any dream can come true

slide into your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon has been moody for the past few days now. Hyunjin is done with it. Even though Heejin asks her to stay quiet and let the younger girl be, she ignores her. She likes the new Chaewon much better than the old one and she isn’t going to let Chaewon dwell on things.

“You are going to tell us what is bugging you. Now.” She says, emphasizing the time. They are on the roof of the school. Hyunjin stares at the blonde in front of her. Heejin nervously her lips as her eyes dart between the two.

The blonde a brow. “I have no idea what you are talking about. Please, explain.” She casually says then as she continues to play with her lunch.

Hyunjin rolls her eyes. “You haven’t been the same since you went on that double-date with Sooyoung-unnie, Jiwoo-unnie and Hyejoo. Heck, you were already acting weird before that! So what the hell is going on?”

The younger girl doesn’t answer the question. Instead, she replies with another question, “Do you guys ever feel that something is so right but then so wrong?”

She sighs. “I should have never skated over to her that day. It was a big mistake and I am sure that I messed up by telling Hye about it.”

“Wow hold on,” Heejin exclaims. “You told her that you skated into her deliberately? Damn girl.” She whistles after the sentence. “Where is the old, shy Chaewon and what have you done with her?”

“Please stop,” Chaewon says with a whimper. “She asked me about it. After we went playing games at the arcade. I, I froze up and I said that I don’t remember it and now she hates me.”

Heejin sighs as she walks over to the younger girl and flops down beside her. She gestures at Hyunjin to do the same. The latter listens. They softly rub Chaewon’s back as they give her a soft smile.

“You really like her, don’t you?” Hyunjin asks her in a whisper. “God, how I wished to see this day come. A love-sick Chaewon. Thank you Jesus.”

Her girlfriend hits her on the shoulder but cannot hide a grin. “Anyway, we need to fix this gap between the two of you. She obviously likes you back.”

Chaewon’s head snaps up. “She what?”

Hyunjin snorts. “LOL,” she says. Lately she has been using acronyms to express herself a lot. “Haven’t you figured that out? girl, she told you that you look hot in our school uniform. Whoever sees iness in this uniform is crushing, hard.”

The girl shakes her head in disbelief. “I ed up, didn’t I?”

“I can list down like, ten things you ed up. Starting with when you said with determination: “I’m going to skate over there and talk to her”.” Hyunjin says helpfully. “You want to hear the other nine?”

“No thanks,” Chaewon declines. “I think I can come up with the other nine.”

Heejin runs a hand through her hair. “The point is, Chae, she likes you. You like her, do the math. Ask her out on another date!”

“T-that wasn’t a date! We just hung out with the unnies. Nothing special about that.” Chaewon protests. She looks flustered.

“Girl, she won you a butterfly and gave it to you. That’s like giving you a heart.” Hyunjin reasons. “God, we raised an oblivious kid didn’t we baby?” She then asks her girlfriend, who firmly nods.

 

 

Hyejoo looks like a mess. Her hair is all over the place and bags are forming beneath her eyes. She has pulled another all-nighter. The thing she should do right now is catching up on the sleep that she has missed the last three days.

Instead, she starts up another game. Coffee cups are littered around her room. All the junk food that she has eaten is going to bite her in the (skin) soon. She doesn’t care.

Her parents try to get her out of her room. They offer to go out for dinner or to go skating together. Hyejoo refuses all the offers. She rolls herself up in blankets, only leaving gaps for her hands to find through in order to hold the game controller.

All is good (except her heart that is shattered). She is going to win this round for sure, the opponent is trash at using the right combinations.

“Hyejoo, get your out of your blanket-burrito!” A loud and sharp voice exclaims. Hyejoo winches at the sound. Why the did her parents allow that little to come inside and disturb her gaming session?

“Yeojin, get the out.” She replies. Hyejoo doesn’t even bother to look away from the screen. She’s almost there, just one more- -

The screen goes black. From the speakers it is announced that Hyejoo has lost the game. She snaps.

“Yeojin, I am going to you up so bad that you- -“

She stops dead in her tracks as she sees who stands behind Yeojin. Looking very uneasy and a bit shocked from her outburst is Chaewon.

“Oh ,” she curses under her breath. Then, she forces a smile. She knows that she looks like , she hasn’t showered in three days and didn’t bother to brush her hair or teeth. “Hi Chaewon, how you doing?”

Yeojin sighs as she turns around. She pats Chaewon on the shoulder. “I’m just going to leave the two of you alone.”

Chaewon shifts on her feet as Yeojin closes the door behind her. Hyejoo’s eyes are still wide as she clenches her hands around the game console. She’s still going to kill Yeojin.

“So,” Chaewon awkwardly says. She laughs as she scratches the back of her head. “This is pretty awkward, isn’t it?”

Hyejoo finally places the controller down and unrolls from her blankets. Her over-sized black shirts nearly reaches her knees. She curses herself for not taking the time to wear a bra or some shorts beneath the shirt.

Nervously, she runs her hands through her hair in an attempt to undo the knots that have formed in it. She is suddenly aware of every little thing around her.

How posters of bands she liked before are still up on the walls. How messy her bed is and how her stuffed animals are all over the place. How empty bottles of Mountain Drew are on her desk and beside her.

“Yeah,” she says as she finally breaks the silence. “I haven’t been in such an awkward situation for a while now. Last time was probably when I saw the girl who I demolished, again.”

Chaewon giggles. She ignores the mess in Hyejoo’s room as she walks over to the king-size bed. She sits down on it and looks around the room.

“I like that poster of Hyuna. She’s a queen.” Chaewon compliments as she gestures at the poster. “Cube is so stupid for letting her go.”

It’s an opening for Hyejoo, who greedily takes it.

“Cube can eat . Hyuna deserves everything in the world and so does Hyojong.” She fiercely says as she crosses her arms. She is still standing in the middle of the warzone that she calls her room.

She inhales sharply as Chaewon pets on the bed beside her, wanting her to come over.

“Just, uh, give me a minute okay?” Hyejoo asks as she scurries around the room. She quickly picks up some clothing and runs off to the bathroom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter