Third Cut

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The day of the site visit came faster than Baekhyun would’ve like, alas, he is now on his merry way to the site location after his review class. He got down on the bus and walked the remaining distance, mind occupied of different scenarios that might happen later. He already talked with Jongdae during the other’s lunch break and he is resisting the urge to phone his friend again. Baekhyun knew that his friend is busy with his own work and review classes and can’t keep bothering his best friend – he would’ve to brave this one alone.

 

 

 

“Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

He looked up from staring at the ground to the person who called him. It was Luhan, the Chairman’s secretary.

 

Park Chanyeol’s secretary.

 

“Luhan-ssi” he greeted back “it’s nice to see you again.” He said with a tentative smile, he didn’t even realize that he already arrived at the site.

 

“I thought you are not coming ‘cause I haven’t seen you around since we’ve arrived.”

 

“Oh, I actually have a review class today, so I just got here.”

 

“Is that so?” Luhan tilted his head cutely to the side “you must be tired then, would you be able to come to the dinner later?” the other asked with a teasing smile.

 

“Errmm… I’m actually coming, my boss required me to.” He replied awkwardly as he saw the other brighten at his reply.

 

“That’s good, that’s good.” He got shocked when the secretary suddenly clapped his hand loudly “You know, I think you’re the only one the Chairman hasn’t met yet.” He said with an unexplainable twinkle in his eyes.

 

 

“So why don’t we go ahead and introduce you to him, no?”

 

 

Baekhyun’s heart stuttered at the question, and he was dragged away before he can utter his protests; Luhan surprisingly having a strong grip on him despite his delicate stature.

 

He saw his colleagues and seniors while he was being dragged around and tried to make the secretary release him so he can greet them properly but to no avail. He even saw his boss and tried to send him an SOS signal but the other just looked confusedly at the pair of them.

 

Baekhyun looked around to see if there is someone who can help him get the clingy secretary off him but what he saw is a familiar back of a man a few meters away from them, not realizing that they are going towards the man’s direction, and before he knows it, Luhan was already tapping the man to get his attention.

 

His world stopped when the man turned around to face them and that beloved almond eyes of the other met his. He saw surprise on them and a flash of something Baekhyun can’t comprehend with his current state of shock, but it was gone before he could blink and the man was offering a hand to him. He looked at the proffered hand dumbly, barely registering that Luhan stopped talking at the back of his mind.

 

He felt a nudge on his side that woke him up from his dazed stupor, he blushed as he finally grasped the Chairman's hand “Good day, Sir, I'm Byun Baekhyun. Please to make your acquaintance.” He said with a bow.

 

He stood back straight and felt himself blush even more to see the Chairman looking at him again with that look. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Byun. I'm sure you know, but I'm Park Chanyeol.” And he felt the other squeezed his hand before letting it go (and maybe he was just hallucinating, but he swear he felt the other caressed his hand as he did so), Baekhyun was sure he's going to faint with the influx of emotions going on inside of him.

 

“Will you be going to the dinner later, Mr. Byun?” the Chairman asked, and before he can process the question, Luhan was already answering for him.

 

“Oh he will, I've confirmed that with him already. Right, Baekhyun-ssi?” the pair looked at him expectantly, and all he could do is nod dazedly.

 

“Great! I will catch up with you later then.” Chanyeol said, still with that glint on his eyes, and threw a smile at his direction and Baekhyun swear he's going to die at tonight's dinner.

 

He and Luhan watched as the Chairman walked away from them to talk with his boss and other colleagues.

 

“Well, I think it's only the two of us before tonight's dinner, no?” the secretary asked as the other linked their arms together.

 

 

 

Baekhyun silently prayed for his sanity.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

“Baekhyun-ah, would you like the salad?”

 

“Try this side dish, it’s awesome!”

 

“Do you like wine?”

 

“Their mashed potatoes are bleh! Don't try them, Baekhyunnie!”

 

 

He didn't thought that a corporate dinner would be this tiring, all because of the incessant secretary beside him. Luhan decided that he will be his best friend for today and dragged him to a nearby café from the site while waiting for the supposed dinner. The secretary have been like a mother hen throughout the duration of their dinner and it was making him embarrassed what with the look of their colleagues, bosses, and other people in the restaurant were throwing at the pair of them.

 

They just finished their main course for tonight and were waiting for the dessert. They requeste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter