First Cut

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I wasn't supposed to post this since I'm not yet done with the story and this wasn't beta-ed either, but oh well... enjoy

 

 

 

-----------------------------

 

Stressed.



Unmotivated.



No will to strive.



No will to live.



That's what he's feeling right now. He's not yet suicidal but with all the things happening, he's close to losing it. Who even decided to give this much work to graduating high school students? Who even decided that all of this junk of paper works will determine a child's intellectual and ability? This is bull.

Baekhyun grabbed the paper he was working on and continued with it. It's just 9pm, he still have some 4-5hrs to work before he can sleep for at least 5hrs before his morning class. He sighs just thinking about it.

He's been too focus on his work that the sudden vibration from his phone startled him so much his hand slipped and drew an unflattering line across the paper. He groaned to himself, cursing whoever disturbed his peace.

Opening his phone, his eyebrow raised at the message.


unknown
   Princess


That's it. It must be a wrong number but he's desperate to have an excuse away from all his school work and decided to entertain his self with the other.


me
   Who is this?

unknown
   Sorry wrong number


And like the desperate he is, he immediately typed something back.


me
   Come back I'll be your princess


He facepalmed, because seriously Byun Baekhyun?  What he didn't expect is the response he got back.


unknown
   We will meet again, in another life


He chuckled quietly to himself. Another life, huh? He doesn't know what kind of bull soulmate au this guy was trying to live out but he again, decided to humor him.


me
   I love you

unknown
   I love you too princess


He smiled at that. He doesn't know why, but that interaction definitely woke him up and get him a little motivated. He might want to deny it, but deep inside he is excited for the prospect of that another life.

 

Can’t I meet you in this life instead? He asked in his head and continued with his school work.



The smile never left his face the rest of the duration of his work and even until he fell asleep. And as he entered dreamland, he heard whispers of princess in a deep baritone voice that gently soothes him and sent tingle through his spine.

 

 

 

That night, unknown to him, he starts dreaming of his prince.
 

 

 


---

 

 



Baekhyun trudged inside his shared flat with his best friend, Jongdae. The classes for that day are awful, but not unbearable. Why he decided to take architecture he will never know.

He stopped by the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. A sticky note on the fridge tells him that his best friend is out on his new part time job. His third part time job this year and we're still far from the summer solstice. He snorted at the thought.

He made his way to his room to start catching up on his missing sleep hours when his eyes caught the photo frame on his study table. It was the screencap of his prince's message he had printed out. He smiled as he read the short conversation he already memorized by heart. He had it printed and framed before he changed his phone during his 2nd year in college. and he was now nearing the end of this 3rd year, that piece of conversation made him stay sane through all his ups and downs (apart from Jongdae).

 

He remember his best friend laughing at him the next day after he received that faithful text message and told him about his dream. You’re ing delusional, Baek that was Jongdae’s exact word that time. But he kept dreaming of that same voice, night after night.

 

“how’s my, princess?”

 

“I miss you my princess”

 

“I’ll see you soon”

 

“Princess, I love you”

 

But his best friend told him he’s just stressed. It’s been years though, he still dreams of that voice. Just a voice, nothing else.  Jongdae once joked during their first few months living together that the guy on his dream might be his soulmate calling to him because he was crushing on wrong number guy.

 

But what if they’re the same person?  He found himself genuinely asking and the other just laughed at absurdity of it.

 

Are you even hearing yourself, Byun Baek?  He asked, and Baekhyun agreed. Everything is just so absurd he decided to just let it be.

 


He touched the surface of the glass frame before turning back to do his nightly routine.



He felt a hand caressing his face along with that voice when he hits the sack. Hello, princess. I missed you so much.

 

And he inwardly cried to himself. I missed you, too. Who are you?

 




---
 

 


"We did it!!!" 

Is all he got as a warning before Jongdae dive-tackled him to the ground. He laughed as his best friend rubbed their cheeks together like little kittens. His best friend is such a child.

“Get off me, Dae! You’re heavy!” He huffed out.

They've just got their college degree with all the flying colors they can get. Jongdae with Literature and him with Architecture. They still have to pass the boards, but he's thinking of interning here and there.

“Ready to party?” asked one of their friends.

The two of them looked at each other with a wide grin, before nodding their heads at the other.

 


That night was celebrated in a bar, with all the booze they can get their hands to. Baekhyun barely remembered anything from their wild night out except for the wide, soulful brown orbs looking at him lovingly when he closed his eyes to sleep.

 

 

 ---

 

He woke up with a start the next day and dive to Jongdae’s bed squishing the guy below.

 

“Umph!” came the muffled groan, Jongdae harshly pulled the cover of his face and looked down on the turf of brown hair on his chest. “What the hell, Byun Baek?” he hissed at the other, but all he heard were Baekhyun’s infamous puppy sounds.

 

He place a hand on the elder’s back and gave him a little shake “Baek?”

 

But the other just burrows his self-further into Jongdae’s blanket.

 

“Baek seriously, I’m still hangover. Tell me what is happening right the now, or get out of my bed!”  he ed, cause his head is seriously killing him and getting squished by his best friend is not helping.

 

He watched as the other move his face up, chin propped on his blanketed chest and they were mostly face to face that is too close for comfort.

 

“What?” he asked irritably.

 

“I dreamed of him” the other mumbled and he groaned as he let his head fall back on his pillows.

 

He felt the other scampering above him and when he looked Baekhyun was already straddling his stomach. His friend is not a lightweight mind you.

 

“You don’t get it, Dae! He was looking at me!” the other whined on top of him.

 

“You saw his face?” he asked disbelievingly. Cause seriously, his bestfriend has been dreaming of this unknown guy for years now, and not once have he dreamed of his face. Only his voice and soft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter