Chapter 7

Vampire and Pup

"Taeyeon no matter how hard and long you are going to stare at the door Tiffany isn't going to come back any time soon," Yuri said as she observed the puppy sitting in front of the door. 

Taeyeon spared Yuri a brief glance before she went back to staring at the door silently. From the time Tiffany dropped her off she had been in the same position without fail. Yuri had tried many things to lure her away from the position. Food was a no go and even carrying her away from there wasn't working as she always ran back. Thus Yuri gave up and just started watching her. Usually, she would be taking care of Yoona as well but her sister was on a field trip with the other werewolf children. This defeated the whole purpose of Taeyeon staying with her to learn about werewolf culture but it would have been futile anyway. Taeyeon didn't seem to have any other interest other than the Vampire queen. 

"Is there a reason why you like Tiffany so much Taeyeon? I know she was the one who took you in but even this is quite obsessive." Yuri decided to ask just out of curiosity. 

Taeyeon gave Yuri a sidelong glance. "It's not an obsession. It's love." 

Yuri's eyes widened at the pup's words. She chuckled into her fist before she burst out in laughter. Taeyeon frowned at her reaction. 

"What? Why is this funny?" 

Yuri wiped her eye with her finger. "Sorry sorry I didn't mean to laugh but that was incredible. What do you know about love when you are just a kid?" 

Taeyeon turned her whole body and faced Yuri. She was staring at her with her golden eyes and those very eyes made Yuri sit up straight. 

"It doesn't matter that I'm a kid. Tiffany is all I need and that is love. It's sad that at your age you don't have anything like that." Taeyeon said and turned her back without waiting for a reply from Yuri. 

Yuri was stunned at the pup's response. She leaned back into her chair speechless and slightly stunned. This brat with barely any life experience made her speechless. The worst part was that Taeyeon was right. Yuri was popular. People threw themselves at her because she was an alpha and even more so that she was the sister of The Kwon Boa. So there was never a shortage of conquests but she never had felt love. Lust sure but love. Never. She bit her lip in slight irritation at the fact that Taeyeon's words were affecting her. 

There was an uncomfortable silence in the air as they both just sat in silence until there was a rattling coming from the door. Taeyeon lifted her head, her face gleaming with excitement and happiness. However, her expectations were immediately shattered when Boa walked through the door instead of Tiffany. 

"Ahhhhh Finally I'm home." Boa groaned out tiredly as she removed her coat and threw it at Yuri. Yuri couldn't react in time and the coat covered her head. She removed it disgruntedly and stood up to hang it on the clothes hanger. 

"Welcome Back sister. How was your trip?" 

Boa threw herself onto the sofa and put her feet up on the coffee table before letting out a loud sigh. "IT WAS SO INFURIATING! There was a reason why I didn't do house visits to other leaders but this intensified my dislike for them. Damn Jihoon and his blue eyed stupid face. Also because of him, I had to run into that damn nuisance of a Vampire. If one wasn't enough two had to show up in my life. Nothing could get worse from here." 

Yuri gave her a sympathetic smile. "That sounds like the usual business with those fools but don't make yourself too comfortable sister. We have a guest here." 

"Guest?" Boa sat up properly and scanned the room until her eyes fell on a sulking Taeyeon. The pup sadly hugged her knees. 

"....Why is Taeyeon looking like she is dying?" Boa was taken aback by the gloomy child. "Did you do something to her Yuri?" 

Yuri put a hand on her chest as she feigned hurt. "Oof Why do you think that I did something?" 

Boa raised an eyebrow at her sisters acting and Yuri sheepishly coughed. "Alright, I get it. You don't have to look at me like that sister. Taeyeon is just waiting for Tiffany to come back and instead of her you appeared." 

Boa crossed her arms as she observed the sad puppy. "Ah, I get the gist. Well then its time for me to bea- I mean teach her how to handle separation. Come here Taeyeon." Boa said with a glint in her eyes as she walked over to Taeyeon to pick her up. Taeyeon let out a whine when Boa picked her up. 

"I don't want to go with you!" Taeyeon struggled but Boa had a tight grip on her and carried her off to 'teach' the pup. Yuri waved them off with a smile as she knew what her sister was capable of and in no way was she going to stop her. At last she was relieved of her babysitting job and the previous awkwardness. She was about to go out and have fun when she heard her name in the distance. 

"Yuri! Don't you dare have fun! I need you to patrol the city for potential dangers! If I hear one report on an attack on our people I will kill you." Boa yelled. 

Yuri sighed. Her sister knew her too well. "Well, I guess I still get to go out at least and she didn't say I couldn't patrol with company." Yuri grinned as she put on her coat and left the house. 
-----------------------------------
Jessica leaned against the telephone phone exhausted. Her body ached in all kinds of ways but she had a duty to fulfill. Just like how the werewolves were being attacked there were various reports about her own kind being attacked or abducted. The files had been piling up on her desk so by the order of the Hwang's she was dispatched to search for suspicious individuals. Therefore she was watching the people walk by as the surveyed her surroundings. So far the streets have been quiet except for some rowdy humans which gave her some time to catch her break. 

"Ugh." Jessica groaned as she felt another wave of pain course through her body. The toll of being exposed to Tiffany's power was still affecting her body and with each passing second, she felt worse than before. If she had known beforehand that she would be subjected to such excruciating pain she would have told Sooyoung to cover for her. Though even if she did she doubted Sooyoung would have responded to her call. Since her confession of love, she had been good at shirking her responsibilities and even better at avoiding Jessica all together. Jessica sighed. As soon as she mended her relationship with Tiffany another problem had to arise just right after. Her life just had to be that complicated. 

She looked around for one more time before she decided that it was enough for today. Nothing was happening and she desperately needed rest or she was going to collapse. A massive headache was plaguing her at the same time and the pounding in her head was getting unbearable. She sluggishly lifted herself from the pole and she was about to return home when she heard various giggles. She turned around to see what the commotion was about and she frowned immediately. She spotted Kwon Yuri surrounded by a group of girls. They were all clinging onto her and she seemed to be flirting with all of them. Jessica heard that werewolf was popular but to be able to attract that many people without any kind of charm powers was quite impressive. However, no matter how impressive she found this she had no business with her and there were more pressing matters to attend to. 

Suddenly Yuri turned her head and their eyes connected. The sudden eye contact startled Jessica. Golden eyes were a rare sight. The strongest of all werewolf - the Alpha. Even Jessica who had been in contact with many werewolves rarely ever saw golden-eyed ones. She realized that she had been staring for too long and she quickly turned around to be on her way but the moment she turned her legs gave out and she stumbled forward. She squeezed her eyes shut and braced herself for hitting the cold stone pavement but the pain never came. Instead, she felt an arm around her waist which pulled her closer to another body. She immediately tensed up and whipped her head around to see who had caught her when she met the same golden eyes again. The werewolf's face was dangerously close to her own and she held her breath as those golden eyes were observing her. They were both staring at each other in silence when Yuri slowly let go of Jessica's body. She turned around and waved goodbye to the group of girls with a smile before facing Jessica again. 

"That was close! Good thing I caught you." Yuri said. The wolf smiled but when she took a closer look at Jessica she let out a surprised gasp. "I knew you looked somewhat familiar. You are Tiffany's and that violent vampire's girlfriend!" She pointed at Jessica and exclaimed loudly.

Jessica inched away from her cautiously. She frowned at the werewolf's words. "Girlfriends? We don't have that kind of relationship." 

"Oh, you don't? That kiss though and those eyes filled with murder." Yuri mumbled as she scratched her head. 

"That kiss was meant as a joke and Sooyoung is just ....." Jessica trailed off. It was hard to defend Sooyoung when she was still mad at her. 

"Ah, Say no more." Yuri waved it off. She had a feeling that Jessica didn't want to go further thus she changed the topic. "What are you doing here by the way?" Yuri asked casually with no hint of malcontent.

Jessica studied the werewolf's face and demeanor for any sign of suspicious behavior. It wasn't exactly important for her to hide that she was surveying the area for trouble but if Yuri by any chance was part of the problem she would be at a disadvantage. 

" I'm patrolling the area because of the recent attacks on my kind. Even though my kind doesn't wander far from our community there have been increasing cases of Vampires being attacked. I want to stop them before they escalate." Jessica explained. She decided to trust the werewolf for now. She could prove to be helpful. 

Yuri narrowed her eyes for a split second before smiling again. "You too? I was sent here by my sister to investigate the area as well. I was just in the middle of my patrol as well." 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. The werewolf was on patrol as well? Then the werewolves have been attacked as well. This proved her suspicion that the culprit is attacking various races. However, she needed more. What was the reason for these attacks? 

"Do your patrols usually involve a crowd of girls as well?" Jessica decided to ask. She almost had forgotten about it but she found it strange that the werewolf was patrolling the area with a group. Usually one wanted to be discreet while doing this kind of task. 

The werewolf gulped nervously. "That was well I thought having  company would be nice as patrolling can be awfully lonely you know?" The werewolf winked at Jessica but the vampire didn't react to it as she kept a stoic expression. Yuri couldn't see the emotion on her face but she could feel the contempt in her gaze. 

The werewolf's shoulders sunk and she looked like a defeated puppy. "Don't look at me like that. Your eyes remind me of my sister." 

"I didn't say anything." 

"I know but I can feel it in your gaze. It's making me shiver in fear." 

Jessica cracked a small smile at those words. Yuri was different from other werewolves she had met before. There was no hint of animosity seen in here behavior or body language and the way she casually talked to her was a refreshing change.  

"You are weird even though you are one of the strongest of your race." 

"I get that a lot. All the elders always yell at me for being so laidback. It's really annoying." Yuri lifted her arms and stretched. "Be like your sister they say. At least Boa turned alright they always say. Such a bother." Yuri whistled. 

Jessica looked at Yuri as she said those words. The wolf turned her gaze to the sky. Jessica could see the moonlight reflected in those golden eyes. It almost seemed like she was sad. 

"Enough about that though Jessica was your name right? I don't think I have properly introduced myself. I'm Kwon Yuri." Yuri took Jessica's hand and brought it up to her lips, placing a kiss on it. "I hope for a long and peaceful relationship." She smiled charmingly but it didn't faze Jessica. 

She removed her hand from Yuri's hold and wiped it on her coat with a disgusted frown. Yuri laughed at her reaction. 

"You made the same exact face as Tiffany when I kissed her hand. No wonder you are friends." 

"She did?" Jessica asked surprised. 

"Yeah. She even threatened to kill me if I ever do it again. She never did it but she always looks disgusted." 

Jessica smiled. "So we are similar. Even after all these years, we have things in common." 

Yuri watched Jessica curiously. From what she has seen the vampire didn't smile very often but when Tiffany came up in a conversation her face lit up in happiness. Was this how someone in love looked like? It nearly made her envious.

"You smile more often when I mention Tiffany. You have a pretty smile."   

When Yuri pointed that out the vampire immediately ceased to smile. She touched her face confused. "Do I? I haven't noticed." 

"Yeah, you just did it earlier. Whenever I say her name your lips automatically lift. I think it's cute."

"I never noticed before," Jessica said absentmindedly. 

Yuri didn't expect the vampire to react like that. She thought the vampire would be happy but instead, she looked lost. 

"Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry if I did." Yuri apologized hoping that she hadn't overstepped her boundaries. "I tend to run my mouth." 

Jessica shook her head as she closed her eyes briefly. "No need to apologize. I just remembered something from the past. Smiling huh.." Jessica mumbled to herself. 

Yuri was shuffling awkwardly on the spot and she was about to excuse herself when Jessica spoke up. 

"Hey, do you believe in eternity?" Jessica asked.

Yuri was caught off guard by the sudden question. It took her some time to compose herself and she tilted her head to think about the question. She was troubled. She was young for a werewolf and her race didn't live long enough to consider eternity. She had no idea how to answer.   However, she couldn't bring herself not to answer, not when Jessica looked at her with such a lost expression like she could break any minute. So she decided to say whatever came to her mind at the moment. 

"I don't believe in eternity. After all, my race doesn't live for that long. So as long I can stay next to the person as long as my life permits that is good enough for me." Yuri said a little bit embarrassed about sharing her opinion. She didn't hear anything from the vampire and she was about to cower in shame but decided to peer at Jessica to see her reaction. 

The vampire was staring at her with wide eyes. "W-what? Did I say something wrong?" 

Jessica shook her head as a smile graced her lips. "No. Not at all. I just didn't expect such an answer. As long as life permits......." 

The vampire looked a bit happier and Yuri was glad that she had spoken her mind. However, as soon as that thought crossed her mind she saw the Vampire's eyes widen in shock. 

"Michelle? It can't be." Jessica whispered as she covered in shock. She ran past Yuri and the werewolf tried to grab her wrist to stop her but her hand grabbed air. 

"H-hey where are you going?" 

She saw the Vampire go into an alley before she disappeared and she had a bad feeling brewing in her gut. She immediately ran after her. When she caught up she saw Jessica stand in front of a woman. The woman smiled softly with her eyes disappearing. She approached Jessica and her cheek softly and Yuri couldn't see her expression but she could see her trembling. Her hands were clenched tightly. 

"I thought you had died... Why have you appeared now?" Jessica asked shakily her voice coming out softer than she probably intended to sound. 

The woman's smile never left her face and she opened her eyes to reveal her pink pupils. "To reclaim what is mine. What you and Tiffany have stolen from me all these years ago. It wasn't enough that you have hurt me 10 years ago but even now you steal the things that are supposed to be mine." The woman laughed as she suddenly gripped onto Jessica's shoulder. A bone-crushing sound could be heard in the air as a slight wince came from Jessica. 

" I will start with you. To send a message. You can't escape. You will not escape. The both of you will never be forgiven." The woman ceased to smile and the color of her pupils deepened into a darker pink shade. Yuri couldn't even react in time when the woman raised her hand and stabbed Jessica in the stomach. A gasp resounded through the area as she let go of the brunette vampire.  Yuri ran forward just as Jessica fell forward to catch her and cradle her in her arms. Jessica drew shallow breaths as she kept an eye on the woman. Her smile was completely gone replaced with disdain. 

"Tch you even have a puppy looking after you. Always so sly and manipulative little Jess. Ah don't even try to do anything little woof I am way ahead of you. Be glad I'm was only here for her because I wouldn't have minded to add you to my pets." 

"The hell?" Yuri growled. 

"Alas I have fulfilled my purpose here. They going to scold me if I stay here longer than needed. I have to bid you guys farewell now. Bye little Jess and her little woof." The woman waved and stepped into the darkness of the alley ultimately disappearing completely. 

"W-wait Michelle!" Jessica yelled but coughed blood immediately after. 

"H-hey stop. You are hurt so stop talking." Yuri said as she took off her jacket to cover Jessica. Vampires had a strong regeneration abilities but  she was sure by the color of the woman's eyes that she had used her powers in some way to injure Jessica. "Why didn't you fight back?" 

The brunette didn't answer but instead she she grabbed onto Yuri's coat instead. Her breathing was getting more labored as tears were flowing down her eyes. The scene in front of her made Yuri's heart clench. There was something heartbreaking about this sight. She didn't understand what their relationship was but it hurt her to see Jessica so vulnerable and hurt. 

"It's okay. Don't answer. I get you to Tiffany she will know what to do." Yuri said as she lifted Jessica up. She saw the vampired nod and close her eyes and she sighed in relief.  She was about to be on her way when she sensed bloodlust from behind her. She turned around quickly just to be met with a pair of familiar blood red eyes.

"YOU! What have you done to Jessica!" Sooyoung yelled with gritted teeth. She assumed an attack stance and she seemed to be ready to tear Yuri apart. 

"Ah crap." Yuri said as she knew how this looked to the other Vampire. How was she going to talk her way out of this? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So chapter up! That is good but did I promise many puppy moments? I did but there wasn't many I think BUT DEFINETELY I PROMISE PUPPY MOMENTS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. (I'm responsible I swear) Anyways scribe vote comment and I be trying to update things <3 Love you all!