Chapter 1

Fantasy of a Vampire

“Ah Jonghyun-ah, I feel a little sad that we deceived that girl like that. She trusted me and we just used her”.

“You’re too soft. You always have been. That’s the problem with your kind. You have too many emotions”.

Jinki furrowed his brows in annoyance. His kind? What did the vampire know? Jinki was a descendant of one of the most powerful creatures ever known. His ancestor would draw his power directly from the sun and was really terrifying to look at. Over time, his kind had evolved into having human-like features and emotions, not to mention they had become much weaker. Instead of drawing all their power from the energy of the sun, they were able to draw only a quarter of it. Unless they had fed, their light would reduce, and they would die if they had no light left. Jonghyun had absolutely no idea how lucky he was, being undead for several centuries. They had known each other for a long time and started to work together, doubling their strengths and covering up their weaknesses. Jonghyun, with his ability to get inside people’s heads and hypnotize them, and Jinki, with his baby face that made every human trust him, made a great pair. When a human entered their forest, it was a fight between all the creatures to grab and devour him. The last human who’d entered their forest, a girl, was different. For starters, she was so noisy that almost every type of living being in the forest had tried to devour her. For the first time in years, he’d had to fight off everyone else to get his victim. However, his memories of the girl still plagued him.

Jonghyun couldn’t understand why Jinki was so bothered about the incident that had happened earlier. Sometimes, he felt as if he didn’t know him at all. Jinki was the one being whose mind Jonghyun had never been able to enter. The first time they’d met, Jonghyun had had a rude awakening when he’d tried to hypnotize Jinki. He’d been stunned when he’d received a punch to the face. For a guy who looked slender and timid, Jinki possessed a brute force that was completely opposite to his build.  For a moment, Jonghyun had felt something other than pain and admiration. He had felt a little flicker of lust. Jinki’s soft features and honey blonde hair, mixed with the bright aura of his, made him utterly stunning. Jinki had never known this, but he made Jonghyun’s cold heart melt each time they saw each other. Each time Jinki’s light diminished, it would send Jonghyun into a state of panic. He really couldn’t imagine not being around him.

Jinki had never understood why Jonghyun had always taken such good care of him. It has taken them a while to stop looking at each other as an enemy. Once they had got used to each other, they had become inseparable. It was unnatural for a demon of light like him, to be friends with a vampire, but he really enjoyed his company. He knew his life would have been very different if he hadn’t met Jonghyun. He would have missed out on knowing someone who always gave him the first share of their kill, lest his aura faded. Someone who’d once risked everything to save him from the shadow creature that had attacked him. Someone who had come to be his best friend.