Hoop 6

Manager Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoop 6

 

"So the preliminaries are next week?"

"Yep," Jennie nodded while focusing on finishing up her homework that lunch time. She wanted to finish up whatever homework she had in advance so she didn't have to worry about it later on when she's busy with the basketball club. "Are you coming to watch?"

"Maybe if I can make it on time," Jisoo muttered before taking a sip of her drink. "Hopefully I don't have any last minute club meetings after school,"

Jennie glanced up at Jisoo through her eyelashes for a brief moment before looking back down at her homework again.

"Seokjin sunbae would be really happy to see you there,"

"Of course he would," Jisoo sighed but smiled anyway.

"So you're both fine now right? No more running away or avoiding him?" Jennie asked.

"We're working it out," The dark haired beauty muttered. "His fan girls are still annoying but as if I would ever let them win,"

The corner of Jennie's lips lifted up into a small smirk as she continued to glide her hand across the paper.

"At least you only have to deal with the Kim Seokjin fanclub. I have to deal with all of the basketball members fan girls every single time we have training," She sighed, as she recalled how noisy the fan girls of the boys were while they were having their training. 

"It's a good thing they're scared of you so they won't even dare to step foot into the gym," Jisoo chuckled. "You should really teach me how to make that scary mean face of yours - ah like the one you're doing right now!"

"What are you talking about?" Jennie rolled her eyes. "This is how my face always looks like,"

".......True," Jisoo mused as she tilted her head a little to study Jennie's face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jennie asked, pausing from her work.

"You know, you're actually really kind of cute," Jisoo pointed out. "If you let your hair down, lighten up a little and actually smile, boys would probably line up to get your number,"

Jennie rolled her eyes once more at her friend.

"I don't have time for boys right now," She retorted.

"Oh yeah," It was Jisoo's turned to rolled her eyes at Jennie. "So what about the basketball club? They're boys and you make plenty of time for them,"

Jennie found herself squinting her eyes as images of the basketball club members goofing around suddenly pops up in her head.

"That's a different case," Jennie answered. "They're much more of responsibility. A big messy handful testerone fueled responsibility - but still a responsibility,"

"Sure, sure,"  Jisoo waved a hand. "But you're still a girl, don't you find at least one of them attractive? I mean I'm not gonna lie but the members of the basketball club aren't that bad looking. But of course Seokjin is still the most handsome to me,"

Jennie found herself resting her chin onto her palm and gave it a thought. It was Namjoon's face that appeared in her head first but then a moment later, his face began to become distorted, causing the brunette to frown. The distorted face began to materialized back into a face, and then suddenly instead of being Namjoon's smiling face, it was now the blank looking face that belongs to Jeon Jungkook.

Jennie felt the corner of twitch in annoyance and quickly waved away the image in her head.

"No one." She answered in a monotone.

"Not even one?" Jisoo frowned at her.

"No," Jennie shook her head, even though it wasn't completely true. "If you were in my shoes, you would understand why."

"Oh believe me, lots of girls would kill to be in your shoes," Jisoo said as she leaned back in her seat. "When you have a team with that many good looking people - it's basically just like one of that reverse harem animes! You know where the heroine is always surrounded by dozens of hotties,"

"Okay, I dont understand why are we even having this conversation?" Jennie sighed, shaking her head. "If anything, the boys are just like little children that I have to babysit and always keep my eyes on so they wouldn't go burn down the first thing that they see,"

She heard Jisoo chuckled which made Jennie give her a questioning look in return.

"What's so funny now?"

"I don't know," Jisoo smiled. "It's just that even though you make it sound like it's so troublesome to be the manager of the basketball club but you're smiling as if you just remembered something nice about the boys,"

"I'm smiling?" Jennie asked as she touched her lips.

"Oh Jennie, Jennie, Jennie," Jisoo made a tsk tsk sound while shaking her head with an amused smile. "I guess even the hardest of iron can still be melt,"
 

 

"Looks like everyone is fired up for the preliminaries," Coach Bang pointed out as they watched the boys go about their training that afternoon.

"You're right sir," Jennie nodded in agreement. "After the practice match with JYP, everyone seem to have gained a little bit more confidence,"

"You guys did a great job even though we didn't won," Coach Bang complimented. "I wish I was there to watch it myself but nevermind, the video that Coach Park send me was good enough. I can say that we have a promising chance at the preliminaries now and not to mention we also have our little secret weapon over there,"

Jennie raised an eyebrow when she saw the coach made a gesture with his head to the sides, making the manager turn a little to see what he was pointing at.

"Oh," Jennie muttered when she realized what the coach meant by 'little secret weapon'. He was talking about Jeon Jungkook who was currently sitting on the side bench with a bored look on his face as he watched the others trained. She had made him sit out of training for the day because of his ankle. After that little match with Kim Mingyu a few days ago, his ankle had started swelling again. 

Hmm...speaking of that match with Kim Mingyu...I guess no one actually won the bet since after finding out that Jungkook had hurt his ankle in the middle of the game, that Kim Mingyu guy decided to put their bet on hold....didn't he mention something about settling it during the preliminaries?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter