prologue

slide into your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their first meeting doesn’t go very smooth. Actually, it’s a disaster and Hyejoo wishes she could do it all over again. Then again she doesn’t because if things had gone different, she wouldn’t have met Park Chaewon.

It starts like this; Hyejoo is just casually skating around the ring. She strides along with the music and is generally enjoying herself. She loves to ice skate, she’d rather skate than walk.

As she goes in for a sit spin she closes her eyes and fully focuses on doing the move. So far she has failed numerous times and this time, she’s going to get it right. During the spinning, she doesn’t notices how a stumbling figure is getting closer to her and cannot avoid her stretched out leg.

With a yelp and a bang, the figure slams into the ice. Face-first and a sick crack echoes through the ring. Hyejoo groans in pain as she reaches for her leg in an attempt to still the pain. She’s rubbing the limb until she notices the girl lying beside her.

“Oh !” she exclaims as she crawls over to the figure that lays still. She swears she can see blood coming from their mouth and a crack is in the solid ice. , she has just murdered someone on accident.

Ring masters are quickly coming over. While Hyejoo is dragged up a chair and being brought away, she glances back at the girl. Three ring masters are around her and trying to get her to sit up while someone on the side is clearly calling for medics.

“Are you alright?” The medic that is taking care of her asks. Her name tag reads Haseul and Hyejoo nods. She’s alright because she can’t feel her leg at all. It’s swelling fast and she knows that some nasty bruises will appear later on.

Haseul touches her leg gently. “Can you feel this?”

“Not really.” Hyejoo replies as she tries to sit up. Pain erupts through her body and she hisses in pain. She decides to lay back as Haseul does her tests. The medic sighs. “I think it’s broken but you’ll need to get scanned to know for sure.”

Hyejoo groans in agony. So she has a broken leg and is going to jail for manslaughter. What a great day.

Haseul’s walky talky goes off. She presses the answer button and listens to the voice on the other end. “Hi, Vivi here.” Hyejoo notices how Haseul suddenly sits up straight. “I’m with the other kid. Probably has broken a tooth. Ambulance is on their way.”

“Got it. I’m ordering another ambulance because I’m pretty sure this one has broken her leg on the impact.” Haseul replies to Vivi. “Over.”

“Did I kill her?” Hyejoo asks Haseul with wide eyes. Her parents will be so pissed when they find out about this. They will probably be madder about the fact that she went skating again than that she killed some innocent girl.

The woman grins as she pockets the device. “Don’t worry. She’ll survive.” Then she stretches out and yawns. “You got anyone you can call? Because you need them with you at the hospital to check you out and supervise you.”

Sadly, Hyejoo does know someone she can call. She’d rather not call her but it’s a crisis right now. If she calls her parents they’ll freak out and get in an accident while trying to get to her. So she sighs and pulls out her phone.

“Yeah, I’ll call someone.”

 

 

“Jesus Christ Hyejoo, you ing killed someone?” Sooyoung asks in amazement as she sits next to Hyejoo. The latter scowls and almost slips down her chair in an attempt to get away from her cousin.

“It was an accident!” she protests. “I was just doing some spins and all of the sudden I am on the ice and the kid is next to me and bleeding!”

Someone clears their throat. The two cousins look over to Jiwoo who is reading a magazine. She looks effortlessly cute and chic. “Sooyoungie, what did I tell you about such foul language?”

Sooyoung’s expression takes a 180 turn as she shoots up and wraps Jiwoo into a hug. “I’m sorry baby, I got kinda stressed. I’ll try to mind my language.”

Jiwoo pecks her lover on the cheek. “Very good. Now why don’t you go look if the doctor is done with studying the pictures? It’s taking kinda long.”

“Of course.” Sooyoung purrs before she strides off towards the office of the doctor they’re waiting for. Hyejoo mimics gagging as she gets a wink from her cousin.

The small woman in across of her closes her magazine and re-crosses her legs as she looks at Hyejoo. “How are you feeling?” she asks gently. Her voice is soothing and the question is so genuine. Hyejoo understands why her cousin is over the moon for her.

Hyejoo puckers her lips. “I feel like Satan himself is gnawing on my leg and I’m probably going to jail for assault or something. Besides that I’m doing alright.” She speaks the truth. Sure, she is in a huge amount of pain and distress but she feels calm too for some reason.

Before Jiwoo can scold her for reffering to Satan, the door to the doctor’s office opens. He walks out alongside Sooyoung who flops down next to Jiwoo. She wraps her arm around her shoulder. “Listen and cry kid.”

The doctor clears his throat. “Uhm yes. Your leg is indeed broken. It’s fractured in just one place so you don’t need to worry about having a cast for too long. Think of six to eight weeks.”

Hyejoo blows raspberries as she crosses her arms w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter