Chapter 3

Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was Taehyung's first day, he was surprised when he got a callback, asking if he would be willing to make runs for the HR Manager. Of course, he said yes, being grateful to even be working in a company like Hydra. He spent the last of his money buying himself the nicest suit he could afford along with shoes. He knew that he gets paid at the end of every week so he for once wasn't worried about not having this month's rent.

 

"How can I help you?" The lady asked at the front desk.

 

Nervously scratching his neck the male stuttered out, "I-I'm here to get my photo tak-"

 

Not even letting him finish she pointed to the left, "Over here in room three your picture will be taken, just state your name and application number."

 

The taller swallowed harshly nodding. Hesitantly, he walked in the direction the lady instructed, immediately seeing a line of people standing, waiting to get their picture taken. Just from first glance, he could see the difference between him and the rest of the people that stood in line. They had on name brand clothes and shoes, while he had on a cheap suit from Walmart. Everyone here looked like they belonged while he sorely stood out. Waiting in line, he watched as one by one each person was brought over to take a picture, each smile as fake as the last. It was hard to believe he actually was accepted. Even if it was just him running errands, he still was excited to start. As the line crept along he studied each person that passed him. One man was wearing a fancy shirt with a plain blazer and pants, then the woman after him wore a classic business look that seemed out of a catalog. The closer he was to the front the more he felt like he didn’t belong. As if he was intruding just being in the same vicinity as the others. 

 

Taehyung’s body shook harshly as his breathing increased. He was next to get his picture taken and somehow felt more nervous than he did at the interview. Something about standing in front of these high profile people made him feel inferior. Like he was nothing more gum stuck on a sidewalk. Taehyung saw how the lady in front grinned, it was strained and forced. Was this what he was supposed to do? It was as if everyone got a memo and he didn’t. Everyone was dressed perfectly except for him. He was the only person whose clothes looked dingy. 

 

Taehyung jumped when the staff member snapped her fingers at him with impatience. He stumbled almost tripping over his own feet trying to move quickly. He could hear the sounds of annoyance as he made his way in front of the camera. Taehyung looked straight into the lens giving his brightest genuine smile as the picture was taken. 

 

The man that stood near the exit gestured him over, which Taehyung nodded and walked over only for the male ramble off quick instructions. He was to pick up his work ID at the end of the day, for now if anyone asked him for identification he was to show them the paper he received after he got his picture taken. 

 

The blond wondered what would happen today. He hoped things went well that he made great impressions with everyone that he met. He really hoped there was a way that he could work himself up to a better more permit position within the company. 

 

Glancing at his wrist for the time he pulled back his sleeve, revealing a cheap dollar store watch. Taehyung was relieved that he was still early. Now the only thing left was to find the HR Manager's office. He already memorized the room number since he didn’t want to be walking around with tons of paper’s looking like a complete newbie. Besides, he was going to be making runs and the last thing he wanted was more things to keep track of. Taehyung stopped, debating if he wanted to talk to the woman at the front desk again for directions but decided against it since she seemed too agitated. He instead walked up to the map of the building that was on the wall near the splitting hallways. He figured the HR Manager’s office was on the fifth floor in room 513. Making his way to the elevators he noticed that all of them were occupied except one at the end that stood alone. Taehyung not wanting to be late, he went to that one where unlike the others that had two buttons, this elevator only had one. He pressed it stepping inside once the doors opened. 

 

✦ ✦ ✦

 

Jungkook gathered all of the documents that he had yet to look over and put them in a folder which he placed inside his briefcase. His headache from the morning along with lack of sleep was beginning to take its toll on him. Even though he really wanted to stay just in case, his mind was starting to blank from exhaustion. Jungkook signed out of his work computer and left his office locking it behind him. 

 

“Leaving already? I thought you were staying until ten?” Yugeom questioned. The younger male quickly stood up, closing his laptop and placed it in his charcol shoulder bag along with his iPad. “Do you want me to reschedule your appointment today for a later day?”

 

The older male hummed walking when the other walked towards him. “Yes, I’m far too tired to do much of anything right now.”

 

Both of the men headed to the elevator at the end that stood alone from the rest, Jungkook’s personal elevator. Before The older could press the button, a soft ding sounded and the doors opened displaying a very confused male. Their hair was an ashy blond color that swept over his eyes. His skin glowed beautifully under the harsh light, magnifying his facial moles that only added to what made the male gorgeous. Even though the man was wearing what clearly was a cheap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter