Second Cut

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kim Jongdae entered their shared apartment that evening with all intentions to just crash on his lovely bed (they decided to keep the space until they were both at least marginally stable). Thinking that no one was home yet due to the dark state of the place, he almost lost his marbles when he switched on the light and saw his dead best friend looking blankly at the ceiling. The other is still on his working clothes but he looks like he's been around for quite a while.


He let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“What the hell are you doing there, Baekhyun-ah?”

 

No response.

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes and proceed to the kitchen to check for a quick snack but the kitchen is barren. None of them manage to get groceries yet, and it looks like his friend haven't prepare anything as well and it's the little ’s turn to make dinner he thought annoyed.

 

He stomped back to the living room and stood beside the couch, glaring at the older with his arms crossed.

 

“Yah, Byun”

 

Again, no response. He groaned at this and kicked the other on the shin.

 

“Yah, I'm talking to you!”

 

Baekhyun looked up at him, closed his eyes then heaved a sigh.

 

Which irked Jongdae all the more, like seriously the audacity of this brat he thought and suppressed the urge to strangle his friend.

 

He was just about to start his tirade when his friend spoke for the first time that night.

 

“Hey, Dae” he said in a monotonous voice. Jongdae kept mum feeling something isn't right with the other.

 

They were just silently looking at each other, and Jongdae is slowly feeling awkwardness seep in when Baekhyun continued.

 

“What will you say… if I told you I found prince?”

 

Pin

 

Drop

 

Silence

 

 

Jongdae can feel a vein about to burst as he tried to reel himself in cause ing seriously?

 

“Seriously, Baek??! You’ve been sitting there like dead for God knows how long because of prince again? I thought I told you to stop with this nonsense! Baekhyun, I swear this is not healthy, just look at yourself right now. You looked wrecked and mauled over!” he eventually snapped.

 

The other made a face at his outburst, eyes slowly turning glassy. And he admittedly felt a bit guilty, but someone needs to wake his friend up on his fairytale bubble.

 

Baekhyun straightened a bit on his sit and as calmly as he can, albeit with a shaky voice said “I. Saw. Him.”

 

“Baek, you don't even know his face! The only thing you see is his eyes!”

 

“I know! But I know how he touches me as well! And his voice…” his voice faltering on the last part “Jongdae, I know that voice. It's been on my dreams for years! I can't be mistaken when I felt that voice washing through my whole being every.damn.time.” his tears finally falling down.

 

To say Jongdae was taken a back was an understatement, but he quickly get over his shock and cradle his best friend to his embrace, hand gently soothing the other's back.

 

 

 

None of them had dinner that night. Jongdae, felt the older slowly get taken over by fatigue, body slumping over him. He heaved a deep sigh and leaned back on the couch, thinking about what the other said and eventually, sleep took over him as well.

 

 

 

---

Baekhyun felt that familiar arms around him and he sighed to himself, burrowing himself further on its comfort.

 

“Something’s bothering you, princess?” he felt the rumble of the other's voice through his chest where he was comfortably situated.

 

“I saw you this morning. I swear it is you, but Jongdae wouldn't believe me.”

 

“You did, huh? Why didn't you approached me then?” his prince asked, just genuinely curious about it.

 

He made a face at this.

 

“I tried, okay? Just that the first time you were in a rush and I was in shock, and then the second time my cab arrived.” He pouted and he can hear the other chuckled.

 

His prince cupped his face and caressed it tenderly as he looked at him – his eyes always full of love. “We'll see each other in the right time, princess, so please don't fret so much about it.” He gave a half-hearted nod at this, pout still in place.

 

The other gave another chuckle, before leaning down on his face. He got a glimpsed of the lower half of the other's face (a hazy blur that was infinitely better than the side view he got that morning) before he felt his prince's soft lips pressing on his forehead…

 

 

 

And those same lips capturing his, for the first time since forever.

 

He moaned into the kiss, as the other mold their lips together, twine their tongues together, on his mouth like he's his whole being. He savored the other's taste on him before they need to part, his mind a little clouded that he barely registered his prince's voice saying I'll see you soon, princess. Very soon. before he was pulled out of his dream.

 

 

 

---

He let out a gasp as he woke up, squirming at the unwelcomed pressure on his pants. He quickly tried to get up from the uncomfortable position he was in, unaware of the other person he was sharing the space with and eventually having his head collide on his friend's chin.

 

Jongdae woke up with a groan at that as he cup a hand to his aching jaw.

 

Baekhyun let out a whiney ouch, the tightness on his pants forgotten, while Jongdae opened his eyes trying to adjust them to their surroundings.

 

He glared at his friend that is running a hand at the back of his head with his signature pout on his face, eyes a little teary due to the impact of their delicate bones.

 

“Jongdae, what the hell are you doing here?!” the other shrieked that automatically made him scoffed.

 

“We both fell asleep on the couch, you dimwit.”

 

While the other tries to process what happened the night before, he stood up to get himself some ice. It was a Saturday, which means rest day for both of them. He made a mental note to drag his friend to replenish their stocks later.

 

He went back to the living room in time to witness the older gasp to himself for the second time that morning and ungracefully fall from the couch.

 

“What… are you doing?” he asked, one hand on his waist, the other holding an ice pack on his bruised chin.

 

“I… Wh- OHMYGAHD!” he almost dropped his ice pack when the other shrieked and almost fell due to his friend flying on him in the next second. Baekhyun's strong hold on his shoulder, shaking his brains out, is the only thing holding him up.

 

“WE ING KISSED, DAEDAE!!” the other squealed that would probably deafened normal people; but this is Jongdae, and they are both loud.

 

He removed the elder’s hold on him “Would you slow down, Baek? Breath.”

 

He watched the other take a calming breath and they both sat back on the couch, ice pack back on its place on his chin.

 

“Okay, now tell me slowly what happened. What do you mean with ‘kiss’?”

 

He saw the other opened and closed his mouth, trying and failing to form words that will explain him. He also saw the way the other's gaze changed from contempl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter