Hoop 3

Manager Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoop 3

"Jennie-sunbae, why do you like the captain?"

Jennie paused mid-way from what she was doing and turned her attention away from the screen of her laptop. She found herself narrowing her eyes at the intruder who had pulled her out of the peacefulness of the quiet club room.

"Didn't I tell everyone to rest since there's no practice today. What are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same thing?" Jeon Jungkook asked, leaning against the frame of the club room doorway with the usual blank look on his handsome face and his long arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm gathering information on our opponents from the other schools that we might have to face in the preliminaries," Jennie answered, looking back down at her laptop. "I'll do anything I can to prepare us for the tournament,"

She suddenly heard the sound of a chair being scraped back, making her look up at the noise. She watched as Jungkook dragged a chair to the opposite side of the table she was seated at before turning it around and placing each of his long legs on either side of the chair, using the back as his arm rest.

"Why aren't you going home yet?" Jennie asked, not exactly thrilled to have one of the most obnoxious member of the basketball team being in the same room as her.

"I'm waiting for Jingoo and Eunwoo to finish with their drama club meeting," Jungkook answered.

"Oh right," Jennie muttered. "I forgot that they're also in the drama club,"

But why does he have to wait here of all places?

"You haven't answer my question, sunbae," Jungkook muttered sounding bored as he rested his chin on an open palm. "Why do you like the captain?"

"I'm not obliged to answer you anything," The manager retorted back. "And it's none of your business,"

The younger boy smirked in reply. "Why don't you just tell the captain you like him then?"

"No way," Jennie snorted, glaring at him as she did.

"Why? Is it because he has a girlfriend?"

The female brunette sighed heavily as she shut her laptop, knowing that there was no way she could focus on her work now. She then pinched the bridge of her nose, looking like she was having a massive headache.

"Look Jeon Jungkook-ssi," She started, looking up at the boy who sat across from her. "Not everybody is like you. Not all of us can just blurt out what we want without considering many things. Sometimes we need to look at the situation and hide how we really feel. There are times where we are put in certain circumstances where we just have to give up and let go. You don't understand, do you?"

Of course he doesn't. His just a kid.

She waited for him to make smart comeback like he always does but instead, all she got in response was silence.  The manager found herself lifting up an eyebrow at the brunette who only remained seated in his chair with the same unreadable look on his face. Heck, she wasn't even sure if he was even listening to her.

"Do you ever smile, sunbae?" He suddenly asked.

"Huh?"

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile," Jungkook pointed out.

What the hell is he talking about now?

"If something good happens, I will smile you know. I'm not a robot," Jennie scoffed back at him.

The corner of Jungkook's mouth tilted upwards but instead of a smirk, it was actually more of a smile. And boy did he looked like a completely different person with that expression. He looked almost nice.

Jennie had to swallow at that thought.

"I want to see you smile," He said.

"Well, if you stopped harassing me all the time, maybe I will," Jennie remarked.

"That's not fun,"

"How is harassing me all the time fun?!"

"Cause that's the only time I get to see sunbae make all kind of expressions," The brunette smirked, leaning closer.

"You're crazy," The manager muttered in a monotone, still giving him an icy stare.

If he was expecting her to get flustered from how close their faces were, oh boy was she going to disappoint him. She wasn't nickname the Iron Manager for nothing.

"Jungkook! You in here?!"

Jennie snapped her head away from Jungkook at the same time as the door was being pulled opened by Jingoo with Eunwoo by his side.

"Oh hello, Manager-nim," The ever so well mannered Eunwoo politely acknowledged her. "Are we intruding on something?"

"Don't worry, you guys aren't intruding on anything," Jennie shook her head. "I'm about to  leave and lock the room up,"

"Do you want to join us for some hamburgers Manager-nim?" Jingoo offered, beaming as he did.

Before Jennie could even politely decline, a certain brunette was already rejecting the offer for her.

"Manager Kim already said that she wants to go home, let's not disturb her," Jungkook said as he got up from his seat and grabbed his school bag on the other table. He then left for the door while muttering a, "Let's go,"

Jingoo face dropped in disappointment while Eunwoo just nodded.

"Yeah, Jungkook is right. Maybe next time," Jennie apologized even though she felt a little annoyed that Jungkook had decided for her without even asking.

"Okay, another time then!" Jingoo nodded with a grin on his face. "See you tomorrow Manager-nim!"

"Have a safe trip home Manager-nim," Eunwoo said before walking out the door followed by Jingoo.

Once they were gone, Jennie let out a sigh of relief.

That Jeon Jungkook. Ugh. How annoying.

 

A few days later

"Everyone gather around!" Namjoon called out when he saw both of their manager and coach walked into the gym in the middle of their practice shots.

All the tired and sweaty players stopped what they were doing and made their way to the stage where Jennie and their coach, Coach Bang was seated at. Jennie helped to pass out a mineral bottle each to all the players while their coach waited for them to settle down so he could announced the good news to them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter