Hoop 2

Manager Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoop 2

Kim Jennie sighed heavily as she made her way to the gym the next morning. She was currently suffering from a headache thanks to a not so pleasant goodnight sleep. She had spent the whole night thinking of non violent and jail-free ways to keep Jeon Jungkook quiet about her secret.

It would be very bad for her if the entire basketball team especially Namjoon himself found out about her secret. How the hell was she supposed to face all of them once they know? She'll probably have to switch schools to save herself or better yet, change cities perhaps.

Urgh, you're over thinking Jennie! Now it's not the time to think about all of that! You have to focus on the training and preliminaries!

When she reached the gym, she wasn't surprised to find that no one was here yet. It was still pretty early but it was already a routine for the manager to arrive earlier than the rest of the club members whenever they had morning practices.

After putting her bag down, Jennie then went to begin her work. She started off with mopping the floor, making sure that it wasn't dangerous and slippery.  After that she went to get the balls out from the sports storeroom at the back of the gym before going to the clubroom to get a box of sports drinks for the boys later on. After she got everything in order, she then went through the training regime that she had wrote in her data book while waiting for the others to arrive.

One by one, the members of the basketball team began to arrived with most of them still being half awake while complaining on how it was still way too early to do anything.

"Is everyone here??" Namjoon yelled with his hands cupped around his mouth.

"Yoongi hyung isn't here yet!" Jimin yelled, raising a hand up.

"Of course he isn't," The captain sighed before muttering, "He's always the last one to arrive every time we have morning practice anyway,"

"We'll warm up first while we wait for him to arrive," Jennie said with her usual straight face while focusing her eyes on her data book. She was trying to keep both her eyes and mind off of Namjoon but it was kinda hard when she had to work with him.

it up Jen. Remember that you're here for training!

"If Yoongi sunbae is still isn't here in five minutes then we'll start without him," She added.

"Good idea," Namjoon nodded, smiling before turning to his team. "Everyone do a little stretching while we wait for Yoongi!"

The boys then went to spread out around the court to do their own stretching.

Jeon Jungkook however remained standing where he was which was just a few meters away from where Jennie stood. He was staring at her with one of his eyebrows lifted. And in return, she decided to ignore him by making herself looked busy, flipping through the pages of her data book.

That's right Jennie, just ignore him. If you pretend that he isn't there, then maybe he'll disappear for real.

However, Jeon Jungkook continued to stare at her.

His not there...his not there...

Keeps on staring.

Why is he still standing there?

Continues staring.

His still staring isn't he?...

Still staring.

Yes, he is.

Jennie snapped her head up to glare at him.

"Why aren't you stretching with the others Jeon?"

The corner of Jungkook's mouth suddenly tilted up into a sly smirk. Without answering her, he then turned around and jogged towards the court where the other players were.

Jennie could only watched him with a dumbfounded look.

"What the hell?" She muttered to herself, frowning as hard as she could.

What game is he trying to play with me?!

She watched with hooded eyes as he joined the other two freshmen, Yeo Jingoo and Cha Eunwoo.

It has only been over a month since the first years had joined the basketball club. However, none of them have yet to be given the opportunity to show off their skills and potential which is why Jennie had decided that today the freshmen were going to play a 3 on 3 game with the seniors. That way she could get a clear picture of the first years stats, skills and potential.

The upcoming Inter-High preliminary games will be their first high school tournament of the year. The team have also yet to choose a new Power Forward player in the first line up to replace a senior who had already graduated last year. So hopefully one of first year players would be able to fill in that spot.

"What are we going to do this morning, Manager-nim?" Namjoon asked when he approached her while stretching his long arms over his head as he did.

"We need to choose a new potential player to play the Power Forward position today," Jennie told him in her usual business like tone.

"Well, we don't really have much choice except for the three new freshmen," Namjoon said as his attention went to the center of the court where the members were now goofing around.

Ever since the seniors had graduated last year, the only players left were the current third years, Namjoon, Seokjin, Hoseok and Yoongi; the second years, Taehyung and Jimin and now they have the first years, Jungkook, Jingoo and Eunwoo.

The current first line-ups were, Namjoon as Centre, Yoongi as Point Guard, Jimin as Shooting Guard, Taehyung as Small Forward and for now temporarily filling in the spot, Hoseok as Power Forward even though his actually a Point Guard like Yoongi.

Seokjin on the other hand was the substitute Small Forward more often being on the bench instead of the court which he didn't really mind since he knew he was still lacking confidence in his skills as he had only picked up basketball just last year when Namjoon had persuaded him to join the team to meet the required requirement number of club members to maintain the sports club.

"That's why I was thinking a 3 on 3 with the freshmen to see all of their skills and then we can decide what position they will be suitable playing," Jennie suggested.

"That's a good idea!" Namjoon clasped his hand in agreement, smiling as he did before his eyes landed on the data book in her hands. "Looks like you've been really busy trying to sort all of our training out. I feel bad that we have to rely on you a lot since Coach Bang isn't always around,"

"It's okay, captain," Jennie answered, slowly looking up at him. She bit the inner bottom of her lip when their eyes met. She then continued, "It's my job as the manager,"

"We couldn't have asked for a better Manager-nim," Namjoon chuckled putting a hand on her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. "We're lucky to have you,"

Can he please just stop being so nice! This isn't fair! How is this going make me move on?

"Mmm, I'm just doing what I can," Jennie muttered, trying to conceal her blush by lowering her face.

"Hey Captain," Jeon Jungkook interjected, suddenly appearing out of no where. Jennie suddenly froze in her spot as her eyes widened at the same time.

No way! No way! No way!

"What is it Jungkook?" Namjoon asked, not realizing that Jennie had went stiff beside him.

"That's not the only thing Manager Kim can do,"

"Eh?" Namjoon turned to look at the first year with a questioning look. "What do you mean??"

No way, this brat! His not going to tell him about yesterday is he?!!

"Yesterday, Jennie-sunbae—"

GRAB!!!!

"Eh, where are you guys going?" The captain asked as he watched Jennie dragged away the first year towards the main entrance of the gym, heading outside.

"I need Jungkook to help me get the training vests at the club room," Jennie yelled over her shoulder as she pulled Jungkook outside and slammed the main door shut.

"Wow, I didn't know they got along well," Namjoon found himself chuckling before looking down at the data book that the manager had ed into his hands. "Oh, this is amazing! She even knows our blood type. Huh, even I don't know my own blood type,"

Outside, Jennie, despite being way shorter than the giant Jungkook, harshly grabbed his collar and glared up at him viciously.

"What the hell were you going to tell the Captain?!" She snarled lowly, afraid that someone within hearing distance could hear them.

"Why I was just going to tell him that you stayed back yesterday to polish the balls,l. That's why they're so shiny," Jungkook said innocently. "What do you think I was trying to say?"

Ugh, his mocking me I know it.

"Look, I'm going to ask nicely and tell you to shut your mouth, got it?"

"You mean about how you were crying yesterday because you're upset that the captain has a new girlfriend now?"

Damn it this brat, does he have to rub it in my face?

"Don't you dare tell anyone about it!" Jennie hissed, tightening her grip on his collar and pulled him closer so she could glare directly up into his eyes and show him just how serious she was about it.

"Sure sunbae," Jungkook smirked down at her. "But if you want me to keep it as a secret, let me...." He trailed on as his smirk deepened.

Jennie narrowed her eyes at him. "Let you what?"

"Let me touch your chest,"

The brunette quickly released her grip on the first year and distanced herself from him. Even though he sounded serious when he said it, she knew he was just teasing her just like he has been ever since he joined the club.

"Don't get cocky with me you erted brat," Jennie snorted. "Do you have anything better to do than harass your seniors?"

"Maybe..." Jungkook started bluntly, shrugging his shoulders. ".... Or maybe I just want to see what other faces that sunbae can make. It was interesting to see the iron manager cry yesterday,"

"Are you a sadist or something?" The manager scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Who takes pleasure in seeing other people cry?"

"Hey, what are you two doing out here?"

Both Jennie and Jungkook turned their head to see Min Yoongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter