Chapter 3

Fantasy of a Vampire

Tenderly moving an errant lock of hair from Jinki’s forehead, Jonghyun smiled as he looked down at Jinki dozing on his lap. Off late, he’d got comfortable enough to touch him even unconsciously. It was a good thing that they’d had each other. Jinki was more powerful during the day, whereas his strength was at night. They’d both fed recently, but Jonghyun always wanted to make sure that there was something more for Jinki to have before the sun set for the day. Slowly easing Jinki’s head from his lap, Jonghyun set out to capture another prey. He heard the rustling of the bushes nearby and prepared to strike the expected herd of deer that would graze there. However, once he’d sprung to the other side of the bush, instead of a deer, there was only a dark mass. He watched in silence as the shadow creature made himself visible in his true form. Unlike Jonghyun and Jinki, shadow creatures were able to use their powers all throughout the day. Jonghyun hissed in pain as the creature bared his fangs and attacked him, stabbing him in the wrist with his knife-like nails. Jonghyun could feel his strength leaving him, as he continued to fight. All of a sudden, his mind went black and he fell to his knees. The shadow creature prepared to strip the vampire of his shadow when he was hit by a bolt of light. Jinki glanced at Jonghyun’s unconscious form in horror before assuming his fighting stance. Since it was still day, he was able to imbibe more strength from the sun. He continued striking the shadow creature in anger without even pausing for breath and only stopped when the creature disappeared. Lifting Jonghyun, he walked back to their spot in the forest. Filled with fear, he let out a sigh of relief when Jonghyun opened his eyes.

“I thought I’d lost you, Jonghyun-ah. Don’t ever leave me like that”

“Does that mean you were worried about me?”

Jonghyun saw Jinki blush at the question and smiled.

Of course I was. I care for you, Jonghyun. I can’t even imagine how I’d survive without you by my side”

“I love you too, Jinki-ah”

Jinki felt his heart beat faster as Jonghyun cupped his face in his hands, and kissed him. As he opened his mouth and deepened the kiss, he felt Jonghyun moan as he slipped his tongue inside his mouth

 ******************************************

Meanwhile, Kibum was furious at being defeated by the light demon. Assuming his shadow form yet again, he wandered about the forest searching for the creature that would be able to defeat the demon once and for all. He followed the trail of burnt leaves until he reached the lair of the fire fairy, who looked as impressive as he’d imagined. With long dark hair with red streaks, there was no doubt that his main power was to control fire. He would be the perfect ally to take down the demon and vampire.

Minho was surprised to see what looked like a dark cloud approach him. He gaped as the cloud turned into a blonde creature with a dark aura swirling around him.

“Get out of my lair, creature or prepare to suffer the consequences”

“I’ve come to ask for your alliance, fairy, and not to fight”

Kibum saw the fire fairy falter a little, and took his chance.

“We have a common enemy, fairy. We can defeat the light demon together”

Minho seemed rather suspicious as this was the second creature to approach him for an alliance. The shadow creature was handsome, albeit not pretty like the water sprite, but Minho still felt a tiny spark of interest.

“Alright. Let me know when you plan to strike. I know a water sprite, Taemin who also has a score to settle with him”

“Thank you, fairy. I’m sure we will work well together. I’m Kibum”

“Minho”

Kibum shook Minho's’ outstretched hand and laughed, just imagining the downfall of the demon who had bested him. The demon and vampire surely had another think coming. It would be three against two, and there were no doubts as to who would win this battle.