had got 30 of his best paintings on display. With Kibum making sure everything was according to plan, Minho was sure the day would go well. Kibum looked really handsome in the black suit he was wearing, which made Minho feel a lot scruffier in comparison in a sky blue shirt and black pants. By the end of the day, he’d sold all of his paintings and received orders for more prints than he’d imagined.

Kibum watched as Minho thanked the last visitor to the exhibition. He’d managed to sell everything. Kibum couldn’t help but feel a little proud of how far Minho had come, over the years. He smiled as Minho approached him.

“Thank you so much for your help, Kibum. You even took care of the wine for all the patrons. I really don’t know how I’d managed before”

“It was a pleasure, Minho. I’m glad to see that it went well”

“Let’s celebrate. May I take you out for dinner?”

There it was. That familiar question once again. Kibum was rather tired of rebuffing all of the requests for meals or coffee he’d received. For once, looking at Minho’s earnest smile, he felt very tempted to accept. However, he knew that he wasn’t in the position to get his heart broken again, by catching feelings. Neither could he just play around with Minho and break his heart. Just being in close proximity with Minho for the whole day, made him tingle inside.

“Not today, thank you. Maybe some other time”

Slightly crestfallen, Minho watched Kibum’s retreating back as he walked away. He wouldn’t give up. If Kibum wanted to be courted, then so be it.