all the petals of the flowers

slide into your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The revalidation progress goes by smoothly. Sure, Hyejoo limps with her leg from time to time. Sometimes she trips and is scared that her leg is broken again. She had her mom drive her to the hospital at four in the morning once after she fell while going to the bathroom.

Nothing was wrong, of course. Hyejoo had been silent the entire trip back while on the lollipop she had gotten from the night-nurse. Her mother wouldn’t stop bringing it up to everyone she saw and Hyejoo honestly wanted to die.

Now that she is finally free from her wheelchair and crutches, Hyejoo can’t get played by her friends anymore. Or that is just what she thought.

Yeojin figures out pretty quickly that Hyejoo’s running isn’t what it used to be. She snatches yet another donut from Hyejoo’s hands before sprinting off. All the while she howlers in excitement, whooping loudly. (A teacher scolds her).

The friendly Yerim offers a piece of her donut to Hyejoo. Hyejoo smiles but, refuses the offer. She knows how much Yerim enjoys the donuts.

Yerim often chats about her friends from the private school behind their own school building. She drops the name Chaewon and Hyejoo almost has a backlash from whipping her head to the side all of the sudden.

Other names that get dropped aren’t all new to Hyejoo. Chaewon had mentioned Heejin and Hyunjin before, always nagging about how lovey-dovey the two are.

Somehow Hyejoo ends up hanging out with them. Yeojin had basically begged for her to tag along with them. Them being Yerim and Yeojin. Yerim had promised that it’d be only Heejin and Hyunjin but no, Chaewon appears besides the two girlfriends. Warn a girl first for s sake.

Right now she is squeezed in between Heejin and Yeojin. The combination is a terrible one since Heejin will not stop making bad puns and Yeojin already starts laughing when Heejin even breathes. She hates busses atop of it all.

Looking out the foggy window is Chaewon. A soft smile is lingering on her face as Hyunjin tells her about the kitten that she recently got. Chaewon suddenly asks the older girl if she likes the thing more than Heejin.

Heejin is all ears for that. “Yeah Hyunjin, do you like Whiskers more than me? Lately you’ve been talking more about her than me. It almost feels like you’re cheating on me or something.” She pouts and stares at her girlfriend.

Yerim imitates gagging and Hyejoo already likes her even more. Anyone who acts like that around couples is a friend of her. Thank god Sooyoung and Jiwoo aren’t around, she’d die from second-hand embarrassment.

“What type of question is that?” Hyunjin asks as she looks offended. “You already know the answer Heekkie, cats are my only true love.” She says the statement with such a monotone voice that Hyejoo has to fight her laughter.

Ooh’s and aah’s erupt from the girls as they watch the two with expectation.

And Heejin actually tears up, her lip quivering as she looks Hyunjin in the eyes. “If that’s really how you feel then,” a ing tear rolls down her cheek. “Then I guess we should break up.”

Now the tension in the bus is heavy. And Hyejoo isn’t so sure what she should do, call them out on their bull or awkwardly comfort the now sobbing Heejin.

Suddenly Hyunjin snaps her fingers. “Alright guys that was the prank. What do you think, is Heejin’s fake crying conviencing enough? We’ve been practicing on it a lot lately.”

Hyunjin is smacked on the head by Yerim. “That was so mean! I was so ready to throw hands at you, evil child that you are!”

The older girl smirks. She proudly looks at Heejin, who still hasn’t stopped crying. “Heejin, you can stop now, please don’t cry anymore?”

“I still need to practice stopping my tears. Whenever I cry I just can’t stop and you know that.” Heejin protest through soft sniffles. “You are my weakness.”

The other four all gag at the same time. Yeojin whines in protest as Hyunjin leans over her in order to kiss Heejin on the cheek. “, do you really have to do that?” Hyejoo bites her lip as Hyunjin’s hair brushes past her face. Why did she choose to sit here?

“Yes.” Hyunjin says with a stern voice as she throws a glare at Yeojin. “Now be quiet or you won’t get food for the rest of the day.”

That shuts Yeojin up and she firmly closes her eyes as Heejin giggles and pecks Hyunjin on the lips. It’s so sweet that Hyejoo feels her heart ache.

She tries to subtly glance at Chaewon only to find the girl staring straight at her. Hyejoo’s head snaps back and she acts like she didn’t do anything. They can talk for hours over text but now they’re awkward as hell and it .

 

 

Finally, they get off the bus and start striding through the park that is filled with a bunch of other people. A little kid almost runs into Hyejoo. She smiles down at him in an attempt to show that it’s okay. He bursts out in tears.

The mother runs up and apologizes to Hyejoo, who can only smile awkwardly and tell that’s it no problem, she wasn’t paying attention.

Hyejoo sighs in defeat as she walks behind in the group. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter