Hoop 5

Manager Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Hoop 5
 

After the very eventful and loud morning trying to get all her siblings ready for school, Jennie made her way to school while making a mental checklist of what she has to get done within this week before the preliminaries.

Her mind however was distracted no thanks to the incident with the obnoxious brat that goes by the name of Jeon Jungkook. No matter how many times she tried waving the memory away, it kept coming back to haunt her.

Ugh, that brat is seriously getting braver and braver with his teasing, it's so annoying. I gotta be more careful this time. Besides, I don't have the time to think about such stupidity. I have to refocus all my energy into the club and the upcoming preliminaries. Knowing Jungkook, that kind of confession was definitely just a joke.

Too distracted by her jumbled up thoughts, Jennie found herself accidentally bumping her shoulder against another female student.

"Oh I'm sorry sunbaenim!" A female voice apologized.

"Ah it's okay," Jennie assured, looking up at the person she had bumped into, only to see that she wasn't alone. She had two friends by her side another girl and an all too familiar boy.

Oh , it's the devil spawn himself.

"Jennie-sunbae, you look troubled," Jungkook stated, tilting his head a little when he looked at her.

"Oh you know her Kookie?" The female student who Jennie had bumped into asked, looking up at the tall boy.

"Yeah, she's the manager of the basketball club,"

"Oh!" The other girl exclaimed. "It's her?? The 'spank you' girl!!"

Jennie felt herself blanched.

The spank you girl?!

Jennie narrowed her eyes accusingly at Jungkook who in return looked at her with a raise of his eyebrow.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to get to class," Jennie politely excused herself.

She certainly did not want to stick around and be laughed at by a bunch of freshmen, especially with Jungkook around. He'll just make fun of her even more than he already have been.

Jungkook watched with a pair of hooded eyes as the petite brown haired 2nd year her heels and headed for the stairs.

"Hmm, what's wrong Kookie?" His female friend from the same class, Eunha asked.

Flashback (Inside of Jungkook's head)

A pair of dark feline like eyes were glaring up at him like he was some kind of pest.

"Stop messing around and apologize to me for what you did just now,"

"Why?" Jungkook smirked. "It's not like I used tongue or anything,"

"As if I would have let you! There's a limit to how far pranks can go you know. This is pushing it too far! This is harassment!" Jennie retorted before pressing the sleeve of her trainer jacket against her lips and started wiping it viciously.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows together. 

End of flashback

"Nothing."

 

 

"Kyaaaaaa! Go Jungkook! Go!"

"Oh my god Taehyung is so hot when his sweating!!"

"Seokjin sunbae!! Look here look here!!"

"Cha Eunwoo looks like a prince!!"

"Doesn't Jingoo looks like that actor from Moon Embracing the Sun??"

"Park Jimin!!"

Jennie eyebrows twitched in annoyance at all the squealing and screaming coming from over her shoulders. Apparently news of their narrow loss against JYP had spread like wildfire in school and everyone was curious about the members now. However it was mostly the female students who came to watch them practice and it was starting to get annoying.

Luckily they were only watching from outside the gym since they were too scared of the manager and her threatening icy death glare to step foot inside.

"Focus on practice and stop waving at them!" Jimin yelled at Taehyung who was too busy giving fan services to the girls.

"What? Im just being nice," Taehyung said, still waving at his fans.

"This is so annoying. I think I'm going to be deaf soon," Yoongi complained cause unlike Taehyung, he wasn't enjoying getting screamed at. "Don't they have their own club activities to go to?"

"Jeon Jungkook!!"

"Jeon Jungkook we love you!!"

"Jungkook!! Look here!!!"

"Wow Jungkook, I think half of them are here for you," Hoseok turned with a pout to look at the brunette who was just casually taking a sip of his drink. "Im jealous!"

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders in return, looking indifferent. His eyes however were watching their manager who was going through her data book with the usual serious look on her face but her left eyebrow was twitching, probably annoyed by the screeching vultures girls.

"Break time is over, back to practice!" Namjoon yelled. "Jimin drag Taehyung back here!"

The training then continued despite all the fan girls watching and yelling at them from outside.

"Ow!! Leg cramp!!"

Jennie snapped her head up and saw Hoseok on the ground while holding his left calf with a pained stricken look on his face. Her motherly manager instinct immediately kicked into gear and she quickly grabbed a spray and some tapes from her bag on the bench before making her way to Hoseok.

The other members watched in amusement as their very well prepared manager kneeled down to inspect Hoseok's leg.

"Wow our Manager-nim is amazing, She acted so fast," Taehyung said in awe.

"She's always so well prepared," Namjoon nodded in agreement.

"Tell me if it hurts" Jennie said, as she massaged Hoseok's leg like a pro.

The injured boy was blushing furiously at the sudden skinship and how close the manager was to him. Even his heart was racing uncontrollably probably because his not used to girl's other than his mom and sister touching him.

"His enjoying it too much," Jimin muttered, sounding jealous. "I knew I shouldn't have brought along my lucky item today. Maybe then I would get bad luck and get a leg cramp too,"

"Hey! Stop blushing like a ert hyung! You're getting dirty thoughts aren't you?!" Taehyung yelled, pointing a finger at the red Hoseok who looked like he was going to explode from embarrassment.

"Wh-what the hell are you talking about?!" Hoseok yelled back, looking flustered.

Jennie however didn't seem to hear any of them since she was too busy treating Hoseok. It was either that or she has already activated her deaf ears mode.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Hoseok yelped as the manager stretched his now bandaged leg.

"Next time don't sit down straight after you finish playing, let your muscle adjust accordingly first," Jennie muttered softly, slowly gazing up at him through her long lashes, making the boy blushed even more.

Everyone in the team knew that Manager Kim has always been attractive but her strict personality and cold expression always overshadows her beauty, making them scared of her. However, it was times like this, whenever she started to act all caring and stuffs that always brings out the waifu material out of her and make the members feel all mushy in the inside.

"Ah-ye-yeah, o-okay," Hoseok stuttered nervously. "I will re-"

"Ow, my ankle still hurts." A flat voice suddenly interrupted them.

Everyone turned their heads to look at Jungkook who was now on the floor, clutching his ankle with a blank look on his face. The corner of Jennie's lips suddenly twitched.

"Hey! You're lying! You just want Manager Kim;s attention too!" Taehyung accused, jabbing a finger at the first year.

"It does really still hurt," Jungkook said with a deadpanned face.

"Well, you don't sound or look like you're in pain!"

"Manager-nim, my ankle hurts," The brunette whined, looking at her.

Tch....

"I told you to just sit on the bench today didn't I?" Jennie remarked. "So whose fault is it that it hurts?"

Jungkook clicked his tongue, looking away with bottom of his lips slightly tucked out.

What the hell? Is he sulking?

"That manager is so mean to our Jungkookie!" A female voice yelled.

"Well If the manager doesn't want to treat him, let me treat him instead!"

"No, me!!"

"Let me!!!"

"Im part of the school's infirmary! Let me!!"

"Well I'm a member of the Red Crescent! I have basic first aid kit knowledge!"

"I have a license in CPR!"

"What does that have to do with a sprained ankle?!!"

God damn it these girls.

Jennie sighed and looked back at Jungkook who was now looking at her with his shiny doe eyes. Even though his expression was blank but he had this this look in his eyes that said 'Don't blame me if I can't play properly in the first round of the preliminaries. We might lose cause of my ankle. But oh well, since our manager doesn't care about the Power Forward who is the main scorer of the team, I guess I have to it up.'

For the love of god. I swear.....ugh!

"Maybe you should check his ankle just in case, Manager-nim. And I think Jungkook should just rest for the rest of training," Namjoon suggested. "We don't want our Power Forward to be less than 100% before the tournament,"

Well since the captain says so....

"Okay," Jennie nodded, turning to look at Jungkook who was giving her a dull look in return, probably because she only agreed to treat his leg because of Namjoon.

"Alright," The captain nodded back. "Come on guys! Let's continue practice!"

"You're kidding me right!" Taehyung exclaimed in disbelief as he watched Jennie went to Jungkook's side. "But his just faking it!"

"Get back to training you fool," Yoongi said, pushing the whining younger boy towards the court.

"B-but hyung!"

"Open your shoe," Jennie immediately instructed once she kneeled in front of Jungkook, ignoring the glares she was receiving from the girls watching them.

"My arms are sore, can you open it for me instead?"

Jennie glared at the brunette in return. "Do you want me to treat your ankle or not?"

He smirked back at her. Once he took his right shoe off, she went to work on his ankle without even glancing up at him. She could feel him staring at her the whole time as she sprayed his ankle and gave it a gentle massage. It felt like deja vu all over again.

"Jennie-sunbae,"

"What?" Jennie asked dryly, not even bothering to look up; afraid that he might do something weird again; just like he did the last time they were in the JYP locker room.

"Have you given any thought about my confession?"

Jennie paused for just a brief second from wrapping the bandage around Jungkook's ankle but a second later, her hands started to move again.

"What is there to think about?" She asked. "Stop joking around and let me finish this quickly,"

"I was being serious you know, sunbae," She heard Jungkook muttered in a low tone that made him sound really serious. "I really like you,"

"Sure you do," Jennie said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "You like harassing me. You like making fun of me. You like making my job as manager way more difficult than it should be. So yeah. There all done,"

The manager rubbed her hands together while admiring her neat work on Jungkook's ankle.

"Not bad huh? Now just stay put and sit on the...." Jennie trailed on when she looked up at Jungkook and met his very intense gaze.There was no hint of mockery or mischief in his eyes like they always have every time he . It was all pure seriousness. He looked almost irritated? "...bench. Jeon Jungkook-ssi? Are you okay? Did I wrapped it too tight?"

He suddenly leaned in closer until his mouth was right next to her right ear.

"Sunbae," He whispered. "If you don't believe me, then I'll work hard to prove to you just how serious I am,"

Before Jennie could even react or push him away, a string of loud squeals and screams had interrupted them. Even the other boys had to pause from their game to see what the screaming was all about. As a result, Seokjin got hit in the face by the ball that Yoongi had passed to him.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! My beautiful face!"

"What's happening outside there??"

"Excuse me, excuse me,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter