Chapter 4

Vampire and Pup

Tiffany shuffled in her seat as Jessica was throwing her an incredulous look into her direction. How was she going to explain to her that a puppy that she only had known for a week and a half had melted her stubborn barrier around her heart which even her best friend couldn't even breach after almost 2 decades? 

"Well........ You know Jessi... Things happen and you know..." Tiffany said while looking away from her best friend nervously. 

"No, I don't know Tiff." Jessica coldly said. "I have tried for so many years and I can't even count how many times I came to your door and asked you to come back to the Vampire union but each time I came you rejected me saying that being a beggar was disgraceful and that hunting your own prey was more rewarding. Now, look at you now. You called after how many years? 10? After 10 years you called me for blood and threw your pride away for a werewolf puppy? I still can't believe it. This is not the Tiffany I know." Jessica folded her arms and looked at Tiffany sternly who was shrinking in place, becoming smaller and smaller with the way Jessica was looking at her. 

"It's not sure how it happened Jessi. Meeting Taeyeon has somehow softened me. I can't explain it but something about caring for Taeyeon warms my heart." Tiffany said while smiling fondly when she thought of Taeyeon. "Have you never felt this way before? I'm sure you have Jessi." 

Tiffany looked up at Jessica and was startled when the latter was staring at her with eyes filled with love and warmth. She quickly averted her gaze. 

"Yes, Miyoung I have felt that way before," Jessica said sorrow evident in her voice.

Tiffany felt the guilt creep up on her as she heard her Korean name spill from Jessica's lips. It brought out something from inside her, an image from the past. A picture of two young Vampires who had promised each other eternity. A promise she had broken caused by her stubbornness which Jessica had to pay for. 

"Jessi...... I!" 

"Enough. It's okay Tiffany. It's all in the past. It doesn't matter anymore" Jessica firmly cut Tiffany off and effectively ending the topic. Tiffany just nodded dejectedly and Jessica had to sigh at that. 

"Moving on, the purpose of me coming today was one, the blood packets. Even my position in the Vampire union could only secure three blood packs without being questioned but we both know this will only last you about 2 months so this leads me to the second point. I think you already know who is the family in charge of overseeing the distribution of the blood."

Tiffany nodded with a grim expression on her face. She knew very well who was in charge of the blood supply within the union. She must thank Jessica because without her she wouldn't have been able to acquire any blood packets. 

"I appreciate this Jessica but I don't think I will like what you are going to tell me next." 

"Just listen to me Fany. This has gone on long enough. You can't run away from your family forever." 

Tiffany frowned when Jessica mentioned her family. The Hwangs were one of the royal Vampire families residing in Korea and to Tiffany's dismay, they were also the family that oversaw union affairs. Though she hadn't been part of that family for a long time. 

"Jessica, I'm not running away. They have disowned me a long time ago." 

Jessica sighed. "Fany ah you haven't talked to them since you were in your teens. Don't you think it is time to let bygones be bygones?"

Tiffany looked straight at Jessica, her brown eyes slowly changed into pink. Tiffany was angry. No, she was furious. "How can you say that Jessi!? Have you forgotten what they have done to us? You can't possibly tell me just to forget about that. I won't!"

Despite being in front of a furious Tiffany, Jessica remained calm. 

"I'm not telling you to forget but I want you to reconcile with your family. They regret it you know. Every time they see me they always ask me about you. Think about it, if you go back and talk to them you can acquire blood packets without being questioned. It's more for you than for them." 

Tiffany closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was trying to calm herself down though she was doing a bad job at that. She understood where Jessica was coming from but her dispute with her family had lasted more than just a decade. Her family never had tried to reach out to her to reconcile so why should she be the one to mend things? It wasn't even her who had started all this. 

Tiffany opened her eyes again and her eyes have regained their brown color, indicating that she had calmed down. 

"I will think about it Jessi. I can't make a decision right now." 

Jessica nodded understandingly. Tiffany not outright rejecting this idea is better than her dismissing the idea completely. Her taking care of the werewolf pup must be one of the factors. Jessica was slightly jealous because after all, it was the pup that made their reunion happen. 

"That is better than nothing." Jessica let a smile grace her lips. "Anyways I think it is time for me to leave." She stood up from the sofa and held out her hand for Tiffany to take. It surprised Tiffany but she took her hand with a small smile playing on her face. Her hand was cold but for Tiffany, it was one of the warmest. It let her remember the happier days from back then.

 When they found themselves in front of the door and Jessica was about to open it when a loud thud against the door startled them both. Cautiously Jessica opened the door only to be greeted with loud yelling. 

Yuri stood protectively in front of Yoona and held onto Taeyeon who seemed to have half transformed as her ears were out and she was baring her fangs at Sooyoung. She seemed to be struggling against Yuri as she was ready to lunge at Sooyoung. 

Sooyoung eyes were blood red and she was glaring at the werewolves. Especially Taeyeon. 

"Come at me dog! Even the mutt has more guts than you." 

"Now, now violence is never the answer," Yuri said with a troubled expression on her face. She was trying to defuse the situation by laughing off every insult Sooyoung was throwing at her. She did however not make light of the tense situation. She never took off her golden eyes off Sooyoung, taking in every movement the Vampire was doing. She was ready if she would make a move and she won't hesitate to strike her down. 

"If you aren't going to take action then move out of the way Dog!" Sooyoung yelled and stepped forward red eyes trained on Taeyeon. Yuri readied herself to defend herself when a yell interrupted them. 

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" 

Sooyoung and Yuri both were surprised by the yell and their head snapped to the direction of a fuming Jessica with an equally angry looking Tiffany. 

"We were only talking for a little bit so how is it that a fight broke out? Sooyoung explain yourself! I thought you had your emotion in check." Jessica questioned angrily while Sooyoung was looking down refusing to meet her eyes. 

Seeing that Sooyoung wasn't going to answer she turned to Yuri who was taken aback by her angry stare. She too averted her eyes and decided to stay silent. Yuri, however, didn't notice that her hold on Taeyeon had loosened and pup freed herself. She then ran to Tiffany and attached herself to her leg. Tiffany was slightly startled at the sudden weight on her leg. She looked down at Taeyeon and patted the pup's head. She moved her hand down to her cheek and made her look up. Taeyeon's ears were flattened against her head and tears were rolling down her cheeks. Tiffany gasped and immediately picked Taeyeon up and rubbed her back comfortingly. 

"Taeyeon, What's wrong?" Tiffany asked concerned. 

The puppy buried her head in the crook of her neck and pointed at Sooyoung responding with a muffled, "Bad." 

"What did you do Sooyoung?" Tiffany glared at Sooyoung. 

"You shouldn't believe what that mutt is saying, my Queen. You might not believe me but I wasn't the one who started this." Sooyoung's eyes turned back to dark brown color and she stared straight at Tiffany showing that she was telling the truth. 

"That might be true Sooyoung but you should have controlled yourself. Taeyeon is a child and you are much older than her. You can't just attack her even if she wrongs you. You even pulled Yuri and Yoona into this mess." Tiffany said and pointed at the pair. 

When all attention fell on Yuri she sheepishly scratched her head and looked to the side. "It's alright as long nobody got hurt." She said smiling awkwardly. 

"Shut it, Yuri! It's not alright" Tiffany yelled making Yuri shrink back on the spot. Don't talk back to an angry Vampire Queen she thought. 

"What a wimp...." Sooyoung muttered quietly thinking that only Yuri could hear it but unfortunately for her Tiffany heard it as well. 

"You don't get to say that Sooyoung!" Tiffany yelled. "Kneel!" she commanded. 

Sooyoung was forced down to her knees and by Tiffany's command. She struggled against the force pushing her down but ultimately gave up. Once a command was given by Tiffany only she had the power to remove it. Tiffany glared down at Sooyoung with her now pink eyes. 

"I hope this will teach you a lesson Sooyoung. I expect better, especially from someone your rank." She spoke more softly now thinking that she might have taken it a bit too far using her powers but she did it to maker understand and because it was in the spur of the moment. She was going to keep on lecturing her but a hand on her shoulder stopped her. 

"That is enough Tiffany. I think Sooyoung has reflected enough. I think she has felt enough pain by being under your control." Jessica said. 

"If you say so." Tiffany's eyes returned to their original color which lifted the command over Sooyoung and the Vampire could freely move her body again. Sooyoung lifted herself up and patted the dirt off her clothes. She then turned to Tiffany with a serious expression. 

"I won't apologize for the way I have acted and I hope you know what you are getting yourself into my Queen. Werewolves are our natural enemies and should not be trusted so I hope you will exert the utmost caution while interacting with your mutt." Sooyoung said. 

Tiffany scoffed at her. "If I were you Sooyoung you should shut your mouth right now before I will do it for you." 

Sooyoung just shrugged her should and turned away from her ending their conversation. Jessica sighed at Sooyoung's behavior. 

"Well , suppose this is a good time as any to end our visit Tiff before my companion here does anything more foolish. It was nice seeing you after such a long time, my Queen." Jessica teasingly said. 

"Not you too Jessi! Stop calling me Queen." Tiffany groaned.

Jessica chuckled at the groaning Tiffany but then her attention fell on Taeyeon who had stopped crying a while ago. She was holding onto TIffany's shirt and quietly observing Jessica. Their eyes met and the puppy glared at her. She countered the glare with a smug smile. She grabbed Tiffany by the arm catching her off guard and planted a quick kiss on her lips leaving her dumbfounded while Taeyeon cried out in surprise. 

"See you next time Tiff." She waved at them and quickly left with Sooyoung following her leaving behind a mess. 

"H-hey Jess! Wait-" Tiffany was interrupted by a crying Taeyeon who was wailing in her arms after witnessing the kiss between Tiffany and Jessica. 

"Taeyeon why are you crying?  Come on it's going to be okay."
-----------

Jessica's steps were light when she walked down past the apartments and she was humming a tune while smiling to herself. Sooyoung on the hand lagged behind her with a somber mood. 

"Did you reconcile with our Queen? Is that why you pulled that stunt, Jessica?" Sooyoung asked bluntly. 

Jessica stopped in her tracks and glanced back at Sooyoung. "Watch your tone Sooyoung. I am still your superior but to answer your question- Yes, we are on better terms again." Jessica said slightly smiling to herself. 

Sooyoung grimaced and Jessica was about to start walking again when the taller Vampire held onto her wrist stopping her. Jessica shot her a questioning glance.

"What are you doing Sooyoung?" 

"Do you still have feelings for her?" 

"What?" 

"For Tiffany." 

"I don't why-"

"Just answer the question. Do you still harbor feelings for her?" Sooyoung asked her more forcefully and tightened her grip on Jessica's wrist. 

Jessica was taken aback by the forceful tone Sooyoung was using. Sooyoung usually was quite respectful towards her and always knew her place but as of now, she was being forceful. 

"I don't know, Sooyoung. Now let me go!" Jessica demanded and tried to pry herself free from the other Vampire but the latter wouldn't let go. Instead, Sooyoung moved her hand from her wrist to her hand and brought it up to and placed a kiss on the back. She kept her eyes on Jessica's that had considerable widen when witnessing the said action. 

" Since you don't know I still have a chance. This may sound cruel but I was glad that she never got the chance to reciprocate your feelings and that she was disowned before you could declare her feelings for her.  

The moment Sooyoung said those words the air around them froze. Jessica's hand became freezing cold, so cold that it would cause an ice burn but Sooyoung held onto her hand not minding the throbbing pain. She instead kept her focus on Jessica's now piercing blue eyes. Jessica was glaring at her furiously and if her stare could kill the taller Vampire would have died multiple times already. 

"Sooyoung let go right now if you value your life. You have overstepped your boundaries and I'm sure you know you won't survive an angry me." Jessica warned her. 

Sooyoung, however, didn't heed her warning and pulled her closer to her. They were face to face with only a small space keeping them apart. The pain was only growing but she didn't care. 

"That is right. Be angry Jessica. As long as you keep thinking of me I at least will remain on your mind. As long as my existence will take up Tiffany's spot." 

Jessica couldn't believe what she was hearing but Sooyoung looked serious. She must be if she was enduring the burning cold touch of her hand. 

"Choi Sooyoung, Are you crazy?" 

"Yes, I am crazy. Crazy in love. Crazy to make you mine." Sooyoung said with absolute seriousness. She then let go of Jessica's hand, her own hand evidently burned from the extreme coldness the smaller Vampire was emitting and she walked off leaving a perplexed Jessica behind. 

----------
Meanwhile, in the far outskirts of Jeonju, Boa was standing in front of a metal gate guarded by two werewolf guards. She approached one of them and the said guard raised a cautious eyebrow at her but when he had a closer look his face immediately changed from cautious to respectful. Both guards immediately kneeled down in front of her and put their hands together greeting her formally.  

"Boa nim! What a surprise to see you here in Jeonju. If I may ask what is your business here?" 

"I'm here to see Jihoon. If I may of course." 

The guards looked at each other for a split second before turning back to Boa.

"Of course Boa nim. Jihoon nim is in his study. Please enter." 

The guards stood up and with one push with the palm of their hand the metal gate opened wide open for Boa to walk through. Boa thanked them and went on her way to meet the werewolf leader of Jeonju. She quickly found her way to his study and without knocking she opened the door. It seemed that her arrival was of no surprise and a tall and attractive middle-aged man was standing in the middle of the room facing her. 

"Well, well if it isn't young little Boa. What a surprise to see you in Jeonju." Jihoon said in a mocking tone almost wanting to provoke Boa. 

"Cut the crap Jihoon. You know the reason why I am here." Boa ignored his mocking words and immediately pulled out of her coat an envelope and threw it towards him. He caught it with ease and immediately started to look at the content of it. 

"As you should know already there were reports of missing werewolves ranging from this area and Seoul. I need to know if you have found any clues of their whereabouts." 

Jihoon finished looking at the items Boa has given him and sighed. "You could have asked nicely you know. Just to think that you used to be so innocent and cute when you were still a young wolf. Haah. What a shame." 

Boa glared at him, her eyes telling to hurry up and stop stalling and he just shrugged his shoulder and went up to his desk and opened the first drawer taking out some photos and throwing them on the desk. 

Boa looked at the pictures and she started to frown in disgust. 

"What is this Jihoon? What are those pictures?" 

The various pictures sprawled on the table were showing cells with black objects stacked on top of each other and medical facilities. Boa couldn't wrap her head around what the meaning of these pictures was.

"Those are the missing werewolves. Not only are those the missing werewolves, but it is also multiple other races like Vampires and Witches in those pictures. They are the charred black objects in those pictures. Somebody has taken the liberty of killing our kind Boa." 

"WHAT?!" Boa shouted, "How come this is the first time I have heard of this Jihoon? Do the other races know of this? No, do the other leaders know of this?" 

Jihoon shook his head nonchalantly like this it was an unimportant issue. "No? Why should they know?" 

"What do you mean? This is our kind- dead in this picture Jihoon! Why aren't you angrier? What were they doing with them? Where was this taken? Answer me!" Boa slammed her fist on the table starting  to get irritated with his nonchalant attitude. 

"Calm yourself Boa. The issue has been taken care of. We buried the bodies and burned down the facility. Everything is alright now. No need to call all the authorities." 

"YOU DID WHAT?" She was furious now. How stupid was this man to do this? She even wondered how he became the leader of this region. "Do you understand what you have done Jihoon? The only place where we could have found clues as to what they were doing there is destroyed! How are we supposed to avenge them now?! What were you thinking?!" 

"Trust me Boa. It was for the best to destroy that place quickly. You don't want to see what I have seen. All the info is in this report so take this and return to your Seoul. Whatever happens in Jeonju is my problem and not yours so kindly stick your nose elsewhere." His tone turned serious and to finalize his statement he gave her a stack of papers. 

She took them and briefly looked them over and put them away in her coat. She was far from satisfied with his dismissal but when Jihoon the fool turned serious she knew that there wasn't going to be more information coming out of him.

"Fine. I am going to leave you for now but if reports of missing werewolves land on my table again you can swear on your blue-eyed alpha that I will be back." Boa turned away from him and made her way off the premise. She hadn't gotten all her answers yet with the only place destroyed that yielded any clues so she had to dig somewhere else.  She made up her mind to stay at this place for a few more days and investigate. She just hoped Yuri would be fine without her at home. 

As Boa walked away from the mansion Jihoon stood at the window, watching her walk away. He watched until she was out of his sight and then he returned to his table sighing. 

"I did just as you told me to do. Are you satisfied?" 

A shadowy figure walked out of the corner of the room. The person was wearing a white mask covering their whole face. 

"You did well Jihoon. I didn't think you had it to fool the great Kwon Boa but color me surprised. Well done." The figure clapped unenthusiastically. 

"Oh spare me with your false sugary words. Boa is still suspicious so we still have to be cautious. Just tell me that you have fixed your damn mistake and found the prototype," he growled angrily. 

"Don't worry your pretty face about the prototype, everything is going according to plan."

"How can I not worry!? I sacrificed my own to help your experiments and now the only successful product of those tests is gone? Tell me. How am I supposed to be not worried? I may have been able to divert the attention for now but if you don't find the prototype soon our plans will all end up in ruins." 

"I already told you Jihoon, everything will be fine. Your plans and mine will be alright." The masked person said reassuringly and walked back into the darkness ultimately disappearing. 

Jihoon slumped into his chair and ran his fingers through his hair tiredly. He stared at the ceiling blankly collecting his thoughts. 

"This better be worth it." 

-------------------------------

IT"S AN UPDATE AFTER GIJILLION YEARS WOHOOOO. 

I just started school and I'm drowning in essays but here I am writing fanfics (oooff someone be my conscience  and tell me to be responsible)

Anyways anybody going to the Red Velvet concert and the Tiffany Lips on Lips showcase if you are I see you there in L.A :P

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy! Vote, comment, subcribe! :P