Chapter 6

Vampire and Pup

Tiffany walked alone through the bustling streets. It was the only afternoon but the streets were filled with people enjoying their peaceful day. It was the perfect time to walk around undetected with all the humans out and about.

 It had been a while since it was just her alone without Taeyeon in tow but with the destination that she had in mind, she had to be alone. She sighed. Since she didn't want to leave Taeyeon alone at home she dropped her off at Yuri's place which was located in the werewolf controlled part of the city. Tiffany thought that would be the perfect time for Taeyeon to spend more time with her kind. Especially werewolves her age. She had hoped that Taeyeon would learn some regular behavior a kid her age should have. 

She didn't expect the drop off to be smooth but it was a disaster really. The moment Tiffany lifted the pup and placed her into Yuri's hand she started to wail and thrash around. She should be used to this by now but it always surprised her how the well behaved Taeyeon does a 180 and turns into a brat in just a matter of seconds. Perhaps she could only blame herself. She may have babied her too much. Tiffany could barely move from the spot she was standing on in the face of the puppy crying and she almost decided to just take her back when Yuri stopped her. The werewolf sternly shooed her away and reassured her that she would be able to take care of Taeyeon. 

Tiffany's eyes moved back and forth nervously between Yuri and Taeyeon. She was hesitant about this but Yuri's insistence persuaded her that they would be alright. After all, Yuri is a werewolf and she has many experiences with her kind so it should be alright. 

This brings her back to the bustling streets. Normally Tiffany would avoid going out during the day since her complexion wasn't exactly healthy even for Korean standards but leaving Taeyeon alone wasn't an option. 

Tiffany halted when she arrived at a closed gate to an abandoned school. People around her seemed to have disappeared and the bustling streets are now void of people. She looked around before touching the gate and with that one touch which changed something in the air. She pushed against the gate and with a creak, they opened for her and she then stepped through it. 

The scenery immediately changed again and now she was face to face with two guards. One was leaning against a pillar yawning lazily, wearing a bucket hat covering her whole face while the other was startled at Tiffany's sudden appearance. 

"W-who? H-how?" The guard pointed at Tiffany clearly confused. 

Tiffany was amused at the guard's confusion. She didn't recognize him but if this was enough to startle him then the Vampires need to hire some different personnel. 

"Quiet down whelp. You are in the presence of a former royal." The person in the bucket helmet said. She walked from the pillar and gave a quick bow in front of Tiffany. She lifted her hat with her finger and winked at her. 

"Long time no see Tiffany. It has been many years." 

"No need to bow in front of me Hyoyeon. We are friends despite my exile. Also, that bucket hat is so out of fashion."  

Hyoyeon chuckled lightly. "Hey, I like it okay! So what brings you here? As you said you are exiled and we are the guards. Don't expect me to stop you. We both know that you are stronger." 

"Yes, I know that. I don't want to hurt you anyway so I allow you to bring me to my family. Sorry, Hyoyeon for imposing." Tiffany smiled which didn't really reach her eyes. 

Hyoyeon's back stiffened slightly at the mention of Tiffany's family and it wasn't unwarranted. Tiffany's family is the highest authority in this place and the ones who exiled her in the first place. Defying their order would mean exile or worst: exile. Tiffany sensed the unease and decided to calm her. 

"Don't worry Hyoyeon. A little birdie told me they wanted to see me personally so don't worry about the punishment. I take care of it." 

Hyoyeon was still reluctant but in the end, gave in. "Alright, I trust you to sort out this mess if it gets tricky. Follow me." Hyoyeon led the way but stopped midway to turn around to the other guard. 

"Ah, I almost forgot about you Mark. Protect the gate well for when I return." 

The guard named Mark snapped out of his stupor and pointed at the two Vampires. "Wait Hold on Captain! She may be royal or whatever but she is still unidentified! You can't just walk her into the union!" 

"Sure I can. Not like you can stop me or her. Just be a good boy and stand guard okay?" Hyoyeon gave him a nonchalant shrug and walked away with Tiffany in tow. 

That response didn't sit well with Mark and he ran after them. He grabbed onto Tiffany's shoulder trying to stop her. However, his hand never made contact with her shoulder as he already was on his knees. 

He was stupefied and he slowly looked up to meet a pair of pink eyes staring down at him. 

"W-what are y-you?" He stuttered as the pressure from Tiffany was crushing him. 

Instead of answering him she walked up to him smiling. She lifted his chin. "Ignorance is bliss boy." 

Seeing his terrified expression satisfied Tiffany and her eyes returned back to their original color. The pressure holding the boy down decreased and he took several gulps of air as if he had been denied of it. 

Tiffany returned to Hyoyeon's side who gave Mark a sympathetic look before resuming her guide duties. 

"Man you are still so scary even after all these years. Take it easy with the young ones Tiffany." 

Tiffany only chuckled at the remark and they continued through the streets of the Vampire union. As they entered the main street past the gate Tiffany was greeted with the sight of more of her own kind. In contrast to the stark empty streets from before the streets were now filled with all kinds of Vampires out and about visiting stores. It had been a while since Tiffany had seen so many of her people in one place and there was a certain nostalgia about it. She remembered the time when she and Jessica would run through the streets as kids.

 They had so much innocent fun back then where nothing was asked of them. Tiffany wondered if she had done something different back then she would be on these very streets together with Jessica. She shook her head with a wry smile. There was no point in such thoughts. It had been 10 years since then and if she had stayed here then she wouldn't have met Taeyeon.   

"What are you thinking about Tiffany?" Hyoyeon asked pulling Tiffany out of her thoughts. 

"Hmm I was just thinking about this place and how much had changed. How much I have changed since then." 

"Even for Vampires 10 years are a lot so it makes sense a lot of things have changed for you. We all have changed Tiffany," Hyoyeon said as she kept a steady pace through the streets. "Some for the better and some for the worse." She added while narrowing her eyes and Tiffany couldn't quite place it but there was something in those words that made the hair on Tiffany's back stand up. It sounded ominous and Tiffany was curious but she held back and they went onto their next destination in silence. 

"Alright. This is it. I will be taking my leave now Tiffany before somebody sees me with you. If we do meet again let's get a drink." 

"Yeah, that would be nice." 

Hyoyeon smiled and left as quickly as they had arrived. Tiffany was now standing alone in front of the gates of the large Korean mansion her parents would be residing in. She traced the gate with her fingertip. At least this hadn't changed since all these years. Her previous home still was the same just like she remembered. However, reminiscing is not what she came for today. She walked through the gate and ignored the guards that were shocked at her sudden appearance. She still remembered her way through the mansion and immediately made her way through the corridors and arrived at the main room. She opened the doors and just like she expected her parents were already ready to meet her. 

"Welcome back home Tiffany." Her mother greeted her giving her a smile while her father only grunted out a greeting. 

Before Tiffany could respond the guards of the mansion finally caught up with her and were all assembled in front of the room. All of them were breathing heavily as they all bowed in front of her parents. 

"I-I'm s-sorry about this Masters! We are going to remove her from the premise immediately." The guard stammered nervously as they moved to surround Tiffany. 

Her father immediately raised his palm to stop the guards. "You fools already have failed in your task in protecting this building! Begone and return to your posts! We are going to retrain you all!" Her father yelled angrily. 

The guards cowered in fear at their master's anger and retreated in shame. Tiffany's eyes followed their back until they weren't in eyesight anymore before turning back to her parents. 

"You haven't changed at all father. Still so scary and intimidating." 

Her father just gave her a grunt while her mother kept her smile on her face. 

"Nevermind them, Honey." Tiffany's mother said and she stood up to walk over to her daughter. She placed her palm on Tiffany's cheek and caressed it. "You have gotten so much prettier my baby." 

Tiffany gently placed her hand on her mother's arm and moved it away from her. "Stop it, mother. I haven't come here to do this happy family routine. I'm just here to confirm if I can secure a blood supply from you." 

Her mother gasped at the harsh words her daughter has given and placed her palm over in shock. Her eyes scrunched up like she was about to cry. This made Tiffany's father stand up in anger. 

"How dare you daughter! She welcomes you with open arms and this is how you treat your mother?! Where are your damn manners?!" 

Tiffany closed her eyes and sighed. She turned towards her father and her eyes turned pink. "I have ceased to be your daughter a long time ago. The only reason why I call you mother and father is because that is the only respect you guys deserve from me." 

Her father gritted his teeth and he was about to yell again when someone held him back by the shoulder. 

"Now now Mister Hwang no need to be angry. I'm sure you understand where Tiffany is coming from and aren't we here to make amends rather than open up more wounds." 

"Jessica....." Tiffany looked at the blond Vampire who was patting her father's shoulder soothingly before moving to her mother. She whispered some soothing words to her as well which seemed to calm her before turning her attention to Tiffany. 

"This isn't really the way to ask for things right Fany ah?" Jessica smiled at her. 

Tiffany kept quiet and just nodded at her. "Fine. I don't want to overstay my visit so just tell me if I can receive a supply from blood from you?" 

Her parents looked at each other for a brief second before facing her again. "We are willing to supply you with blood.... Under one condition." 

"What is the condition?" Tiffany asked narrowing her eyes in suspicion. 

Her mother looked at her husband and then Jessica with a worried expression before opening . "You have to meet with Leo." 

Suddenly the pressure in the room increased and Tiffany's parents and Jessica had to use all their willpower to stand upright. Screams of pain and agony could be heard all over the mansion. 

"You must be joking." Tiffany stared at her parents with disgust and anger. "TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING!" 

The pressure in the room increased and her parents and Jessica couldn't handle it anymore and fell to the floor. They tried telling her something but the pain of being crushed was making it impossible for them. However, Tiffany suddenly stopped. She was breathing heavily and ran a hand through her hair to calm herself. She realized that she shouldn't use her powers so often. The more she used the more blood she would need to consume.  

"I'm sorry I lost myself there."

As her parents and Jessica were freed from her hold they started to cough violently.  Tiffany walked to Jessica and grabbed her arm to help her up.  

"I'm sorry Jessi. It must have hurt." Tiffany said apologetically.  

Jessica still had difficulty breathing and she leaned against Tiffany for support.  "It's... " Jessica coughed as she tried to speak. "It's okay. I know how you feel." 

"Then you will know I won't accept this right? I'm sure you knew that they were going to give me this condition and you still made me come here?" Tiffany now looked at Jessica with sadness in her eyes. 

Jessica gripped onto Tiffany's arms and looked up at her with panic in her eyes. "No Tiffany I didn't know anything about this. I wouldn't do this to you. You should know that better than anyone." 

"I know. I know." Tiffany whispered sadly. 

She faced her parents who were trying to recover from the strain Tiffany's power had caused them. She looked at them with pity. In the past she revered them. They seemed so strong back then but now even with just a fraction of her power they were overpowered by her. 

"I can't agree to the condition. Therefore I will take my leave now. Farewell, again Mother. .... Father." Tiffany let go of Jessica. She made sure that the blond Vampire could stand on her own before walking out of the room in a haste. 

"Wait Miyou-! Ugh" Jessica tried to run after her but to no avail. She still was too weak to pursue her and her body gave in. She collapsed onto one of her knees as she gasped for air. 

"Dammit!" Jessica hit the floor in frustration. 

"Don't try Jessica. The moment you are hit with her power at full force it will take you some time to recover." Mr. Hwang said. 

"We wouldn't be in this state if you hadn't mentioned him Mr. Hwang. You should have known that his name would set her off!"  

Mr. Hwang and Mrs. Hwang both looked remorseful as they bit their lips. "We have no choice. You saw that we were powerless against her. She is the strongest of all of us and we aren't getting any younger. We may be stronger than all other Vampires here but without her, we won't be a match for other races. We need a strong heir for this union. An heir between our son and daughter. Their child would guarantee our survival." Mr. Hwang explained. 

Jessica was repulsed by their reason. "Are you crazy?! You have tried this in the past and look how that turned out! She hates him. Haven't guys learned when she almost killed him?" 

"Leo loves her above all else Jessica! Don't you understand?! We didn't want to do this but she is all that he wants! If it's not her then it's nobody. We can't let the Hwang's end with him." 

Jessica was speechless at the revelation. Hwang Leo. It was all because of him. Her, Miyoung and Michelle. She gritted her teeth in anger. If he hadn't had this sick infatuation with Miyoung then the tragedy would have never happened. 

"This can't be the only way." 

----------------------

Tiffany kept on running without stopping. It didn't matter where she had to run but all she needed was to get out of this place. Her breathing was labored as memories kept on filling her head. A lake, a beautiful smile, a warm hand caressing her head as she held hands with Jessica and a happy family. 

Michelle. Michelle. Michelle. Why did this have to happen?

Tiffany couldn't handle this feeling anymore. She needed to see someone. Somebody that made her feel happy. Anything. She needed to see Taeyeon. Taeyeon would make this feeling of dread go away. 

She ran faster. As fast as her feet could take her. Taeyeon was all that mattered now. 

-----------------------------------

I have risennnnnn!!!!! Welp Here is an update cause I'm a responsible person and *cough* shirked my studying time to write this! HAHAH cry 

Well I hope you enjoy this chapter. Not much puppy moments but worry not THERE WILL BE PUPPY moments in the next chapter :P Anyways 

SUBCRIBE VOTE COMMENT 

Potatoe loves yall :P 

Ps: SUPER EXCITED FOR TAEYEON'S ALBUM but this broke noodle gotta save up first tehee CRY