2 Meetings part 1

Crazy Adventure

When Alice woke up the next day she was overly excited due to the shopping trip she had planned with her mom. What made the morning even better was the response of her grandmother.

Hey, Alice!

Of course we are coming to Korea for Halloween. I mean it is Halloween, what could be more important? It actually fits in great with a few meetings, so your uncle and I will be on a business trip mostly. So don't worry about how and why we are coming. We hope you don't mind us staying at your place. I'm not in the mood for staying at a hotel or something like that. You know how stressing hotels can be.

I’m also really glad you wrote us, because lately I haven’t heard anything from you. Is everything alright? How is living in Korea? Are you getting used to it? I bet you’re trying hard to find friends, but I believe you will find some pretty soon. I don’t want to annoy with my poking around in your business, so tell me about your mom, is she doing alright? She was so irritated the last time I spoke to her, so I’m a little worried. You two are so much alike, she also has a tendency to stand out, so I guess it will take her some time as well until she gets used to being back there. I still can’t believe she didn’t tell me it was her hometown beforehand! I believed her hometown was a few hours away from where the new branch office opened up. If I had known I would have done something about that. I might not be sure what exactly, but something would have been easy to do. *Argh* She is my daughter now as well and I bet she is irritated and tired and hurt down there. I’m actually quite frustrated about all that. I’m the head of the family, I’m responsible for all of you, so I don’t like this arrangement at all.

So here is another thing I’m informing you about: You guys had 6 weeks’ worth of time to get used to living down there and when I come to visit you next week for Halloween I want to see how everything goes and whether you need me or not. So you all better get ready, because my visit and the time I will stay with you are going to be really long! I miss you so much my little troublemaking tornado, so I won’t leave you alone ever again!

All my love,

Your grandma.

Alice quickly printed out the mail, so she could show to her mom and dad before leaving for school. She loved her grandma and she knew everything would be just as the elder woman wrote. Her grandma would come for a visit over Halloween and probably stay with for the rest of her life. Alice’s mom smiled when she read the mail: “I bet she just wants to stay here, because she is bored without us. So let’s try and welcome her here. I miss her as well, especially now that I’m finally myself again.” Alice and her dad grinned at each other and were so happy that everyone was back to normal. Except for the part of Alice which still didn’t want to go school or out at all, but this might change after their shopping tour this afternoon. Maybe all Alice needed to feel more like herself again was something fun and some new monster clothes for the rest of the week.

When Alice got home after school her mom told her some bad news: “Hey sweetie. I’m sorry, but I have some news that might not be too nice, but believe me I’m going to make up for them. So it turns out that my parents actually want to get to know you and they want your first time meeting each other to be on your birthday. I’m really sorry about that!” Alice was a little confused by her mother’s concern, so she wanted to know: “Well, it might not be the best time to meet them for the first time, but I don’t mind. So what is this apology actually about?” “We will buy all the decorations and clothes you want for Halloween today, but we can’t put any of those decorations up until after my parents leave once they met you.”, her mom confessed. Alice was stunned for a minute, then she shook her head and finally nodded. She took a deep breath and then said quiet and slowly: “I get it. But here are my rules: I will wear whatever I want and we will buy all the decorations we need to make this feel like home. We invite my unknown grandparents as early as possible, so they can leave after lunch and then we will put up all the decorations and they will stay that way until Christmas is over. Deal?” Her mom thought about the proposal, then she grinned, chuckled and agreed to the deal. So her mom still loved Halloween as much, as Alice did.

It was a nice day they spent shopping and as the time flew by they had so much fun, even Alice seemed to be back to normal. Maybe it was true, now that her mom didn't care what others thought Alice could do the same and not be afraid that her mom would look bad. "Do think I could wear this vampire outfit after school tomorrow and go play some music in the park?", asked her mom after they had bought a nice black dress and vampire teeth. Her mom thought about it for a moment then she concluded: "Why not? You sound great, so no one should have something against it. If the police sees you pack up and go. Oh and once you're getting ready make sure your outfit fits and no one recognizes you. Sounds good?" Alice nodded excitedly and was overwhelmed by how easygoing her mom was again. Then she looked up at her mom: "Won't you be around tomorrow? It sounded like I would have to make sure of all that by myself." Her mom smiled: "You're old enough and I'm going to look for a studio, so I don't have to work in that cramped space anymore. Oh and I wanted to see in which boutiques I might be able to sell my designs. I mean apart from the usual ones I'm already contracted with." "I guess that sounds good even more with grandma coming and staying for whole while.", Alice agreed and totally overlooked the grin on her mother's face that showed she had surprises planed. Whether Alice liked them or not would be a different issue.

Mark had read the Email at least five times yesterday and couldn't decide whether to answer or not, so he was still staring at the picture of two little children until Jackson bumped into him with his shoulder. "Oi, what are you grinning at so much since yesterday? It's kind of creepy.", Jackson asked curiously. By the time Mark looked up Bambam was standing in front of him: "Yeah, that grin is so creepy it doesn't even make me wanna joke about it." Mark looked around and realized that he might have really been grinning all this time. Well how could he not grin when there was such a cute zombie bride staring at him as frightening as she could while the mummy next to her had a hard time to keep from laughing out loud. "Shut up you two. It's not really creepy. It's just making us curious even more so after your cryptic message yesterday.", JB explained. Mark snickered when everyone was about to annoy him JB would always be there to step in. "So what if I don't want to tell you?", Mark asked with a taunting smile because he knew how much curiosity could irritate people. "Well then it is none of our business and you can keep it to yourself. But if you want or need to share something remember we're here. You are not just a wall we can lean on.", JB told the older boy and smiled reassuringly. Mark smiled as well: "Thanks dad. Although I would have believed it more if mom said it." Mark exchanged a quick grinning look with Jinyoung. "Well I guess I can tell you, after all it's not that big of deal anyway.", Mark began his story. "So before I came here to Korea I lived with my family in LA. In the house next to ours there lived another family and they had a little girl. She is about the same age as my little brother, so she came to play with us a lot. She became another little sister to me. We loved Halloween and always had a lot of fun back then. She was like a tornado and always dragged me into trouble. Her mother was Korean and she helped me a lot. Sometimes I still believe she was the only reason why I got into JYP. I left LA shortly after Halloween back then and by the time I was able to visit my parents in LA not only my parents, but that family as well had moved and somehow the contact to them was lost. Until yesterday at least." "So? What happened yesterday?", Jackson was eager to know the whole story. Mark took a breath and continued: "Well yesterday I looked at my fan mail and found an interest one. It said "Happy Halloween!" although there is still some time left until Halloween itself. So I was curious and this mail just happened to be from the little girl next door. She told me she moved to Korea as well and warned me that her mom was set on getting us back together. And so that I would believe or remember her she sent me a picture of our last Halloween together." Bambam jumped excitedly and shouted: "Awesome! It feels like a story plot from a TV drama." Jackson punched Bambam and said: "Oi you're too loud. I bet there is more to it than just that. After all if she was a fan she could have written him long ago, so why now?" Mark smiled at Jackson, it was so like him to be the mood maker in public but actually worry about everything and nothing all at once. "Yeah Jackson, she seems to be a fan for quite some time now, but she didn't write due to any suspicious reason. As I just told you she wrote me to warn me about her mom. Well she wrote about how fun it would be to meet once again, but I think she doesn't believe that could actually happen.", Mark tried to reassure Jackson. Then Jinyoung said: "So you don't think she did it for money, fame or just to impress her new friends from school?" Mark sighed: "No, I don't think. I know it's not about those things. Her family has money, quite a bit of it actually and I know she has talents, if she wanted fame it would be easy for her to earn it. So for the last part, to tell you the truth I don't think she has made friends with anyone here in Korea yet. Her personality just doesn't fit in." JB nodded: "Alright then, write her an answer and meet up. That way you won't regret not getting back in touch with her." But before Mark could get to writing an answer their manager came into the dorm and announced: "There are changes for tomorrow. JYP wants you to meet someone before you next comeback. I'm not too sure, but it seems like there might be a new designer working with you from now on."

The next morning everyone was nervous about meeting the new designer. A new designer might mean a new look and a new image of the group. They liked their image. They all loved goofing around and how much the groups' image fits their personalities, so hopefully they would just have a new look. The 7 arrived really early, but their boss JYP was already there. So they were all a little confused, but before anyone could ask he already answered the question on everyone's mind: "Your new designer is someone really important, so I'm here to make sure everything is going according to plan. She is already a quite famous designer, at least her labels are. Oh and just so you know I've known her for years now, so you guys better behave. Got it Bambam and Jackson?" The boys just nodded and weren't sure what else to say. JYP seemed satisfied with the answer and left. "No way!", Yugeum mouthed in disbelieve: "There is just no way that someone is going to be our new designer. We are not that special." The others just nodded in agreement and Youngjae voiced his idea: "Well if she is a friend of JYP he might have asked a favor of her. Maybe he wants us at our best for the debut." "Yeah could be something that fits to JYP's style.", Jinyoung agreed. JB just sat down and said: "Well it is quite a turn of events, but let's just go along. In the end it is just the mom of Mark's childhood sweetheart." Mark eyed him and clarified: "She was a sister and not my sweetheart." This remark earned him giggles from Bambam, so he added: "Yah, shut up Bambam!"

The door opened and JYP caught everyone's attention. "Now let me introduce you to Jimin Parker. She is an old friend of mine and she will be your designer from now on.", JYP announced. The lady nodded her head at the boys and introduced herself: "I'm Jimin Parker. It's nice to meet you. So to tell you a little bit about me, although some may already know me. I'm a designer from LA, at least that's where I lived for the last 20 years before coming back here to my hometown due to my husband's work. I have a daughter and she is a great fan of you. So I hope we will take good care of each other." Mark's mouth fell open and he just stared. His unbelieving face looked so funny that Youngjae started laughing. JB looked at Mark and said: "No way! Don't tell me I was right!" He smirked and waited for Mark to say something, but the older boy stayed silent and so he added: "So I was right!" Bambam and Jackson stared at JB as they both gaped: "No way!" Jinyoung walked over to Mark and patted his shoulder: "Don't worry. Now I really do believe that you little sister gave you a heads up. You know it will all be alright, we will back you up." Jimin couldn't hold back her laughter at the boys' reactions. JYP didn't seem to catch up to the events so he asked: "Would anyone care to explain?" Jimin looked at her friend and explained: "It seems my daughter was faster than I was. You may remember the boy talented boy that lived next door to me a few years back in LA?" After JYP nodded she continued: "Well, his name is Mark Tuan and he is a member of a K-Pop group called Got7. I never got follow up on what happened after he became a trainee and just a few days ago my daughter told me about this, when I asked her whether she would like to attend a concert or fan meet or something like that. So I thought how great it would be, to get back in touch with Mark. Or I actually thought it would be great if Alice had a friend here in Korea. Oh and I was sure it would be easy to get those two back together. You have to know they were like siblings back then." JYP grinned and nodded as he finally understood why his friend asked him to let her design clothes for Got7. "Now it makes a lot more sense that you asked for such a favor. I mean in your position it's not exactly a favor anyway, but still it finally makes sense. But why do all of you look so surprised or dumbfounded?", JYP shifted his attention to get more information. JB as the leader stood up and nodded his head, then he answered: "Well, it is because Mark got an email from a childhood friend and as he told us about it he said she was from LA and warned him that her mother might try to get in touch with him. So when you told us we would get a new designer we joked around that it would Mark's childhood friend's mother." JB bowed his head and turned to Jimin, he bowed his head once again and said: "It is nice to meet you. Please take care of us." Jimin smiled and nodded, then she shooed JYP and everyone else except the 7 boys out of the room, so she could have the artistic freedom JYP had promised her.

"So, now that he is gone let's settle down a little.", Jimin began: "As I have already told you I have been living in LA for the last 20 years, so I'm not really adapted to all the formalities here anymore or to be more correct I don't like to use them if not necessary. So I want you to be comfortable around me and tell me exactly what you think and I will do the same." Jimin paused and let her words sink in a little bit, then she continued: "So Mark, you do remember me a little right? So don't mind me too much, because you are still family to me." Mark nodded and Jimin looked around the room and grinned: "You guys don't need to worry, you all will be family soon enough." Jackson raised his hand and asked after Jimin gave him a sign to speak: "So you want us to just be ourselves? And you don't intend to use formalities?" "Yes, you got that right, but be careful, because I will do the same and you might not like it. Any other questions?" "Yes!", Mark finally spoke up: "What about Alice I didn't have a chance to reply yet, so what do you intend to do?" Jimin grinned mischievously: "You just know me too well. I bet she told you she doesn't really get along with living here right? She has a hard time making friends, but I bet she would get along with you just fine. So I would actually love it if you would attend the surprise party on Halloween. It would be great to get her spirit back up after her first meeting with my parents." Mark nodded he, because he remembered that Jimin wasn't on good terms with her parents. Then he thought about the party and the email he received and said: "Let's play a song for her as a prasent, she will love that. After all it is one of her crazy daydreaming ideas, but I think there has never been a daydream idea that she tried to make reality at least back when we were small. It got us into trouble most of the time, but I think this time it would just be fun." "Oh! Great idea! That will be fun! I hope you guys are ready to meet the world most famous living tornado on the most important day of the year!", Jimin concluded, but Jinyoung tried to be the voice of reason: "And how do you plan to pull that off? There is no way JYP will let us do something like that." Jimin just shook her head: "Oh little boy, you still have a lot to learn. It will be great publicity for you, so don't worry about JYP. And if it comes down to it we will just pay you guys for the performance and let you have at the after party. We might even sponsor your next tour. So that will not be a problem at all." Yugeum then said: "Alright, I won't be the youngest, so it really will be fun, but what do we have to wear to the party?" Mark laughed out loud: "It's Halloween, we will dress up as monsters! And we will scare Bambam......a lot!" "Wait what? Why?", Bambam asked shocked by the sudden change of topics. "Well we will be attending the birthday party of the spooky queen, of course you will get scared. Her scary stare was funny, but she was able to scare anyone. Even I got scared so badly I started to cry once and that was years ago.", Mark explained. The he turned to Jimin: "I want to be a mummy, just like in this picture." He took out his phone and showed Jimin the picture, which Alice had sent him. Jimin smiled and her eyes sparkled: "Great idea! One mummy and one zombie bride are coming right up! What else, what else? Any suggestions or whishes?"