when the sun falls asleep

slide into your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Listen, nothing that you will say is going to change my mind. Oh My Girl is superior to all the other girl groups out there. I don’t make the rules, sorry.” Chaewon says as she stirs her iced coffee with her straw.

This wasn’t supposed to be a date. So how did it end up being one and atop of that a double-date? Hyejoo is confused.

Jiwoo gives the younger girl a smile. “Oh no honey that’s where you’re wrong. Red Velvet tops all the other groups.”

Sooyoung, who is swiping through Instagram photos snorts. “Yeah, you like things that top, don’t you?” She says it casually without even sparing a glance.

“T-that, that is not true!” Jiwoo exclaims with a flustered expression. “Gosh, I just really like their songs okay?”

The oldest of the four grins. “Sure baby, whatever you say.”

Chaewon watches the two older girls with amazement. Hyejoo recognizes the look, it’s the same look Chaewon has whenever she talks about her dog Bbomi. It’s the look of pure adoration and love.

“How long have you two been together?” she questions as she crosses her arms. Her iced coffee is now abandoned and Hyejoo decides she can just take it. She takes a big sip as she watches her cousin place down her phone.

“Well, if you ask me, we’ve been together for two years now. If you ask Jiwoo- -“

“Then we’ve been together for two years and three months.” Jiwoo finishes as she glances at Sooyoung. “Apparently my way of asking this little kid out wasn’t clear enough.”

Sooyoung sputters in protest. “I thought you were being friendly with me!”

“I kissed you so many times, that’s not being friendly that’s being gay!”

Chaewon grins as she reaches in front of her for her drink. She doesn’t find it where it’s supposed to be. She looks to her left and there Hyejoo sits, sipping from the plastic cup and scrolling through her phone.

She snatches the drink from Hyejoo’s hands and brings the straw up to her lips. Hyejoo gulps as Chaewon looks her dead in the eyes while she purses her lips around the straw. The same straw Hyejoo had in seconds before.

“Thief.” Chaewon whispers.

Hyejoo feels blood rushing to her cheeks. Chaewon is seriously going to kill her one day.

“It’s getting hot in here, don’t you kids think?” Sooyoung innocently asks as she finishes up her black coffee. Jiwoo looks entertained and grins. “Very hot,” she adds to her girlfriend’s statement.

 

 

Hyejoo sighs as she stuffs her hands in her pockets. The air feels heavy and is filled with dark clouds. It’s probably going to rain soon. She realizes she didn’t bring an umbrella, great.
Foots patter besides her. Chaewon opens a light green umbrella and positions it over the both of them. She gives Hyejoo a little knowing smile.

“I really like Sooyoung-unnie and Jiwoo-unnie, why didn’t you introduce them to me earlier?” Chaewon casually asks as they continue to walk along the street. She says nothing about the bomb that she dropped two days before.

“Because they are so lovey-dovey that it hurts. It’s disgusting and they never stop teasing me. Sooyoung apparently thinks that she’s my mom or something, annoying as hell.” Hyejoo says with a scrunched nose.

Chaewon grins. Above them thunder rolls over the clouds and droplets of rain start to fall down. People around them speed up their pace or open up umbrellas. Hyejoo fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter