september

Captivated in a Flash

She's leaving all the things behind. She wants to start anew in a new town, far away from the place where her heart shattered into pieces.

He'd wish he had an amnesia to stop this heartaches and forget everything about her who chose to chase her dreams, and left him behind.

It was September when she left that city to move on.

It was September when someone he loved left him.

It was September when leaves of different colors started to fall. Her scarf was blown by the wind. He saw the scarf, caught it as he gazed up at the girl who seems to be the owner of it.

He reached her. She just stood there, not minding of getting wet by the autumn rain. She wept in front of a stranger.

Out of impulse, he put the red scarf around her neck.

"Let me tell you something. There was a boy who grew up loving his childhood sweetheart but the girl didn't notice him. He confessed but she chose her dreams and chase it. The boy was there by her side all the time, supporting her. He is just a childhood friend, nothing more, nothing less." His lips formed into a sad smile.

She brushed her wet eyes and sniffed.

"And let me tell you something. There was a girl who still hold unto false hopes and promises. She got her heart broken. Her expectations leads to disappointments. No one understood her except herself." Her voice broke and another batch of tears started to fall from her swelling eyes.

"Hey, cheer up. I'm Myungsoo, you are?"

"Suzy."

And it was September when they first met. What if people leave because there's someone who deserves you better?