Chapter 5

Vampire and Pup

A cloaked figure made her way through the empty dark cavern, her only way of knowing her location were the fingers that were tracing the stone walls. Eventually, she could see the light at the end of the tunnel and she knew she was at the right location. 

She stepped through the light and she found herself in a room with 3 other cloaked individuals with different colored masks. They were sitting on chairs in a circle facing a cloaked object.

"Ahhh you made it White. How was the foolish wolf? Let me guess he started wailing?" The cloaked figure with the black mask asked and chuckled. 

"Do you even have to ask sister? Werewolves only know how to yap if they aren't trained. Such uncultured beings. Disgusting." The yellow masked figure said in a disgusted tone. 

"Don't be that way Yellow. Not all creatures can be like us. That is why we are here to guide them on the correct path." The blue masked figure said. 

The white masked figure sighed and before answering sat down on the last empty chair completing the circle. 

"As usual Jihoon was nagging me to find the prototype that we have let get away. He is so annoying and so very oblivious," the white mask said and stood up directly in front of the cloaked object. "If he only knew that it wasn't the only prototype that had successfully survived the experiment." White snickered. 

She removed the cloak which was hiding a cage, revealing a chained kneeling girl inside of it. She was in tattered clothes and her hair was disheveled. Her eyes were glassy and empty. White kneeled down and put her hand through the cage and lifted her chin up. 

"Don't worry. Soon you will be ready to reach your full potential my dearest."
-----------------
 
After the puppy had witnessed the kiss shared between Tiffany and Jessica the Vampire had a hard time calming Taeyeon down. She even tried asking Yuri what to do but the useless werewolf friend of hers was as clueless as her. Good for nothing Yuri. She tried everything hugging her, petting her head and even kissing her cheek but nothing. Taeyeon kept on wailing, shaking her head repeatedly. In the end, the only thing she could think off did the same thing Jessica did to her. She was reluctant but this was her last resort. 

She held onto Taeyeon's chin and planted a quick kiss on her lips. It was so brief that she didn't think that it would do anything but the puppies ears perked up and her crying had stopped. Tiffany swore she could stars sparkle in Taeyeon's eyes as the pup looked at her. It had worked but it worked a bit too well. 

Now it had been a week after Jessica's visit and the chaos she had left behind and Tiffany was currently preparing breakfast for her and the puppy. She had taken up cooking as a necessity to learn and as a new hobby as Taeyeon needed actual food and not only cereal so Tiffany bought various cookbooks to help her further her culinary skills. She also confided in Yuri as she had learned that the werewolf cooked for herself and she admits that she was useful for some things at least. She was almost done with the cooking when she felt someone approach and then felt a pair of arms go around her waist. She looked down and was met with a smiling Taeyeon. 

"Fany ah!" She said and rubbed her face against her hip. Tiffany smiled at the over-affectionate pup and pet her head. Since the incident, Taeyeon had grown up pretty well. She was reaching up to her hip now and she could walk on her own with ease.

"What's wrong Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked.

"Mhm, nothing I just missed you. I didn't see you when I woke up." Taeyeon said sleepily and kept on rubbing her face against Tiffany. 

Tiffany started to laugh a little as it began to tickle her and she ruffled Taeyeon's hair telling her to stop. She continued to prepare their breakfast while Taeyeon was still attached to her hip. 

"I have only been gone for a few minutes Taeyeon. It wasn't that bad." 

Tiffany was expecting the pup to whine at her remark but she heard nothing. She glanced at the pup wondering what she was doing. She saw that the pup was staring straight at her and when their eyes connected she could see the seriousness in them. 

"Any minute without you is bad enough for me," Taeyeon said without taking her eyes off Tiffany. The vampire's eyes widen when she heard those words and she stopped whatever she was doing to focus on the puppy who looking at her in such seriousness unbefitting for a child her age. 

"Tae?" Tiffany said almost like a whisper. Sometimes Taeyeon surprised her so much that she would be rendered speechless. Just a week ago Taeyeon wouldn't be able to say such words to Tiffany but now the puppy said such things smoothly without batting an eyelash. Were all werewolf children just like her? Did she miss something while talking care of Taeyeon? Sometimes the vampire was beyond confused by Taeyeon's behavior. Maybe she had to consult Yuri again. 

Tiffany was about to say something to Taeyeon when the puppy suddenly broke out in a smile. "I'm going to set the table for breakfast Fany ah!" Taeyeon suddenly announced. 

Tiffany was taken aback by the sudden mood change and could only answer back with a nod but before she ran off she tugged on the vampire's shirt indicating that she wanted her to bend down to her level. Tiffany obliged to the puppies demand and kneeled down and without a warning, Taeyeon pecked her lips. 

"Yah!" Tiffany yelled surprised. 

The puppy then ran off sticking out her tongue and laughing to get the utensils and plates to set the table. Tiffany sighed when she saw the pup run off. This wasn't the first time Taeyeon had initiated that kind of skinship. Ever since Tiffany had kissed Taeyeon to calm her down the puppy seemed to believe that kissing was okay, which was totally not. She admits it was her fault but she couldn't think of any other way than that to calm down the crying pup. She sighs again. She had to sit down with her and address this or this behavior might become a habit and she might do it to other people in the future. This is what she really wanted to avoid. She didn't want Taeyeon to become some kind of kissing addict.

Tiffany stood up and took the food she had cooked to the table. It was a simple breakfast of eggs, toast, and bacon with a small salad since that was the easiest to make for now. Taeyeon was already eagerly awaiting the meal. The moment the plate hit the table she started to devour it. Tiffany chuckled and sat down next to her occasionally taking bites from her plate. She wasn't used to eating since blood was usually enough for her but she didn't want Taeyeon to eat alone while she watched so to make her feel more comfortable she also ate together with her. She did have a cup of blood next to her which came from the blood packs Jessica had given her. She sipped her cup as she observed the messy way Taeyeon was eating. The pup had crumbs flying everywhere as she ate the food like it was the best meal she had ever eaten. 

"Taeyeon slow down. You don't have to eat so fast." Tiffany said chuckling while wiping off some crumbs of Taeyeon's cheek.

"Brut irts sro derecious," Taeyeon replied with a full mouth. 

Taeyeon gulped down the last of her toast and egg but left the salad untouched. Tiffany raised an eyebrow. 

"Are you not going to eat your salad Taeyeon?" 

The pup stiffened when Tiffany pointed out that she hadn't eaten her salad. Taeyeon turned her head to the side away from Tiffany's sight and started to sip from her water cup.  

"Vegetables are not food," Taeyeon mumbled in between sips. 

"Oh is that so Taeyeon?"  Tiffany said with a brilliant and bright crescent smile but instead of the usual warm feeling, it emitted this time a chill ran down the puppies back. 

Tiffany lifted her own fork and scooped some salad on it holding it in front of Taeyeon who stubbornly kept her head turned away. 

"Won't you eat this for me Tae?  You don't want to make me sad right?" Tiffany said sadly and pouted.  

Taeyeon grimaced when she heard the sad tone but turned her head and hesitantly opened . Tiffany's face immediately brightened and she fed the pup the salad until it was all gone. As the small werewolf took the last bite she immediately picked up her cup of water and gulped all of its content down. She placed the empty cup on the table and stared at it with a crestfallen expression. Tiffany, on the other hand, was all smiles. 

"Good job Taeyeon. You are such a good kid," Tiffany said and pinched Taeyeon's cheek affectionately. 

The pup whined but didn't do anything to stop her. Instead, she covered Tiffany's hand with her own. Taeyeon closed her eyes and nuzzled her face against her hand. She let out a content sigh. 

"I love you so much Fany ah," Taeyeon whispered. She opened her eyes and her golden eyes were staring straight at Tiffany. 

There it was again Taeyeon and her sweet mouth. Tiffany removed her hand from Taeyeon's hold and gave her a flick on her forehead which earned her a yelp from the puppy. Taeyeon whined and held her forehead. 

"Alright, you sweet mouthed puppy stop playing around and get dressed. We are going out." Tiffany said as she put all the dishes in the sink and drank the remaining blood in her cup. 

 "But I'm not playing around," Taeyeon mumbled while jutting out her lower lip pouting. 

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

"Nothing!" Taeyeon said quickly and ran off. 

Tiffany just stared at the running pup with a questioning gaze before returning her attention to washing the dishes. As she put the last dish on the dishrack she dried her hands and made her way to the living room where a fully dressed Taeyeon was waiting for her. The pup was putting on her coat but was struggling to button it up. 

Tiffany chuckled at how clumsy Taeyeon was with her fingers. Even though she acted mature at times she still was a kid. The vampire decided to help the pup and in no time the coat was neatly buttoned up. She gave the pup a pat on the head before grabbing her own coat and putting it on. 

"Alright, let's go Taeyeon," Tiffany said as she opened the front door and held it open for Taeyeon. 

Instead of walking out Taeyeon tugged on Tiffany's coat telling her to carry her. Tiffany who was weak to Taeyeon complied to her request and lifted her up. The moment the puppy was in her arms she grabbed Tiffany's face and gave her a kiss on the lips catching her off guard. This was the second for today and one would think Tiffany should have expected it but here she was again in shock. 

"That was a thank you for helping me with my buttons Fany ah" Taeyeon said happily with the brightest smile plastered on her face. 

Tiffany stared at her with a troubled expression and palmed her face with her hand. The bright smile on the puppy's face worried her immensely and the future of Taeyeon looked extremely troubling already. 

"Haaah let's just go you naughty pup." 
----------------
Boa let out a long breath and she observed the puff of white air that she had exhaled. It took her 2 hours to find the location of the burnt down facility mentioned in the reports and just as it was written down it was completely torched to the ground. She groaned in frustration. No! She couldn't give up. There had to be some kind of clue left behind. The fool Jihoon couldn't have burned everything. Nobody is that thorough.

Boa began smelling the air. It had been a long time since the incident but she hoped that at least some kind of scent was left in the air. She walked around and her nose perked up when she found a peculiar smell. It smelled like vanilla and something else. Something she had smelled recently but she couldn't quite figure out what. She was wrecking her brain when she suddenly picked up another smell. Her head snapped to the left and she bared her fangs at the intruder. 

"Oh oh, I give up. Don't hurt me please." 

A tall skinny fair skinned brown haired man came walking towards with his hands up in the air. His eyes were a light pink color and he smiled brightly at Boa and didn't fail to bare his own fangs. 

"Hwang Leo." 

"I can hear the excitement in your voice my beloved Boa. Long time no see my dearest. It's such a coincidence to see you here in cold Jeonju. I missed you my favorite werewolf." He smiled charmingly. 

The wolf leader wasn't impressed and kept her distance from the handsome Vampire.

"Oh spare me, Leo. As if meeting you is ever a coincidence. Let's get this over with and tell me why you are here. If you haven't forgotten this is werewolf territory and I could easily just hand you over to the authorities." 

Leo laughed and his eyes turned crescent," If it was you apprehending me I would always allow it you know that but since the leader of this region is a blue eye I could easily drain him dry." 

Boa wanted to disagree but since she knew who Leo was she was well aware of what he was capable of. He easily could wipe out this whole region just by himself and the only thing that was stopping him was the agreement between the races. 

Boa sighed and stood up straight which successfully dissipated the hostile air around them.

"Alright, I get your point," Boa said and stuffed her hands into her coat pockets," Now state your business here."

Leo walked in front if Boa and faced the burned remains of the facility. "Well since you are an old acquaintance and my favorite I shall let into my little secret. The higher-ups sent me here to investigate." 

"Investigate? Investigate what?" Boa asked wondering what the Vampire union could possibly be looking for out here in nowhere Jeonju.

"Hmmm well, wouldn't you like to know? Sadly even though I like you the details are quite confidential." Leo said and flashed her another crescent smile. 

Boa frowned. Of course, it was confidential. What else was she expecting from him? 

"Nevermind my business here though. I heard from a small bird that you have come in contact with a certain sister of mine?" 

"Huh? Ah yeah, I may have paid her a brief visit with my sister." 

 "So it's true?!" Leo yelled excitedly the moment those words of confirmation left Boa's mouth. His already smile turned wider if that was even possible and he was swaying happily back and forth wrapping his own arms around him. 

"Ahhh I haven't seen my sister for such a long time. Her pictures always show up in my reports and I can see how gorgeous she has become. She must be so much more beautiful in person." Leo mused on. 

"Get to the point Leo. If you can't tell me what you are looking for at least tell me why you have shown up in front of me." Boa interrupted his rambling. 

Leo snapped out of his trance and let out a cough. " Ahum, Right. I got a little bit carried away talking about the beauty of my sister. Forgive me." The vampire scratched his neck in embarrassment. 

Boa looked at him with disdain. She couldn't believe that this sister complex vampire was one of the strongest out there but maybe she shouldn't be one to talk. Her own sister was just like him minus the complex. 

"To be honest I just wanted to ask you how my sister was." The vampire blushed and scratched his head. 

Boa mouth twitched at his words. "That was all?" she said in a low tone. 

"Yep!" Leo said beaming a crescent smile at her. 

"You! I don't even! Why don't you just ask her yourself?" Boa asked annoyed. 

Suddenly the air turned cold, colder than it already was. "I can't. I would if I could but the moment she saw me she would tear me apart." Leo smiled wryly and a bit sadly as he said those words. 

Boa was taken aback. She never had seen the vampire this sullen before. Hwang Leo was always smiling. He literally was the definition of smiling but now for the first time, the vampire has lost his smile. What kind of power did the younger Hwang have here? 

"Aish your family is so complicated." 

Leo smiled again. "You don't even know dearest Boa. You don't even know." 

---------------------------------------------

Alrighty! Finally the long awaited (I hope) chapter is here for you guys! I apolegize again for the long wait as again I was fighting my homework and responsibilities since I like shirking them so much <3 Please someone save me...... Anyways enjoy comment vote subcribe and stay tuned for the updates for my other stories. Probably going to post Taken and my seulrene chapter updates after I stabilize myself in schoolwork xD Poof Potatoe OUT!