4 Meetings part 3

Crazy Adventure

Alice PoV:

"Hey my little goddaughter! I know we write every week and on all the important days. You've come to know a lot about me over years now. And there are still things you need to discover. Today is your 20th Halloween and you're spending it for the first time in Korea. I know a lot has changed for you these past few weeks, so today won't be that much different. 

My surprise for you this year will be our first meeting. I promise it will be way better than the one with your grandparents. But before we can actually meet you need to know who I am. So you have to search for the following things and you might find out my name. 

Meet your presents and bring them along, it'll be fun night! To get to me you need to meet them all: The mummy, the vampire, the werewolf, the cat, the spider, the pumpkin and the ghost.

See you soon, Uncle J.

PS: mummies love to play games!"

I grinned at the text written in the  letter. So today I would finally meet my godfather uncle J! He was the only friend my parents had in Korea. The person that introduced them to each other. He was kind of my hero. Uncle J was like my grandpa he also lived by "Go big or go home." Back when he and my parents were in college he had a dream and only his best friends (my parents) believed in him and he was so thankful to them. He told me a lot of stories about the things they did back then and the trouble they got into.

So he had seven creatures I had to find. No I had to meet. What could he mean by that? And why 7? I chuckled and mom looked at me curiously: "What's so funny?" "Hehe, well Uncle J wrote me a letter. He says I will finally meet him today, but before that can happen I have to find out his name and to do so I have to meet 7 creatures. So I just thought: "At the end of the day I will be able to say I Got7!" Well now I just have a few melodies in my head and they all get mixed up." Mom had to giggle, then she said: "So where will you start looking? Will you start now? If you want to it should be alright. So don't mind the decorations, I bet we will be able to decorate our new home just right." I laughed out so loud and began to sing Got7's "Just Right", which made mom happy apperently. "I'm glad, it's the first time I hear you sing since our move. Now go on, so J can join the party later. And be sure to bring your friends as well.", mom told me and began to shoo me out.  "Ugh, mom, you know I don't have any friends here. Why do you even suggest that?", I complained, but my mom just waved me off: "Yeah, yeah, then just bring those creatures and I will decide whether they qualify as friends or not. Deal?" I grinned: "Alright, that will do. So see you later." 

I found a map on the back of the letter and there were a lot of attractions on it. They were all over the city and I realized that in the past weeks I had been so holed up at home that I didn't get to see any of them. Well where should I start? "Mummies like games." That was the clue uncle J left me at the end of the letter. So how about the arcade? I bet there is a game with mummies in it. I looked at my phone to make sure I started out in the right direction and then I walked according to the plan. My screensaver right now was the picture of Mark and me and I couldn't surpress the thought: "Hey, Mark likes games and he was a great mummy!" I had to laugh at my own stupidity. How could it be possible for uncle J to know Mark? I laughed even harder when I realized my train thoughts was running wild. "Well there is one really easy way how uncle J knows Mark. I bet the J is for JYP." Apperently my imagination had no ends. But somehow it would really be cool and freaky. Oh, it might also explain a lot of the things that he happened to tell me about his dream and why no one believed in him. Except my parents of course, because they also always dreamt big!

I finally arrived at the arcade. After entering I saw so many games, it had to be Mark's paradise. I went to the counter and swapped a few bucks for coins and started searching for a mummy themed game. I looked everywhere without any luck, but then I saw him. There was a mummy standing around at a two people shooter game. I walked up to the person, but I couldn't make out his or her face. "I like your outfit!", I said. The mummy just nodded and gestured to me that we should play against each other. It was a furious battle and the mummy was really good! It had a fighting style I had seen before. It felt really nostalgic. I lost the first game and we played again, but I lost anyway. "Damn it! You are really good! It has been some time since I had such a hard battle. Your style resembles the style of the best player I know a lot. But I guess you are better, because he used to have some flaws, which was why I could beat him at least sometimes back when we still played.", I told the mummy and grinned as I remembered Mark once again. "Hey, you wouldn't know someone who's called J, do you?", I asked. The mummy gestured something that resembled "maybe" and started some sort of charade and the way he gestured I just somehow knew it was him. I leaped at the mummy and hugged it tightly as I said: "It's you isn't it, Mark." He returned my hug and opened up a bit of his mask, so I could see his face. He smiled so brightly and said: "Well, took you long enough to realize! Has it really been that long? You don't seem to have changed at all except growing taller." I chuckled and responded: "Well same goes for you. I actually can't believe we meet again! But, wait, no way! No way, no way, no way!" Mark looked confused by my reaction, but I just discovered that my godfather was JYP and it finally made sense how he got me autographs and concert tickets and even asked whether I'd like a meet and greet, but I was too scared to meet Mark after losing contact for so long! How else was I supposed to react? "I'm sorry Mark! Really, but could you wait a second I need to call someone!" Mark grinned and nodded: "Should we go somewhere else? Where it's easier to talk? And do you mind if I listened to the conversation?" "Sure, I don't mind. You would find out sooner or later anyway I guess." We headed out of the arcade and into a quiet alley. 

I dialed Uncle J's number and someone quickly responded: "J isn't able to answer his phone right now, I'm really sorry. Is it something really important? And if that is the case would it be alright to put you on the speaker?" I was stunned and yelled: "Yes Granny! It is important so put me on the damn speaker!" "Now, now, there is no reason to get so impatient. ... Alright, you are on the speaker now." "Oi, uncle J! I know who you are!!!! You're JYP! As in the JYP!! Why didn't anyone tell me?" All I got as response was laughter and I recognized them all. "Hey, you are all together? Are you kidding me? Mom, Dad, Granny, uncle J and Joe? Well your surprise was great! I met with Mark! And he beat me two times at the arcade! He really got better uncle Joe!" The laughter didn't stop, but uncle J answered: "Yeah, we couldn't let them find out that there was still contact with Jimin let alone a business relation with James and Joe. I'm sorry Alice, but there was an event today, that I have waited for. And you do remember I would have let you meet Mark anytime right? I still have high hopes with all those little changes ahead. Now, we still have work to do here and you need to find your presents. See you later little one." And with that the call was ended. 

Mark and I stared at the phone, then at each other and then we just laughed. A few minutes later Mark asked: "Now, are you ready for what's coming up next?" I grinned and answered: "Probably not, but you will be with me right?" Mark smiled, nodded and held out his hand. I took it and so we walked hand in hand like we used to when we were small. "It's nostalgic.", Mark said and smiled: "To tell you the truth, I was afraid that you might have changed or that I changed too much and that it would be really awkward. But now I guess it didn't really matter." I smiled and nodded in agreement: "I have been thinking the same. I became quieter after you left and I got into K-Pop, so when I first saw you with Got7 I was so excited! I instantly became a fan, although I have to confess I like JB's style more than yours. So don't worry I'm not playing favorites with you just because we are childhood friends." Mark laughed really hard. "That's how it is then? You're not playing favorites? Then what will you do when you get to meet Jaebum?", Mark raised an eyebrow and waited scepticaly for my answer and I grinned even wider: "Easy! I will have a hardcore fan girl crush on him obviously!" "Obviously.", Mark nodded and grinned just as wide as I did. Then we both broke out in laughter once again. It was nice we still got each other at least kind of. "Wow! I didn't know something like this would happen!", I shouted when stopped in front of a gaming cafe. "Well, there is someone who's excellent in card games and I know you like them. So maybe you can earn yourself some cat food.", Mark explained and we went inside. It was crazy! There were board and card games everywhere! I looked around so a table with blood red drinks on them and said: "Wow, I need to have one of those!" Then I was attacked from behind and felt teeth on my neck. "Oi, I'm a zombie my blood could kill you!", I talked sense into the vampire and he let of a chuckle which I had heard before. "Oh my God! It's JB!", shouted and turned around. I looked at him and squealed. "Wow I can't believe it! It really is HIM, Mark! It's JB!", I was so excited I tagged on Mark's arm and continued my dramatic overflow of emotions. "Can you believe it?", I looked up at Mark with wide eyes: "I'm actually meeting JB! The real one!" Mark didn't seem too surprised. He just took his hands up and shook them while squealing like a fan girl. We laughed and joined forces as we took JB into a group hug. The poor boy didn't get a chance to react to whatever was going on and he definitely didn't get the time to recover from the shock. 

A commotion broke out as Mark and JB were discovered and recognized. Mark looked at me and we immediately broke out in giggles. We just needed a nod from the other as we each grabbed one of JB's arms and ran. We ran a few streets and arrived in a park. We sat down on a bench and were exhausted. "Well that wasn't what I had expected.", JB said after catching his breath, then he looked at Mark, smiled and nodded. Mark's eyes widened as if JB had just told him a secret and he mouthed a silent "Thank you". JB then looked at me and grinned: "Let's call the others and change everything up. I don't think the plan will work out anyway. Your Korean is really good, I didn't expect that. So what do you want to do? Anything special?" I shook my head: "No, I don't. To tell you the truth I didn't do much this week anyway. School was horrible and I don't even know why I have to attend. The kids all look at me like I'm a weirdo. So what if I'm a little older? Not like anyone needs to care." Mark nodded: "You're 20, they are just intimidated, but you were always great at school work, why are you hanging behind?" "That's kind of a complicated story, so let's keep it for some other time.", I explained grinning: "But just so you know I only have attendance and finals to take care of. It is kind of easy, but I tend to get into trouble." "What kind of trouble? Is it really bad? Or maybe just some lame stuff and just overreacting idiots?", JB inquiquired. I thought about it for a few seconds and answered: "Not really big trouble I suppose. The teachers just get overly mad when I fall asleep during the lesson, but it's boring and I ace all their questions, so I don't get their deal. I just got into one fight, because this one guy bumped into me on purpose and didn't apologize, so now he and his friends follow me around. But I'm still not ready to be nice to them, they seem to be bullies." Mark broke out in laughter and I glared at him. "Tell me was it the first or the second day you got there?", the laughing boy asked with tears in his eyes. I frowned and said: "It was the first day, so by now it has been 7 weeks since. They should forget about that incident already, shouldn't they?" Mark laughed even harder and JB's eyes got wider in realization and then he started to laugh as well. "Mark-hyung if your childhood friend is that good at fighting, could you have been a delinquent as well at some point?", JB looked curious. "Hey, I'm not a delinquent!", I defended myself: "Just so you know, if we got into fights it was always to defend someone weaker than ourselves." JB grinned widely and exclaimed: "So you did fight!" Mark smiled shyly: "It happened sometimes." JB shook his head: "Don't worry. I did as well and I did fight more often than not." I was still confused by all their laughing and bickering and finally asked: "So why was it important on which day I fought? As I said it was only once and I apologized." The boys started laughing again and the JB explained giggling: "You probably defeated the leader of the group. That's why they are still following you. You are the new gang leader in school and they will do as you say. And believe me I don't think they are bullies, at least your school gang is known for helping weaker ones." I blinked and then I realized what was going on: "They could become my friends?!?!" The boys laughed and said: "I think they already believe you are friends. Shall we look for them?" I nodded and so the plan was set.

We met up with everyone and I was almost overwhelmed. There was Jackson the werewolf, Jinyoung the cat, Bambam the pumkin, Youngjae the spider and Yugeum the ghost. It was fun to see Bambam fighting off Yugeum who seemed to love teasing the older one. "God! I hate ghosts!", Bambam yelled. "But ghosts love pumpkins! They taste so good!", Yugeum countered. "Oi kids! Stop it!", Jinyoung yelled at them. "Yes mom, sorry mom.", they both replied and settled down. Then JB stepped in: "So were was the usual hangout of your school's gang?", he asked Yugeum. The maknae thought for a few seconds then he said: "Not sure, there were so many changes, but there is one dongsae I have, he has to repeat his last year, I'm sure he knows. He might even be a part of the group." Yugeum grinned and pulled out his phone to call his younger friend. 

It didn't take long and we knew where to meet those guys from my school. Just to make it easier we decided that I would just got to the meeting with Yugeum and Mark, while JB wanted to prepare a surprise. I was really curious, because of the way everyone acted around them I really had difficulties to believe that they didn't bully the others. "Yo leader!", they greeted me. "You could have just asked us to hang out yesterday. There was no need to go through all the trouble of asking Yugeuem to find us.", one of them said. I looked down at my feet. "I'm sorry. I have misjudged you. Everyone seems so afraid of you I thought you bullied them and I hate bullies. I really am sorry. I was too quick to judge, especially as I realize just how different things are around here.", I apologized. The one I fought before grinned and said: "No problem I wasn't nice either. I was daydreaming and bumped into you and while I still was dreaming you started yelling at me and I just thought: "Alright, let's fight, if you're asking for it." But I guess that wasn't actually the case, now that I think back. My name is Felix by the way." I smiled and shook his hand: "I'm Alice and I really am sorry." "I'm Ji-Sung and let me tell you it's alright. It's kind of nice to have a new leader, so at least at school we don't have to fight about who's boss.", another boy said. Then some others appeared and one of them said: "Oi, what do you mean at least in school you don't have to fight who's boss? At home there never was a need for you to fight over that position, now was there?" Ji-Sung grinned mischievously: "Oh, don't worry Chan-hyung one day we will take your throne!" "Come on kids, did you get into trouble?", another newcomer said. I looked around and I recognized them as a group. "No way!", I yelled. Yugeum and Mark turned towards me: "What's wrong?" I looked at Yugeum: "Yo little ghost! Who exactly is this dongsae of yours?" Yugeum pointed at a boy in the back of group from school and I just knew who he was. I slapped Yugeum's arm and glared at him. "Ouch! What was that for? It was totally unnecessary to do that!", he yelled at me and I countered: "Oh really? Unnecessary? You couldn't have told me beforehand that we were going to meet up with "Stray Kids"?" Mark broke out in laughter once again as all the others looked at me shocked, as if they were really surprised they I knew them. "Stop laughing Mark!", I shouted and hit his arm: "I know, I know I should have recognized them earlier, but how was I supposed to do that? Everyone in class glared at me, all the teachers nagged and mom was frustrated at being back here. I didn't really think about who those idiots were. So stop laughing!" Mark continued snickering as he said: "I bet you know some of their songs and dances by heart, but you didn't bother to learn their names yet, because you haven't heard enough them yet, right?" I stuck out my tongue at him and added: "Well it's not like JB or G-Dragon were in my class, so it's not really that much of a deal that I didn't recognize them." Yugeum started laughing and explained: "You guys got burned just now! Oh, you too Hyung!" Mark yelled at Yugeum and hit his arm now we all had to laugh and I didn't really know what was going on today, but it was fun. "Oh maybe we should tell JB-hyung about it, I bet he will blush and be totally cute and embarrassed.", Chan said at some point and all the boys agreed. "So today seems to be the most magical Halloween ever.", I thought to myself and smiled happily.