Fat Checks

It's As Simple As It Looks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chae, let’s go,” Jennie said sternly, as her heels clacked against the tiles. Chaeyoung could only silently scurry behind her.

 

As much as Rosé felt bad for Jisoo’s current predicament, she was too scared to speak up and protect her unnie from Jennie’s wrath. It was Jennie, not even their managers could stand against her when she was angry. Although, Jennie seemed to be exaggerating things. What was wrong with liking some of her friends photos on instagram?

 

“Jennie, wait, I can explain! It was Lisa—” Jisoo tried to temper her girlfriend, but to no avail.

 

Everything seemed to click in Chaeyoung’s mind, and the vocalist realized the gravity of the situation. The last time Rosé let Lisa even touch her phone, she had sent out so much lovey dovey messages to their mutual friends, pretending to be her.

 

For Chaeyoung, that wasn’t much of a problem. She liked messaging her friends in that way to check up on them from time to time, although she’d say Lisa’s was a more exaggerated version of what she’d usually do. Jisoo, on the other hand, was the type to send memes to start a conversation instead, and blatant affection was something she rarely gave out.

 

Except to Jennie, of course.

 

But Lisa had to send those messages of admiration through Jisoo’s account.

 

Chaeyoung silently prayed for Jisoo’s soul.

 

“Good morning!” A chirpy voice had suddenly greeted obnoxiously.

 

Chaeyoung squeezed her eyes shut.

 

Why now?!

 

Reopening her eyes again, Rosé reached to jab Lisa’s side, her face clearly screaming the words: “Not now!”

 

Lisa had stopped in her tracks, her chest squeezing at remembering her conversation with Jisoo last night. The maknae didn’t have a chance to talk to Rosé about it as she was fast asleep when she had entered their shared room.

 

Lisa felt another jab to her side— it somehow felt more urgent this time— and it was a bit late when the maknae realized that she had awoken to a whirlwind of chaos.The dor was a mess, and there was a weird tension hanging in the air.

 

“It was Lisa using my account, right Lisa?!” Jisoo said loudly, shattering the dead air.

 

Lisa’s eyes went as wide as saucers.

 

“Yeah, yeah!” Lisa yelled out as soon as she realized what was happening. “Unnie it was—”

 

“I don’t think I’ll need an explanation,” Jennie said coldly, ignoring Lisa and glaring at Jisoo. “If you thought Irene was so pretty that you had to like all of her posts and leave heart emojis in the comments, then why don’t you date her instead?!” She spat, strutting away as she pulled Chaeyoung’s arm.

 

Lisa and Chaeyoung shared a worried look at each other, and the maknae gestured to text her about it before the door slammed in Jisoo’s face.

 

Today did not seem like a good morning at all.

 

 

“If you aren’t feeling up to it, we don’t have to go, unnie,” Rosé tried to convince Jennie, watching as her unnie sighed and then bit her lip harshly.

 

“I’d rather go out and do something else then stay anywhere near her right now.” Jennie said, her voice soft as she continued to pull Chaeyoung into the van.

 

“Where are we going unnie?” The younger of the two asked, settling herself into the plush seats of the vehicle. Jennie’s mood seemed to have changed completely upon hearing the question. Rosé raised a curious brow at that.

 

Weird...

 

“We’re going shopping! Pampering yourself is the first step to loving yourself more. You need to be aware that you deserve to spoil yourself after all your hard work, and anyone who can’t do that for you once in a while isn’t worth your time,” She smiled happily, much like a kid who had gotten their favorite candy. Sometimes, Chaeyoung wondered how Jennie could be so cute yet so intimidating at the same time.

 

“You should’ve told me, unnie! I didn’t bring anything to hide my face with,” Rosé pouted.

 

She wasn’t against the idea of shopping, but she did not want to deal with the onslaught of fans that would come at them if they came without some sort of disguise— especially since their latest song had just come out, and it was an absolute hit if the views on the platforms they shared it on were of any indication.

 

The vocalist had suddenly rece

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter