Out of the Closet

It's As Simple As It Looks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Jennie and Rosé had arrived back to the dorm wielding numerous shopping bags and donned with new outfits that could rival what they had wore for Ddu du Ddu du, Jisoo and Lisa were already fast asleep on the couch cuddling each other. It was an intimate moment that one wouldn’t usually see given that Jisoo wasn’t a touchy person by any means, and Chaeyoung would’ve cooed at the sight that met them if it weren’t for Jennie’s reaction.

 

“So that’s how it is, huh,” Jennie muttered softly, venom laced in her tone. Chaeyoung couldn’t help but shiver beside her, not understanding why her unnie was still so, so jealous. They were all like family anyway, so that should be fine, right? Chaeyoung mused as she looked on.

 

Even with how softly Jennie said it, Jisoo seemed to stir from her slumber. As soon as Jisoo’s eyes met Jennie’s, the latter’s face contorted into shock. The rapper’s eyes narrowed into slits as she quickly turned around, storming out of the dorm.

 

“Jennie!” Jisoo reached out desperately with a hoarse voice as she chased after her. Chaeyoung could only watch in shock at the sudden turn of events. For a while she remained dazed, her eyes boring into the door that was slammed moments ago until her ears had picked up a familiar sound.

 

Lisa’s snore.

 

After all the commotion, Lisa still managed to sleep through it all. Rosé rolled her eyes affectionately, blowing hair out of her face as she did.

 

Of course she would.

 

Slowly, the vocalist approached the sleeping beauty, careful not to wake her with the sound of her heels clacking even if the previous events didn’t seem to affect her at all. Once Rosé had gotten close enough, she gently took a seat beside the maknae’s sleeping form. She watched Lisa sleeping, her chest rising and falling gently like autumn leaves descending in the fall.

 

Sometimes, Lisa reminded Chaeyoung of fall. She was unlike the spring that everyone would wait for after the harsh cold of the winter season. Everyone acknowledged the beauty of spring. Spring was someone like Jisoo who was conventionally beautiful by Korean standards, with her bright eyes and jet black hair. However, not everyone would stop to appreciate fall like Rosé did. Not everyone acknowledged Lisa’s beauty, attitude or talent, since the Thai girl barely got parts to sing in their music, she could be rather shy on camera, and she looked different since she didn’t have a single drop of Korean in her blood.

 

She was unconventional, but Chaeyoung didn’t mind that at all.

 

In fact, she found Lisa to be beautiful.

 

“Too beautiful,” Rosé muttered softly as she reached out to the maknae’s hair.

 

The others who did stop to appreciate the fall did find her beautiful too. Memories from the other day had flashed in the vocalist’s mind. Everyone who knew Lisa loved her, because who wouldn’t, anyway?

 

There were times that Chaeyoung hoped that someone would sweep Lisa off of her feet, so that her heart could finally give up on her. The vocalist knew they couldn’t be because Lisa was Lisa-- she was a young woman unafraid of being herself. She knew what she wanted and she wouldn’t hesitate to go for it. If it wouldn’t jeopardize the group so much, Rosé knew that Lisa would be the first to come out to their fans because she was always keen on staying true to herself.

 

Unlike Lisa, Rosé was afraid. She was afraid of the possibility of things going wrong, how the public would see her if she messed up, how her family would see her. She couldn’t be fearless like Lisa because her family had worked hard, and encouraged her to pursue a dream she thought would never come true. The least she could do was to be the best daughter she could be. The daughter they expected her to be. She couldn’t just jump into the unknown and hope for the best.

 

They were too different, and Rosé didn’t want to hinder Lisa with her hesitation.

 

“Why did I have to fall for you, of all people?” Chaeyoung sighed, her thoughts clouding her mind. “We can’t be, so why does this heart keep wanting you?” She continued, her voice a bit louder. “That time when we were getting Jisoo unnie and Jennie unnie together… I thought I was just developing a stupid crush because you were just so annoyingly pretty whenever you laughed and then when you started dancing to baby shark when I was in the closet, everything just--” Rosé sighed once more, cutting herself off as she twirled a lock of Lisa’s auburn hair around her fingers.

 

“It was slowly, like your breathing, then all at once,” The vocalist silently laughed. “Ridiculous, right?” She questioned.

 

“Why am I even confessing to you? It’s not like you can hear me anyway,” Rosé bit her lip, her body shifting closer to the maknae. After a beat of silence, she spoke again.

 

“I can’t believe I was so mean to you the other day. I didn’t even have the right to be jealous since you aren’t mine anyway,” The vocalist looked away, a frown adorning her features at the thought of how sour her attitude was during that time.

 

“Chae,” A voice uttered softly.

 

Chaeyoung nearly broke her neck as she whipped her head towards the source.

 

Lisa’s gaze met Rosé’s, the intensity of her eyes somehow melting away all of her fear.

 

“Wha--”

 

Before Chaeyoung could even react, a series of buzzes interrupted, breaking their little staring contest.

 

The vocalist hastily apologized and checked her phone as Lisa nodded, shifting closer to read the messages that seemed hast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter