Chapter 4

Fantasy of a Vampire

Kibum spent his time thinking of how they could overpower the light demon. Three versus two would just make it too easy. If they didn't want the demon to have much strength, they would have to attack at sunset, before the vampire brought him something to feed on. He'd watched them both for quite a long time so that he'd become familiar with their habits and routine. He knew the vampire could be easily overpowered, and that it was the light demon who needed to be watched. From his last encounter with them, he knew that if they were separated, they could easily be defeated. The best time to attack would be when the vampire had gone hunting while the demon slept. Fire, water and his shadow. He was glad he'd secured this alliance. The combination of their powers was required in order to make his plan work.

Meanwhile, Minho hid a smile as he watched Taemin dancing daintily and gracefully along the bank. He created little step like waves and continued to dance his way higher and higher above. He was amazed by how flexible Taemin was, but then again water sprites were the most graceful of all the creatures in the forest. He couldn't stop thinking about that fleeting little kiss Taemin has given him. Truth be told, Taemin was all he could think about. Fire and Water. They were opposites. The only thing that seemed to worry him was the fact that he could destroy Taemin in a heartbeat. Perhaps it would make more sense for him to choose the shadow creature, but he was unable to get Taemin out of his thoughts.

Taemin enjoyed the attention he was getting from Minho. He knew he had greatly startled the fire fairy, but it had definitely been worth it. From the corner of his eye, he saw Minho smile, which made him feel good. Minho's good looks became even more apparent when he smiled. Smiling to himself, Taemin threw up a shower of the smallest water droplets directly at the sun that was shining on Minho's face so the tiny sparkles appeared to be mini rainbows.

Enthralled by the sparkly water droplets, Minho watched, fascinated as Taemin continued to dazzle him. He had never experienced anything like this before. He laughed, happily and was rewarded with such a smile so filled with sunny warmth that made him doubt why he had always chosen to be so reclusive. He saw a dark cloud approaching them from a distance and knew that it was Kibum, the shadow creature who'd come to inform them that it was time to strike. He beckoned to Taemin to step out of the water and waited for Kibum to assume his true form. 

"Minho, the demon is on his own now. This will be the perfect time to strike"

Taemin simply shrugged his shoulders and followed Kibum and Minho to where the demon lay, resting. He turned to the shadow creature to hear what his plan was. In order to gain control over the light demon, they first had to make sure that he couldn't see a thing. Minho lit a spark and set it to the water droplets that Taemin threw to the sky. With a sizzle, the water evaporated and turned into a light mist, to which Kibum sent a bit of his shadow, just to test the waters.

***************************************************

Jinki awoke with a start, to find that everything was dark. Had he slept through the sunset? This had never happened before. He looked around to find that Jonghyun was nowhere to be found, which was odd. He'd usually be back before it got dark. When he looked up at the sky, he could see darkness only in the area above him, which kept increasing. He took a step back to figure out what was happening when he heard the sound of a twig breaking.

"Jonghyun-ah, is that you?"

"You wish. You thought you'd seen the last of us, hadn't you?"

Just then, the darkness reduced and he could make out the shape of three silhouettes. As they stepped forward, he saw the shadow creature whom he'd defeated a few days ago. He was back, with reinforcements this time. Focusing his energy, he let out a beam of light towards the creature who was immediately protected by a shield of water. Dodging as a ball of fire flew at him, he hoped Jonghyun was alright. True, he could defeat each of them separately, but without his whole power, he didn't have much of a chance. He jumped as a cold mist hit his face, followed by the dark cloud that blinded him, once more.