5 A Fierce Battle

Crazy Adventure

Alice PoV:

Now we had picked up 5 more people and met up with JB. He took us to a "party room" he had learned about these rooms from a friend of his. "Hmm, weren't you in a place like this with Youngjae of B.A.P while filming celebrity Bros?", I asked when I got a familiar feeling about the place. JB gaped at me: "How did you know?" I looked away: "I have no idea! Where did that random piece of knowledge appear from? I guess I heard it somewhere. A friend of mine is a big fan as well." Yugeum, Mark and Chan broke out in hyenna like laughter. "Did you know JB, Alice seems to have a little crush on you. She convinced us when she recognized Chan, Woojin, Felix, Ji-Sung and Hyunjin as members of Stray Kids. I couldn't hold in my laughter because it was kind of typical of her and when she defended herself she explained that it couldn't be helped since those guys weren't you.", Mark explained. My eyes widened and I could feel my face burning and I bet it was flushed with a red colour. Luckily no one would notice it with all the make up I had put on. JB's eyes widened as well he smiled embarrassed and blushed. "I...well I baked a cake, it's your birthday, so let's eat it.", JB muttered and turned around towards the kitchen. Bambam gaped and bumped Jinyoung's shoulder: "Mom, did you see that? Do you think Daddy might leave us?" He looked up at Jinyoung with wide eyes. The older boy put on a sad face and patted Bambam's arm as he pulled him into a hug: "I'm so sorry little one, but I have a feeling that it might really come to that." Jinyoung shook his head and had tears in his eyes. I was totally awed by his great acting skills! While Mark and Yugeum jumped in as well hugging Jinyoung at that sight of the tears. "Please, don't be sad, Mom! He's not worth it, just forget about him, we will be able to go on! You still have us!", they shouted to cheer up their "Mom". Youngjae and Jackson broke out in laughter and Jinyoung looked shocked as he yelled: "No way! Why should I be the one who is stuck with you guys? That's so unfair!" The laughter got even louder and the guys from Stray Kids joined in while the three boys, who were clinging on to Jinyoung were shocked by those news.

I giggled as well and strolled over into the kitchen. "Please don't mind those stupid things Mark spouted. He totally ripped it out of context. If he bothers you just hit him or tell me to hit him, so you won't get into trouble.", I told JB. He glanced up at me and grinned: "Will you be alright if you get into trouble?" I tilted my head sideways and grinned as well when I replied: "I don't think anyone would actually mind if I did. Trouble can disappear. Like today, I finally found new friends. And reconnected with old ones." JB nodded: "Yeah, the Stray Kids are cool, they are alright. They might just need more guidance, but when I was their age I was even worse, so I guess they will be just fine. And at that so will you. There isn't that much time left until the finals in March. Don't worry about it." My eyes widened: "March! You just said March! Do you mean March as in March?" JB frowned a little and nodded. "Woohoo! Finals are in March!", I yelled in english, because I was so excited by the news. I started jumping up and down excitedly while Felix frowned and yelled in english as well: "What's so great about finals? They're already in March! There's no point in getting excited about anything! You better start panicking at some point! By the way, your English sounds great." I looked around and saw some confused faces. I decided it would be easier to switch back to Korean, so everyone could follow the conversation and explained: "Well thank you, i appreciate the compliment, but to tell you the truth it would be a shame if my English wasn't good after growing up in LA for the past 20 years. Now about the finals: They're in March! That's just about four to five months left to go! I can't wait for that! In LA the finals somtime between June and August, so I can cut about four months. After all I'm just attending the lessons, so I have enough attendance to graduate." I jumped around and danced excitedly. JB broke out in giggles and took the cake out of the oven. I took out plates and set them on the table. Everyone followed and we all sat down. I had to blew out candles on the cake and then we ate it. It was crazy great! "Your baking skills are amazing JB!", I told JB and was still totally awed by the cake.

"So you are supposed to be a fan.", Jackson stared at me after finishing his piece of cake. I nodded and he continued: "So how much of a fan are you really? And how come you didn't contact Mark before, if you're such a big fan and a good friend?" Oh I got it he thought I was a fake, he actually thought I was trying to get close to Mark for the sake of fame. I grinned and answered: "I'm enough of a fan, to beat you at a random dance battle." I knew I was full of myself, but I had the confidence to back it up. Jackson gasped for air, then he narrowed his eyes and nodded: "Let's do this!" We stood up and got ready with warming up a little and stretching. Meanwhile Mark, Bambam and Yugeum settled at the music station to play DJ.

Youngjae declared he would be the MC and clarified the rules: "Alright, tonight we will have a random dance battle between Jackson and Alice. The two them seem ready and they are both eager to win! So here are the rules:
1. There will be 20 seconds of the refrain played to let you know which song will come up.
2. The song will be played from the start until one of you makes a mistake or the first refrain is over.
3. The guys that are watching and me will be the judges and keep the score.
Any questions?"


Both Jackson and I shook our heads and Youngjae announced the start: "Ready, set, music cue!" The refrain of the first song came up and it was "Hard Carry" I grinned this one I could do in my sleep. "One point each!", Youngjae announced the music stopped and the crowd (or in our case the judges) cheered. Next up was "Lullaby". I have to admit this was a hard one and both Jackson and I stumbled at some points, but the judges still called it even. It was a fierce battle as the DJs chose songs like: "Just Right", "Stop Stop It", "If You Do" and "Girls, girls, girls". Jackson and I kept the score head to head and I could tell how much it annoyed him. Then a song came on that confused us totally, but I knew it and I knew the dance, so it was definitely possible. Jackson on the other hand looked irritated and I wondered what was wrong. The intro started and I started to dance while Jackson just stood there unmoving, however the song went on and just stopped after the refrain.

"The winner of tonights battle is Alice! She won with "Hellivator" by Stray Kids!", Youngjae announced and everyone cheered. Well everyone except for Jackson. "Yah, Bambam! What was that about?!?", he yelled. Bambam held up his hands and defended himself: "Oi not my doing! Mark-hyung took charge of that one." Jackson's eyes widened in disbelief: "For real Hyung? Why?" Mark grinned evily: "Firstly because you are a sour loser! And secondly it just shows that she is into more than just one K-Pop group. So stop with your worries already. You can test her all you want, but if she wanted fame it wouldn't take her a week to get to the top of the charts and I am willing to take that bet." Jackson frowned: "How am I supposed to test that? And what if she is just after your money?" Now I broke into laughter! Never and I definitely mean never had I heard that one before. Not even by those so called grandparents this morning and they made it seem like we lived in the slums. My outbreak made Jackson even more suspicious and I just said: "Well for the first thing I have to tell you, Mark exaggerated. But I might be able to go viral on YouTube and that is something I could show you at....home I guess? Yeah, I should call it home by now. So later when we get there I can show you. And as for the money part: I don't need it. Believe me if there is something I wanted or needed either someone of my family or I myself would buy it." Jackson looked me up and down, frowned and asked: "How would you be able to pay? It's hard to believe that you would have money other than an allowance?" I giggled and sat down as I explained: "Well I wanted to quit school, because it was boring before. At that time I took a one year leave from school and traveled with my father and uncle on a business trip to Europe. Afterwards I made a deal with my uncle, because I didn't really had any intention of going back to school, after seeing how amazing it would be to work. I started helping him with the accountings and stuff for fun. But I am actually good at those type of things and by now I'm the head of my own department for planing, organizing and structuring the different parts of the company. It's like we are the brain and the different branches of the company are arms and legs and so on. Of course I'm getting payed for the job and the only thing I'm actually paying from that income is the college fee for the online college that I'm attending. By now I have saved up quite a bit of money I would say. It may not be as much as you guys have, Jackson, but believe me it is more than enough." Mark's eyes widened: "That's impressive! Why didn't Jimin tell us anything about that?" "Oh, she doesn't know.", I grinned: "My work for the company is kept secret between Uncle Joe and J and I. Please don't let it slip tonight!" I looked around and saw disbelief in most faces. Only Mark and JB seemed to believe me. I knew why Mark would, since I figured I didn't change much, but neither did he. So we were still on the terms of always teelling each other the truth and we could feel that we did. Why JB would believe me was something I didn't know or get and it made me curious.

 

A/N: I know this is kind of short, but with the ideas that are going on in my head this seemed like the best part for cut.