drowning

Captivated in a Flash

The sky was filled with heavy clouds and there's only a glimpse of sunshine. Different shades of brown leaves kept falling from the trees and it was blown by the cold wind, swirling like whirlwinds in the air.

He was walking along the sidewalk, slow-paced, taking his time. People passed by each other and most of them were complete strangers to him.

He paused 'cause people around him were running and some of them opened their umbrellas. He stiffened. It was raining. And he didn't even get wet just an inch of it.

Swirling reddish and brown leaves surrounded him and the wind turned into a deep sea of water. His eyes were closed. He couldn't breathe. He's drowning in this dark ocean. If this is not a dream then he could've just die right there. His heart could've stop it's beating. Something squeezes it and it's like getting smaller and smaller each passing seconds.

There's a light beyond the darkness. He opened his eyes and tried to reached that certain light. A light that would make him blind.

And he shed a tear as he saw a girl in drowning state. Her eyes were peacefully closed but she's crying....

He woke up from that surreal dream and found himself shed tears. How could he shed tears even if that dream didn't occur to him? Did it only happen in a dream?

***

It's raining again and autumn has about to end. He lied in bed and drifted to sleep..

But he's in this dream again. And more violent. He saw her crying in pain and horror. He had blood in her temple that's flowing down to her face. He wanted to hold her, hug her amd tell her everything will be okay but everything seems preventing him to do that. Those men showered his body with their gun shots. They shot him from every part of his body specially his heart. She shouted, cried and begged. Seeing her in this state was sheer torture. The pain of gunshots was nothing compared to her agony. He could've just die instead of her.

He splashed unto the water, almost dying but she followed. Trying to reach him, hoping she'll live again....

White ceilings and glow in the dark stars met his eyes as soon as he woke up. He adjusted his eyes to the darkness and blinked several times. He's sweating and he caught his rapid breathing. He's trembling. And he cried.

Why did it feel so real? His heart hurts. And he's wet all over. Like he had been in that dream....

***

Rising questions but left unanswered that leads to frustrations and confusions. He's hollow and empty. He's alone and his life were like an organize machine. Is there a point to live this way? Alone and sad?

The trees were bare and the cold winter breeze started to envelop the surroundings. Hails fell down from the sky. It touches his black hair. Everything's seems dense and in slow motion.

Before he knew it, he's drowning again. Breathless and freezing in the coldness. Someone reached him, drawing closer to his half conscious state. She touched his left cheek and kiss him on the lips. It's warm, soft and comforting despite the freezing coldness. She gave him air to breathe. His heart live. He'll live again...

His eyes flew and he realized he's lying on the freezing lake and the mystery was he's warm. His heart were rapidly beating. Finally, he could smile and looked up to the winter sky. He'd wish he'll be happy just like that...

****