Hoop 1

Manager Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoop 1

 

Beeeep! Beeeeep!

"Alright! That's all for shooting practice! We'll have a five minutes break before working on our defensive drills!"

"What! 5 minutes only?!" Kim Taehyung whined from where he was bended over with both of his hands on his knees. He was already so sweaty even though it has only been less than an hour since they started training.

"Can it be 10 minutes instead?" Park Jimin panted beside Taehyung as he wiped his sweat stricken forehead with the wristband he was wearing.

Kim Jennie slowly lifted her dark feline like eyes up from the databook she was holding to glance at the two complaining boys. She narrowed her eyes at them and that was enough to make both of the second years to gulp out of fear as a chilling sensation went up their spine at the sudden eye contact with their manager.

"Err...on second thought," Jimin swallowed, averting his eyes away to look everywhere else but at Jennie. "I think 5 minutes is enough, don't you think Tae?"

"What's that Hoseok hyung?! You want us to go there?! " Taehyung suddenly yelled across the gym at Jung Hoseok who had abruptly paused from his conversation with Min Yoongi when he heard his name being called out.

Hoseok gave the second years a confused look in return. "Huh?"

"Did you hear that Chim?! Hyung is calling us! Hold on, we're coming!!!" Taehyung yelled back, already dragging Jimin away with him to the bleachers.

"But I didn't call them...did I?" Hoseok muttered looking at Yoongi who only gave a shrug of his shoulders in return.

"That was close," Jimin sighed in relief once they finally reached the bleachers.

"You two looked like two piglets who just escaped the slaughter house," Yoongi pointed out in his usual monotonic voice.

"We were so close to getting eaten by a she-lion," Taehyung whimpered, hugging himself protectively. "So close!"

"By she-lion, do you mean Manager-nim?" Hoseok asked, briefly looking over his shoulders at their female manager who was standing at one corner of the gym while diligently scanning through that databook of hers.

Their manager, Kim Jennie was a small and petite girl with long brown hair that was always tied up into either a high ponytail or a messy bun.

She had the exterior of a cold ice princess; her sharp gaze and resting face would always makes everyone else hang their heads lowly to avoid eye contact or any form of interaction with her. Some would even quickly walked the other way because they didn't want to crossed paths with her.

Though the boys of Big Hit's basketball club were all practically bigger and stronger than her but with just a single eye contact, she could always make them fall into submission right away.

To match her cold looks, she had an equally serious personality to match. She took almost everything seriously; be it at her studies or her job as the manager of the school's basketball team.

"Man, she sure is pushing us harder than usual lately," Jimin whispered lowly to them even though the said person that they were talking about was on the other end of the gym. "I mean the Interhigh Tournament qualifiers is still a month away,"

"Tch, are you all forgetting why we even qualify to join the Interhigh qualifiers in the first place?" Yoongi snorted from his seat on the bench.

"His right," Hoseok agreed with a sigh. "The only reason why we were able to join was because one of the qualifying school had to drop out. They needed a replacement and well, we're the replacements. So I can see why Coach Bang and Manager-nim is trying to push us to train harder. It's so that we don't lose,"

"Come on, let's face it," Yoongi let out a small tired yawn before he continued. "Ever since our seniors graduated, our team ,"

Hoseok gave him a scowling look at that.

"Hey! Don't be such a pessimist Min Yoongi! We do not....you know....completely..." Hoseok suddenly found his voice faltering for some reason . ."........"

"You hesistated hyung!!" Taehyung exclaimed dramatically. "That means you do think that our team too!!"

"No! Wait!" Hoseok protested, jumping up on his feet. "I didn't say we ! What I said was we do not completely !"

"Damn, if the most optimistic member of our team says we , then we do then," Jimin pouted, looking down at the ground sadly.

"Wait did you not listen to me!" Hoseok groaned. "I said we just kinda !"

"Who said we ?!" Kim Seokjin suddenly appeared in between Taehyung and Jimin with a fuming look on his face.

"Hoseok hyung!" Both Taehyung and Jimin pointed a finger at Hoseok who looked at them in disbelief.

"Wait why just me?!" Hoseok protested before jabbing a finger in the air in Yoongi's direction. "Yoongi said it first!!"

"Don't drag me into this," Yoongi muttered, already getting up on his feet and walking away.

"Now Hoseok, what did I tell everyone about using the S word?" Seokjin narrowed his eyes as he took a step forward before putting a hand on his now flustered teammate's shoulder.

"Oh no," Jimin whispered to Taehyung. "Jin hyung is going to start one of his lectures again,"

"Time to get out of here," Taehyung whispered back, making a motion with his head to leave.

The two best friend then quietly tip toed away as Seokjin began to lecture a betrayed looking Hoseok.

On the other side of the gym, away from all the noise, Jennie was in the middle of updating her data book when someone suddenly decided to interrupt her focus.

"Hey sunbae, why do you always have such a firm look on your face? You know that it's only your s that should stay that way right?"

Without raising her eyes from the data book, Jennie waved a hand at the person disturbing her.

"Don't disturb me Jeon Jungkook. Go drink water or something. Can't you see I'm busy here?"

As a response, Jeon Jungkook only stared at her briefly in return with a smirk on his face. He then turned around and went to join the others at the side benches while dribbling a basketball at the same time.

Jennie absent mindlessly poked her right cheek with the end of her pen as she went through what she had jotted down in her data book. Ever since she was asked to become the manager of Big Hit's basketball team last year, she have been carrying around the same data book in her bag everywhere with her.

Everything important that was club related was in the book and she can always be seen with it during training. By the end of the week, she would hand it over to the coach so he could review her latest observations and updates on the team.

"Hey, Kookie! I still can't believe you actually have the balls to join the team even after you touched the manager's chest during the first day of school,"

Jennie suddenly felt herself stiffened as her ears perked up at the gossiping boys by the side benches. Though they were on the other side of the gym, she could still perfectly hear them since according to Taehyung's logic of whispering - it was just talking in a much lower voice but still being loud enough to be heard.

"What I can't believe is that you're still alive," Jimin muttered, actually sounding impressed. "But then again, from what I've heard Jennie-ssi didn't even react to it. As expected of our iron hard manager. Man, if it was any other girls..." The dark haired boy trailed on.

"So..." Taehyung snickered sliding closer to Jungkook on the bench until their shoulders touched. "...what was it like?"

"Seriously Tae," Jimin sighed, shaking his head.

"Oh come on Chim," The other boy rolled his eyes. "You'd be lying if you said you didn't want to know. We're growing high school boys, so it's natural that we're curious,"

"You're going to get us murder if Jennie hears us," Jimin said while pivoting his head in Jennie's direction.

Even though she looked like she was preoccupied with her data book but oh boy little did they know that she was hearing everything.

Taehyung only brushed Jimin off and looked at Jungkook excitedly. "So, what was it like??"

"Hmm..." Jungkook muttered before taking a sip of his own drink with both of the seniors watching him.

"What does hmm supposed to mean?" Taehyung asked with a frown.

The brunette then lowered his bottle from his lips and turned to look at Taehyung with a rather blank look. He then wiped his mouth, put his bottle down next to his bag, grab the ball from underneath the bench before running back to the court, leaving the two seniors with a dumbfounded look on their faces.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! You didn't answer us!!" Taehyung yelled after him. "What does the manager's chest feel like?!!"

"Idiot! She's going to hear you!" Jimin barked, slapping his best friend on the back of the head making him yelped in pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter